As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WH40K: Tonight we're gonna party like it's m40.999 (New Ig on page 66)

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You're assuming its a mathematical statement. If it has penetrating power, but not nearly enough for any effective damage on its own, then it doesn't do diddly, aka, any damage worth mentioning for our purposes.

Now times that insignifigant amount that alone is not worth diddly by 50, and it is now worth quite a few diddly's.

I disagree with your disagreement, sir!

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just picked up "The Founding". Is this the first Gaunt's Ghost omnibus? I am unable to consult the black library website from my phone, so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I'd prefer to start at the beginning

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, it is. The Founding, The Saint, then The Lost, IIRC.

Wildcat on
    edited March 2009
    Ty sir

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That is most likely the cover of the IG book. It's the same gentleman who did the cover for the Empire, and the big "introductory" pictures for CSM and SM.

No-Quarter on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Apogee wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Ok, so Astronomi-con Toronto is coming up soon so I need to think about finalizing my list.

What do you Orks think?

I was all excited about this until it turned out its in Oakville, not Toronto as advertised. Bit of a pain in the ass for me to drive out half an hour (and back) every day... not sure if I'll go.

If you ask anyone that's gone before, they will tell you it's more than worth it. Astro is not your typical tournament. It's better!

Sharp101 on
  • kf1kf1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    *Nevermind*

kf1 on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    So anybody remember what the next codex after IG is going to be?

/CPR

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »

/CPR

I think it's Space Wolfs then Necrons and then Tau.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dark Eldar were supposed to be in there somewhere as well, though that team's deadline was 'when they're done.'

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    space wolves
    dark eldar
    ???

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Profit?

Wildcat on
    edited March 2009
    GUYS DE ARE PHASE 2!

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

/CPR

Tau are years down the road. You're probably thinking of Dark Eldar.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited March 2009
    Not even half-way through First and Only and I'm already in love with this series.

Nax on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God I can't wait for Dark Eldar.

TheBog on
  • The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

/CPR

Tau are years down the road. You're probably thinking of Dark Eldar.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking Dark Eldar but for some reason I ended up writing Tau.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    I KNOW WHAT THE NEXT ONES ARE.
    but I can't say.

Dareth Ram on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    but I can't say.

This is the meanest thing to say.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited March 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    but I can't say.

This is the meanest thing to say.

errr... I mean, uh.... Squats!

Dareth Ram on
    edited March 2009
    I really hope plague marines are in the game.

I do love them so.

Sharp101 on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So guys, does anybody know if these War of the Ring Infantry Movement Trays have 25mm slots? Because if they do, I might put Guardsmen into them when I start them.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited March 2009
    Ianator wrote: »
    So guys, does anybody know if these War of the Ring Infantry Movement Trays have 25mm slots? Because if they do, I might put Guardsmen into them when I start them.

I made a bunch of very similar trays for my Deamon army. Then I could use the infantry in both games.

Sharp101 on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The LotR game is of the same scale, yes.

I always wondered how movement trays work. They get you to the combat, but what happens when you are assaulted/assault or just need to maneuver in general? Do you just mark your spot, pick up the tray, and try and place your pieces where they were to the best of your ability?

Foolish Chaos on
    edited March 2009
    The movement tray is used all the time.

Warhammer fantasy units operate almost only as blocks ... actual models only matter when determining who's in combat. When a units assaults it does so as a block with all its ranks intact, it also maneuvers as a block by wheeling. It's a handy abstraction that also works well and decently simulates how these things were supposed to have worked.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • ElfduurElfduur Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    New to this forum, not to 40k. I have around 3000 points of elfdar. But I'm tired of them and want to start an IG army, they look so fun to play. I kind of want one of the battle forces that are out now because of the Leman Russ, do any of you know if they're going to take it out for the new battleforce?

Elfduur on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can't remember off the top of my head but some pages back someone mentioned the new battleforce set was a bit rubbish, or at least not as good as the current one.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've posted before about painting tips, now I need help on making a good 1000 point army. I got the Assault on Black Reach set, which includes 485 points worth of Orks(Warboss, 5 Models of Nobz Mob, 20 models of Boyz Nob, and 3 DeffKoptas). Am I not looking in the right place when I'm trying to find out how many points a model gives? I have the Codex and all that, but bare with me if I'm still a little intimidated.

McAllen on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Elfduur wrote: »
    New to this forum, not to 40k. I have around 3000 points of elfdar. But I'm tired of them and want to start an IG army, they look so fun to play. I kind of want one of the battle forces that are out now because of the Leman Russ, do any of you know if they're going to take it out for the new battleforce?

If you are dead set on Guard, wait 2 months till the new release. I'm sure they'll have an updated release-spearhead/battleforce. Also don't buy retail, it's a waste, go to the warstore.com you can get everything 20% off there.

No-Quarter on
  • McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    McAllen wrote: »
    I've posted before about painting tips, now I need help on making a good 1000 point army. I got the Assault on Black Reach set, which includes 485 points worth of Orks(Warboss, 5 Models of Nobz Mob, 20 models of Boyz Nob, and 3 DeffKoptas). Am I not looking in the right place when I'm trying to find out how many points a model gives? I have the Codex and all that, but bare with me if I'm still a little intimidated.

Okay so I found out now. Back of the book.

EDIT: New research is being done if there is such thing as a 'balanced' 1000 point army. More reading will perhaps answer the following : As long as it doesn't exceed the 1000 point limit, can you have more than one named HQ Unit? Could you almost specialize in an all bike battalion of some sort?

McAllen on
  • ElfduurElfduur Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Elfduur wrote: »

If you are dead set on Guard, wait 2 months till the new release. I'm sure they'll have an updated release-spearhead/battleforce. Also don't buy retail, it's a waste, go to the warstore.com you can get everything 20% off there.

That's what I was wondering about, because I can't remember when but I heard a rumor that they were going to replace the Leman Russ with some sentinels.

Elfduur on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    I can't remember off the top of my head but some pages back someone mentioned the new battleforce set was a bit rubbish, or at least not as good as the current one.
    Being worse than the current IG box is quite a feat, I must say.

I mean, at least the other boxes give you something vaguely resembling a minimum troop choice.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited March 2009
    The new battleforce for both cadians and catachans will have 20 guardsmen, 3 heavy weapons teams, a command squad, and a new sentinel. It's an upgrade I suppose.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

EDIT: New research is being done if there is such thing as a 'balanced' 1000 point army. More reading will perhaps answer the following : As long as it doesn't exceed the 1000 point limit, can you have more than one named HQ Unit? Could you almost specialize in an all bike battalion of some sort?
    It's all laid out in the rulebook. The minimum requirement for an army is 1 HQ and 2 Troops. Everything after that, within the limits of the rules, is to your discretion.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's all laid out in the rulebook. The minimum requirement for an army is 1 HQ and 2 Troops. Everything after that, within the limits of the rules, is to your discretion.

Master of the Forge, 2 tacs and 6 dreads, hoooooooooooy :P

Cynic Jester on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You ain't the first.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You ain't the first.

I was!
    On these boards, anyways

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited March 2009
    Raslin wrote: »
    You ain't the first.
    I was!
    On these boards, anyways
    That reminds me, we should get on VASSAL sometime. Your dreads vs my bikes!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited March 2009
    So I bought a box of goblin wolf riders to gut for the wolves and a few other applicable bits.

I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the box. The guy at the store suggested mangled grots as bases... but the only bases that have the room are the terminator bases and there really is nothing impressive about a squad of terminators mangling grots.

Dareth Ram on
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks to all your excellent army building tips - (and disembarking clarfications), my chaos marines completely stomped a mechanised eldar list last night. Must admit, I got lucky on my flanking and deep strike rolls, everyone I needed arrived at the right place at the right time.

Tweaked list
    HQ
    Terminator Sorceror, Slaanesh, Doombolt, Forceweapon 130
    Greater Daemon 100

Elite
    3 terminators, 1 combimelta 95
    10 Chosen, 1 powersword, 1 lightning claws, 2 meltaguns, champion, rhino 280

Fast
    5 Raptors 100 (no deepstriking this time - used them for counter assault)

Troops
    10 Noise marines, 6 sonic blasters, rhino
    8 CSM, melta, champion w/combiflamer, rhino
    8 CSM, melta, champion w/combiflamer, rhino

Heavy
    Defiler w/2 extra CCWs

So I need your assistance again - next week I'm playing a redshirt and his 2000pt ork horde. I think the fundamentals of the above list are good but I'll need to tailor it a bit further and add 500 points.

My initial thoughts were
    Landraider + 10 possessed
    or
    Dakka Predator + another defiler + max out and upgrade existing units
    or
    Dakka Predator + another defiler + another CSM squad
    or??????

(I think I've got pretty much everything in the codex except for a daemon prince so I'm open to all suggestions)

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich