As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jon Stewart can make so much love to me

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hate I missed this. Midterms have kept my TV turned off for days.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i don't get the hate on Cramer. yes, he's a loudmouth, i get that. yes, he's all about the stock market. i don't see what his evil is, compared to the douchebags on crossfire...
    Maier also described Cramer’s questionable trading ethics. One passage noted a brush with naked short selling:

Jim turns toward his head trader. “Mark, sell ten thousand Bristol Myers.”

“We never bought any Bristol Myers,” Mark replies.

“We own the calls,” Jim corrects Mark impatiently, aggravated by the delay.

“So sell it short?” Mark asks for clarification. Mark knows that according to the SEC rule book, selling stock you don’t already own (even if you do own the call options) must be marked and executed as a short sale.

“You are confusing me with someone who gives a shit. Just sell it! I said hit the fucking bid!” adds Jim, not interested in wasting time over petty semantics. Skirting the “plus tick” rule in this case won’t necessarily make us a lot of extra money, but in Jim’s eyes, the rule is still an unenforceable annoyance. “And don’t ever ask me that again!” (Trading With the Enemy, pages 70-71).

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Linksville wrote: »
    i don't get the hate on Cramer. yes, he's a loudmouth, i get that. yes, he's all about the stock market. i don't see what his evil is, compared to the douchebags on crossfire...

Did you not see the PBS interview?

i did not. so there's context then...of which i am too lazy to watch right now and shall put off till tomorrow in favor of shooting up some virtual zombies.
    ok, so you don't get it because you don't really know anything about the whole situation

Druhim, is it this one?

watch?v=nEgZUpgJnqE

Edit: Actually no, that's completely wrong.

Brolo on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it's pretty easy to hate on jim cramer with knowledge of nothing but mad money, though

I never watch the show but was he the dude who appeared in Iron Man with the cameo?

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Tim-OTim-O Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, Stewart really ripped him a new one. But, unlike a lot of people, Jim Cramer is willing to admit when he's wrong. He handled it a lot better than some other guys would.

Tim-O on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jon Stewart -

Jon [strike]Stewart[/strike] LEIBOWITZ

(actual post from freep)

i found out recently that michael ian black's real surname is schwartz

which i found ridiculously funny

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yup. Also in arrested development.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    it's pretty easy to hate on jim cramer with knowledge of nothing but mad money, though

I never watch the show but was he the dude who appeared in Iron Man with the cameo?

yes

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

i did not. so there's context then...of which i am too lazy to watch right now and shall put off till tomorrow in favor of shooting up some virtual zombies.
    ok, so you don't get it because you don't really know anything about the whole situation
    right, that's what i said.

since it's almost midnight here, my brain is decidedly in non-thinking mode. which is why i'd rather watch the interview tomorrow so i will know the context.

jeez Dru :?

edit: thanks Zephyr. yeah, that's dickish as hell. i'll watch the PBS thing tomorrow when i can cope with more complex ideas and such.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zephyr, can you teach me how to actually read Freep

like, I kinda grasp it but the website still looks like its from 1994

i dunno what's to explain everythings categorized and replies are numbered

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sweet the whole thing will be available tomorrow

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    well not really

the replies are just like every forum just with tinier barriers seperating them, they're numbered

there's no collapsing/expanding comment trees

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

since it's almost midnight here, my brain is decidedly in non-thinking mode. which is why i'd rather watch the interview tomorrow so i will know the context.

edit: thanks Zephyr. yeah, that's dickish as hell. i'll watch the PBS thing tomorrow when i can cope with more complex ideas and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfC0mE9eVb4

Linksville on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This doesn't seem to be on hulu yet

but oh look there, youtube embeds.

sarukun on
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This interview was amazing... I followed the entire run up to it...

Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting news day, either CNBC pulls a masterful cover, or they lose some serious points in the non-day trader layman's eyes.

Jon Stewart perfectly articulated, with Jim Cramer literally fawning all over him with appologies, what is wrong with CNBC:

it provides news to day trader's, and over the top crazy market hype which knowingly sways markets and creates bubbles. Meanwhile they continue advising the normal person to keep their money in the market, in effect helping to finance the dangerous risks with what they call "safe long term investments".

And yes, the full unedited version of the interview will be available on "The Daily Show"'s website tomorrow.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    looking forward so hard to the full version of the interview

when is it going up? did they specify a time or just the whole day spuriously.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To be fair to Jim Cramer, he actually seems to agree with Jon and wants to improve, he actually mentioned improving his show and CNBC to atone for the major blunders they have made.

EDIT: I seriously doubt CNBC as a company will be so gracious

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They have clips of it all http://www.thedailyshow.com/

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    man i missed this :( anyone have a link to the interview tonight yet?

Grath on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009

look, I'm just responding to your comment that you didn't "get the hate" which implies you know something about the situation and you don't get why people are reacting a certain way

if you're pretty much clueless, then saying you don't get people's reaction is a really odd way to phrase it because you don't really have a foundation from which to expect any other reaction instead

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    walnutmon wrote: »
    To be fair to Jim Cramer, he actually seems to agree with Jon and wants to improve, he actually mentioned improving his show and CNBC to atone for the major blunders they have made.

EDIT: I seriously doubt CNBC as a company will be so gracious
    true, but it's awfully easy to act penitent when you're finally caught with your hand in the cookie jar

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    man i missed this :( anyone have a link to the interview tonight yet?

ShimSham wrote: »
    They have clips of it all http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Langly on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    the full interview is up on the Daily Show website now

upper right hand corner on the home page

http://blog.indecisionforever.com/2009/03/13/jon-stewart-and-jim-cramer-the-extended-daily-show-interview/

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What time does the Daily Show air? Why did they bleep out 'fucking'. Can he not say that what the hell that was weird.

Also, I just love it when you have the videos to back you up.

'Roll two twelve'

Badass.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wow apparently this Jon Stewart-Jim Cramer thing has been going back and forth for a few days now, shrug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1RoskjecM

I like how the whole thing is the MSNBC show just talking shortly about the context of the other shows, then showing them for 5 minutes, :lol:.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    they always censor it...

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Cramer on The Daily Show - COMING SOON
    Jim Cramer visited Jon on The Daily Show Thursday -- and yes, hold tight, the COMPLETE interview will be up here in a bit.

its not actually up for me apparently

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm watching it like RIGHT NOW

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah but you're on aussie time

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    Cramer on The Daily Show - COMING SOON
    Jim Cramer visited Jon on The Daily Show Thursday -- and yes, hold tight, the COMPLETE interview will be up here in a bit.

its not actually up for me apparently

Oh ok, i'm watching it on the site now, that's weird

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    you know for a dude that's getting his asshole ripped on behalf of CNBC, Jim Cramer actually conducted himself very, very well

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was a very entertaining and also informative interview. Cramer was pretty classy, Stewart was also classy.

GoldenSeducer on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Argus wrote: »
    wow apparently this Jon Stewart-Jim Cramer thing has been going back and forth for a few days now, shrug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1RoskjecM

I like how the whole thing is the MSNBC show just talking shortly about the context of the other shows, then showing them for 5 minutes, :lol:.

I like how, in predictable tv personality behavior, he doesn't straight up say "Yes, I was wrong", but instead has a little rant about how everyone else is also screwing up, and he regrets the market turning to shit.

That attitude is exactly why Stewart is making fun of you, asshole.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My goodness he is rolling over and presenting his vulnerable belly to Stewart to show his submissiveness.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    6 minutes into the second interview and you can really see him squirm.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just watched the first third of the interview, Jon's been pretty easy on him so far but he looks reeeeally nervous anyway. He's fumbling his words and stuttering like he's never been on TV before.

Butler on