As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pro Wrestling]ZZ TOP HOSTS RAW NEXT WEEK! Night of Champions July 26th!

• Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I do remember the match being pretty brutal.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Not just brutal. But retarded brutal. He could've killed him. Or at least paralyzed him.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Legacy wrote: »
    Not just brutal. But retarded brutal. He could've killed him. Or at least paralyzed him.

Yea, that's what I mean. Though the match wasn't THAT great either, mainly cause those two had already raised the bar pretty high when it came to do doing stunts like that.

I'm always split on those type of matches and moments. A part of me loves them(The moonsault and diving headbutt of the cage are two of my favorites), but at the same time, doing those type of moves seriously had to fuck up their heads.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the whole cruiser weight thing can be solved if they brought back Gillberg. :p

I would like to see them put more of the midcards in ECW and keep the big names in smackdown/raw. ECW seems to have like the same 8 wrestlers and No one else. Specially now that they can't feed jobber after jobber to the boogie man. By making one of their shows their developmental show they can let the midcarders get their own story lines and such while not making it to where a skinny 180 pound guy can go toe to toe in a fist fight with taker, kane, or big show. And damn it. They need to bring the Hardcore belt out of retirement.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the whole cruiser weight thing can be solved if they brought back Gillberg. :p

I would like to see them put more of the midcards in ECW and keep the big names in smackdown/raw. ECW seems to have like the same 8 wrestlers and No one else. Specially now that they can't feed jobber after jobber to the boogie man. By making one of their shows their developmental show they can let the midcarders get their own story lines and such while not making it to where a skinny 180 pound guy can go toe to toe in a fist fight with taker, kane, or big show. And damn it. They need to bring the Hardcore belt out of retirement.

Wouldn't that be the ECW Championship? I mean, ECW does stand for Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Not like the WWE would know it anymore though, I guess. When was the last time there was an 'extreme rules' match? I think RAW has had more 'no holds barred' matches THIS year than ECW has in the last year...

Legacy on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Wouldn't that be the ECW Championship? I mean, ECW does stand for Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Not like the WWE would know it anymore though, I guess. When was the last time there was an 'extreme rules' match? I think RAW has had more 'no holds barred' matches THIS year than ECW has in the last year...

Thats pretty much my issue with the ECW brand now as a whole. If you were going to let people brutalize each other and maybe be a bit more PG-13 ECW would be the venue for it. I mean hell its on scIFi. Blood isn't new to the channel.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Thats pretty much my issue with the ECW brand now as a whole. If you were going to let people brutalize each other and maybe be a bit more PG-13 ECW would be the venue for it. I mean hell its on scIFi. Blood isn't new to the channel.

Also, bad acting.

I know there's the "Extreme Rules" PPV coming up in a few months, so that's where they'll go 'all out'(or however much out they can anymore at least) with the 'extreme', maybe ECW might have one or two beforehand as a 'preview'.

Also, I don't think there should be any reason why ECW Championship matches aren't always held under 'extreme rules' conditions.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That goes with out saying

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Its because its not ECW anymore, its effectively PGCW now. I enjoyed it when they used to have atleast one Extreme rules match a night, and gave it more of a glamerous old ECW feel with the entrance and such. It was so different then Raw and SmackDown so it made it worth watching. Well, except for the fact that I think it was Rick Flair vs. RVD (I know it was a flair match) was very soon on one of the "greatest ECW matches" dvds put out by WWE. That made me really sad.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Was that when she almost started to cry? When Matt was first fired and they were ignoring it completely?

Yeah. It was amazing to watch, and I always wanted to rewatch it. You could tell both her and Trish were really thrown off by it.

That was right when I was back into wrestling. It was amazing. They had such a great chance there...and they blew it, of course.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Was that when she almost started to cry? When Matt was first fired and they were ignoring it completely?

Yeah. It was amazing to watch, and I always wanted to rewatch it. You could tell both her and Trish were really thrown off by it.

That was right when I was back into wrestling. It was amazing. They had such a great chance there...and they blew it, of course.

Well, it did get Matt his job back.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And they built up his feud with Edge...only to have Edge beat him. And then it just sorta ended and Edge stayed in the championship fight, and Matt went back to doing nothing special. At least from what I remember.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They had a whole bunch of matches, and I thik Matt maybe won like one of them. Most of the feud was Matt getting his ass handed to him. They weren't booked as anywhere close to equals, it sucked.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They had a whole bunch of matches, and I thik Matt maybe won like one of them. Most of the feud was Matt getting his ass handed to him. They weren't booked as anywhere close to equals, it sucked.

They do that all the time, witness Punks non reign as champ, or fucking Jeff Hardy who never really defended the belt honestly ever.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    chamberlain on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I haven't watched wrestling in forever (since around the Invasion), but I took a gander at the thread. After reading through it, I have to say that the Black Machismo web bio may just be one of the best things I have ever seen.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

:lol: that's awesome

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure he intended to say "Decks...CM Punk right back into that turnbuckle"

Still, really funny out of context.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm watching smackdown right now. They showed a video of triple h breaking into ortons 'home'

Man, Trips has a huge ass nose. I mean, I know it was big, but god damn. That last shot of him in the cop car was so unflattering.

Guess you have to have a nose that big to brown nose Vince's ego enough to marry into the family.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Matt cut a great promo in tonight's Smackdown. Probably the best of his career.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I think Jeff did a better one after the fact.

Seeing as Matt has a slur and Jeff doesn't. If Creative does a better job, Jeff could actually be the new HBK.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think Jeff did a better one after the fact.

Seeing as Matt has a slur and Jeff doesn't. If Creative does a better job, Jeff could actually be the new HBK.

People have been saying that for years. I honestly have never seen it.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's cause they're both risk takers and high flyers (Shawn for his time.)

The HUGE difference is that Michaels can actually wrestle, where as Jeff is a all spots, all the time. Can anyone seriously name 5 great matches involving Jeff that don't include ladders/tables/chairs?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jeff vs. Triple H tend to be pretty decent matches, and his Umaga matches weren't bad.

Personally, my problem with Jeff is he is one of those wrestlers that has a decent amount of notable moves, but the people who control the matches make him do almost all of them every match. So we always get that one where someone grabs his foot, and he flips around into a donkey kick or something, I dunno what its called, we get whisper in the wind, we get the double kick to the person in the corner, usually a twist of fate followed by a swanton bomb, and I think one or two others.
    It becomes more annoying when it happens each and every week over and over... against the same person like his fued with Umaga. So he can have good matches, I just don't like watching them too close to one another.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to be able to actually watch SmackDown. Unfortunately, Comcast in Massachusetts has never heard of MyNetworkTV.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Youtube it 10 minutes after the show is over, you should be able to get all of it.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there any way to watch Raw, Smackdown and ECW online? Preferably streaming legally... Hulu has some ECW, but it's all outdated. I'd like to get into watching wrestling again for fun, but I don't have tv where I'm at.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Is there any way to watch Raw, Smackdown and ECW online? Preferably streaming legally... Hulu has some ECW, but it's all outdated. I'd like to get into watching wrestling again for fun, but I don't have tv where I'm at.

They used to put ECW on WWE.com the day after it was on...

And they still do:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ecwreplay/

Legacy on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Feriluce wrote: »

They used to put ECW on WWE.com the day after it was on...

And they still do:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ecwreplay/

Ah, cool. I didn't even think to check the WWE site.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This just in... Andrew "Test" Martin dead at 33.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_30675.shtml
    By James Caldwell, PWTorch.com assistant editor

Former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin was found dead in his Tampa, Fla.
    apartment on Friday night, according to a report by PWInsider.com.
    Martin was 33 years old and nearing his birthday on March 17.

After being released by WWE in 2006 when he was on the ECW brand,
    Martin re-surfaced in TNA where he had a brief run until being
    released from the company.

Martin semi-retired from pro wrestling, then he was arrested on a
    drunk driving charge in Florida one year ago.

Martin was formerly in a relationship with WWE diva Kelly Kelly, who
    said in a February interview on the Bubba Love Sponge radio show that
    they remained close friends after their relationship ended.

Asked if Martin being released from WWE while Kelly was still with WWE
    had an effect on their relationship, Kelly said that was a strong
    factor.

"He's never been one at home waiting around," Kelly said. "He's on the
    other side of the coin now. I think that had a lot to do with it." She
    said Martin was planning to attend school to become a personal
    trainer.

No further details on the cause of death are known right now.
    That sucks. Test did some good stuff. I liked the Test/Steph/HHH love triangle, and without Test, there would have been no T&A, and therefore no Trish Stratus.

And Jake Roberts lives on...

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This just in... Andrew "Test" Martin dead at 33.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_30675.shtml
    By James Caldwell, PWTorch.com assistant editor

Former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin was found dead in his Tampa, Fla.
    apartment on Friday night, according to a report by PWInsider.com.
    Martin was 33 years old and nearing his birthday on March 17.

After being released by WWE in 2006 when he was on the ECW brand,
    Martin re-surfaced in TNA where he had a brief run until being
    released from the company.

Martin semi-retired from pro wrestling, then he was arrested on a
    drunk driving charge in Florida one year ago.

Martin was formerly in a relationship with WWE diva Kelly Kelly, who
    said in a February interview on the Bubba Love Sponge radio show that
    they remained close friends after their relationship ended.

Asked if Martin being released from WWE while Kelly was still with WWE
    had an effect on their relationship, Kelly said that was a strong
    factor.

"He's never been one at home waiting around," Kelly said. "He's on the
    other side of the coin now. I think that had a lot to do with it." She
    said Martin was planning to attend school to become a personal
    trainer.

No further details on the cause of death are known right now.
    That sucks. Test did some good stuff. I liked the Test/Steph/HHH love triangle, and without Test, there would have been no T&A, and therefore no Trish Stratus.

And Jake Roberts lives on...

Didn't he date Stacy Keibler? I would consider that the highlight. Also, I always liked his pump-handle powerslam. (That doesn't sound gay.)

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I disliked that fact that seeing Test often meant seeing Albert as well.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    True but there was more hair than there was Albert.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Didn't he date Stacy Keibler? I would consider that the highlight. Also, I always liked his pump-handle powerslam. (That doesn't sound gay.)

I believe he did date Stacy, and according to this article, he was also banging Kelly Kelly. I mean, those two things alone are more than enough reason to live.

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I used to be a big Test Fan, especially when, for a fleeting moment, one thought he just may topple Triple H and shoot into superstardom.

Wow, how Naive was I.

Test.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Personally, my problem with Jeff is he is one of those wrestlers that has a decent amount of notable moves, but the people who control the matches make him do almost all of them every match.

The people who control what moves the wrestlers do in the match would be the wrestlers in the match. That one's on Jeff himself.

Sucks about Test. I remember really liking the Test/Shane O'Mac match. And then he went nowhere after that.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Whoa, that's crazy news. Do they say what he died off? Although I'm sure we are all thinking the same thing.

He really could have been a star, but they never did anything with him after the HHH/Steph angle. He had a ready made feud there, but HHH fought him once and beat him pretty definately.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    No, too early to know what the cause of death is. Given that he was so young, I'd have to wager either an OD, or physical problems brought about by steroid/drug use. Another wrestler dying so young makes you wonder what sort of shit these guys go through. It's weird to see a wrestling match from '96 or something and realize that not one single guy involved is alive anymore. I think I was watching an old Royal Rumble or something and there were at least 6 or 7 participants that aren't around.

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Man, that's fucking mindblowing...I guess after the Benoit debacle, it really was only a matter of time before someone else died. I'm surprised it took this long. I felt like what happened with Benoit served to wake everyone up a little bit. I guess it was inevitable that someone else would die, though.

Triple B on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damn...It's sad to see such a young death. And from that article it seemed like he had a plan for the future beyond wrestling.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
This discussion has been closed.