As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Covering a shattered window

KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Some time last night two of my windows were shot at and one of them is completely gone now. What specifically should I use to cover it so that I can still see somewhat out of it while a new part is being ordered?

KyleWPeterson on

• Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Car or house?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    clear plastic bag streched tightly + tape?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    My car.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    clear thick plastic sheeting... you can get it at a hardware store

if the windows are fairly simple (i.e flat side windows), then consider getting a thin piece of lexan... it'll be a lot more see-thru, and protect your interior a bit more

illig on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, I'll head out and get some. Thanks!

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    spacerobotspacerobot Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A few years ago someone broke into my car, smashing my window and stealing my cd player. My insurance covered nothing, and I couldn't afford to replace the window (1979 t-bird windows are hard to come by). I got some thick and clear plastic and cut it in the shape of the window, and left a long slab of plastic on the bottom to hold it in place. I also used duct tape to make sure it doesn't slide out of it's spot. The window was broken in March 2007, and the plastic replacement is still there today. I haven't driven the car since last june (anyone in the market for a 1979 t-bird? cheap!), but I'm sure the plastic window would still hold up if I took the car out now.

spacerobot on
    test.jpg