As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter IV! I want to be the very best, like noone ever was!

• SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Svevin wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »
    dav3yb wrote: »
    links are the dumbest fucking to ever be introduced into this game...

nope they lead to sweet combos and mixups

Nah, I agree. They are there only to make things harder. If you play Tatsunoko vs Capcom, you can do similar looking combos to link combos by just pressing the button within a certain amount of time. I mean, really, if you press a button, you expect something to happen. If you make all the combos easier to do, the game is less about execution and more about strategy, but is having the outcome be a result of who has the better strategy really such a bad thing?

We already had a pretty deep discussion (argument?) about this a while back, I don't think we need to go through it again.

I guess I wasn't here for that discussion. Anyway, just giving my 2 cents.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's almost time for a new thread! Get all of the whining and bitching out of your system now so we can start all fresh and clean for the next go around.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i just got done with blanka's last hard trial... stupid fucking link.

i guess its not so much the links themselves, but a window of A SINGLE FUCKING FRAME? how the fuck is that "casual friendly" capcom? they can go climb a wall of dicks for that

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

i guess its not so much the links themselves, but a window of A SINGLE FUCKING FRAME? how the fuck is that "casual friendly" capcom? they can go climb a wall of dicks for that

I'm guessing the casual people they refer to don't know what links are.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

For this trial I just repeated it 100 times and hoped one of them connected. It's retarded.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm counting down the days until I get my fightpad.

Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I can use it on N+ and Mega Man 9 too!

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
    edited March 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

For this trial I just repeated it 100 times and hoped one of them connected. It's retarded.

thank you...

i turned on my turbo for the medium kick... even with it on it only links like 10% of the time... you can't tell me that isnt fucking stupid.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seems to me matchmaking is getting worse, I usually get 5 or 6 connects, but only got 3 out of 20 minutes of trying.

SkutSkut on
    edited March 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Seems to me matchmaking is getting worse, I usually get 5 or 6 connects, but only got 3 out of 20 minutes of trying.

When are we going to fight to settle our feud?

AuburnTiger on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Those combos aren't for practicality or casualness. Challenge Mode Hard Trials are in there simply to be hard challenges for those who want challenges.

SabreMau on
    edited March 2009

thank you...

i turned on my turbo for the medium kick... even with it on it only links like 10% of the time... you can't tell me that isnt fucking stupid.

See the trick is hitting the button you have on turbo at the right time so one of the inputs lands at the right frame! Even the turbo isn't fast enough to input once a frame. 1 frame links existed in SF2 but then we were working with 16 frames a second or something, now we have 60fps. Not only do you have to be super fast but you have to have the right buttons on your stick to land them reliably.

Anyway, would it have destroyed the game to just let you buffer 1 move during your current move? Like I hit HP and while it's swinging I tap LP and on the frame HP finishes the LP starts. That would keep the combos and strategy while making it more casual/shitty controller friendly.

TheStig on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure no human can reliably and consistently hit a single exact frame out of 60 per second.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    edited March 2009
    IMG_0074.JPG

i took a pic of my setup... i figured i should use my new digital camera and all.

dav3yb on
    edited March 2009
    That's a lot of wires!

AuburnTiger on
  • SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's a lot of wires!

My wife would kill me if i had that setup. haha.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    IMG_0074.JPG

i took a pic of my setup... i figured i should use my new digital camera and all.

2 TE sticks? Screw you :(

You should make a nice looking cabinet like that one guy.

TheStig on
    edited March 2009
    ya it is... its a lot less than it looks like though... i didnt bother trying to do any sort of cable management, mostly because the couple of times i did it in the past, i ended up having to UNDO it because i needed to take a cable somewhere else or something... that got annoying.
    IMG_0074.JPG

2 TE sticks? Screw you :(

gotta have one for both consoles... ^_^

dav3yb on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Urgh Blanka.

Goddamn Blanka.

Blanka Blanka Blanka.
    HAAAAAAAAATE :x

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

When are we going to fight to settle our feud?

I dunno, sometime this weekend. If you see me on toss me an invite.

SkutSkut on
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Urgh Blanka.

Goddamn Blanka.

Blanka Blanka Blanka.

aroo?
    <3
    Chibi_blanka.jpg
    Blanka_Colored.jpg

Hitsuraptor on
    edited March 2009
    Urgh Blanka.

Goddamn Blanka.

Blanka Blanka Blanka.

aroo?
    <3
    Chibi_blanka.jpg

Not the head bite!
    Seriously though how do I not get ball-raped with Sakura.

Other than spamming fireballs which is ineffective and booooring.

Antihippy on
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did you watch the fights between me and SabreMau?
    Fight 1 & Fight 2
    That'll give you an idea, and Sabre is the best Sakura I've faced so far so the closer you get to his style the more you'll beat Blankas

Basic stuff though
    Low Jab spam beats Blanka ball, but watch for the vertical roll
    If you're within half a screen watch for cross-ups from the vert roll (Cross-ups is when the character goes over your guy and hits you in the back of the head, to block you need to change direction)
    Careful when trying to punish missed vert rolls as the recovery is very fast (See the number of times I hit Sabre with electricity)
    If you're within Slide Punch range (The way I start the first fight) be careful with using fireballs
    Sakura's air kick (Not sure if its Medium Kick or something else) has priority over Vert ball, but not over Ex-Vert Ball and only has priority at a specific point, cause most times I'd get hit with it, but sometimes I'd still manage to hit Sakura (I think the ones where I vert later connect)
    Keep an eye on the Super bar as well, if you're trying to fireball spam you will get ex-blanka ball'd
    And that Ex-hop move sakura has is great for closing distance, (The one where she hops across and if it connects it throws em up into the air and she gets another 3-4hits)

I'm sure Sabre will have some better tips though

Hitsuraptor on
  • irnirn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Urgh Blanka.

Goddamn Blanka.

Blanka Blanka Blanka.

lol sorry bro... good match

irn on
    cashwore1.jpg
    edited March 2009
    you kept fucking up the ultra Hitsuraptor if you had hit it right you might've come out ahead.

dav3yb on
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, you can delay the second part. If it all hits, it's such insane damage...

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did you watch the fights between me and SabreMau?
    Great matches guys! Really exciting stuff :)

MarvellousM on
    edited March 2009
    sabyul wrote: »
    Yes, you can delay the second part. If it all hits, it's such insane damage...

full ultra does over 60% i think... its nuts... (it does 600 damage)

dav3yb on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SabreMau chooses the same costume/color as my Sakura.

There can be only one.

The Sneak! on
  • LapineLapine Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I was feeling masochistic and went back to C.Viper's trials and actually beat hard trial #2. C.Viper Hard trial #3 . . . has anyone here beat that? Jeez. I think it might not be possible with my current pad, but I was thinking of ordering another USB Saturn pad, anyway.

Lapine on
    PSN: Lapine
    edited March 2009
    Lapine wrote: »
    So I was feeling masochistic and went back to C.Viper's trials and actually beat hard trial #2. C.Viper Hard trial #3 . . . has anyone here beat that? Jeez. I think it might not be possible with my current pad, but I was thinking of ordering another USB Saturn pad, anyway.

Is this a PS3 only thing, or is it available for the 360 too?

AuburnTiger on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yay woo I entered the point range where it just matches me up against people lower than myself over and over again and so the one time I lose every four games puts me right back where I started over and over again woo yeah sweet awesome woo.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited March 2009
    irn wrote: »
    Urgh Blanka.

Goddamn Blanka.

Blanka Blanka Blanka.

lol sorry bro... good match

Were you the one playing?

Don't worry about it, I just need to improve my own game. I'll get through though.

Would love a rematch if you're interested. :D

Thanks for the advise too Hisruptor. I've seen some of Sabre's videos in the tournament thread and he is insane.

Antihippy on
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just discovered Cammy<3

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    edited March 2009
    Is anyone else unable to connect to the PSN?

TheStig on
  • LapineLapine Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

USB pads? The PS3 seems to use any USB pad (or controller with USB adapter) that you hook up with it except for a 360 pad. But I did read recently that there would be a converter to let you use PS3 controllers on the 360, by the same people that made a 360->PS3 adapter, I don't know if that'd let you use any USB controller or not.

Lapine on
    PSN: Lapine
    edited March 2009

USB pads? The PS3 seems to use any USB pad (or controller with USB adapter) that you hook up with it except for a 360 pad. But I did read recently that there would be a converter to let you use PS3 controllers on the 360, by the same people that made a 360->PS3 adapter, I don't know if that'd let you use any USB controller or not.

I'm just trying to find some options in case my Madcatz fighpad dies on me; hopefully it won't.

AuburnTiger on
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fact: Blanka is a bastard.
    You can link his ultra off of a really close c.MK
    You can buffer his ultra off of his KKK dash.

Any good Blankas wanna play? I need practice against him.

solsovly on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    solsovly wrote: »
    Fact: Blanka is a bastard.
    You can link his ultra off of a really close c.MK
    You can buffer his ultra off of his KKK dash.

Any good Blankas wanna play? I need practice against him.

I have a crappy blanka you can play ^_^ gt Blankosaurus

aBlank on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Wait wait wait wait.

You mean I can use my USB SNES to PC adapter in order to use my arcade stick on the PS3?

Really? That would be AWESOME when I get my Ps3.

RockinX on
    edited March 2009
    Look at me; I'm all Bison'd out.

AuburnTiger on