As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter IV! I want to be the very best, like noone ever was!

1585960616264»

• CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    solsovly wrote: »
    Fact: Blanka is a bastard.
    You can link his ultra off of a really close c.MK
    You can buffer his ultra off of his KKK dash.

Any good Blankas wanna play? I need practice against him.

you cant cancel or buffer ultras at all in this game.
    You can input all but the last button of Akuma's Ultra/Super while doing his teleport. Not sure if that counts as a full buffer or not.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Eh? I know you can't cancel ultras off of normals/specials, but I guarantee that you can buffer the ultra motion during moves and then hit PPP/KKK as soon as you recover. Otherwise how would you combo things like Boxer's headbutt ~ Ultra or Ken's air EX Tatsu ~ Ultra? I guess it depends on what you consider "buffering" though.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There wouldn't happen to be a list/site somewhere that details how much damage each character's ultra does, would there?

frame data usually has it listed. IIRC, it only lists it's 50% damage though. Could always just load up training though, set to infinite ultra and turn on attack data, and see for yourself.

On that note, vega's ultra seriously needs to deal more damage :(

aBlank on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    aBlank wrote: »
    There wouldn't happen to be a list/site somewhere that details how much damage each character's ultra does, would there?

frame data usually has it listed. IIRC, it only lists it's 50% damage though. Could always just load up training though, set to infinite ultra and turn on attack data, and see for yourself.

On that note, Sakura's ultra seriously needs to deal more damage :(

25%, at 100% >.>

SkutSkut on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How I could I see this in Training, other than eyeballing the health meter and guessing how far it goes down?

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can turn on a data feedback option in training mode, that'll tell you how much damage your last move/combo did.

CowShark on
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jynxycat wrote: »
    Ergandar wrote: »
    I was cruelly deceived by a gamestop employee today--he claimed he had the last 360 SFIV fight pad in the store for sale. I purchased it, elated, only to realize it was a PS3 fight pad as I walked out of the store.

Never have I felt the weight of my hopes and dreams being crushed more than in that moment.

Should of looked at the controller -_-

The 360 one has the guide button right in the middle and the buttons have letters on them :P

Well, I returned it a minute later and lost zero cash in the process.

Only the despair remains.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    jynxycat wrote: »
    I was cruelly deceived by a gamestop employee today--he claimed he had the last 360 SFIV fight pad in the store for sale. I purchased it, elated, only to realize it was a PS3 fight pad as I walked out of the store.

Never have I felt the weight of my hopes and dreams being crushed more than in that moment.

Should of looked at the controller -_-

The 360 one has the guide button right in the middle and the buttons have letters on them :P

Well, I returned it a minute later and lost zero cash in the process.

Only the despair remains.

My Fightpad is currently in Miami, FL, or so the shipping data tells me. So close . . .

AuburnTiger on
    edited March 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    aBlank wrote: »

On that note, Sakura's ultra seriously needs to deal more damage :(

25%, at 100% >.>

At least you can combo into yours -_- I have to get beat the fuck up enough so I lose my mask (or "waste" 2 EX bars to toss it....) just to get a damage boost out of mine so it doesn't hit like a girl :(

aBlank on
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Boceifus, good games earlier. I was trying to give you a couple tips but I'm not sure if you could hear me.

1) You should be able to catch more people with your Change of Direction if you mix up the high and low hits. It seemed like you were always attacking high with it.
    2) Try staying on the ground more and work your way inside with rolls and Change of Direction. You were jumping in a lot to the point where it got a little predictable. It seemed like I was able to stuff a lot of your jump-ins with my own air attacks simply because I thought they were coming.
    3) It didn't seem like you were using the wheel kick very often. You can sometimes catch people jumping in on you and it's a nice overhead attack, and relatively safe (as far as I know).

Were you saying something at the beginning about changing controllers?

House of Paincakes on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dravalen wrote: »
    I won a 5 round against a Ken earlier by just headstop with the occasional devil's reverse mixup.

In other news I finally cracked 1600bp and think I'm starting to get my Bison pressure game down. The amount of variety that the Dictator has in his movelist is excellent :D.

Problem with Dictator is that it's really mostly deception. His crusher is fairly useless, his scissors does most of the work, and mostly only LP is safe to throw out unless it's in a sure fire combo or a sure hit. His air game is gold but if people are practiced enough, they can get around it, then you've got trouble. Also, avoid Cammy and Gouken at all costs, if the player is any skilled. Oh, Zangbeef too, but that's pretty much the same for everyone.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • jynxycatjynxycat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ph blake wrote: »

Eh? I know you can't cancel ultras off of normals/specials, but I guarantee that you can buffer the ultra motion during moves and then hit PPP/KKK as soon as you recover. Otherwise how would you combo things like Boxer's headbutt ~ Ultra or Ken's air EX Tatsu ~ Ultra? I guess it depends on what you consider "buffering" though.

Viper can link her Ultra off a few normal hits, off the top of my head you can do crouching forward into Ultra. It's a pain in the ass, and not really practical, but if you need to win, it's there.

d, df, c.mk, f, uf, d, df, f, ppp.

And you can buffer Ultras, just not inside combos on the ground. Buffering is just doing one move while you're still doing another basically. Talk to a Zangief player about buffering Ultras :P

jynxycat on
  • DravalenDravalen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zang doesn't give me much trouble Devil's Reverse is the anti-lariat. Then again I haven't hit high tier play yet.

Dravalen on
    edited March 2009
    Dravalen wrote: »
    Zang doesn't give me much trouble Devil's Reverse is the anti-lariat. Then again I haven't hit high tier play yet.

Depends on when he does the Lariat, and if he blocks it he's in good range for an SPD, so be cautious on using it with him. You have to play heavy keep away from him to really come out on top, and even then it's tricky since Bison has no projectile so he often has to put himself in harms way, even with scissors.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited March 2009
    aBlank on
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    why does that sound like michael jackson?

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MvC2 flashbacks. Oh god make the earblood stop.

4rch3nemy on
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hopping online now, people should invite me into games.

GT: LibThorne40k

LibrarianThorne on
    edited March 2009
    I wanna take you for a rideeeeeee

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited March 2009
    edited March 2009
    Man, learning that I suck at this game has put me in a really foul mood. I just can't compete at any real level of play.

LibrarianThorne on
    edited March 2009
    Man, learning that I suck at this game has put me in a really foul mood. I just can't compete at any real level of play.

You're no Klingon!

AuburnTiger on
    edited March 2009

You're no Klingon!

There is never a good day to lose.

LibrarianThorne on
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    time to take back the reigns.

New thread for Street Fighting fools.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Knob wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Hm. I might have asked before, but I can't remember. What's a good way to deal with a spinny around move spamming Russian dude as Balrog?

EX dash upper will beat it clean every time... Otherwise just jump back and then dash punch as he's winding down.

Lingxor on