As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Laptop power cord... plug?

Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So my laptop's power cord comes in two parts that detach from another. One is the "power brick" that plugs into my laptop, the other is a "power cord' that plugs into the wall.

My "power brick" works but the "power cord" is fucked.

What do you call this cord (it's got a regular 3-prong plug on one end and a triangular 3-tubes thing on the other end)?

And where can I get a replacement? It seems like a standard part, as opposed to a the "power brick" which is model-specific.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Monolithic_Dome on

• losabiolosabio Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So my laptop's power cord comes in two parts that detach from another. One is the "power brick" that plugs into my laptop, the other is a "power cord' that plugs into the wall.

My "power brick" works but the "power cord" is fucked.

What do you call this cord (it's got a regular 3-prong plug on one end and a triangular 3-tubes thing on the other end)?

And where can I get a replacement? It seems like a standard part, as opposed to a the "power brick" which is model-specific.

Is it an IEC C5 cable?

losabio on
  • brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Usually they come together and they are jointly referred to as the power supply.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shamrock power cord

or

Three prong conducter Power Cord, three orb end, 3-Ear Plug, Cloverleaf, Tri-Plug, Orb, Cox-40

lots of names for the same thing, a quick google will find you a supplier

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sweet. Got one for under 5 bucks shipped. Thank you PA and Monoprice

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]