As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jenny McCarthy is still a moron

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    and part of questioning stuff is not blindly accepting everything the medical community throws at you for the simple reason that they're the medical community

like, I am in favor of vaccines, but that's because I have read books and heard both sides of the story ad nauseam and blahblahblah

a lot of the time around these forums I basically get the idea that everyone holds these opinions only because everyone else does, and just because they are generally enlightened and educated opinions doesn't entirely excuse that
    shank you're being a stupid shit here

If they're enlightened and educated then aren't they innately well thought out and not blindly accepted

or

???
    look, shank is a bigger fan of vaccines than you are you poser! he has all the manga and even has the super rare dolls that were never officially imported to the U.S. so you're just a stupid fag who's riding the fad.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Shank's terrible downward spiral started right around when he posted pictures of himself wearing a keffiyah

Clint Eastwood on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    ergo keffiyahs make you dumb

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is a keffiyah one of those hippy scarfs?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    and part of questioning stuff is not blindly accepting everything the medical community throws at you for the simple reason that they're the medical community

like, I am in favor of vaccines, but that's because I have read books and heard both sides of the story ad nauseam and blahblahblah

a lot of the time around these forums I basically get the idea that everyone holds these opinions only because everyone else does, and just because they are generally enlightened and educated opinions doesn't entirely excuse that

If they're enlightened and educated then aren't they innately well thought out and not blindly accepted

or

???

The opinions are enlightened and educated

people who blindly subscribe to said opinions are not themselves enlightened and educated, is what he's saying

Grey Ghost on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is a keffiyah one of those hippy scarfs?
    basically

Clint Eastwood on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i swear

there's like, gotta be a name for it

Arrogant College Freshman Syndrome

ACFS

manifests in young college freshmen where they suddenly think they are smarter and more enlightened than everyone around them because their professor is introducing them to new ideas

it's mindblowing

Pony on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If I ran a hospital I would be all "Look if you want to have your baby here you are signing right here to accept these proven safe vaccinations for the child or you can go home and have your hubby play mid-wife with some towels and a pan of hot water.

Weaver on
    edited April 2009
    Luckily I've had nothing but stupid professors this year so I haven't acquired that syndrome

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    i swear

ACFS

manifests in young college freshmen where they suddenly think they are smarter and more enlightened than everyone around them because their professor is introducing them to new ideas

it's mindblowing
    It's called being a hipster, pony.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

or

???

well it's more that I agree with the opinion, I guess

I'm not trying to be all "it's the fucking illuminati" here but I believe in the concept of healthy distrust

not of "the government" or anything retarded like that, and I'm not saying you need to exhaustively research every topic you want to have an opinion on

also I don't even own a keffiyeh so I don't know when that was

also cloudman is a dumb stoner

Charles Kinbote on
    edited April 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

or

???

The opinions are enlightened and educated

people who blindly subscribe to said opinions are not themselves enlightened and educated, is what he's saying

see thank you

this is what I meant

you're a good dude

Charles Kinbote on
    edited April 2009

or

???

I'm not trying to be all "it's the fucking illuminati" here but I believe in the concept of healthy distrust

not of "the government" or anything retarded like that, and I'm not saying you need to exhaustively research every topic you want to have an opinion on

I'd like you to know that I agree with this sentiment I was just prodding you with semantics to get you clarify it in better terms

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    guys I don't want to get all crazy on you here

but questioning stuff is good

stupid beliefs, however, are not
    "Feel free to question things as long as you dont disagree with me"

Bedlam on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so what if vaccines were made of spiders

Abracadaniel on
    edited April 2009
    So apparently I'm not going to English class because I'm lazy.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Like nano-spiders that live in your blood hunting down disease? I could be cool with that I guess.

Weaver on
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    so what if vaccines were made of spiders
    oh fuck

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2009
    Nah like they just squish up a bunch of wolf spiders and shoot it into your brain

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited April 2009

Apparently? You're so lazy you can decide for certain that your laziness is the reason for not going, like maybe you also have a cake in the oven or something but man decisions

Weaver on
    edited April 2009
    Nah like they just squish up a bunch of wolf spiders and shoot it into your brain

So that's how I contracted the brain spiders.

Weaver on
    edited April 2009

or

???

I'd like you to know that I agree with this sentiment I was just prodding you with semantics to get you clarify it in better terms

okay well if you're not just trying to get me riled up then I will get a little more specific

I am saying that the original people who form these opinions, on these boards and elsewhere, are enlightened and educated. They have done research, they have a well-thought out and moderated opinion, they can discourse at length on the topic and it's basically clear that they're super-bright and know what they're talking about.

Then people come along and agree with them and all, but when actually pressed they basically just parrot back bits and pieces of the original opinion without actually making a clear and effective argument, so it becomes obvious that instead of knowing the facts themselves and without admitting "yeah, ok, I believe this but am not the best person to argue the point" they just get more and more antagonistic and inflammatory.

This is something that bugs me.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited April 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    i swear

ACFS

it's mindblowing

no but it's more than that

i know lots of hipsters

my girlfriend's in university, some of her friends are hipsters

and yeah, hipsters are annoying

but there's this sort of madness that afflicts some people when they start in college

they turn into mouthpieces for their professors and espouse with absolute conviction viewpoints and ideas they might've been taught last week

after that first year, it seems to taper off and temper itself

but i don't know maybe it's the intoxication of new knowledge and an opening of one's worldview or whatever

but fuck if it ain't annoying and it turns otherwise okay people into arrogant shits

Pony on
    edited April 2009
    Weaver wrote: »

Apparently? You're so lazy you can decide for certain that your laziness is the reason for not going, like maybe you also have a cake in the oven or something but man decisions

I guess man

it's tough to make decisions or finish thi

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited April 2009
    I am going to kill you all in your sleep tonight

Grey Ghost on
    edited April 2009
    Bedlam wrote: »
    guys I don't want to get all crazy on you here

but questioning stuff is good

stupid beliefs, however, are not
    "Feel free to question things as long as you dont disagree with me"

almost

there are some opinions that I don't share that I can see the merits of

like a lot of fiscal issues or political ideologies, I don't endorse them but yeah, I can see where you're coming from

I'm just trying to highlight the difference between "I wonder if this way of doing things is the best it could possibly be" and "maybe we live on the inside of the planet Earth and no one has ever told us because they don't want us to find out"

Charles Kinbote on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i swear

ACFS

it's mindblowing

Being a hipster should be a misdemeanor offense.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jenny McCarthy Body Count

I really want King to bring some sort of hard scientific questioning to her and Carrey, but I am not hopeful

Usagi on
    edited April 2009
    i swear

ACFS

it's mindblowing

no but it's more than that

i know lots of hipsters

my girlfriend's in university, some of her friends are hipsters

and yeah, hipsters are annoying

but there's this sort of madness that afflicts some people when they start in college

they turn into mouthpieces for their professors and espouse with absolute conviction viewpoints and ideas they might've been taught last week

after that first year, it seems to taper off and temper itself

but i don't know maybe it's the intoxication of new knowledge and an opening of one's worldview or whatever

but fuck if it ain't annoying and it turns otherwise okay people into arrogant shits

well this is cute

but I have never had an opinion with my professors about vaccines

nor about healthy distrust

like I understand that you will be able to say "yeah you're just saying that because you're a freshman" and yeah, ok, whatever, you got me there

however, you're kind of just being an incredible asshole here. First of all, you're talking about absolute conviction in spite of the fact that that's the very thing I'm arguing against. Second of all, instead of addressing me you are dicking around in the thread trying to passive-aggressively undermine what I'm saying. At least be forthright, the "talking shit about someone while they're in the room" is a pretty laughable way of acting towards people.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited April 2009
    Usagi wrote: »

I really want King to bring some sort of hard scientific questioning to her and Carrey, but I am not hopeful
    This is awesome

The link, not the fact that all these people have died

EDIT: STOP RUINING MY THREAD, HIPSTER CANADIAN FRESHMAN LIBERALS

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2009
    shank maybe instead of assuming people are largely a bunch of ignorant plebeians parroting the ideas of more intelligent, enlightened people, you pull your ipod out of your urethra and give people the benefit of the doubt

see, that's what i am talking about man

college has done stuff to you

Pony on
    edited April 2009
    Usagi wrote: »

That is an interesting site

Grey Ghost on
    edited April 2009
    what if you had to pull a spider out of your urethra

Abracadaniel on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the hell Shankill? You are taking Pony's posts way to seriously. He isn't playing passive aggressive against you, he probably isn't even thinking of you when he is typing.

Jigrah on
    edited April 2009
    what if you got banned again for making stupid posts

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2009

Do I get a prize?

Weaver on
    edited April 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    what if I don't sleep tonight, grey ghost

your flawed plan is crumbling into tiny, flawed pieces

Maybe I killed you last night

Grey Ghost on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    shank maybe instead of assuming people are largely a bunch of ignorant plebeians parroting the ideas of more intelligent, enlightened people, you pull your ipod out of your urethra and give people the benefit of the doubt

see, that's what i am talking about man

college has done stuff to you

Grab your pitch fork and torches, lets go burn us some colleges.

Jigrah on
    edited April 2009

Do I get a prize?

Free spider!

Abracadaniel on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Do I get a prize?

You set to keep him. Name him harry or something.

Edit: dammit Smart Hero

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on