As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

holy shit i found earthbound for $3

• zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm surprised that it's lower than the price it originally sold for at all.

everything in that shop sells

but that thing has never moved, not once

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Paid 3$ for a copy of Ico, they were taking out old PS2 titles from my local video store. Now if only I could find a cheap copy of HM: DS cute. Got Shadow of the Colossus for 15$ which was a pretty good find also.

I think Tales of Symphonia I got for 25$ defiently played the worth out of that one many times over.

Curse-Ten on
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I lost my SNES moving from one house to another. Lost were:

Super Mario World
    Mario Kart
    DK 1, 2, & 3
    MegaMan X
    Joe and Mac (awesome game!! If only it had a save function)
    Speedy Gonzalez
    Yoshi's Island

some other games I can't remember

On the bright side I don't really like the Super Nintendo much.

PS2... I bought Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for $9, Second Sight for $9, and MGS3 for $30. One of the best gaming days of my life - except Second Sight was defective and I had to return it!

Can't wait for a day like this with the PS3.

Black Ice on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah yeah, forgot about this, but I'm not quite sure if the game was rare. Still, good deal.

Amplitude brand new for $1.97.

The local K-Mart was turning into a Sears Essentials and therefore cleaning out its shelves, so it was on super-clearance.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited April 2009
    "Man I found a copy of Zelda TP GC version for like five bucks!"

"Dude I found one at a garage sale for cheaper."

"I know but after paying 70$ for FF XXII for my PS5 it seemed like a good deal."

This thread ten years in the future.

Curse-Ten on
  • EmonkEmonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    $20 from a friend a few weeks ago:
    P1100295.jpg

Same friend just sold me Valkyria Chronicles today for $20 because "it's too easy".

Emonk on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Emonk wrote: »
    P1100295.jpg

Same friend just sold me Valkyria Chronicles today for $20 because "it's too easy".

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited April 2009
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

See, the thing is, I would expect a person who has that shit in the first place to know what the fuck's up. That's amazing that he let it go for $20.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited April 2009
    He was going to throw in his SNES but he thinks he must have thrown it away.

Emonk on
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I bought my copy of FF3 from a friend for 5 bucks and some magic cards back in the day.

There was an old video store in town going out of business and selling off all their old movies and games. I managed to pick up breath of fire 1 and 2, gunstar heroes, rocket knight adventures, secret of mana and Bad dudes all for a couple bucks a piece.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    If that is for the original Valkyria Chronicles, I totally agree with that exclamation. You don't want to know how much I paid for my Suidoken II.

Krathoon on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah seriously
    What the fuck man "too easy"

Rent on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Emonk wrote: »
    P1100295.jpg

Your friend must have gave up on RPGs.

Krathoon on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Krathoon wrote: »
    If that is for the original Valkyria Chronicles, I totally agree with that exclamation. You don't want to know how much I paid for my Suidoken II.

It wouldn't surprise me if the number was over 100.

Every day I look at Suikoden prices makes me thankful that I've bought every Suikoden at release

Buttcleft on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got Ikaruga for the DC at a swap meet for five bucks, still in its shrink wrap.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I once got a copy of FF2 for the SNES for a few burned CDs. And just recently I got a copy of Lufia 2 for $45, but that's not really a good deal. More like the going price.

SirUltimos on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    System Shock 2 for $5 not too long ago. I got it off of goozex for 100 or 150 points and now it's set to a more reasonable 650.

emnmnme on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    S0up wrote: »
    I bought a copy of Earthbound for 55$ at a local comic book shop. Granted it's not the cheapest buy ever, but considering I was working out a deal with a coworker for 120$ for his copy, it was pretty cheap to me.

Oh, and I also got these other SNES games for free from my Aunt who claimed they were all garbage:

Super Metroid
    Secret Of Mana
    Donkey Kong Country 1/2
    Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Super Mario All Stars
    Super Mario World
    Harvest Moon
    Yoshi's Island

And many more. But those are the games that stick out.
    Your aunt is an idiot.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited April 2009
    Oh wow, if your aunt thinks that's garbage she should see the BAD games out there. Sometimes I feel for the AVGN...

I would have killed for those games back then, instead I got Bugs Bunny...

Curse-Ten on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Curse-Ten wrote: »
    Oh wow, if your aunt thinks that's garbage she should see the BAD games out there. Sometimes I feel for the AVGN...

I would have killed for those games back then, instead I got Bugs Bunny...
    Bugs Bunny? That's nothing. I use to play Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City. :(

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I bought Ico for $89.

I regret nothing.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I bought Ico for $89.

I regret nothing.

What.

Why did this happen?

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I found all three Super Mario Bros NES games boxed at Game Stop over the course of half a year. They look so awesome on my wall. And the SMB was $.29 because it was mistakenly priced like the cheapo freebie SMB/Duck Hunt carts they used to have by the dozens.

Sadly, that boxed SMB3 was the first step on the road to an expensive habit I was able to shed a year later. But not before it sucked over a thousand bucks out of me in the form of sticker covered video games and dusty old consoles off eBay. All of which is now (Aside from the aforementioned SMB games and a boxed copy of Tetris and some select other games) boxed in the basement and attic. I can never get my money back for that shit. I'm like the AVGN except I don't have any will to hook it all back up and review that crap.

The boxed SMB1, 2 and 3 however will always have a place wherever my home is. They just look so nice together.

I used to bid on consoles and games all the time. Had preferred sellers. I poured so much money over that year or so.

But it was better and less expensive than my previous habit.. collecting old Macs. Do you know how much it costs just to ship even an old classic Mac Plus? Those things are heavy!

Sooo glad I don't have any expensive habits right now. Seeing as I don't have money to throw away anymore.

Jasoco on
    edited April 2009
    After I found mine in a discount bin about to be thrown out for 3$. Then again it wasn't in it's orginal case plus it didn't get a instruction book.

Also I paid 30$ for quest 64, worse purchase ever.

EDIT: Your macs remind me of the times I used to play Oregon Trail in grade school *sigh* those were the days.

Curse-Ten on
    edited April 2009
    I bought Ico for $89.

I regret nothing.

What.

Why did this happen?

It's Aus$89.

Which is like US$40 or something.

And it happened because Ico is goddamn amazing and nearly impossible to find. Found an indie game store which carries it.

Same store also has Shadow of the Collosus and MGS anthology, but they're NTSC. :(

Edit: I bought it at 2008.

Antihippy on
    edited April 2009
    Man, all of this talk of Ico being rare, you guys just need to move to the US.

Up until about the time PS3/Wii hit, I couldn't walk around without tripping over a copy of Ico and landing face-first in a pile of Icos.

UnbreakableVow on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Up until about the time PS3/Wii hit, I couldn't walk around without tripping over a copy of Ico and landing face-first in a pile of Icos.

I'm looking at my ico case right now, I had no idea it was rare in some places.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cousin gave me an Atari 5200 for free

has 3 controllers all the hookups and 7 games for it, Pac Man, Space Invaders, Galaxian, some Popeye game, some other stuff.

SkutSkut on
    edited April 2009
    Curse-Ten wrote: »
    After I found mine in a discount bin about to be thrown out for 3$. Then again it wasn't in it's orginal case plus it didn't get a instruction book.

Also I paid 30$ for quest 64, worse purchase ever.

EDIT: Your macs remind me of the times I used to play Oregon Trail in grade school *sigh* those were the days.

The Macs are also in the attic. Except a select Mac SE which was my first and will also have a permanent place on display.

I had a Duo 2300c with dock and monitor at one point. It was awesome. But I sold it for far less than I paid just to dump some stuff.

If only I could go back to 2000 and warn myself. Don't do it. Don't spend all your hard earned money on old computers and video games that will end up taking up a large chunk of your parents basement and attic for the rest of eternity. Don't!

Jasoco on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jasoco wrote: »
    I found all three Super Mario Bros NES games boxed at Game Stop over the course of half a year. They look so awesome on my wall. And the SMB was $.29 because it was mistakenly priced like the cheapo freebie SMB/Duck Hunt carts they used to have by the dozens.

Sadly, that boxed SMB3 was the first step on the road to an expensive habit I was able to shed a year later. But not before it sucked over a thousand bucks out of me in the form of sticker covered video games and dusty old consoles off eBay. All of which is now (Aside from the aforementioned SMB games and a boxed copy of Tetris and some select other games) boxed in the basement and attic. I can never get my money back for that shit. I'm like the AVGN except I don't have any will to hook it all back up and review that crap.

The boxed SMB1, 2 and 3 however will always have a place wherever my home is. They just look so nice together.

I used to bid on consoles and games all the time. Had preferred sellers. I poured so much money over that year or so.

But it was better and less expensive than my previous habit.. collecting old Macs. Do you know how much it costs just to ship even an old classic Mac Plus? Those things are heavy!

Sooo glad I don't have any expensive habits right now. Seeing as I don't have money to throw away anymore.

Never try Heroin.

I used to have a copy of Ico that I got for $10. Then I leant it to a friend and never got it back.

SirUltimos on
    edited April 2009

Never try Heroin.

I used to have a copy of Ico that I got for $10. Then I leant it to a friend and never got it back.[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't planning on it, chief.

Also, I paid $10 for ICO as well. At Kmart on a whim clearanced. So glad I did.

Jasoco on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I bought Ico for $89.

I regret nothing.

What.

Why did this happen?
    Hah, I bought four copies of Ico for $10 each. Canadian.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    edited April 2009
    You Americans and your good deals and cheap Icos.

Makes me sad. :(

Antihippy on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You Americans and your good deals and cheap Icos.

Makes me sad. :(

We're switching to an Ico based economy since the exchange rate is so good.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ico actually got a reprint, along with Dark Cloud 2, Wild Arms 3, and i think Amplitude, so that's how people were able to get it for so cheap. It was a Sony promotion a few years back.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    edited April 2009
    So uh, how many ICO's do you think I could get for this old Mac? Or this copy of Sonic and Knuckles? I'll throw in a Sega Genesis model 1.

Jasoco on
    edited April 2009
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=4058

Valkyria Chronicles new for $30.

Used for $55? WTF?

Emonk on
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

yup this

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    80-100 bucks

if they're planning to release it on xbla like they say, that'll drop fast

holy shit i need to know if this also goes for the Pal version, because if it is that game is so going on ebay.

got it for 25 euro's and only played it for a week.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got an unopened copy of WARIOWARE TWISTED for GBA for $4 Canadian a couple months back. It was from a Radio Shack (of all places) that was clearing out all their stock because it was closing shop.
    I had no idea how fun that game is...it was a steal for the tilt sensor attachment alone. Never have I ben so happy to see a holographic sticker on a thick yellow GBA box.:P

Also, got Street Fighter 4 for the PS3 (used, but brand new condition) recently for $40 Canadian...it's $70 new.

Scotty on