As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DS&WII]Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time

ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
There hasn't been a thread for this so I thought I'd make one.
This is my first OP for a single game so hope I included enough information (Hopefully not too much...)

ffcceot_launch_date.jpg

Echoes of Time

Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time is square-enix's latest entry into the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series.

What is this game about?

In EoT, you play as a 16 year old just coming of age and living in an isolated village. You start out seeking a rare medicine to cure a young girl suffering from something known as “crystal sickness”. This quest leads you to meet an old man named Larkeicus, and discover the truth about the village in the forest.

What about the systems?

FFCC: Echoes of Time (Wii) is almost exactly the same as FFCC: Echoes of Time (DS). The Wii version even has a similar interface (two screens appearing on your TV, very similar layout to the DS version, etc). The only real differences are:

- You can not connect multiple Wii using Local Wireless
- You can get “Mii Masks” in the Wii version (which can be traded to the DS)
- The graphics, while sharing a similar style, are slightly more refined.

Otherwise, they’re the same game pretty much. They’re also cross compatible, either local wireless Wii to however many DS, or Nintendo WiFi Connection with as many Wii and DS games.
954346_20081210_screen002.jpgfinal-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-echoes-of-time-20090223112221209_640w.jpg

Multiplayer

Do I need a copy of this game for every player?

Yes. Each player will need his own copy, be it DS or WiFi.

Local multiplayer is only:

1 Wii and 1-3 DSs with the Wii hosting or 1-4 DSs. 2 Wiis cannot connect together and there is no multiplayer on a single Wii system. Everyone playing needs to have their own copy of the game.

For online multiplayer you can have any combination of Wii and DS and anyone can be hosting.

How does multiplayer work?

Instead of using AI characters, you can have a multiplayer of party up to 4 people. You can play using local wireless (Only one Wii, as many DS players as you have slots). Alternatively, you can play on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This allows as many Wii or DS players, up to the maximum. No AI characters are permitted.

Any game progress is ONLY saved for the host player, and you will join his position in the storyline. However, any character progress is still saved. This means that any changes in items, experience points, money, etc, that are made are kept.

Is there PvP in this game?

While playing multiplayer there are new quests available. These are PvP minigames, and PvP Gladiator.

ffcceot.jpg

How about Actually Playing the game?

Starting your character

You can choose one of the four races, and either male or female. This will decide what equipment you can wield and what abilities you gain when you level up. In general, weapons are NOT limited to a specific character. There are a few exceptions, but there is no problem with a Clavat using a staff, for example. However, you will only get all the abilities, combinations, charge, and charge breaks for weapons you specialize in.

Clavats – High physical stats, high magical stats, specializes in swords
Selkies – Mediocre physical stats, poor magical stats, specializes in bows and rackets, double-jump
Yukes – Poor physical stats, very high magical stats, specializes in staves
Lilties – Very high physical stats, poor magical stats, specializes in spears and hammers

After beating the game at least once, you can start a New Game+. This allows you to choose a higher difficulty mode. This also allows you to choose another character as the “main” character.

Equipment

Equipment has a lot of intricacies here and there in an almost diablo-esque fashion, so here is a nice long explanation of it all. I'm going to put it into a spoiler because it is ridiculously long and slightly intimidating at first glance. -
Equipment is broken into four categories: Weapons, Helmets, Armors, and Accessories

You will find loot constantly upon defeating monsters. You will also be able to buy some low level materials, and scrolls. Rarer scrolls can be obtained from quests, chests, or certain monsters. Some bosses have a tendency to drop rare scrolls too. These will allow you to make nearly every weapon, helmet, and armor.

While you can make accessories, you can’t make many of them. Most of these will be monster drops, from chests, or purchased from the store.

There are also 3 Helmets, and 3 Armors that you can not make. They are purchased for 1,000,000 Gil each from the store, and do not become available until halfway through Very Hard mode.

Weapons usually have 1 free slot, 1 free slot and 1 innate ability, or 1 free slot and 2 innate abilities.

Armors and Helms, like weapons, usually have 1 free slot, 1 free slot and 1 innate ability, or 1 free slot and 2 innate abilities.

Accessories can have 1 free slot and 1 innate ability, 2 free slots and 1 innate ability, 1 free slot and 2 innate abilities, 2 free slots and 1 innate ability, or 3 free slots.

However, there is one weapon of every type (sword, bow, hammer, etc) that has 3 slots. The 1,000,000 Gil Helmets have either 3 free slots or 2 free slots. The 1,000,000 Gil Armors have 3 free slots.

Weapons and Armors level up when you kill monsters of a certain level or higher. Using an Ultima Weapon against a Mu (N) would not give you any weapon experience. Leveling up a piece of equipment:

- Allows it to be transformed
- Increases the transformation
- Increases the stats of the item

A weapon can normally reach a maximum level of 3. Through the use of gems, a weapon can reach a maximum level of 30.

Gems can be found from certain chests. They are usually pretty rare. You can add them into an item at a small cost, which will apply their bonus to that item. You can also remove that gem later, at a small cost. You will not lose the gem. They are also “color-coded.”

Light Blue – These gems, when added to a weapon, increases the maximum level of it. The most powerful light blue gem would increase the maximum level by twice the gem’s power. The second most powerful would increase by the gems power. They come in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 20 variations.

Level 5 Gem + Level 4 Gem = 3 (Default) + 10 (Level 5 gem, doubled for being the stronger) + 4 (Level 4 gem, not doubled) for a maximum level of 17.

In other words, two level 9 gems would allow you to reach level 30 (maximum overall). A single level 20 gem in ANY item will allow you to reach level 30. The effect of a third light blue gem hasn’t been ascertained yet. <u>Removing a gem does NOT affect the weapon’s current level. If it is already level 30, feel free to move the level 20 gem elsewhere, because the weapon will stay level 30 and keep its stats!</u>

Red – These gems offer a boost to attributes or elemental abilities. They come at various levels, which measure the size of the boost. HP, SP, Attack, Defense, Magic Attack, Magic Defense, Elemental Attack, Elemental Defense, etc, can all be boosted with these gems.

Yellow – These gems give your item the “lore” abilities from the first game. These are incredibly hard to get, and the only ones I have personally found so far are Dragoon Lore (Increases power of aerial attack), Samurai Lore (Increases chance of critical hits), and Red Mage Lore (Decreases duration of status effects).

Blue – These gems offer a small variety of boosts, such as increased HP gain from vegetables, increased MP gain from fruits, increased Gil, and increased XP. Gil drops typically appear as small gold coins and have an amount assigned to them, say, 100 Gil. Every Smart Riches (Gil Boost) ability you have will raise this by 5% when you pick it up.

Purple – These gems offer miscellaneous combat related boosts, such as ring speed (move your spell rings faster), ring root (rings stay locked longer making pile spells easier), MP Absorb (Gain MP when you inflict damage via physical attacks), HP Absorb (Gain HP when you inflict damage via physical attacks), MP Defense (Gain MP when you take damage), HP Defense (Gain HP when you take damage), Quick Charge (Reduces charge up time for Charge Attacks and Charge Breaks), and a few others.

Green – Yellow is rare, yes, but not the rarest. I have only ever gotten one green gem, and I haven’t tested it yet, although it either:

A) Increases defense growth for the character, or
B) Increases defense growth on the weapon

Either one is incredibly good.

Items of at least level 3 can be broken into gems at the custom equipment store. The higher level they are, the more gems you will get, some of higher levels.

For example, Ultima Weapon, at level 30, will yield an HP Absorb (3), easily one of the best weapons in the game.

There are a few gems that can only be equipped onto weapons (both Absorb gems, notably), and some that can only be equipped onto non-weapons as well.

As you can see, the best equipment will have a LOT of slots, because these slots are very, very useful.

The best equipment overall would be one of the “ultimate” weapons (such as Ragnorak) with 3 slots, two of the 1,000,000 Gil items with 3 slots each, and a ring with 3 slots. Remember that all attributes are capped at 999 attack. In Gerald’s case, for example, putting Attack(3) + Attack(3) + Attack(3) into a Ragnorak is ridiculously wasteful, it will be no stronger than if he had an empty Ragnorak… or hell, a Bronze sword. However, he can use the slots for HP Absorb + MP Absorb + HP instead, giving him more HP + HP and MP absorb.

Magic

Echoes of time Uses mostly the same magic system as the previous games although magicite and SP have been replaced with good ol' MP. You hold down a button and move a ring to a target, when released the magic will be cast. All levels of magic are available however. This is done by "stacking" magic. Cast a fire spell, but press a button to hold that ring. Cast another fire spell on top of the previous ring and fire becomes Fira.

What are the magic combinations?

Going to plop this into a spoiler as well since it's fairly long

At level 99, Clavats and Yukes can each lock 3 rings, Selkies and Lilties can each lock 2 rings. Also, the Magic Pile will limit the strongest spells they can combine. Here are the known and tested spell combinations:

Fire
Fire + Fire = Fira
Fire + Fire + Fire = Firaga
Fire + Fire + Fire + Fire = Firaja

These spells inflict fire damage, and cause burn (continuously inflicts a small amount of damage). Firaja has greatly increased range.

Blizzard
Blizzard + Blizzard = Blizzara
Blizzard + Blizzard + Blizzard = Blizzaga
Blizzard + Blizzard + Blizzard + Blizzard = Blizzaja

These spells inflict ice damage, and cause freeze (stops them from taking any actions, prevents guard, is removed by some physical attacks and most magical attacks). Blizzaja has greatly increased range.

Thunder
Thunder + Thunder = Thundara
Thunder + Thunder + Thunder = Thundaga
Thunder + Thunder + Thunder + Thunder = Thundaja

These spells inflict lightning damage, and cause paralysis (stops them from attacking or casting spells, lasts longer than freeze). Thundaja has greatly increased range.

Cure
Cure + Cure = Cura
Cure + Cure + Cure = Curaga
Cure + cure + Cure + Cure = Curaja

Restores HP. Cure restores 30%, Cura restores 65%, Cuaraga restores 100%, Curaja restores 100% over a large range. These spells also remove the spectral status effect from monsters.

Clear
Clear + Clear = Cleara
Clear + Clear + Clear = Clearaga
Clear + clear + Clear + Clear = Clearaja

These spells remove status effects. Clear only removes one, higher level versions remove multiple. These remove positive as well as negative effects. Clearaja has greatly increased range. These spells also remove the spectral status effect from monsters.

Raise
Raise + Raise = Arise

These spells resurrect dead characters. If a party member (yourself, AI, or friend) is slain but at least one member of the party is still alive, they will play as a ghost and only be able to move + pick up a small assortment of items, waiting to be resurrected. Raise restores a small amount of HP, Arise restores all HP and a small amount of MP. These spells also remove the spectral status effect from monsters.

Fire + Clear = Barrier
Fire + Fire + Clear + Clear = Barriaga

These spells give you the Barrier status, which reduces damage from most attacks. This is incredibly useful at higher levels, especially against certain bosses. Barriaga has greatly increased range.

Thunder + Clear = Haste
Thunder + Thunder + Clear + Clear = Hastega

These spells give you the Haste status, which drastically raises your attack and movement speed. This is not very useful alone, or with AI, because it has a short duration. However, it will make certain puzzles much easier, and is very useful with a party of 3 or 4. Hastega has a greatly increased range.

Blizzard + Clear = Slow
Blizzard + Blizzard + Clear + Clear = Slowga

These spells inflict time damage and inflict slow (reduced attack and movement speed, and greatly increases the time it takes to initiate a spell ring). Slowga deals higher damage and has a greatly increased range.

Fire + Raise = Quake
Fire + Fire + Raise + Raise = Quakega

These spells deal substantial damage and usually cause stun or sends an opponent flying. Quakega deals more damage and has greater range. Damage is likely considered physical or neutral magical.

Thunder + Raise = Bio
Thunder + Thunder + Raise + Raise = Bioga

These spells deal substantial magical damage and causes poison (continually causes damage and flinches the victim). Bioga does more damage and has greater range.

Blizzard + Raise = Gravity
Blizzard + Blizzard + Raise + Raise = Graviga

These spells function in a unique fashion. They remove a portion of a monster’s remaining hitpoints. Gravity usually removes about a third, Graviga removes about a half. They also inflict gravity (no jumping, and flying monsters are grounded). However, on some bosses, it seems to work although it inflicts a small amount of magic damage. Graviga has much greater range.

Fire + Thunder + Blizzard + Cure = Meteor

Drops a meteor, which inflicts substantial damage and causes stun. Like Quake, damage is likely considered physical, or neutral magical.

Cure + Raise = Holy
Cure + Cure + Raise + Raise = Holy

These spells deal substantial magical damage. They also remove the spectral status effect from monsters. Holyga has much higher range and damage. White Magic Switches can be triggered by holy in addition to the book spells.

In addition to setting up your own spells, you can also counter neutral monster spells. For example, a Chimera frequently casts Thunder and Fire. If they create a Fire spell ring, you can hold a fire ring on its trajectory, and release your fire spell while the Chimera’s spell is still moving, but in range of your fire spell. This will cast Fira, and send it back at the Chimera.

Note that monsters can counter your spells too. For example, if your AI partner is dead while you’re fighting the Hierophant, if you initiate a raise ring right as a crystal thunders you, you will be hit by Bio.

Positive spells go to the monster or player who countered. Negative spells go to the person or monster who was countered. If I was to clear a monster’s blizzard ring, I would slow the monster. Alternatively, if I was to clear a monster’s fire ring, I would cast barrier on myself.

Meteoraga should also be possible, but the combination has yet to be confirmed, to my knowledge. Same goes for Ultima and Ultimaga.

When Burn, Paralysis, Freeze, or Poison fade away, they will render a monster temporarily immune to ALL magic. This is marked by a small blue fire.

So how about some Friend codes eh?

If we want to get some multiplayer going, leave your friend code in the thread and I'll edit it into the OP here. If I haven't gotten it up after a day or so just shoot me a PM.

DS Friend Codes -
Zerokku - 2407-1270-6107
DeaconKnowledge - 2493-0277-5767
Rorus Raz - 2793-6754-1457
Lux782 - 2149-4302-8609
TimFiji - 1891-7310-3687
RonaldoTheGypsy - 2407-1205-0671
Chen - 4382-8186-6272
Crotchless Gorilla Suit - 1376-3453-6838
Entaru - 0345-5547-2001

Wii Friend Codes -
Glenn565 - 0603-2432-4123

Zerokku on

• DeaconKnowledgeDeaconKnowledge Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So how does the game play? Do you have to stick close at all times to progress? This looks like it plays like a more action oriented PSO. Am I right in thinking this?

DeaconKnowledge on
    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
    Animal Crossing - 3566 5318 4585/2492 7891 0383 Deacon/Akisha in Crayon
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I haven't actually tried the multiplayer yet so I don't know about that one >.>

But yah, it feels like a mix of Final Fantasy, Zelda, And PSO. It's a standard action rpg with the final fantasy style, but alot of puzzle solving in a zelda style (Move blocks onto switches, cast blizzard on a blue switch and fire on a red switch to open a door, ect.). Along with some heavy customization in terms of gear and abilities.

Zerokku on
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, after reading some reviews, this really is sounding like Diablo/PSO, i'm definitely interested. Have you tried to go online at all? If so ,how easy is it to find a party online?

DeaconKnowledge on
    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
  • commathecommathe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It reminds me a little bit of the .hack games, but with a jump button.

I havent played multiplayer either, but I did make another character for the single player. The AI is really bad. Luckily you can switch between characters at any time.

Accepting quests in town is a little odd... I accepted one and was instantly sent to an area to kill a number of squirrels with fire magic. Once I killed the right number the quest completed and I was back in town. Also it didnt send my party with me, just the character I took the quest with.

Also you apparently don't choose a class? Just a gender and race. I havent played any of the other crystal chronicles, so maybe this is all normal.

commathe on
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, after reading some reviews, this really is sounding like Diablo/PSO, i'm definitely interested. Have you tried to go online at all? If so ,how easy is it to find a party online?

From what I've read it's pretty good but almost something I wouldn't recommend. You'll occasionally get landed in a party with some level 99 guy from japan who will spam pvp quests and take your gil =P

Zerokku on
    edited April 2009
    *Counts* three people.

If I grab this tomorrow, we should put a party together. I'm very much a noob though, as i've never played a Crystal Chronicles game, so you'll have to drag me along.

DeaconKnowledge on
    edited April 2009
    *Counts* three people.

If I grab this tomorrow, we should put a party together. I'm very much a noob though, as i've never played a Crystal Chronicles game, so you'll have to drag me along.

This is my first too so I'm just learning the ropes as well. It's fun trying to balance between this, GTA:CW, Pokemon Platinum, and Diablo 2 with our PA crew :P

But sounds like a plan. I know a couple more people over in the final fantasy mega-thread had grabbed this so hopefully we can get some nice groups going.

Zerokku on
    edited April 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »
    *Counts* three people.

This is my first too so I'm just learning the ropes as well. It's fun trying to balance between this, GTA:CW, Pokemon Platinum, and Diablo 2 with our PA crew :P

But sounds like a plan. I know a couple more people over in the final fantasy mega-thread had grabbed this so hopefully we can get some nice groups going.

Call 'em over, let's get this party started.

DeaconKnowledge on
    edited April 2009
    Where do you find your friend code? I havent explored the depths of their menu system entirely. It is convolutionary!

commathe on
    edited April 2009
    Okay once you've gotten on wi-fi once go to a save point and go to multiplayer. Go to the Nintendo WFC menu, and on that menu, to the friend menu. On that menu there will be your friend roster, and you'll find your own code on that.

As for the question if you have to stick together. The answer is... No! I was in town while in a random wi-fi game and the other dude went to the world map without having any effect on me.

Zerokku on
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game, been playing it with the wife for a while now a little bit at a time. The graveyard was probably the most frustrating since trying to explain to the wife about using holy on the monsters = good times and that she needs to stay near the magic shield barrel or die from poison was tough. It basically was a level designed to force you to play a certain way, unlike all the levels before so she was frustrated with it. But we beat it and are past that now.

The only good items to craft are drops from hidden chest (search everywhere in the forest levels, so many chest on the upper level you can't see normally) or quest rewards, I wouldn't bother buying any of the scrolls from the shop vendor since the top items will just be for sale in the weapons shop after you finish the next story line mission.

quest are fun some times, other times they are absolutely terrible if your playing with less then skilled team mates. I haven't tried any of the PVP quest for obvious reasons.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Added this thread to the NWC thread. It's in both the DS and Wii sections, but if there's some kind of need for a separate thread for the DS version and another for the Wii version, I'll try to keep an eye out so I can update it. Happy playing! :D

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
    edited April 2009
    BTP wrote: »
    Added this thread to the NWC thread. It's in both the DS and Wii sections, but if there's some kind of need for a separate thread for the DS version and another for the Wii version, I'll try to keep an eye out so I can update it. Happy playing! :D

Nah, it's literally the exact same game minus a few UI differences.

Zerokku on
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am really enjoying this game with my friends who got it for the Wii ( I have it for DS). Sometimes we get some lag. While annoying the game is still playable. Anyone else getting lag?

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • ChenChen Registered User regular
      edited April 2009
      More people should get this.

I'm kind of bummed the Wii version doesn't sport the same visuals as the original. The backgrounds were gorgeous, high level spells were spectacular and enemies were frighteningly intimidating. This combined with the fact that local play requires multiple copies, even on the Wii, and the lack of portability, I don't see any reason to get the Wii version over the DS version.

Chen on
      V0Gug2h.png
    • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
      edited April 2009
      Chen wrote: »

I'm kind of bummed the Wii version doesn't sport the same visuals as the original. The backgrounds were gorgeous, high level spells were spectacular and enemies were frighteningly intimidating. This combined with the fact that local play requires multiple copies, even on the Wii, and the lack of portability, I don't see any reason to get the Wii version over the DS version.
      Yeah, if this had graphics like the GC version I would be much more interested in it. Also, the soundtrack to the first FFCC was fantastic. Is the atmosphere in this one comparable at all?

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
      sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
      edited April 2009
      METAzraeL wrote: »
      Chen wrote: »

Yeah, if this had graphics like the GC version I would be much more interested in it. Also, the soundtrack to the first FFCC was fantastic. Is the atmosphere in this one comparable at all?

This is the first one I've played but I have to say I like the atmosphere, and the soundtrack is simply excellent.

Zerokku on
    • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
      edited April 2009
      Two questions: is the Square tax in effect and does this support voice chat?

I'm pretty tempted by this.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
    • ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
      edited April 2009
      Awesome, been waiting for this thread. However, since I upgraded my router to WPA, I'm left without a way to connect. They stopped selling the USB Dongle, right?

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
      edited April 2009
      Awesome, been waiting for this thread. However, since I upgraded my router to WPA, I'm left without a way to connect. They stopped selling the USB Dongle, right?

Yah but you might be able to find it used at a gamestop like I did. Don't worry if it doesn't have the CD you can download everything from the nintendo website.

Zerokku on
    • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
      edited April 2009
      Rorus Raz wrote: »

The only player-to-player communication in this game is a bunch of pre-written messages that you select from a list.

Lost Canuck on
      QYW8SHm.jpg
      Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
      edited April 2009

Of course, and no. Probably because of the wii which wouldnt have the same capabilities for voice chat as the DS.

The only player-to-player communication in this game is a bunch of pre-written messages that you select from a list.

If theyre on your friends list you can have more customized messages though.

Zerokku on
      edited April 2009
      Or I'll just get on Vent and communicate like a normal human being.

The Wii does have voice chat now, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
      edited April 2009
      It was $39 and comes with Squeenix's version of Club Nintendo points!

commathe on
    • Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
      edited April 2009
      I would like to hack and slash some things with people. Ill grab my FC later.

Lux782 on
    • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
      edited April 2009
      I picked up the DS version today. Will post my FC later.

Satanic Jesus on
      my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
      edited April 2009
      I'm going to EB after work today to buy this. Should I play for a bit and them jump into multiplayer, or can I just run headlong into it?

DeaconKnowledge on
      edited April 2009
      I would do the first couple story quests first just to get the hang of things, but after that then sure.

Zerokku on
      edited April 2009
      The game is mine. I like the changes to magic. Will have a friend code posted shortly.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
      edited April 2009
      FC: 2149-4302-8609

I got a bran new character up and I want to play right now so if you want to join me, post.

Lux782 on
    • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
      edited April 2009
      So how does this compare to Ring of Fates (which was surprisingly enjoyable)? Better in SP, or only in MP?

Xagarath on
      edited April 2009
      I think this is the best FF:CC game yet if you enjoy a good dungeon crawl. I am not that far into the game but so far it is quite enjoyable SP though not that difficult, I wish they let you play hard mode right away.

Lux782 on
      edited April 2009

DS version.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
      edited April 2009
      Got a game up right now, post FC if you want to join.

Lux782 on
      edited April 2009
      Are you lagging at the moment? It's not terrible, but makes it hard to play.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
      edited April 2009
      how bad? I get some small spikes every now and then.

Lux782 on
      edited April 2009
      I had to stop. I had a good 2-3 second delay in all my actions. That minigame was pretty much impossible for me to do.

Let me fiddle with some stuff and I'll play again in another hour or so.

Sterica on
      YL9WnCY.png
      edited April 2009
      Sounds good, we can always try having you host and see how that works. Send me a PM when you are good to go.

Lux782 on
      edited April 2009
      Aargh, I don't know who I want to pick!

I want a Yuke, because I love magic and I love their character designs, but I want to get great weapons and magic as well.

DeaconKnowledge on
      edited April 2009
      That's why I chose a clavat. I figured a more balanced character would suit me a bit better.

Zerokku on