As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't need this [chat] right now.

• ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    pretty sure bitching about the moderation isn't legal in H/A either, you can't pretend you don't know you're being a dick right now

I'm not in H/A.

ViolentChemistry on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    Ok I sent my résumé to the first place. Crossing my fingers. Minimum wage at GameStop isn't cutting it.

Organichu on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ok I sent my résumé to the first place. Crossing my fingers. Minimum wage at GameStop isn't cutting it.

Hey, send me your job.

I could work retail, promise.

"No, ma'am. There is not, nor was there ever, a Mario game for the 360, I promise. If you'd like I could call my supervisor."

Piece of cake. Minimum wage would be great right about now.

JamesKeenan on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Welcome to the 90's?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    pretty sure bitching about the moderation isn't legal in H/A either, you can't pretend you don't know you're being a dick right now

I'm not in H/A.

maybe try to parse that sentence a couple of more times for practice and see if you can get it right

Senjutsu on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is the WoW authentication server down or something?

James on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty glad the GOP thread is gone, actually. It had pretty much become the "shit on anybody you don't like" thread.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think this place needs a happy line too. Someone else besides Jeffe do it because his lines are sad lines.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    woohoo! new chapter of Bad Science is available for free online!

BobCesca on
    edited April 2009
    OremLK wrote: »
    I'm pretty glad the GOP thread is gone, actually. It had pretty much become the "shit on anybody you don't like" thread.

I wasn't keeping track, so... oh well.

JamesKeenan on
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to the 90's?

I just looked this up on Wikipedia.

I can't believe it's been up for twelve years.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    And? The rules are different in every sub-forum. Very, very different. If they weren't, most of D&D would have been permabanned years ago under numerous H/A rules.

Then as a former H/A mod you should do less things to cause infractions then your normal poster.

You're right, I shouldn't debate in D&D because I'm not allowed to do it in H/A. Oh wait no that's retarded because "different" ≠ "the same except stricter".

There's a difference from debating and the posts that get you infractions.

DeShadowC on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009

Hey, send me your job.

"No, ma'am. There is not, nor was there ever, a Mario game for the 360, I promise. If you'd like I could call my supervisor."

The job's ok, honestly. It's all in the managers- if your manager cares more about the customer experience than numbers (and mine does) you'll enjoy your job. My manager doesn't have a degree so corporate advancement is unlikely, and he's happy in his position. Ergo he doesn't hammer me with pressure for subscriptions or reserves or anything. As long as I'm delivering quality customer service, and I'm working quickly enough for us to get out around closing time, he's cool. Further, the fact that I'm treated like a human being and not a reservation-farmer, galvanizes me to actually care about the store. It's what separates doing little tasks that improve the store quality overall- from not doing them out of apathy.

It's just, fuck, $7.15 an hour, 13-25 hours a week? I can't do it. I'm an orphan, I don't have a safety net, I need to make more.

Organichu on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm just griping as a Texan with ruffled feathers. They're ruffled because a bunch of assholes tarred me and stuck them on me.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why don't you just secede from the Union about it, then. :lol:

Nartwak on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm just griping as a Texan with ruffled feathers. They're ruffled because a bunch of assholes tarred me and stuck them on me.

Yeah, that whole fuck everything Texas part of te thread was a bit out there, but then again so was the governor talking about succession.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2009
    Other points made on Ray's website include repeated assertions that all academic establishments are "evil" for not teaching Time Cube and that readers who do not agree or are ignorant of his ideas "deserve death". He also insists that Barack Obama being elected as President of the United States of America will result in the destruction of the world because "SUN power will not allow any Black Skin power to rule over its Light Domain". Ray goes on to propose that each of the four simultaneous days are tied to a certain race.

Fantastic.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well the GOP thread did get lost, I mean when the dicussion kept going back to the somali pirates I knew the thread wasn't long for the world. People can't help but want to chat in every thread and it does get irritating when real bone headed GOP moves were getting ignored for Angel Hedgie warglbargl.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    VC, I'm actually having trouble following your argument with that guy. What was the signalling stuff about? Did that have to do with the stop sign example or the going 66 in the fast lane example?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Yeah, that whole fuck everything Texas part of te thread was a bit out there, but then again so was the governor talking about succession.

But if they were talking about Texas and a Republican senator, then that's related at least tangentially to the GOP, right?

JamesKeenan on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Hey, send me your job.

The job's ok, honestly. It's all in the managers- if your manager cares more about the customer experience than numbers (and mine does) you'll enjoy your job. My manager doesn't have a degree so corporate advancement is unlikely, and he's happy in his position. Ergo he doesn't hammer me with pressure for subscriptions or reserves or anything. As long as I'm delivering quality customer service, and I'm working quickly enough for us to get out around closing time, he's cool. Further, the fact that I'm treated like a human being and not a reservation-farmer, galvanizes me to actually care about the store. It's what separates doing little tasks that improve the store quality overall- from not doing them out of apathy.

It's just, fuck, $7.15 an hour, 13-25 hours a week? I can't do it. I'm an orphan, I don't have a safety net, I need to make more.

It always sucks to leave a good working environment, but yeah, retail is not the doorway to dollars outside of going into commissioned sales types jobs.

Plus even if you get that first job and it sucks, all of the "need phone skills, excel, word, be organized" office jobs of the world are easy springboards to jump to the next phone/excel/word/be organized job where you'll presumably make a bit more money each time.

desc on
    edited April 2009
    So has the new South African health minister fixed his country's batshit AIDS policy yet? He's had like a year.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    So another call from Verizon, my mother missed work 4 days in a row again.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I am such a bad procrastinator. Especially when it comes to important things like paying the electricity bill or sending emails to the dean.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

I'm not in H/A.

maybe try to parse that sentence a couple of more times for practice and see if you can get it right

Oh you're trying to claim that bitching about moderation isn't legal here. That's odd, people do it all the time and I've only ever seen one person get infracted for it a few years ago. Particularly in chat, but also in the threads themselves. Complaining about how Obs isn't banned, how a thread isn't locked when whoever thinks it should be, how a thread did get locked when whoever doesn't think it should have, etc. In H/A the last two would be threadshitting infractions, but that isn't the case in D&D.

ViolentChemistry on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Your mom's job calls you when she misses work?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    VC, I'm actually having trouble following your argument with that guy. What was the signalling stuff about? Did that have to do with the stop sign example or the going 66 in the fast lane example?

No McDermott was being a dick, he admitted that.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited April 2009

http://www.namenda.com/

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wah wah wah

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2009

Yeah because she doesn't call in, and so they go to her emergency call list to see if I have any information. The last time she had a panic attack or something. The problem is I'm in washington State she's in god damned georgia. I haven't spoken with my mother in like 2 years.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009

Yeah because she doesn't call in, and so they go to her emergency call list to see if I have any information. The last time she had a panic attack or something. The problem is I'm in washington State she's in god damned georgia. I haven't spoken with my mother in like 2 years.

:(

Now I feel bad.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm not in H/A.

Oh you're trying to claim that bitching about moderation isn't legal here. That's odd, people do it all the time and I've only ever seen one person get infracted for it a few years ago. Particularly in chat, but also in the threads themselves. Complaining about how Obs isn't banned, how a thread isn't locked when whoever thinks it should be, how a thread did get locked when whoever doesn't think it should have, etc. In H/A the last two would be threadshitting infractions, but that isn't the case in D&D.
    "But officer, the guy next to me was doing 10 miles per hour more!"

MikeMan on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's secession not succession. Whsaaaearararargggg :x

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2009

:(

Now I feel bad.

Meh don't, I've made peace with the situation.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »

I'm not in H/A.

True story: I was speeding with this guy down the highway. We're both zooming in and out of car "groups" for a while. Suddenly we pass a cop car hanging out on an overpass. Cop's lights go on. Other guy slows down, I speed up.

He gets pulled over.

JamesKeenan on
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, VC, it could just have something to do with tone. Lots of times, your apathetic or sarcastic posts come of as bellicose or snarky, and people just assume that's what you mean.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    It's secession not succession. Whsaaaearararargggg :x

What? The south never succeeded seccessfully.

JamesKeenan on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Honestly, VC, it could just have something to do with tone. Lots of times, your apathetic or sarcastic posts come of as bellicose or snark, and people just assume that's what you mean.
    its true

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »

I'm not in H/A.

True story: I was speeding with this guy down the highway. We're both zooming in and out of car "groups" for a while. Suddenly we pass a cop car hanging out on an overpass. Cop's lights go on. Other guy slows down, I speed up.

He gets pulled over.
    Damnit JK! I was that other guy!

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.