As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't need this [chat] right now.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    pretty sure bitching about the moderation isn't legal in H/A either, you can't pretend you don't know you're being a dick right now

I'm not in H/A.

maybe try to parse that sentence a couple of more times for practice and see if you can get it right

Oh you're trying to claim that bitching about moderation isn't legal here. That's odd, people do it all the time and I've only ever seen one person get infracted for it a few years ago. Particularly in chat, but also in the threads themselves. Complaining about how Obs isn't banned, how a thread isn't locked when whoever thinks it should be, how a thread did get locked when whoever doesn't think it should have, etc. In H/A the last two would be threadshitting infractions, but that isn't the case in D&D.
    "But officer, the guy next to me was doing 10 miles per hour more!"

True story: I was speeding with this guy down the highway. We're both zooming in and out of car "groups" for a while. Suddenly we pass a cop car hanging out on an overpass. Cop's lights go on. Other guy slows down, I speed up.

He gets pulled over.
    Cops are lazy, story at 11.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    So another call from Verizon, my mother missed work 4 days in a row again.
    Your mom's job calls you when she misses work?

Yeah because she doesn't call in, and so they go to her emergency call list to see if I have any information. The last time she had a panic attack or something. The problem is I'm in washington State she's in god damned georgia. I haven't spoken with my mother in like 2 years.

:(

Now I feel bad.

Meh don't, I've made peace with the situation.

In that case

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    bowen wrote: »
    VC, I'm actually having trouble following your argument with that guy. What was the signalling stuff about? Did that have to do with the stop sign example or the going 66 in the fast lane example?

No McDermott was being a dick, he admitted that.

... I meant the question as either or, and you answered no. Now I am heartily confused. Time to write off that discussion, I suppose.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    pretty sure bitching about the moderation isn't legal in H/A either, you can't pretend you don't know you're being a dick right now

I'm not in H/A.

maybe try to parse that sentence a couple of more times for practice and see if you can get it right

Oh you're trying to claim that bitching about moderation isn't legal here. That's odd, people do it all the time and I've only ever seen one person get infracted for it a few years ago. Particularly in chat, but also in the threads themselves. Complaining about how Obs isn't banned, how a thread isn't locked when whoever thinks it should be, how a thread did get locked when whoever doesn't think it should have, etc. In H/A the last two would be threadshitting infractions, but that isn't the case in D&D.
    "But officer, that isn't actually illegal."

Fixed. Do you need a hankie as usual? The rules say don't scream your head off, they do not say do not discuss things in the off-topic thread.

ViolentChemistry on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Res wrote: »

Nah I don't think she's an alcy. I have no idea, my grand father (her dad) has mental issues, and so do her siblings. My most terrifying thoughts are that I got that defective gene.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hey how come when other people address you just address them back but when i do you resort to patronizing and condescending comments, VC?

MikeMan on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    True story: I was speeding with this guy down the highway. We're both zooming in and out of car "groups" for a while. Suddenly we pass a cop car hanging out on an overpass. Cop's lights go on. Other guy slows down, I speed up.

He gets pulled over.
    Damnit JK! I was that other guy!

simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

JamesKeenan on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i am utterly surprised at this turn of events.

utterly.

Dunadan019 on
    edited April 2009
    hey how come when other people address you just address them back but when i do you resort to patronizing and condescending comments, VC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8QiTDWCVk

JamesKeenan on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Honestly, VC, it could just have something to do with tone. Lots of times, your apathetic or sarcastic posts come of as bellicose or snark, and people just assume that's what you mean.
    its true

I even thought you were an asshole for awhile when I first came to these parts. Eventually I figured out that there's usually a pretty clear chain of logic to your posts, and you seem to rage in alternately rage or mockery when somebody is being pedantic or otherwise not debating the way you want them to (which IMO is the way they should debate, but I dunno exactly how to rephrase this to say what I mean so I hope you get that I agree with you and just think the infractions are due to reacting to silly folk and not, I guess, shaking your head and leaving the thread, or putting them on your ignore list or something.

Edit: Also, :^: to the distinction between discussing moderation and screaming your head off. Sometimes bitching about moderation doesn't bother me, and other times I'm like "give it a rest, man, you're being a whiny 4 year old"

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2009

Because that's the tone you've set. No matter what approach I take to talking to you you've never been able to handle it, opting instead to cry and scream about every little thing and also additional imaginary things like a 3 year-old. So instead I ignore you until you decide to try to troll me again. Like now.

ViolentChemistry on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I think I'm a really nice person.

Organichu on
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I think I'm a really nice person.

Don't you like Ayn Rand? That disqualifies you!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am saddened by story threads degrading into a giant fight and there being no more stories.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited April 2009

Because that's the tone you've set. No matter what approach I take to talking to you you've never been able to handle it, opting instead to cry and scream about every little thing and also additional imaginary things like a 3 year-old. So instead I ignore you until you decide to try to troll me again. Like now.
    Disagreeing with you is not trolling you. And no, I don't set a patronizing and condescending tone and I don't use that kind of language.

I've never been jailed and that's because I don't condescend and act like a jackass.

MikeMan on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8QiTDWCVk
    Heh. Slightly Gayer.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Disagreeing with you is not trolling you. And no, I don't set a patronizing and condescending tone and I don't use that kind of language.

I've never been jailed and that's because I don't condescend and act like a jackass.

I've never been jailed but that's because I post a lot less when I have active points on my profile.

DeShadowC on
    edited April 2009
    I am saddened by story threads degrading into a giant fight and there being no more stories.

There is another story!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009

I see why people say you're hilarious. Tell me about the time you fucked a gnome on top of the Eiffel Tower next. Or the time you grew wings and flew around the world curing poverty.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited April 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I've never been jailed but that's because I post a lot less when I have active points on my profile.

I've never been jailed because I'm still relatively new.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alright who crapped on the chat

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009

I don't post less, I post more conservatively. Which means I start to cry, make up grass roots efforts, and blame everything on liberals.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009

VC isn't wrong for this world.

This world is just wrong for VC.

JamesKeenan on
    edited April 2009

I don't post less, I post more conservatively. Which means I start to cry, make up grass roots efforts, and blame everything on liberals.

:^: Would read again

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Mike's hilarious.
    And I also think Mike is very smart.

Basically

mm4.jpg

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2009
    JK you are so wrong

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009
    And with that we leave reality. I'm gonna head back to work. Bye chatters.

MikeMan on
    edited April 2009
    lol podly

hahahahahah

MikeMan on
    edited April 2009
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh God Pods I love that picture.

DeShadowC on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lol podly

hahahahahah
    YESSSSS

<3 Podly

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited April 2009

:^: Would read again

Yeah I figured, I might as well make the joke before some other lesser poster attempted it. For if I fell in my comedic effort, no other could hope to slay that beast.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009
    He also happens to be really cute

I am an unbiased source

Hakkekage on
    edited April 2009
    JK you are so wrong

No, it's true.

He's like Mickey Rourke from Sin City.

But on the internet.

JamesKeenan on
    edited April 2009
    I think the chat males have learned a valuable lesson, don't wear a hat and get your picture taken in it. This will only cause issues.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alright who crapped on the chat

Hrrrrrmmmm

Haphazard on
    edited April 2009
    I AM CUTER YOU BASTARDS

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2009
    I AM CUTER YOU BASTARDS
    I think you are confusing cuter with hairier OLD MAN

Hakkekage on
    edited April 2009
    I AM CUTER YOU BASTARDS

whatever you say dude
    whatever you say

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.