As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

help me get my crazy ass fiance off my back!

PussumPussum Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I downloaded the GRAW 2 demo last night and I was playing through it for a bit online. My fiance came in and flipped out. She started screaming and yelling about how that was costing us money we didn't have, and online play was charged and what not. I calmly told her that it was a DEMO and that I gave no billing information to play. She started pissing about how we have a silver account not a gold so we aren't supposed to be playing online and stuff so please, someone, anyone please post a responce that says everything is ok so she can read it and get confirmation that we aren't going to be billed. The last twelve hours have been nothing but hell listening to how I am costing us money, ect. PLEASE!!!! She won't listen to me. She says I don't know what I am talking about.

venomsigva5.png
Pussum on

• JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    she sounds crazy

JeffH on
  • PussumPussum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No, she just doesn't know how it works. She thinks because we have a silver account that means NO ONLINE PLAY PERIOD. I try to explain, but because I am her fiance that means I don't know what I am talking about.

Pussum on
    venomsigva5.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it possible to return this fiancee as defective and get another one?

Other then that, calmly explain it to her in small words as if you were talking to a child making sure to speak slow and loud for her to get the point.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Um... perhaps instead of continuing this argument (which could likely easily be solved by a visit to Xbox.com) you two could discuss what is at the root of it. Be it finances, communication, or feelings of value in the relationship...

If she's flipping out over this, it is probably just serving as a surrogate for the real issue.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I want to help. Dear god.
    I'm pretty sure that logic is not going to win this one, however. I would honestly start looking for a way to lose, and not have her be able to hang this over your head for the next 40 years.

Reasoning: I don't even think that, if you were to show her in writing through Microsoft that it didn't cost you any money, that she would accept it as the ultimate truth. Call it a gut feeling.

On a side note, what the hell is she flipping out about this for? That doesn't make any sense.

Edit - Sentry has the point that I couldn't at all grasp. Listen to him, he's probably right.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah the problem isn't with the Xbox, dude.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »

I don't think it is either, but sometimes girls just flip out on the smallest of things so it could be. Just ask her if ya'll need to talk about anything cause you don't need out help explaining the Live because you already know the differences between silver and gold.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited February 2007

I don't think it is either, but sometimes girls just flip out on the smallest of things so it could be. Just ask her if ya'll need to talk about anything cause you don't need out help explaining the Live because you already know the differences between silver and gold.

Usually the reason they 'flip out over the smallest thing' is because there is a back-log of 'smallest things' and this was just the proverbial straw. Find out what she's really upset about if you can and try to deal with that. If it is (for example) a lot of little purchases that eventually add up to big money, maybe you need to work out a budget or at least discuss it.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

People can flip out over idiotic things, period.

Nearly always they've got a real problem they can't deal with. Try to calm her down get to the meat of the issue; your lack of money.

Aldo on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    but its okay to have a 360, the net connection needed to play online, and all the other things that the average gamer 'needs'.

Ask her to tell you what the real problem is , or to STFU.

Either that, or she is pregnant.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • PussumPussum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Haha, well I figured out the issue. She bought me a gold account as a late valentines day present since we couldn't do anything on the holiday. She freaked when she saw me playing online with a silver because she wanted the gold account to be a surprise and she got upset because she thought you could only get online and play with a gold account. I told her that because the demo was only a trial thing we could test out a little bit of it, even with a silver account. After I told her that she told me what got me so in the end it's all good.

Pussum on
    venomsigva5.png
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited February 2007
    Pussum wrote: »
    Haha, well I figured out the issue. She bought me a gold account as a late valentines day present since we couldn't do anything on the holiday. She freaked when she saw me playing online with a silver because she wanted the gold account to be a surprise and she got upset because she thought you could only get online and play with a gold account. I told her that because the demo was only a trial thing we could test out a little bit of it, even with a silver account. After I told her that she told me what got me so in the end it's all good.

Turns out we were all pretty far off-base. I'm glad it worked out!

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
This discussion has been closed.