As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My entire NES collection...stolen.

13»

• HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Beck wrote: »
    Oh man, that's fucked up. They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Awesome.

Back on Topic - That really fucking sucks dude. I really have no valuble input though, other than wishing you luck in getting your shit back.

And further luck in beating the crap out of whoever took it.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    I've never heard of the mislabeled gold cart before. Which part is mislabeled?

I think he was saying that the store mislabeled it as Zelda and it was in fact Nintendo World Championship or something else absurdly rare.

Daedalus on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I think he was saying that the store mislabeled it as Zelda and it was in fact Nintendo World Championship or something else absurdly rare.

Jesus, aren't there only like 50 of those golden NWC carts out there? That thing must be worth a freaking fortune.

JihadJesus on
  • MitsuhideMitsuhide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Jesus, aren't there only like 50 of those golden NWC carts out there? That thing must be worth a freaking fortune.

Yes that's the one I meant. I worded that weird. I mean to say that I didn't pick it up, as I didn't think it was worth much because it wasn't Zelda. (Because it isn't as high-profile as Zelda.) The only other 'rare' Nintendo item I actually own is a Mario Bros Game & Watch, but surely it isn't as valuable as NWC. Oh, crap, I feel so horrible. :(

Mitsuhide on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

26, actually. One for the winner and one each for the 25 semifinalists.

However, the locations of all 26 of these carts are fairly well known. If it makes you feel better, Mitsuhide, the thing in that store was probably a counterfeit.

Maybe.

Daedalus on
  • MitsuhideMitsuhide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

probably a counterfeit.

Maybe.

Probably. But I had never seen a gold cart before. I'm assuming it isn't actual gold.

Mitsuhide on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Our house was broken into once when I was a kid, probably about 11-12 years ago. They completely sacked the house, flipped stuff over, cleared out cabinets, the place was trashed. My dog was (thank God) in her crate at the time in my parents' room, they obviously took a few swings at it to shut her up, flipped it and spun it around. It really was a miracle that she was alright, and really didn't suffer nearly as much psychological damage as we had feared. She was just a puppy at the time. She still freaks out whenever someone comes to the door, and she's terrified of scruffy men in hats, but beyond that she's the sweetest, most well-adjusted dog you could ever meet.

Anyway, obviously, they tore the shit out of the whole house looking for valuables. Except my room. There was no way they couldn't have noticed it, since they wrecked the room directly across the hall, but everything in my room was completely as it was when I had left. The door was open, and on my bookshelf in plain sight from the hall was my entire game collection, then worth probably close to $2000 in games and hardware. Even more amazing? I had been playing with my coin collection (worth a few hundred, at least) and it was all laid out on the floor in front of the door. There was no way they couldn't have seen it, but everything in my room was left exactly as it was.

Obviously, our lives were pretty messed up for a little while we recovered, but both my parents and I felt unbelievably lucky that my stuff wasn't touched, considering that it was probably worth more than everything else they took, combined.

I'll probably go to my grave wondering why they never touched my room. They obviously weren't "nice" robbers since they traumatized the shit out of a defenseless caged puppy, but still. Who knows.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!