As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TexasPAX

• Options
    Chief1138Chief1138 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Uh yeah, you definitely want to go casual here. You would look pretty silly in a blazer and tie on 6th street

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm down.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'll be there on the 6th.

monsterror on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i probably cant do march 6th, but if we have a set date for TexPaX i can fill out my PTO time now

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    flying saucer would be good. we might want to have an initial thing for the underage texans to participate iñbut I do feel weird hanging out with dudes that aren't allowed to drink by law...

What can you do in Austin besides drink and chase coeds in a creepy fashion? Wait: Double Dave's Pizza Buffet.

That's all I got.

You forgot shooting people in the head with a high-power rifle from the bell tower.

And as long as we have some advance notice, I'm pretty sure Darth, Tak and I can all caravan. Shit, if we don't have a place to stay, we can just drive home. It's like 2.5 hours away.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Grant is Austin really 2.5 hours away from Dallas, cuz if so then ,.... can i ride with you?

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    edited February 2007
    It's around 3 hours, but the time can vary quite a bit depending on when you make the drive...like if you try to go from austin to dallas on a friday afternoon you are pretty much fucked because of traffic

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Grant is Austin really 2.5 hours away from Dallas, cuz if so then ,.... can i ride with you?

2.5-3.5, depending on traffic on 35.

So I guess the question is: Do you have any of the following?
    _ Lice
    _ Leprosy
    _ AIDS
    _ Ebola

J. Grant on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    J. Grant wrote: »

_ Lice
    _ Leprosy
    _ AIDS
    _ Ebola

-no
    -no
    -maybe...er...no
    -no

Although the idea of riding all the way down there on my bike would be cool. But then again a forum carpool sounds more cool.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    edited February 2007

_ Lice
    _ Leprosy
    _ AIDS
    _ Ebola

-no
    -no
    -maybe...er...no
    -no

Then you can't ride with us, you slacker.
    Although the idea of riding all the way down there on my bike would be cool. But then again a forum carpool sounds more cool.

It probably would be. I'd suggest a late start, especially if we're heading down for a weekend. Friday Night traffic to Austin is always lighter after 11 pm.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If a carpool is in the works, I suggest we all take up smoking.

Wait....

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well, okay, but it aggravates my lice.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    And my AIDS, but you don't hear me bitching about it.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    It might be cool to see a show or something in Austin, but I doubt we could think of a group that most would give a shit about. I'm thinking random wandering of 6th street is our best bet for some shenanigans.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    If I went to Texas, I would demand barbecue.

Lots and lots of it. *drool*

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    If I went to Texas, I would demand barbecue.

Lots and lots of it. *drool*

Texas barbecue is it's own species; we use beef because it's so abundant, however, there are exceptions to the rule, like pork ribs.

Brisket, though, oh man.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I would get my mom to make a tub of potato salad. Shit, I might ask her to do that anyway. It is the best potato salad on the planet, no lie.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    It might be cool to see a show or something in Austin, but I doubt we could think of a group that most would give a shit about. I'm thinking random wandering of 6th street is our best bet for some shenanigans.

most of 6th street is bars and stuff, and they don't let underaged in on most nights

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Chief1138 wrote: »
    most of 6th street is bars and stuff, and they don't let underaged in on most nights

Goddammit, Austin has sure changed since Jenna Bush. Why I remember when you couldn't get carded unless you were puking your guts out on the hood of a patrol car while you were pissing on the tires.

Memories.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I've actually only been down there twice (both saturdays), and both times most of the joints had some gnarly lookin bouncer guarding the door with a sign that said "21+ only"

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Goddammit, Austin has sure changed since Jenna Bush. Why I remember when you couldn't get carded unless you were puking your guts out on the hood of a patrol car while you were pissing on the tires.

Memories.

Yeah, it's still like that, I dunno what Chief is talking about.

You can get into lots of places on 6th street if you're under 21, you just have to endure the shame of having a big fucking X on your hand.

We should all go to the dueling piano bar, at least. that place is fun.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I dunno. Most of the places I encountered were pretty clear about it, maybe I was looking in the wrong place. It also depends on what day you go I think

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You need to look for the seedier places. You know.

Down by the docks.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    6th street is a pretty badass place to hang out even if you don't really go in anywhere. It doesn't sound like there's that many people interested who are under 21 anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    MavinashMavinash Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dammit, I get back to Texas on the 9th. Curse you, mid-terms!

Mavinash on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    6th street is a pretty badass place to hang out even if you don't really go in anywhere. It doesn't sound like there's that many people interested who are under 21 anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter

I'm 20, with 10 months to go. So close...

Anyway, I'm concerned about how late the night would run. The day after will be a school day- though my classes don't start until 9:00.

Also, should we start posting pictures and stuff? We're going to need to be able to recognize each other. I already know what Khoo looks like, I think. From the comics.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would go. But since I'm under 21, tough shit!

I've been thinking of going to ACL this year if it's got some good people up there. If anybody else is interested, we should get something going for that time of the year.

And if I ever get my ass on making reservations, I'll be down in Port A sometime around the 12 - 18th. I think the last four days?

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I was under the impression that there would be eating at a restaurant involved. You don't need to be over 21 for that.

Or I hope you don't, because damn that would suck for me.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I mean, if you wanted to, you could come on down to San Antonio/Helotes area and I could give you a pretty quick tour of what a typical weekend looks like.

It involves a lot f blurs and potentially some headaches.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I would go. But since I'm under 21, tough shit!

I've been thinking of going to ACL this year if it's got some good people up there. If anybody else is interested, we should get something going for that time of the year.

And if I ever get my ass on making reservations, I'll be down in Port A sometime around the 12 - 18th. I think the last four days?

I keep thinking you're over 21. Man, ACL kicked my fucking ass the one year I went. Of course, I was also dealing with horrible whore girlfriend issues, but still, it was very hot. I might be up for it depending on the line up. Hmmm...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    Dead LEgend: the place we are going is a food place. no worries. you should come it will be super.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dead LEgend: the place we are going is a food place. no worries. you should come it will be super.

Don't trust him he only wants to blind you with opulence

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Unfortunately, it's the 6th. And that means I've got school. Given any chance of making it up to Austin for dinner after school is out is a no go, because Austin is a parking lot at 5 - 7. San Antonio is becoming the same way.

Cockblocked at every turn, senor.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The place we're going to with Khoo isn't a problem because it's just a restaurant, but for texPAX the age issue is probably something worth keeping in mind. There's plenty of stuff to do here though, I don't think finding something will be a problem

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The place we're going to with Khoo isn't a problem because it's just a restaurant, but for texPAX the age issue is probably something worth keeping in mind. There's plenty of stuff to do here though I don't thinking finding something will be a problem

I'm not sure if it's 18-and-up, but like I said, the dueling piano bar is great fun.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Unfortunately, it's the 6th. And that means I've got school. Given any chance of making it up to Austin for dinner after school is out is a no go, because Austin is a parking lot at 5 - 7. San Antonio is becoming the same way.

Cockblocked at every turn, senor.
    Yeah, middle of the week isn't such a great time for anyone that doesn't already live in Austin. I thought about going but it's right after I start working again.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Or everyone could road trip to Houston to help me move tomorrow. That'd be an amazing time I bet.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Man, how old do you have to be to help you move?

J. Grant on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Man, how old do you have to be to help you move?
    Fucker.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MAINER 3.0MAINER 3.0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm in. Let's all get high and play laser tag!

MAINER 3.0 on
    e1130cc97b22e51a13c9fb00ab1c3451.png