Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Presenting Kima! Your AI popstar...

2»

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NG Resonance approves of this thread.

Oh, tra la la la la, I think I'll fire the bitch! See you at my next concert!

steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    joshua1 wrote: »
    That miku video above is terrible. She doesn't even open her mouth to sing.

Hey, take it easy man.

This more like it?

Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Screw robots. Alien singers are the wave of the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4PMHt7vSE8

branching off topic but a quick question; what is she singing in the first part?

• ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    joshua1 wrote: »
    That miku video above is terrible. She doesn't even open her mouth to sing.

Hey, take it easy man.

This more like it?

I must say that the best part of that video is the Ronald McDonald in the bowling alley TV screens.

Really, an AI constructing music wouldn't be that hard. All you'd need is a modified LIZA program and a camera hooked up to an emotion reading program. Maybe some electrodes. After that, trial and error until a melody-emotion correlation can be found, and then the only trick is combining the melodies into a narrative.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tarranon: it's Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor.

XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not particularly a fan of music of today, mainly because most of it seems to be synthesized nonsense

i stopped reading here, because you've indicated you have nothing of value to say. come back when your head is a little less further stuck up your anus.

2»