As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mustachealalia++] MUSTACHES ALL THE TIME

• BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gary locks onto the PolUrson in a fully-clawed bear hug, gnashing his teeth and trying to ruin that poor bastards face.

"What made you think you could win? How did you cheat death?" Gary asks, spiraling high into the air, slamming the PolUrson into the ceiling.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tommy looks up, "Sgt. Pepper? Is that you?"

[24 vs. 13] [Tommy Loses One Draconid Rank] "It's Pepier, you insufferable tat!" the draconid screams slamming Tommy's head into the ground again.

DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OH BOY OH BOY DEAD UPDATED LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME

*sees that he only responded to Tommy*

*Tears his poster of Dead off the wall in a rage.*

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Drug market. Love market. Sometimes I wonder if they need me at all.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is a very strange turn of events.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "So it is you....", Tommy says, ignoring the pain.

"Then once again I must fight back"

Tommy suddenly flies upward, carrying the Sgt. with him. Upon reaching 5000 feet, Tommy does a few mid-air backflips before he suddenly flies down at a 90 degree angle, crashing into the ground like a meteor, and using Pepper's body to absorb the damage from the fall.

...and now we can cross Pokémon off our list of references.

Dead, how many Draconid ranks do I have left?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

Did you like my backstory Locth?
    Did you love it?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Tommy suddenly flies upward, carrying the Sgt. with him. Upon reaching 5000 feet, Tommy does a few mid-air backflips before he suddenly flies down at a 90 degree angle, crashing into the ground like a meteor, and using Pepper's body to absorb the damage from the fall.

Also The Beatles!

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think he just wanted to slam Tommy's head into the ground.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

Did you like my backstory Locth?
    Did you love it?

It was good Tommy.

It was very good.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited April 2009

Also The Beatles!

Yep!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    I feel better knowing that I'm not only one of us waiting in the shadows.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    I feel better that I'm not only one of us waiting in the shadows.

Always waiting

Always watching

Also I had thought that Anne didn't talk with the Kih'Tan accent, like she had been "humanized" or something.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    Wrawng, laddy. 'Tis the SECommisionar an' Tiger dat don'.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    Man, if Rex ends up dying here like it seems he's gonna, Speed's really gonna have been put through the emotional ringer.

Man, "going to have been" is a weird way to conjugate shit.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    Dubh doesn't even believe that's really his sister. This is gonna be a real tragedy if he kills her.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    I wish I could figure out a distinct voice for Locth. All you guys with your accents and speech patterns and whatnot.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited April 2009
    You'd use shorter sentences, with very direct phrasing. You're an arrogant bastard, start talking more like it.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    You'd use shorter sentences, with very direct phrasing. You're an arrogant bastard, start talking like it, god dammit!!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    You'd use shorter sentences, with very direct phrasing. You're an arrogant bastard, start talking more like it.

This is a good idea, I'll try it. Thanks Dubh

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited April 2009
    I feel like it suits your character more. It's worked whenever you've used it.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was thinking of picking up some rasta/jamacian slang for a while but i don't know if that would be weird to start all of a sudden.

NeoToma on
    edited April 2009
    At this point I think of Tomarli as generally being sort of slick-tongued.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    Matt needs a more individualized voice, in my opinion. But I think he's a better judge of that in this case than I can be.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    A little bit.
    I mean, Tommy is a total stoner, and he doesn't even speak in slang that often.
    I fact, he only uses words like man and dude occasionally.

[tiny]To Do List:
    -Use Bro more
    [/tiny]

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    I just really wanted to do the Pepier thing.

Moving on!

[Speed]
    Rex pats Speed's back. "I mean that I can survive here, against the emotional attacks of the Burning Tomorrow, the place where we are right now. I have a manceric cancellation circuit built into my suit, SpaceSEC special equipment, keeps the Tomorrow from having power over me. I can give it to you, you can end this, and then we can catch up. I've missed you, brother. We have a lot to talk about."

[Locth]
    "You think you're going to talk your way out of this? You think words will end this? NO! I want them back! That is how this will end - with me having them again."

[Dubh]
    [14 vs. 17] [Dubh Loses One Kih'Tan Rogue Rank] Anne dodges, leaps into the air, and comes down on Dubh with her biotic arm, spiking him into the pavement like a football. "Oi ken, an' she was a fecking hoor!"

[Tommy]
    [13 vs. 88] [Tommy Loses One Draconid Rank] Sergeant Pepier hits the ground and gets the wind knocked out of him, an opportunity he uses to release a massive blast of yellow fire from his mouth. [>>---] The blast throws Tommy across the glade, and through several trees, before he finally skids to a stop in a small crater of his own making.

[Loeli]
    Gold rushes down Loeli's arm as she delivers a wicked punch to the largest of the boxes supported by the golden-silver dust. A tendril of skorokov particles reaches up to stop the incoming fist, however, halting its motion. [19 vs. 19] [Tie]

[Tomarli]
    [29 vs. 26] [? Loses One ? Rank] The Marshie tries to dodge to the side, but Tomarli's unexpected attack is too quick for him. The blow sends him skittering to across the floor, bumping into one of the legs of the crowd towering around them.

[Gary]
    [25 vs. 13] [Urson Loses One Urson Rank] The white-furred Urson tears himself free of Gary's grasp, his snout torn apart, blood dripping down his chest. "There is vun ansver to both those questions," he growls, his words slurred by both his accent and his injuries. "THIS!"

He throws a hand out, a surge of golden dust rushing from his palm. Gary swats the dust aside and charges the Polar Urson, slashing off his right paw. [18 vs. 2] [Urson Loses One Goldblood Champion Rank] The Polar Urson lets out a horrible roar of pain and raw, seething hatred.

Goddamn Bear is getting the best rolls.

Also, friggin' PBwiki is down.

DE?AD on
    edited April 2009
    A little bit.
    I mean, Tommy is a total stoner, and he doesn't even speak in slang that often.
    I fact, he only uses words like man and dude occasionally.

[tiny]To Do List:
    -Use Bro more
    [/tiny]

I'll kill you.

Matt's voice works alright for me. He talks like a generic hero. Really articulate, really polite.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    I'm going to introduce an incredibly important NPC who speaks in nothing but Hawaiian Pidgin.

DE?AD on
    edited April 2009
    ARRGGG DEAD HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS WITHOUT BLOWING UP GOD DAMMIT

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Gary is kicking the fucking shit out of his boss.

Speed eyes Rex with concern.

"I'll take your special equipment on the condition that you promise me that we'll see each other again at the end of this. If protecting me from emotional torment is the goal to which you're working then you had better not let me lose my big brother again so soon after finding him."

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    Everytime I come up with a cool attack, she fucking makes her roll.

Dubh stabs knives into Anne's foot and delivers a crushing kick from a backwards hand spring.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2009
    Tommy: Well, for one, you do have two meters, one of which you've never used.

DE?AD on
    edited April 2009
    GIVE ME A HINTTTTT
    EDIT: Wait, what?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2009
    ARRGGG DEAD HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS WITHOUT BLOWING UP GOD DAMMIT

Roll better?

Alternatively, trick him into blowing himself up.

Worse comes to worse, draw him in close and blow yourself up, and we'll figure out some way to save you.

Out of curiosity, how much were two talking to each other about Pepier in advance? Did Tommy just make everything up about him on the spot in that flashback, or did the two of you work him out through PM previously?

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    GIVE ME A HINTTTTT
    EDIT: Wait, what?

You haven't blown any fire.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    That was all Tommy.

Also, Tommy, you've only ever used Theo-Naturalist so far.

DE?AD on
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gary lets out a hearty chuckle.

"It's like ...fighting..candy...from a ..bab- you know what I mean - you have just been dissed," Gary says, unsheathing his saber and attempting to plunge it deep into the heart of the bear who would not die

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    That was all Tommy.

Also, Tommy, you've only ever used Theo-Naturalist so far.

Huh, okay!

I only asked because he made reference to the academy before Tommy posted the flashback.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2009
    "Stupid. I tried to reason with you." Locth throws a handful of skorokov in her face, ordering them take control of her brain.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Also Dead I'm glad that Racer X just exposed himself immediately instead of having some silly "Pops never told you about your brother" moment.

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.