Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Microsoft store in Boston has at least 25-30 non pre-order systems. Gamestops around here assurred me the would have some extra on hand. I'm in the top 10 and got my ticket already guaranteeing me a day one system. I'm stoked cuz I figured I'd get the regular version.
Waiting at my Microsoft store. It's inside and warm. Free snacks, drinks, and some Xbox swag. Also some giveaways of games / accessories later. This totally beats waiting in the freezing cold until 8:00 am like me half a dozen years ago.
Yea well I work 60+ hours a week and I don't have time to be a fat nerd anymore and hang out on the internet all month waiting to dutchdoor a website. So how the frack does one go about getting a couple of 3 day badges now? will there be more? am I fracked? should they do a better job selling tickets? Who really HAS these answers anyway?
1. Time shouldn't really be a factor if you're interested in fat loss. Simply eat less calories than your maintenance amount. Since you will be eating less, this coincides perfectly with your lack of time. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. Ideally you will be lifting weights while doing this to maintain lean muscle mass. Cardio is optional, as its primary purpose is to speed up the process, but you can always just eat less.
2. You only had to hang out on the internet from 12:00pm to 12:20pm to get 3-day badges. That is not quite a month, but I appreciate your hyperbole.
3. You hang out on the internet for 20 minutes, click the registration link listed on the first post of this thread, or from various twitter accounts. You then sit in queue for anywhere between 0 and 15 minutes. Finally, you complete the purchase process.
4. Someone at Penny Arcade will manually check suspicious activity and cancel badges. Those badges will be resold at a later date. Don't count on twitter for the resale notification. You have to be vigilant.
5. You are not fracked. You can also purchase badges through 3rd party means. It looks like the market value for 3day badges will settle around $200.
I missed the sale on Friday, so now I'm in the market for a Hanna pin. I have quite a few doubles available for trade. I'd also be willing to just straight up purchase one. Let me know what you're missing and maybe we can work something out.