Lolken

Badgers

About

Banned
Username
Lolken
Joined
Visits
559
Last Active
Roles
Registered User, __BANNED USERS, Dumbasses
Points
84
Badgers
1
Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lolken ·

About

Banned
Username
Lolken
Joined
Visits
559
Last Active
Roles
Registered User, __BANNED USERS, Dumbasses
Points
84
Badgers
1
  • Re: [Industry Thread] is getting better, unlike the Vita's outlook. Read the OP.

    Lorek wrote: »
    Spoiler:

    I was curious about this so I ran the dates..

    From release of Morrowind, took about 6 months for Tribunal to come out, and then 7 months from that for Bloodmoon.
    From Skyrim's release, it took 7 months until the Xbox release date, and then 2-and-a-bit months for Hearthfire.

    So either the workload is a lot bigger, the teams are a lot smaller.. or Expansions definitely seem to be the way to go here to get more content faster...

    I used to be cautiously optimistic about DLC. I mean, Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost & Damned are expansion packs in all but name, and RDR: UN is a really awesome expansion pack.

    Lair of the Shadow Broker is absolutely gorgeous.

    However.

    However.

    DLC has been, in a whole, poisonous for the industry. The "average" DLC is an overpriced hackjob, or content that was on disk that you have to pay twice to own (shame on you Capcom). Some are stuff that were discarded as the project moved along - and, if Heavy Rain's Taxidermist is any indication, it was discarded thanks to a fucking reason - it sucked .

    This, unfortunately, affects even Bioware and Rockstar, the companies that I previously held to be examples; LA Noire's DLCs are disjointed and mediocre, while Leviathan is terribly overpriced (lore should not a DLC make).

    Edit: Holy shit it's TNC
    Lolken on
    Commodore75
  • Re: Pen and Paper and [chat]

    what reeks of power relationships, eddy, is you using the same phrase to demand academic credentials as you would to demand verification of identity from a soon-to-be political prisonor

    because it's the same thing

    you curséd instrument of hegemony

    I think "confusing academic insult or uncommon / rare black M:tG creature?" could be a game.

    Orthodoxian Conformist Monstrosity
    Deceptive Nihilist Engine

    Yawning Maw of Capitalism
    The Spectre Over Europe
    Derridean Différance Engine

    Foucaultian Necropotence

    Power extends its grip even beyond death
    Lolken on
    Eddy
  • Re: The Thrilla Surrounded by Vanilla [VP Debate]: This Time It's POTUSonal

    Kana wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    oh jeez, I really need to avoid communicating with strangers on twitter about politics.

    @AriDavidUSA
    #Biden laughed at the idea that an Iranian nuclear weapon incinerating our children. I can think of nothing more unfunny than that

    is what i had to respond to because it was at best willfully ignoring not only facts but also anything that actually happened during that segment of the debate to spread some bullshit boogeyman fear. I called him out on speaking for 'our children,' which is still my generation for another year before my demographic changes.

    he followed with

    @AriDavidUSA
    I have children and their incineration is what worries me the most of all the things out government can prevent

    I then stopped responding because this is frankly insane and I've realized that regardless of what the media has said, the bases will take what they want from this and only a few people will change their stances based on logic ever.

    apparently he's an actual journalist/actor/attempted politician in S.Cal.

    Anyone with so tenuous of a grasp of reality that they think Iran is developing a nuclear weapons program in order to incinerate American children is not worth listening to.

    And you know, considering Iranian history, I cannot blame them for one second for attempting to build a "don't fucking invade us" machine.

    Yeah, wtf lesson were the Iranians supposed to take away from the Iraq war?

    Besides, A) Iran still doesn't have missiles to reach the US anyway, so America getting nuked is a moot point
    and, B) Iran isn't a bunch of crazy revolutionaries, they know that if they launched a nuke against someone their whole country would be flattened to dust

    What the Iranian government cares about is staying in power, not religious war. And Iraq showed them that there's only one obvious rule there: If America doesn't like you then you need WMD, and then never give them up

    Well see, the thing you're missing is that we need to care about Israel more than we care about our own security.

    I like Israel as much as the next guy, but some of the rhetoric coming from these guys is fucking treasonous.

    I like Israel as much as the next guy, but fuck if their government isn't fascist.
    shrykelonelyahavaLord_AsmodeusHacksaw
  • Re: 8 [chat]

    Kids, juggling knives and cigars is dangerous
    ronya
  • Re: The [2012 Presidential Election] Thread Needs Moar Panic, Less Stacey...Dash? Who the...?

    Lolken wrote: »
    Lolken wrote: »
    This Libya thing is looking bad for Obama and seems to be getting a lot of play. That plus the debate worries me. I know w always say the debates can't decide the presidency, but I'm starting to wonder if Romney could actually win if he keeps this momentum.

    While I don't think Romney has the momentum he seems to (I think the polls over the next few days are going to normalize to pre-conventions and we'll get a closer election-just as I was saying in August and early September than we had hoped over the last couple weeks), I do worry about people who don't pay attention taking this Libya shit at face value.

    A competent candidate could absolutely cream the president. Romney is not that candidate. Everything he talks about Libya he shits the bed, so I'm not as worried as I might be with literally any sane person.

    FTFY. "Any other Republican" includes Santorum, Palin, Bachmann and a beastiary of madmen and ne'er-do-wells.

    I know, and I think that they'd all be better at this than Romney.

    I have absolutely no respect for that man or anything he does.

    God dammit, AMFE. You're making me defend Romney, of all people. He's better at this than any other opponent he had at the primaries. Obviously, this is like a one-legged man saying he can play soccer better than a double amputee, but the point still stands

    Respectfully I disagree. He was not better at this than any of them. He simply had more money and was more palatable for the party elders than the rest of them.

    Ok, we'll agree to disagree, but I had the worst of this exchange. I defended Mitt Romney, someone please shoot me .
    AManFromEarthSolomaxwell6