As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] Patch 2.0 drops, Pyros still underpowered

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a camel being shoved through the eye of a needle.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

Seasons one, two, three and four now available on VHS!

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently five (!) missions happening simultaneously:

[The Eye of the Sandstorm] [Dubh, scarlet st., VALVEjunkie, Zanzibar] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Nearby the Raider camp there is a perpetual sandstorm, a never-ending spire of dust, wind and grit marring the landscape. Your mission is to find the "eye" of this supernatural storm, investigate the phenomena, and keep an eye out for any dangers or allies that might be found in this inhospitable terrain.
Unlocked Ads: [Gritty], [Muad'Dib]

[The Cliffs of Insanity] [Squall, Raneados, Antimatter, Lockout, romanqwerty, Tommy2Hands] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Description: The Raider camp appears to be situated on the top of a tremendous cube, a suspicious geographic formation at best, Inconceivable! Your mission is to go to the nearby cliffs and explore them for possible dangers, boons, and safe places to scale or descend the cliffs.
Unlockable Ads: [Acrobat], [Death From Above], [Scale the Foe]

[Mayfield is Undead] [Krosius, Marshmallow, Shabooty, Cheeseliker, DontShootToasters]
Description: "The Roof", the tippy top of the Clark Tower just barely juts above the desert near the Raider Camp. A few refugees have come to the camp, bearing stories of a buried city, mutated monsters, and the rotten trappings of a civilization devestated. However, there may be valuable items and scrap to be found, and information to be gathered. A group must be sent to further explore the ruins of Mayfield, and bring word of possible enemies or benefits back to the Raider Camp.
Unlockable Ads: [Tunnel Lord], [Adept Looter], [No Fear]

[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St.]
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads: ???

[The Chopper Block] [MISSION COMPLETE] [Dux]
Description: You've been tasked with taking out an entire military complex with a few irRADiated bullets to steal a helicopter for reasons unknown. Why the hell not?
Unlockable Ads: [Against All Ods] [Unilateral Damage]

[The Ink Spots] [NeoToma, Firetruck, Speed Racer] [SIDEQUEST COMPLETE]
Description: You're travelling on a floating tank with a sociopath. The obvious course of action is to find civilized life, and more importantly, a tattoo parlor, because looking good is what's important in the wasteland.
Unlockable Ads: [Scissor Sisters] [City Slicker]

[The Deluge] [Viscount Islands]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You just got the shit kicked out of you by the most rag-tag group of wasters ever, have no idea where you are, and to top it all off you're being possessed by a homicidal freak of nature who only views you as a tool to be discarded later. Try to look at the bright side though! Nah, there is no bright side, it's rainy as fuck.
Unlockable Ads: [Quadrophenia] [Ah yes, "Freakers"]

Ads that we missed the chance to unlock: [Acrobat], [Death from Above], [Iron Blood], [Expert Forager], [Charmer], [Shank], [Burglar], [Sandworm Rider]

Squall on

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    tDe?ad what's the word on my DLC purchase

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield] - Phys 3 [] Soc 2 [] Ment 3 color=red][/color |[/color

"You mean I found you silly!" Chuck follows Chet, while bouncing his soccer ball on his knees

"Hopefully they have peanut butter and jelly with the crusts cut off!" at the thought of his favorite lunchtime snack the tiny freaker rushes ahead and bursts into the store, mouth agape

reposting my action for convenience

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Cliffs recap, did the birdthing manage to make it away with CRABBY & Styx or just Styx?

romanqwerty on
    edited February 2010
    so hard to do a recap since we can't quote it haha

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    woo new thread

VALVEjunkie on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Cliffs recap, did the birdthing manage to make it away with CRABBY & Styx or just Styx?

styx is in its clutches, crabby is riding it like some sort of mechanized bovine

Squall on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield is Undead]
    [phys 4][Soc 2][Ment 2]
    Wounds:COLOR="Sienna"]==[/COLOR Bruises:COLOR="Red"][/COLOR RADS: [ST]

Jayce looks around the barren bookstore, shrugs, and slithers out whispering "Stationary, then?"

The hell is going to be in stationary? What even is that? Don't....er...didn't people just right on normal paper?

He enters the stationary store, looking for anything that they could loot.

[Mayfield]

Dan grabs the bottle and the cigars.

Fuck yeah. Finally.

He suddenly realizes how disgusting it is that he's been chewing the same old cigar for weeks and tosses the thing away, spitting the bad taste out. He takes a swig from the bottle and it burns down his throat oh so nicely. He takes note if there are any back doors or anything before heading back outside. He holds the cigars and whiskey up in the air and grunts to his companions. He places the items in his lap and then Throws his hands up in the air, totally indicating to everyone that they should p-a-a-rty! He figures they all could use a drink after what just happened, except for Chuck of course. Dan smirked as he thought of Henry's face if he saw Dan offering the kid booze.

[Mayfield] - Phys 2 [] Soc 4 [] Ment 2 [-] [| ]

I follow Jayce back out into the courtyard, seems whoever looted the bookstore did us a favor. We won't have to cart any books back to the lobby because, hey, they're likely already there.

Let's see, there was also a bunch of memory sticks and such right? Those were probably looted from the building we just came out of. I wonder if he would've looted the third floor as well? Given just how crazy our mystery looter was about getting information (emptying a whole bookstore, really?) it seems quite likely.

I opt to stay outside the stationary shop while Jayce explores it, when Dan comes from his building bearing alcohol and a cheery disposition I smile and wave, stepping over to view his bounty.

"Nice work! I wonder how those missed getting looted?"

[Henry->Cecil: You done fighting yet? The issue down here cleared up, and I got the id of the dude who was doing it. Also, we're starting to find some stuff so if there's any specific requests from you folks, let me know.]

[Mayfield]Phys 2 [=] Soc 2 [] Ment 4 [] [|||]

"Well, this is a bust. Let's go to the sandwich place, Chuck. Maybe we'll having better luck there." Chet sighs as he leaves the Chinese place. "All that work for nothing. But at least we found you, eh Chuck?"

Chuck goes into the sandwich shop, but not before using his pack to wave at Henry.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited February 2010
    So I'm on episode 7 of gurren lagann and I think I'd enjoy it a whole lot more if the character aspects and parts of shows that parody other anime themes and tendencies were played up a bit more.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hey, at least you're giving it a chance, Scarlet

also: almost better

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spots recap:

-Sydney bitched about the lack of Lay's chips.
    -The Bro spent two of six rad while double-checking that they didn't miss some Lay's in order to create some.
    -The Ocean king offered to hire The Bro as the camp shaman, but the Bro hasn't responded yet. I'm waiting for the Sydney action to play out first just to make sure we have a sensible order of events.

Speed Racer on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I'm on episode 7 of gurren lagann and I think I'd enjoy it a whole lot more if the character aspects and parts of shows that parody other anime themes and tendencies were played up a bit more.

You gotta admit though, the part where they first try to combine is pretty great.

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I told DE?AD to base the Human abilities off of Dune

crossing my fingers on that

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    How many shops are left in Mayfield anyway

Is it just the stationary store and sandwich shop or was there another restaurant to check?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that's it. After that, I guess we head back to Clark tower empty handed or try our hand at the Zoo.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spots recap:

-Sydney bitched about the lack of Lay's chips.
    -The Bro spent two of six rad while double-checking that they didn't miss some Lay's in order to create some.
    -The Ocean king offered to hire The Bro as the camp shaman, but the Bro hasn't responded yet. I'm waiting for the Sydney action to play out first just to make sure we have a sensible order of events.

also also

-the Ocean King used Master Planner to ensure the store was looted efficiently and completely

Fire Truck on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Did you want the Whore's Armor or the Warren's Crepes adventure? Either way, you paid enough for both yourself and R.B.

DE?AD on
    edited February 2010
    Hey Dubh, what do you want to do now that Henry's heard from Cecil about medicine?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    [On the Road Again]

Dusty starts the Mothertrucker and takes off- along with anybody who wants to join- trying to locate a hospital.

-First stop: anywhere on the cube that hasn't been explored yet

-second stop: around the cube edge, looking for a way down

-third: if no edge presents itself, do a jump and land the Mothertrucker with the new thrusters

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited February 2010
    look anyway

it's about time we explored a little more

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited February 2010
    [The Cliffs][The Cap'n]
    Phys 4 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Tough COLOR="Red"][/COLOR [/B][/COLOR

The Captain turns around just in time to see two of his crew disappear down into the dirt along with an avian monstrocity.

"Arr, get back 'ere with me crew ya overgrown excuse for a polly."

The Captain "dismounts" his wormthing and then proceeds to jump down the hole left by the departing monster, swinging, biting, punching, kicking and screaming at any and every-thing he sees.

romanqwerty on
    edited February 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »

Did you want the Whore's Armor or the Warren's Crepes adventure? Either way, you paid enough for both yourself and R.B.

equipment is tempting, but I've always hated DLC equipment. Out of principle, I think I'm gonna have to go for the adventure!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Editted a copy of everyone else's actions in mayfield in my post earlier on this page.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited February 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    look anyway

Right on. Let's bring those car keys too. Who did Irmin give them to again? Wanna investigate the car alarm in the desert. I hope that whoever has them left them at the camp before they went off on an adventure!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    look anyway

Right on. Let's bring those car keys too. Who did Irmin give them to again? Wanna investigate the car alarm in the desert. I hope that whoever has them left them at the camp before they went off on an adventure!

Gave them to Dusty.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rane and I have the other two sets

but I don't think anyone who wasn't in mayfield part one knows that my character has them

Squall on
    edited February 2010
    Rock'n'roll, then. Soon as Wolf gets the helicoptor rotor he's gonna hop on the Mothertrucker Beta and join Dusty.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Update may be a bit late/delayed until tomorrow. I'm working on the megapatch.

DE?AD on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't believe updates take you an hour or more.

It makes me feel so guilty.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited February 2010
    I know, right?

DE?AD on
    edited February 2010
    DLC through guilt

genius

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited February 2010
    I know, right?

DE?AD on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    An hour isn't so bad.

I just can't imagine how you keep getting superb ideas day after day.

Marshmallow on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Cliffs] recap
    Squall wrote: »
    CRABBY: Ride robutt-crushing beast like a mechanical bull
    Lockout wrote: »
    [Cliffs] [Raaargh-Bargle] Phys 4 (x2) [] Soc 2 [] Ment 2 []
    ||--[/COLOR

[Tough] [BSs][||]
    [Tough] [WSs][|]
    [Scrap Armor] [Ah][|-]

R.B. looks around the tunnel, not seeing friends Sticks and CRABBY anywhere. Studying the hole for a moment, he reaches a conclusion: they must have been taken by the awful thing that scared the worms.

He looks back at Jack, giving the mutant a chance to dismount if he'd rather not aid a rescue. He then gives his trusty steed a reassuring pat before charging into the breach upon the mighty sandworm.
    Raneados wrote: »
    [The Cliffs of Insanity] [Jack Helical] Phys 3 [] Soc 2 [] Ment 3 []
    ||--[/COLOR

[Natural Weapon] [W+1][+2][B:6,6]
    [Speed][2]

Jack enters the cavern with RB on the back of the worm. The robots are nowhere to be seen. What is rather unsettling is the giant hole in the ground. There's torn dirt, and the hole is gigantic and messy. Much unlike the holes the worms make.

Something big and clumsy made this hole. And RB's been with me the whole time...

Jack guessed from RB's warbling that the robots would be in here, but alas.

After a second, Jack makes up his mind

He pats RB on the shoulder and nods comradely. Have to help the robots. Especially his fellow skitterer. Jack stays with RB.

At least the kid and the pirate probably aren't going to get into trouble

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited February 2010
    roman, you need to decide whether you're with jimothy on the surface doing whatever or R.B. and Jack down below, going to rescue Sticks and CRABBY

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited February 2010
    [The Cliffs][The Cap'n]
    Phys 4 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Tough COLOR="Red"][/COLOR [/B][/COLOR

The Captain turns around just in time to see two of his crew disappear down into the dirt along with an avian monstrocity.

The Captain "dismounts" his wormthing and then proceeds to jump down the hole left by the departing monster, swinging, biting, punching, kicking and screaming at any and every-thing he sees.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited February 2010
    wait when did Jim get up to the surface? Trying to catch up on the cliffs, but havin a hard time

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, i'm diving headfirst down a giant hole. Like all good problems, this one can be solved by jumping on it.
    One of the reward Ads for this mission fits the Cap'n perfectly.

romanqwerty on
    edited February 2010
    Rock'n'roll, then. Soon as Wolf gets the helicoptor rotor he's gonna hop on the Mothertrucker Beta and join Dusty.

no idea how you're getting that helicopter blade

trying to dickery it into existence?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited February 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    [The Cliffs][The Cap'n]

oh my bad, completely missed that

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited February 2010

no idea how you're getting that helicopter blade

trying to dickery it into existence?

that's what the three RAD is for yeah. didn't think it'd be really that much of a stretch given i'm searching through Dusty's workshop. Dude's a desert scavenger. Otherwise I'll procure one of Husc's >.>

e: ugh we have no alcohol. watching Gurren sober is a little more boring.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.