As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] At the Mountains of RADness

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a camel being shoved through the eye of a needle.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

Seasons now available for gold or silver on Divx: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently four missions happening simultaneously:

[Mayfield is Undead] [Krosius, Marshmallow, Shabooty, Cheeseliker, DontShootToasters] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: "The Roof", the tippy top of the Clark Tower just barely juts above the desert near the Raider Camp. A few refugees have come to the camp, bearing stories of a buried city, mutated monsters, and the rotten trappings of a civilization devestated. However, there may be valuable items and scrap to be found, and information to be gathered. A group must be sent to further explore the ruins of Mayfield, and bring word of possible enemies or benefits back to the Raider Camp.
Unlockable Ads: [Tunnel Lord], [Adept Looter], [No Fear]

[The Deluge] [Viscount Islands, Dux] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You just got the shit kicked out of you by the most rag-tag group of wasters ever, have no idea where you are, and to top it all off you're being possessed by a homicidal freak of nature who only views you as a tool to be discarded later. Try to look at the bright side though! Nah, there is no bright side, it's rainy as fuck.
Unlockable Ads: [Quadrophenia] [Ah yes, "Freakers"]

[Wagons... East!] [Neotoma, Dubh, Tommy2Hands, Romanqwerty, Speed Racer, VALVEjunkie] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada, and whatever other country that landed nearby.
Description: It's time to leave the cube and find a place to move Raider Camp to. Water, RAD sources, and new friends would be just swell.
Unlockable Ads: [To Boldly Go], [500 Miles], [Mission from God]

[Mayfield is Probably Dead] [Firetruck, scarlet st., Lockout, Raneados, Squall, Antimatter, Thor4242] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location:Deep underground, in the ruins of Mayfield.
Description:The Mayfield team has been gone too long. It's time to confirm their status as KIA, MIA, or totally fabulous.
Unlockable Ads: [Leave no Man Behind], [Dungeon Master], [Totally Fabulous]

[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St.]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads: ???

Ads that we missed the chance to unlock: [Acrobat], [Death from Above], [Iron Blood], [Expert Forager], [Charmer], [Shank], [Burglar]

Squall on

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Wait,

So are we still going down on our rescue mission? So far as I know, the hospital is still surrounded by those Hyenish, and the group is still largely injured.

Ok, screw it.

[Wagons... East!]
    Estimated Location: Western Nevada, and whatever other country that landed nearby.
    Description: It's time to leave the cube and find a place to move Raider Camp to. Water, RAD sources, and new friends would be just swell.
    Unlockable Ads: [To Boldly Go], [500 Miles], [Mission from God]

Exploring, if I've understood it correctly, are:

Sydney, Dusty, Jimothy, Eli, The Bro, Cecil,

[Mayfield is Probably Dead]
    Estimated Location: Deep underground, in the ruins of Mayfield.
    Description: The Mayfield team has been gone too long. It's time to confirm their status as KIA, MIA, or totally fabulous.
    Unlockable Ads: [Leave no Man Behind], [Dungeon Master], [Totally Fabulous]

With the Ocean King:

Wolf, R.B., Jack (I've made some executive decisions, if you all are alright with that. It'll likely be a short mission and we can catch up with the exploring group.)

This leaves Clams, Bob, Nolan, STYX, and CRABBY to make a decision.

maaaan I really want to see new places instead of retreading Mayfield again

but R.B. would be all about rescuin' folks, so I guess I'm down

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Squall, Sandworm Rider got unlocked, just not in its original mission

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited March 2010
    actually that part of the OP is probably unnecessary, dunno why I added it exactly

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    gasp

also the trip to Mayfield should be short and sweet

with lots of hyena murderin'

should be

Squall on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want to visit Mayfield, actually, but Sydney needs some adult supervision

also, Jimothy's proposed arm
    [Razorclaw Arm][W+1][Special: Can function as a normal arm and a hand, doing everything a spider hand can do. THE CLAW: 6, 6: the claws strike a deep wound, dealing additional bleeding damage next round and latching on to the opponent. 1, 1, 1: the claw attacks the wearer instead.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited March 2010
    we'll run into a Psycher who the party swiftly dispatches

but then he Mind-Thiefs R.B.

hilarity ensues

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited March 2010
    graffiti_claw.jpg

Squall on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mostly, I just want to see Jimothy battling with his own hand for dominance

"The RAD is bl-bl- AUGH GREEN!"

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    B]Deluge[/B
    T.H.M: Phys 4 ||:[] Ment 3:[] Soc 1: []

Pain rushes over me like a storm a knives. Never felt anythin' like it, He removes the hurt, but keeps the pain. I fall ta my knees. The shock ta my system jogs a few lost mem'ries, old skills forgotten 'cause a disuse. Might be useful now, though.

"Fucking hell, that hurt like a sonuvabitch." I'm patched up, good as new. "I guess I'll get goin', don't wanna keep pretty boy waitin'." I stand up, get to the helicopter, start it up and follow Makali to our destination.

T.H.M. Gains Hitman(Rank 2: Contract killer).

Dux on
    edited March 2010
    yeah maybe Jimothy can be useful in a fight next time :P
    <3 Tommy

Squall on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thing is, Jimmy would've been a beast in that fight, given that the creature had such a low Mental.

DE?AD on
    edited March 2010
    Tommy continues to disappoint

Squall on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You guys realize Mayfield is pretty much over right?

Also who the hell was Farth in Mayfield? I wasn't paying attention.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You guys realize Mayfield is pretty much over right?
    We do, yes, but our characters don't.

Antimatter on
    edited March 2010
    getting out of mayfield might get interesting- both groups will probably combine for one mission

plus, I know there's a good handful of epitaph battles to do

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We still haven't seen epitaths of

-Dubh
    -Gary
    -Loeli
    -Tommy
    -Matt
    -Jo'marli
    -Dux

These characters didn't see it through to the Signet Saga but could potentially still show up:
    -Lo'li
    -Foghorne
    -...I know there was one or two more but I can't remember them. Oh well.

Speed Racer on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Delugel]
    Makali: Phys 1 \||||[] Soc 3[] Ment 4(Telekineticx2)[] RAD color=lime][/color

Makali floats purposefully down to the seemingly inhabited building and finds a way inside, breaking a window if need be.

"Hi!" He says brightly to the world as he enters, flashing a charming smile.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2010
    I hope Matt and Dubh are fighting each other when found
    whatever DE?AD has planned, it'll be good

Antimatter on
    edited March 2010
    from the last thread

[Raider Camp]

Dusty takes a few measurements of Jimothy's good arm and walks back to the workshop to start the initial construction of a new arm.

Ingredients:
    x3 1" diameter sections of conduit
    x4 rolls of medical tape
    x1 bottle of canola oil
    x6 phalanges of a deep avian variety
    x1 bottle of superglue
    x1 scuba flipper
    Directions:
    1. Using the superglue, adhere conduit pieces to resemble skeletal structure of a human (or inhuman) arm
    2. Each "joint" should be sealed against leaks
    3. Plug the bottom of the "arm" with superglue
    4. Once glue is dry, fill conduit sections with canola oil- leaving 2" at the top to seal with superglue
    5. when glue dries, wrap entire arm with medical tape leaving no surface bare
    6. prepare scuba flipper by sawing off 3/4 of flipper and cutting three small holes- two along the front and one beneath
    7. Glue phalanges into pairs and, once dry, insert each pair into one hole
    8. secure flipper to replacement arm with glue, and to patient with any preferred means

Bonus!:
    Kids love drawing on the medical tape. Bring markers to turn a craft project into two craft projects!

Since its acquisition, the workshop had rapidly imprinted to Dusty. Beneath the glow of the Christmas lights, in a pile at Dusty's feet, over a dozen crayon and colored pencil drawn pictures lay. Some were schematics, others were of people- mostly from Raider Camp. He tended to spend most of his time alone- "people-persons" could handle the shouting outside. At the back of the workshop, in a Aston Martin missing its wheels, was Dusty's "bedroom." Windows had been covered up, from the inside, with more drawings of Raider Camp and its inhabitants. The inside stank with the smell of sand, spice, and motor oil.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Sydney McGee] Phys (2) \\\ l Soc (2) Ment (4x2)
    color=lime]ll---[/color
    [Mega-Brain](1 rank)
    [Whore's Armor] (+1 to social where applicable)

"That's cool." I sigh in relief.

"I only ask because sometimes....I just like, lose control. Like, it feels like I'm not using the fire but the fire is like using me? If that makes any sense." I regain my composure. "Normally I don't care about that sort of thing, but if I"m starting to forget my rampages then, well that could be the start of a problem."

"Anyway, I think we should go west. As everyone knows, shit gets crazier the further away you are from open water. Great Plains? More like Crazytown U.S. I'm pretty sure at least that hasn't changed just because of the Crash. Also, heading for the coast just feels like a very post-apocalyptic thing to do."

We should take something smaller than the Mothertrucker. Conserve our gas for moving the camp.

How is he planning of moving this anyway.

Towards the Ocean and hopefully fertile ground sounds like a good plan. I wonder what side of The Rockies we are on. The Crash probably wouldn't teleport a whole mountian range? Right, probably not.

NeoToma on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm just waiting for Rane to post so I can be sure he's cool with going down to Mayfield. Then we're off.

Fire Truck on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Wagons East][Eli][Phys (2) Soc (2) Ment (4) RAD(|||)]

Eli begins making preparations to eventually move this camp and find a better one. He knows of one thing that would be particularly useful in this scenario:
    BINOCULARS
    1) Bend some sheet metal to resemble a bowl shape.
    2)sprinkle a small amount of sand into the center.
    3)heat with pyro to turn the sand into glass
    4)scrape of waste product from the top.
    5)repeat 2-4 4 times to make 4 lenses.
    6)Bend sheet metal into two open cylinders.
    7)Wedge 2 lenses firmly in one end.
    8) wrap other 2 lenses in metal with small amount protruding.
    9)carve slice down 75% of the cylinders for protuding metal to hang out allowing device to be focused.
    10)attach two cylinders together at requisite distance apart.

romanqwerty on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If his phalla thing is anything to go by, Rane will be gone a while.

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2010
    [Camp]
    Before joining the others on the quest to Mayfield, Sticks browses around the camp for a chair, one with a loose, easily removable leg.

Antimatter on
    edited March 2010
    Mayfield seems like a great place to try out your new flight capabilities Anti

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    It should be
    unless I'm shot down by anti-air missiles and rendered unconscious again

Antimatter on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If his phalla thing is anything to go by, Rane will be gone a while.

In that case

[The Ocean King] Phys 3 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]llll[/COLOR Soc 3 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]llll[/COLOR Ment 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]llll[/COLOR

RAD COLOR="Lime"]l[/COLOR

The Ocean King stood calmly, an eye in the storm of preparation taking place around him. Let others scramble, he thought. They know what they need to know.

In almost no time at all, The Ocean King was leading his team away from the safety of the camp into violent uncertainty. He was pleased. Upon reaching the roof of the tower he organized his troops.

"We descend....We descend into the unknown...But you must know that we seek a treasure for which I would gladly brave mountain, sea, and truck stop bathroom to acquire...The trust of our comrades...It will not be broken...Against it, all enemies will falter and break like the dogs they are...For together we will create a new world!"

At that, the Ocean King swung himself down the hatch on the roof of the tower, leading from the front as he explored deeper.

Fire Truck on
    edited March 2010
    What.

Why would Mayfield be a great place to use flight abilities?

It's underground. The roof is like 10 feet up.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarcasm

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited March 2010
    woosh

edit: damnit Toasters you're off of my birthday list

Squall on
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Completely worth it

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    holy fuck guys

also, dubh what would that even look like jesus

Jimothy just walking around dragging a fucking pipe with like six joints and knives jutting out of the end

Also, dead that's why I made sure jimothy apologized

he"s smart enough to realize that he probably could have destroyed big bird

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    you know Cecil or Jim could probably get in contact with Henry

Henry might even be able to give RB an approximate location for him to dig down with the sandworms

it would definitely save you guys some time

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    [Camp]

<I suppose, though that doesn't mean I won't be keeping my mind's eye on you>, Jim replys with a grin as Syd walks off

<Yeah, I've been getting stronger too>

He cuts the connection

She did make a good point though, and I guess the camp would be headed in same direction I'm going, so I might as well sick with the group for just a little while longer

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    so why doesn't telepathy have a maximum range?

I can understand the subneural network, but if robonet connection is ranged, then why isn't telepathy?

Also if telepathy isn't ranged, does that mean you can use trickster and the like from anywhere as long as you've met the person?

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, my little sister is retarded.

I didn't stay out and watch the puppies eat or some shit and she's having her period over it and just staring at me.

Like it's supposed to unnerve me.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2010
    hey squall

shut the fuck upppppp

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    alt post: because real brains don't require wireless connections

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Haha, now she brings up random points against me or some shit.

You're twelve bitch.

Shut up.

"You're always on the computer! It distracts you!"

Yes, I guess I'm just computering it away the ten hours I'm in school everyday.

Now she's just sitting there crying, begging for attention.

I HATE PUBESCENT GIRLS

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2010
    also I think you can only use trickster on beings you can actually perceive

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.