As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Movie Rumors and Ideas

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited July 2007 in Graphic Violence
Let's use this thread to talk about the rumors surrounding comic book movies/adaptations, our ideas for them, or whatever the fuck.

To start off, I think Lucy Lawless would make a great Wonder Woman in the WW movie. I doubt it'll happen, but according to this article, she is voicing Wonder Woman in the New Frontier animated film.
AfterEllen wrote:
“I'm drawn to spicy roles,” the perennial badass says. Besides playing a warrior princess, the 38-year-old actor was recently in the studio voicing the character of Wonder Woman for a Justice League DVD.

She doesn't have the more commanding voice like Susan Eisenberg, but she fits the Golden Age/Silver Age setting

Garlic Bread on

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    xena.jpg

Looks good to me. Of course, we're talking comic book movies, where perfect casting doesn't apply.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Pho3nixPho3nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Moar Xena please !

Pho3nix on

PennyArcadesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Calling it already.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    lucywwqp3.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I really hope the Iron Man movie sets up the Avengers.

Imagine it.

Scene opens, Tony is standing in front of monitors, crimes happening all over the world. An assistant walks in.
    "Mr.Stark? Henry Pym is on line 1...muttering something about Ultra...something..." Trailing off, the assistant notices he's lost in thought.
    "Look at it. So many criminals, so many people being put in danger. I couldn't save them all if I left immediately."
    The assistant looks a bit confused.
    "I'm sorry, sir?"
    "People die every day because of people like Mandarin. People with more power than common sense or decency. Someone needs to stand up for these people...to to...AVENGE them."
    The assistant shrugs "Why don't you, Mister Stark?"
    Tony smiles, taking a sip of wine. "Sounds like a plan."
    With a press of a button on an intercom, he speaks up "Jarvis...Get me Steve Rogers."
    Movie closes.

The Captain America movie could end with Steve getting home just as "Stark Industries" calls.
    Bam. Avengers.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    They can't do inter-movie team-ups

It would involve actually caring

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    They can't do inter-movie team-ups

It would involve actually caring

:cry:

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I still say that Luke and Owen Wilson would make a perfect Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. Ben Stiller would also be an acceptable Beetle. Both Luke Wilson and Stiller can pull off that whole "comically flustered to the point of being on the precipice of a nervous breakdown" thing, and Owen Wilson is a perfect zen retard.

I really hope the upcoming Death of Superman movie features the Justice League that got obliterated by Doomsday, if only for a few minutes. Because dammit, I want animated Blue and Gold. And Guy with the yellow power ring.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch

you have no idea how much I fucking hate you right now

there is no reason why Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson should ever have any roles

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Honestly I think the best thing in the world would be HBO putting out a series with The Ultimates.

The only way this would happen was if someone here had an obscene amount of money to give HBO for it, because there's no fucking way they'd make back a tenth of the production cost.

I'd settle for a movie, but when you compare a movie based on the Ultimates to really any other superhero movie, and their budget, it becomes obvious that it would just cost too much.

I can dream, though.

In any event, I predict Iron Man will be totally awesome because Robert Downey Jr. is actually a really really good actor, as anyone who's seen Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang will tell you.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm glad I didn't point out how I'd like to see Pauly Shore play an unmasked Rorschach.

--shit.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Honestly I think the best thing in the world would be HBO putting out a series with The Ultimates.

The only way this would happen was if someone here had an obscene amount of money to give HBO for it, because there's no fucking way they'd make back a tenth of the production cost.

I'd settle for a movie, but when you compare a movie based on the Ultimates to really any other superhero movie, and their budget, it becomes obvious that it would just cost too much.

I can dream, though.

In any event, I predict Iron Man will be totally awesome because Robert Downey Jr. is actually a really really good actor, as anyone who's seen Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang will tell you.

Also he's not gonna look like a fish out of water if he has to play a drunk.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I have no problems with the Weasle

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Wait...

Ms. Marvels not so difficult. Uma Thurman might not be a bad choice(although after Super Ex-Girlfriend it might be suicide to cast her as a superhero again...) but what about She-Hulk...? You can't CGI her as easily as the real Hulk.

And what about a BETTER Spider-man? Y'know, like Jake Gyllenhal.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm sticking with Jeff Goldblum as Nite-Owl

It is so perfect

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I kind of like John Cusack for Nite Owl. He's shown he can convincingly pull off some brutal fight scenes in Grosse Point Blank, he's a great actor, and he's starting to get a little bit of a middle-aged paunch.

Oh, and I just thought of a new Blue Beetle; Jeremy Piven. Dude is such a perfect smartass.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    I kind of like John Cusack for Nite Owl. He's shown he can convincingly pull off some brutal fight scenes in Grosse Point Blank, he's a great actor, and he's starting to get a little bit of a middle-aged paunch.

Oh, and I just thought of a new Blue Beetle; Jeremy Piven. Dude is such a perfect smartass.

Jeremy Piven? Christ, just put the bullseye on his head now.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Marvel could probably make an actual Avengers movie, considering most of the Avengers who are having movies made about them are being made through Marvel's movie studio or whatever it is that they have.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:

do you not watch entourage karma?

karma i hope that you and everything you love blackens and shatters into dust that is scattered across the world by a hurricane made of my rage

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

karma i hope that you and everything you love blackens and shatters into dust that is scattered across the world by a hurricane made of my rage

I watch Entourage and it's exactly why I can't put Jeremy Piven in the good-guy role. Yeah, he's a smartass, but he's not a hero-type.

I didn't like him as Elongated Man in JLU

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

No, but there was that one time I watched Ellen...
    Munch wrote:

Well Munch, if that one day happens, I won't spend the next two years of my life whining about it.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    See, my ideal Blue Beetle, the one I'd write if I ever got the chance, would be kind of a smarmy dick who happens to funnel his genius towards mankind's benefit. Kind of a mix between the Lee/Kirby Reed Richards and Rusty Venture.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Munch wrote:

Well Munch, if that one day happens, I won't spend the next two years of my life whining about it.

what if DC fires Alex Ross

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Munch wrote:

"Damn, that sucks. Oh well, I guess I'll try and move on"

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Munch wrote:

He won't be whining.

He'll be killing.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

Keith, sometimes I dream of what Heaven is like. And it is nothing but watching Alex Ross and Bad Karma choke back sobs as the new joint Editors in Chief of DC comics, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, fire Alex Ross over and over.

Karma, we can still be bros right? You want a beer man? I'll let you wear my trucker hat and take a hit out of my beer bong.

Munch on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Man, I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm is on fairly decent terms with Alex Ross.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Geebs wrote:
    Man, I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm is on fairly decent terms with Alex Ross.

and Paul Dini wrote like four books with him

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Okay, I'll be honest, I just kind of want to see Karma cry. Really if he just stubbed his toe that'd be cool.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    Okay, I'll be honest, I just kind of want to see Karma cry. Really if he just stubbed his toe that'd be cool.

Wouldn't work bud.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:

Wouldn't work bud.

What if we made you watch the Seymour episode of Futurama over and over?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    One of the reasons I like comic books is because they are like movies that don't have to care about casting or budget or anything like that. They are better than movies.

If somebody is going to make a comic book movie adaptation, I'd rather they take huge dramatic license and make something new, special and unique out of it. That's why I like the Hellboy movie so much, because Del Toro took the essence of Hellboy and then ran with it and made his own thing out of it.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    JLA vs. Avengers: The Movie

Oh god, it'd cost a billion to do right and acquire the licenses for, but it'd be a fucking orgy of awesome. DC and Marvel would basically have a license to print money.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    CheetoCheeto Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I want my live action Captain America right now damnit!

Cheeto on
    Geebs is a dick and made me change my sig.
    Batman_Sig_by_Merit13.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Chasing Amy is my favorite comic book movie I think.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cheeto wrote:

My perfect Captain America movie would be something like this:

The first forty minutes, it's him busting Nazi's in WWII before he gets frozen.

After the defrosting, and during the inevitable "getting used to the new century stuff", he is told the US replaced him with a fake Captain America after his "death" to maintain public support. This was found out, and now most people don't believe there ever was a real Captain America.

It gets complicated from there, but basically it involves Captain America teaming up with Nick Fury to fight corruption and the Red Skull. By the end, Cap has restored the countries belief in him, and by extension a little bit of belief in the American Dream.

For some reason, my perfect Captain America movie needs Nick Fury busting skulls.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    Cheeto wrote:

Done.

capmovie.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DMAC wrote:
    Cheeto wrote:

Done.

capmovie.jpg

You are a horrible person.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DMAC wrote:
    Cheeto wrote:

Done.

capmovie.jpg

I think comic Cap wears a cup.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Captainamerica2.jpg

Apparently that movie is terrible, but that guy looks great as Cap. All the suit needs is the chainmail and less rubber and it'd be perfect

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.