As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic: The Gathering- Punch a baby get an Eldrazi

SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Critical Failures
Shamelessly stolen from the last OP.
Magic-Logo.jpg
Welcome to the CF Magic: the Gathering Thread!

SO M:TG this is what it is, from a reputable source of course.

Magic: The Gathering (colloquially "Magic", "MTG", or "Magic Cards") is a collectible card game created by mathematics professor Richard Garfield and introduced in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast. Magic is the first example of the modern collectible card game genre and still thrives today, with an estimated six million players in over seventy countries. Magic can be played by two or more players each using a deck of printed cards or a deck of virtual cards through the Internet-based Magic: The Gathering Online or third-party programs.

Each game represents a battle between powerful wizards who use the magical spells, items, and fantastic creatures depicted on individual Magic cards to defeat their opponents. Although the original concept of the game drew heavily from the motifs of traditional fantasy role-playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons, the gameplay of Magic bears little resemblance to pencil-and-paper adventure games, while having substantially more cards and more complex rules than many other card games. (Wikipedia)

That's Magic like most of us you are going to dump a good chunk of cash and time into this so get comfortable 8-)

A little run down on some FAQ:
Q: So I bought some of these here Magical Cards. They've got funny symbols on them and numbers and are different colors. Help!

A: Magic is a pretty complex game, but the basics are easy to get the hang of. Magic cards generally come in one of five colors that each specialize in different things. White, Blue, Black, Red, and finally Green. By laying down lands of appropriate colors you can add mana to your mana pool and 'cast' these cards into play, with the goal of driving your opponent's life total down from 20 to 0! For a more detailed explanation, see the resources at the end of the post.

Q: I keep hearing about 'Type 2' and 'Type 1.5' and 'Standard' and all sorts of crazy stuff. What the hell are those?

A: In sanctioned Magic (that's tourney play), there are what are called 'formats', that may have different rules and different legal card pools. Standard and Extended are the most common 'Constructed' (played using pre-built 60 card decks with 15 card sideboards) formats. Limited is a different animal altogether.

You can find a list of formats HERE.

Q: Okay, that makes sense. I think I get it. You mentioned Limited... what's that?

A: Limited formats are the other side of the Tournament Magic coin. When playing limited Magic, you usually have a restricted pool of cards, usually from freshly opened product, that you must build a 40 card deck from. Standard Magical rules apply otherwise. The two most common Limited formats are Sealed Deck and Draft.

Q: What do you do when you play Sealed Deck or Draft, then?

A: Sealed Deck is very simple: you take a Tournament Pack and two boosters (sanctioned formats tend to use the newest block, for us that's the newly released Shards of Alara), rip 'em open and build your deck. Draft works a little differently; everyone has three packs. Everyone opens one, takes a card they like, and passes it to the next person. When all the cards are 'drafted', you build 40 card decks and play. In both cases, basic lands are provided by the tournament organizer.

Here's some awesome places to visit if you're bored at work and wanna work on your game:

Magicthegathering.com - This is the Magic mothership! You can find all sorts of goodies here, including article series that cover the many facets of magic from both a player and designer perspective. I'm pretty partial to Making Magic, Building on a Budget, and Limited Information!

Gatherer, the Magic Card Database - This is Wizards' official database. You search for cards using some different parameters (color, cost, artist, to name a few)

Starcity Games - This is probably the next biggest Magic site next to the mothership; it has its own database alongside its own daily columns. As an added bonus, Starcity is a very reputable Magic retailer, and is a good place to look if you want a price reference for certain cards.

The Magic Academy - This is a series at the magic web site that was written purely as a tool for new players to get themselves familiar with the game. While it doesn't talk about the BASIC BASICS, it does explain to beginner players the philosophies behind certain cards, when to play them, when to attack, how to block correctly, and other helpful topics.

Essentialmagic.com - This is another very helpful magic site that allows you to construct decks and post them online for critique. It also has a comprehensive list of formats and what sets are legal in each of them.

Five Rules for Avoiding Manascrew - This is an article I think is indispensable for any player as it teaches how to devise a solid mana base for any deck in a few easy steps.

Deckbuilding 101: Five Tips for Better Deckbuilding - This is another article I consider to be a must-read for any Magic player. It doesn't really discuss specific strategy, but certain fundamentals that every Magic player should absorb right into his bone marrow. Yes it is that important.

The Magic Rules page - This is where you can find the comprehensive rules alongside a list of every keyword in magic.

[URL="http://"www.mtgsalvation.com/"]MTGSalvation[/URL] - This is another great website dedicated to Magic. Their forums are extremely helpful in terms of pretty much anything Magic related (trading, deckbuilding, spoiling cards, news, etc.).

Current Magic News

rise-of-the-eldrazi.jpg
Rise of the Eldrazi spoiler
this set will officially release this Friday 4/25 get you some RoE draft on son.

If you don't know where a store is I'm pretty sure the magic main site can help you out. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So what're you waiting for go crack some packs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGtylPqqdRo

sig-1355736.jpg
sig-1355747.jpg
SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
SF_Dhalsim on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Also shamelessly stolen from the old thread

Under construction. Suggestions welcome.

I'm going to use this for format discussion. All formats are game here. Standard, extended, EDH, cube, etc... I am not well versed in all these formats, though, so if you would like to write up something post it here or PM it to me.

Right now I'm thinking of what to add in each of these so go ahead and start making suggestions what you think needs to be in here for new players and veterans alike. I want this to be where someone would go for info on what is in a certain format, top tier decks, as well as anything else.

Standard:
    What is it? Standard is probably the most common format of Magic played. Also referred to as "Type 2". Standard has always been made up of the last two blocks with the last core set. Currently that would mean that Shards of Alara, Conflux, Alara Reborn, M10, Zendikar, and the soon to be released Worldwake and Rise of the Eldrazi thereafter are the legal sets.

Extended:

Block:
    What is it? this is a constructed deck format using only cards form a single block expansion. The current block constructed in Zendikar Worldwake Rise of the Eldrazi commonly referred to as just Zendikar

Vintage:

Legacy:

EDH:
    What is it? The best format ever. Moving on...

No, it's much more than that. It's a casual format that is best played with multiple players.

Ok, that still doesn't tell me much, but I'm interested. How do I play? Well first off you need a general. Your general can be any legendary creature in the game. Then you build your deck using 99 other cards and you cannot have more than one copy of a card in your deck save basic lands. There is a small banned list, though. Official rules.

So what makes this format so much fun? Well you use cards you would normally never consider because of its strict limitations on multiples.

Whoa! Some of these decks use dual lands. Those are expensive. So I have to make a good deck with really expensive cards to have fun? Well yes and no. For me, I don't give a shit about actually owning the card so a lot of my decks have proxies in them. Why? Because I can't just have one deck to play with. I gotta have multiples. And I'm constantly getting tired of decks and replacing them, so there's no point in buying a card that costs 50 dollars that I will only use in a casual format. Some people will mind, though. But if you wanna start a group with your friends, I recommend using proxies.

Drafting:
    What is it? Drafting is the Limited staple where 8 people are given 3 packs told to open one at a time pick a card and pass that pack to the left the right and then the left again each pack sending a different direction from the last. So first pack left, second pack right, and finally third pack right.

You basically try and make a 40 card deck, this includes lands, out of the cards that are passed.

A pretty good magic player actually has some of his MTGO drafts up on youtube.

Sealed:
    What is it? Sealed is another limited format but unlike draft you don't share a pool of cards with other players. You get 6 packs you get to open them all keep the cards and make the best 40 card deck you can make with the cards you get.

Cube:
    What is it? First off it's a draft format. But the cards you use is what make it a cube. A cube can technically be whatever you want it to be. Usually it's a box full of the best cards Magic has ever seen. See Evan Erwin's list. But you can make whatever you like. I have a friend that has an all common/uncommon cube. If the card was at one point common/uncommon it's in the cube. You can make a cube that is only from certain blocks.

Two Headed Giant:

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are enough curveball commons that RoE sealed might be a return to the skill-based side of the skill/luck spectrum. The last few (?) sets haven't had too many hard choices when building. This one seems to have lots of hidden gems.

Mini combo:

Image.ashx?multiverseid=193594&type=card

+

Image.ashx?multiverseid=193518&type=card

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just want to point out that by all accounts, I can basically see the future.

Hopefully I do better at a release party. I went over my Sealed pool from the pre and realized I really should have been playing WUb flyers, as I had 10 flying creatures (including Dawnglare Invoker and Linvala) between 2 and 5cc. I'm not really sure why I didn't notice that fact the first time through the pool, but I think I was turned off by the fact that I had no removal in either U or W and was wary of splashing for all my black removal.

metaghost on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if you get prophetic prisms/terramorphics you can easily splash
    i did a bunch of drafts/sealed in triple roe online and had no trouble splashing for a third color in any deck

narcolepsy + the flying blue untapper guy keeps an attacker tapped forever

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    EVERYTHING IS FUEL FOR THE MAGMAW

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    metaghost wrote: »

Verily, your prophetic visions are as a gift to us all.

My girlfriend calls me the Gigantomancer.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    magjah 420 smoke weed erryday

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well you still have the amazing synergy of anything that makes eldrazi spawns and raid bombardment. The only thing I wish was in this particularly set would be Bushwhacker because making 6 tokens and then swinging with 7 creatures and being able to do 7+ dmg off of little 0/1's is awesome.

Also if you get gigantomancer out and have time to actually gigant some stuff... you either have way too many elves and a joraga treespeaker or the game is already over.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holy crap, new set releasing this weekend? Awesome. Anyone have any articles I should read to catch up and figure out what the new set is about if I plan on going to a release tournament?

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I hope you are right. I really do. It may be just a, you know, tad early to be ruling on the success of RoE as a limited format. :)

Are we talking about our various efforts at prognostication?

@Spawnbroker: Visual Spoiler will help.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    they have some things here

I'd definitely kind of scout around your area ask what other people are doing either do a fast spawn bombardment or a evasive flyers deck in sealed, and in draft play it by ear, and for the love of god check all your cards before you pass.

An idiot friend of mine passed Gideon the other day, 'bout broke my damn heart.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just finished reading through the visual spoiler. Wow uhh, so yeah. Leveling up. I like it. Also, black and red have some really kickass removal. My favorites are the black spell that makes your opponent sacrifice a creature, and the spell has rebound. My other favorite is the red instant that deals 2 damage to target creature or player and has rebound.

Edit: Also, wtf is up with that 15/15 that is basically like an "I win" button? Go go combo decks, I guess?

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I mean the set is all about big boom booms and its not like other people can not get there hands on it. If the the game really does come to Emrakul coming out to win the game, that is one helluva a stall until then, and that game needs to end.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Iolo wrote: »

I hope you are right. I really do. It may be just a, you know, tad early to be ruling on the success of RoE as a limited format. :)

I'm jus' saying, the way people been talking lines up pretty darn well with what I done said.

But of course Dawnglare.dek might become the scourge of Triple-ROE and we will all be sad as hell.

Also, why are people talking about goofy CCGdecks drafts and the like as though they have accurate packs? Them shits are crazy busted.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Iolo wrote: »

I'm jus' saying, the way people been talking lines up pretty darn well with what I done said.

But of course Dawnglare.dek might become the scourge of Triple-ROE and we will all be sad as hell.

Also, why are people talking about goofy CCGdecks drafts and the like as though they have accurate packs? Them shits are crazy busted.

which shits

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    "Them shits" = the content of the packs.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    okay

what?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    anyone know where i can get some card sleeves with zangief on them?

or a zangief binder?

heck i'd use a zangief card game play mat

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I don't really care about sleeving my cards for protective purposes. I quit M:tG for a long time and only came back to it to play casually, and with the decision that I wouldn't look at any card's value as a monetary investment as I have no particular plans to ever sell my collection.

That said, I'd like to get a bunch of sleeves to facilitate playing with a few proxies. All I really want are cheap sleeves in 100-packs (or 50-packs, I suppose; I mostly play EDH) that have opaque backs. Recommendations on brands/places to buy?

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I specifically requested this Friday off in order to go to the release party.
    Then my manager goes and schedules an hour long meeting right in the middle of the release party.

This hour long meeting is going to entail her yelling at us because she is a terrible manager.

Should I weasel out?

B.C. on
  • Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I don't really care about sleeving my cards for protective purposes. I quit M:tG for a long time and only came back to it to play casually, and with the decision that I wouldn't look at any card's value as a monetary investment as I have no particular plans to ever sell my collection.

That said, I'd like to get a bunch of sleeves to facilitate playing with a few proxies. All I really want are cheap sleeves in 100-packs (or 50-packs, I suppose; I mostly play EDH) that have opaque backs. Recommendations on brands/places to buy?

If you're planning on playing for a while I would always sleeve anyway. M:tG cards are the worst quality playing cards I've ever played with, and go sticky very quickly, making them difficult to shuffle.

I use the standard solid colour UltraPro sleeves, and have never had a problem with them.

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dragon Shields have always been excellent for me, but they seem to have vanished from the face of the earth so I use KMC sleeves now.

B.C. on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i like sleeves for shuffling too

Way easier to mix them up and not nick the edges into oblivion

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    okay

what?
    The contention is that the card distributions in the virtual packs on <on-line Magic system> do not accurately replicate the distribution found in paper Magic packs.
    And that claiming they do is therefore silliness, of the goosish sort.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha oh god I was going through some old cards of mine and oh my god channel is perfect for my dumb eldrazi deck

helo 2nd turn emrakul (haste too if I 1 drop llanowar, 2nd turn drop mountain for burst of speed)

but really who needs haste, the free 2nd turn's annihilator will be enough to clear their side of the table

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, as posted in the last thread someone was working on a Eldrazi Raid Bombardment deck....

I was am also now interested in doing this, it looks solid enough to work if played right, and God knows I love playing weird finesse decklists.

So as of now here we are:

Creatures: 20
    x4 Goblin Bushwhacker
    x4 Brood Warden
    x4 Emrakul's Hatcher
    X4 Kozilek's Predator
    X4 Nest Invader

Spells: 16
    x4 Brood Birthing
    X3 Staggershock
    x3 Burst Lightning
    x3 Raid Bombardment
    x2 Comet Storm
    x1 Skittering Invasion

Lands:
    x4 Rootbound Crag
    x4 Kazandu Refuge
    x8 Mountains
    x8 Forest

SB:
    X1 Skittering Invasion
    x4 Bloodbraid Elf
    x2 Prey's Vengeance
    x2 Surreal Memoir
    x3 Unstable Footing
    x2 Punishing Fire
    x1 Raid Bombardment

That's what I'm looking at right now, definitely needs some tuning and if it looks good enough I might run this at my states qualifiers. BTW broke 100 on the top 100 in my region from this last pre-release.

LIVIN' THE DREAM!

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Don't sweepers basically completely ruin the deck?

Maybe consider Eldrazi Monument? I dunno.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I thought about that and have come to conclusion I just have to burn faster. I mean honestly I'm only worried about DoJ and by the time they have it up and out I've already done 4-8 dmg and I just have to draw into burn spells. (Without the bombardment, with it it can potentially be 13-14 dmg on T3)

There's a good chance I just might leave alot of red mana up in the hopes he does drop it so I can sac the Spawns and dish out as many multikicked Lightnings and Staggershocks I can on him.

I mean even just to immediately Staggershock twice leaves him at 8 life and me untouched.

I'll test it tonight against my White Weenie to see if it can go the distance which I think it can.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, having played in some RoE drafts (in paper) I think my favorite strategy would be Green main, prioritizing Ondu Giants, Growth Spasms, Kozilek's Predators and Nest Invaders, with a few Wildheart Invokers and Stomper Cubs mixed in, and going with a Black or Red secondary color for removal. Take some giant Eldrazi dudes, stall the fuck out of the ground until you get a huge guy, or enough mana to just brute force some +5/+5 and trample shenanigans to break the stalemate.

Also, Artisan of Kozilek is the best uncommon in the set in limited. Yes, better than Corpsehatch, even.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    @ SF_Dhalsim

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm thinking of taking some stuff out of my WW, and going White/Red. Raid Bombardment tickles me in the sub-cockles of my heart, and Staggershock is just fun.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was at the prerelease last weekend, and game 1 round 1 of a single-elimination draft and my opponent casts Splinter Twin on Tuktuk the Explorer and activated it. What would you guys have done?

Papillon on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wouldn't that just make them blow up, and then have two legend tokens come in at the same time that also then blow up?

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wouldn't that just make them blow up, and then have two legend tokens come in at the same time that also then blow up?

Yes. Obviously he hadn't thought his play through properly. I'm wondering if people would tell him to take it back, let him take it back but only if he asked, hold him to his play, or some fourth option. On one hand, prizes are at stake, on the other hand it's a pre-release and he's obviously not very good.

Papillon on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I might let him take it back if he was new to the game/under twelve/not being a bitch about it, but most of the time, pre-release or not you don't get a free pass unless it's a new ability; copying shit is as old as Alpha and the consequences haven't changed much since then.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If I was up against a player who did that, I would probably just kindly point out that the creature is legendary and will die if he does that, and he should probably think of another play. Then when he argued with me about it, I'd bring a judge over to tell him that, yes, I'm correct. Then I'd let him take back the move.

Maybe I'm just too overly nice, but I don't see a pre-release prize pool as much of something to rules lawyer over. It's not like it's a PTQ or a Grand Prix.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    okay

what?
    The contention is that the card distributions in the virtual packs on <on-line Magic system> do not accurately replicate the distribution found in paper Magic packs.
    And that claiming they do is therefore silliness, of the goosish sort.

i know
    that was an "i am stunned at how ridiculous your claims are" what, not an "i don't understand" what

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    First @ with the Tuktuk play honestly if he mentioned that he didn't think it through all the way I'd be fine with him to take it back, but the second he says anything outside of the ordinary when it came to that I'd probably poop all over his deck. Literally

Secondly, yea the pre-release prize pool isn't huge or anything but its still enough to make the $25-30 entry worth it and actually kinda worth it.

Next Eldrazi bomb deck, I tried R/W but all the creatures ended up getting too big for the bombardment to make it really worth it, which really hampers the mechanic. I mean getting at least a kicked burst lightning in before combat damage and for free is pretty big, particularly after putting a kicked Bushwhacker on the board with 6 tokens in play.

As stated below I tested against my WW deck and then proxied some stuff from Wescoe's of course updating some stuff like Lynx's -> Students etc. I came back so much faster than they did. I mean turn after 3+ tokens and a bombardment, or a kicked bushwhacker and 6/10 times dealing lethal dmg.

The deck has so much removal that it can properly deal with about every threat, the "biggest" threat is actually 2/3 fliers so I'm thinking Leaf Arrow is going to make a place for itself somewhere in the deck, because who doesn't love tapping one mana to take out a Vampire Nighthawk.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to a release tournament this weekend and most likely going to do some Sealed, maybe a draft or two. What do you guys recommend on how to build my deck? What with all the removal protection with Totem Armor auras and such, along with huge creatures, how many big creatures do you think I would need to keep up with an Eldrazi bomb deck?

I'm thinking about just putting a few chump creatures in there for the first few turns, a few burn spells, and the rest of my spells focused on buffing my creatures and huge bombs. It seems like that's the way to go with Eldrazi released, but I'm not sure. I think if almost any of those Totem Armor spells are in your color, they should be playable because of the way the set is worked.

What are you guys' thoughts?

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    All in all is depends on what you get BUT, levelers (6+) particularly with evasion are awesome with Venerated Teacher and Champions Drake. So look for a U/W evasive aggro it does really well. Throw in Eel Umbra, Drake Umbra, and Hyena Umbra and this deck looks awesome for 1st place.

For Eldrazi Bomb decks R/B or R/G so Consume the Meek, Flame Slash, Emrakul's Hatcher, Nest Invader, Brood Birthing keep your eyes peeled for those, since they're amazing. Hand of Emrakul is definitely needed for this to work. But be weary of getting your Eldrazi Smiteded.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh definitely, U/W evasion is gonna be great if I can get the right cards. Both Eel Umbra and Drake Umbra are sick, and there are lots of nice blue cards that I like.

I really like that they're basically reprinting Counterspell, except with caveats like 'return a land you control' in addition to the mana cost. Especially with cards in the same block that get abilities when you drop lands.

Edit: Can anyone who went to a pre-release tell me how Skittering Invasion played in their decks? It seems like a good setup to drop a really good bomb the next turn.

Spawnbroker on
This discussion has been closed.