As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DnD4th-The Warforged Five, a story of romance and intrigue...[OOC?]

HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Critical Failures
The Warforged Five
WarforgedFive.jpg
Afros optional

Your eyes flick open. A rat is gnawing on your left ankle. It's very dark. With the little light that dribbles through the cracks, you determine that you are in a wooden box. Something tugs at your memory but you cannot pinpoint it. Upon kicking the case apart, you discover a strange scene : upturned wagons, large wood boxes, and strange black blobs devouring some orcs.
For a moment, you observe the scene. After a while you discover that you've acquired something new. Free will.
One of the blobs starts eating a wagon.
A clown walks in your line of sight.
The rat dies when you step on it.
Such is the way of life when you are free.
What will you do now ?

The Warforged Five is a 4th edition adventure set somewhere and somewhen. With something as a subject.

Maybe.

About the DM
That's me. It's possible that I suck at pbp DMing. We'll see.
I've heard DMing makes a man all-powerful.

About the tone
If you're expecting a serious dark and gritty adventure, go look at the picture again. A picture is worth a thousand d&d characters. Your characters can be as serious as you want them to be, but the adventure will not be. Probably. Unless I fail.
If there is any sex involved in this story, it will be kinky sex with voyeuristic robots.
There will not be an AAD (approaching apocalyptic doom) at the beginning of the story, but one could slip up behind you and sap you in the back of the head.

About posting rate
One post-a-day does not make the dentist go away but is expected for continued play. More is better. Week-ends will be slower from the DM.

About combat
I will or will not provide maps as strikes my fancy, and combat will sometimes involve no rolls and hinge upon... choices. But only sometimes.

Weapons will NOT confer keywords upon powers. So if you want to frost cheese it, you better have frost powers.

About characters
You've made it this far ! Yay for me !
You may create any character of any level, any class and any race you like with whatever equipment you want (using stuff from the builder), but I will be picking 5 lvl 12 Warforged characters with standard equipment (Lvl 13-12-11 magic items and 900000 copper pieces.)

I expect backgrounds.

They should include what faction you used to belong to (use one from Eberron or MAKE ONE UP). What kind of stuff led you into the heightened spheres of Paragon Path-hood. What the hell you were doing in a box. And your character' favorite flavor of ice cream.

Bonus points for linked backgrounds.

There will be a smallish intent on my part to pick characters covering all four roles, but if the five most interesting applications are for controllers... so be it.

Bonus point for goblins, bullywugs and flying dwarves.

Again : Weapons will NOT confer keywords upon powers. If you want to frost cheese you better have frost powers.

I will be looking at spelling and punctuation.

Applications will be open until I close them.

Questions ?

Hermenegilde on

• Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Expect an application this weekend. For reals.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Expectations are made to be crushed.

:P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bullywug incoming :D

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can I make a non-warforged character if I take the Self-Forged paragon path?

EDIT: And the Warforged Faceplate familiar!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you can justify somehow losing free will and being shipped in a box... I guess...
    I would have thought you would be happy to play a robot :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So since it's standard starting equipment and level-appropriate money, can we invest that starting money into items for our character, or do we have to drag huge sacks of gold around with us until we find a town?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's usually what starting money is for.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here's Battle Automaton Vanguard Mk. IX, nicknamed "Baracus," or, B. A. Baracus.

pimpforged.jpg?t=1272759932

I'll be adding his background here later this evening!

Saurfang on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I present, for your viewing enjoyment and pleasure -
    Blotch

He acts a lot like this guy here -
    Bob_at_Easel.jpg

And looks like this guy here -
    181c479f27b94c3c92f1ba964f4360af.jpg
    I suck at photoshop, so just imagine he's covered in runes. I mean, yeah, you have to use your imagination in D&D, too, so this is just a warm-up!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here is my submission.

Horatio, the Battlemind/Bard who keeps the rhythm of battle going all night long.

Background will be added later, need to work on it, but no one else has submitted one for their character, either. Maybe we can do some group-planning? :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't be opposed, DarkPrimus! Currently, my background for Baracus has to do with him being a House Cannith prototype of a soldier capable of breaking front-lines, distinguishing himself at combat, and earning a nickname from a bereaved Cannith mastermaker. At some point, he begins to pity the fools that are crushed beneath his bootheels, and is en route to Cannith for a recall/repair. What were you thinking for Horatio?

Blotch does have a background on his character sheet, though, and a nifty one at that.

Lots of B's so far! Blotch, B.A. Baracus the Barbarian, and a Battlemind/Bard.

I like the idea of doing an adventure with only one race, Hermenegilde! It's really nifty to see everyone's spin on the race. We've got both racial paragon paths represented so far, which is also neat!

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Robot Bob Ross will paint every character submitted standing next to a happy little tree.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Saurfang wrote: »
    What were you thinking for Horatio?

Originally constructed as a front-line soldier, Horatio noticed how other races used music to influence others around them, whether it was a war drum pounding fear into the enemy or a mouth harp playing a soothing melody after a long shift in the trenches. When its former owner fell in battle, Horatio picked up his fallen comrade's instrument and urged on the rest of the soldiers with a rousing song of courage, and they managed to push the enemy back. Since then, Horatio has believed that a song can be as deadly a weapon as a sword, and was quickly promoted to an officer position.

During the end of his service, Horatio's familiar manifested itself to him. Horatio has named it Roger, after the human whose lyre he now carries, as it seems to enjoy plucking at the strings with its manipulators.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So since it's standard starting equipment and level-appropriate money, can we invest that starting money into items for our character, or do we have to drag huge sacks of gold around with us until we find a town?

Bags of gold ? Did I not say copper pieces ? But yeah, they can converted to items...

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wow with this kind of gear and paragon there is an insane amount of modifiers to keep track of...

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cutter Warforged Barbarian.

Back story
    Yoooooo! This is the story of one Baaaad Juicer, got burned by some Jive ass turkeys back in the day.
    < I would intend to play this guy in jive, but for simplicity's sake English for the back story>

Cutter was originally a human member of the Deneith house. In the last war he distinguished himself as an extremely powerful warrior and earning the nickname Cutter though his combat style utilizing high speed melee combat and his trusty halberd to deal heavy blows to multiple enemies at a time. His skills on the field not only garnered him high praise amongst the Sentinels, but also planted many seeds of jealousy within the ranks of his superiors.

One night he was contacted by his friend Dr. Halladay. Halladay informed him of an interesting and cutting edge new project the Sentinel's Research and Development department was working on, and wanted Cutter to over see the project and test the skills of the subjects created therein. The project was nicknamed Crawford Ran ( jive term for strong man), and the goal of the project was the creation of Killbots, Warforged assassins created without a consciousness to be used as black ops against rival Merc groups. Upon completion Cutter tested the skills of the killbots in single combat, and fount them to easily outclass most of their human opponents, possessing greater physical strength and resilience than any normal man could posses. Having once again become a major success his rivals could no longer sit by and watch, as Cutter's renown grew.

They set into motion a plot to assassinate him under the name Kangblabla, headed by the wizard Goon Nurk, one of the few combatants of the last war who could stand toe to toe with Cutter in combat. Although, his opponents possessed superior numbers and resources their target was the legendary Cutter, hero of the last war, and to bring down such a man required precision and power. one night working late on some of the after touches of the Crawford Ran project, the 10 completed Killbots awoke, being controlled by Goon Nurk. Cutter managed to defeat 10 of the Killbots, but caught off guard by their assault he was badly wounded. As he engaged the last of the Killbots, Nurk unleashed his most powerful spell to attempt to finish Cutter off once and for all. A dimensional rift was created ripping Cutter's consciousness from his body. With a thud his corpse fell lifeless to the floor and the remaining Killbot de-powered.

In the aftermath of the assault the project was shut down, though the remaining Killbots were used for several more years as assassins and bodyguards of the sentinels. Meanwhile Cutter's consciousness was bound to the remaining Killbot who faced him down that fated night. For years his mind floated along witnessing the acts of the Killbot and the carnage the spread as if in a dream. Until one day he began to feel his thrall over the body to which he was bound grow. It is now only a matter of time until he once again has the ability to control his own actions.

Appearance
    1238739217536.jpg

He carries a certain swagger, but occasionally is a bit of a "spaz" as a result of his being trapped up in Killbot .06 for so long. The bots appearances is slightly altered from that of an ordinary Warforged. and they have been equipped with the favored gear of their creator who now low and behold is one of them. They are wrapped in hide armors that are meant to muffle their machine sounds while on infiltration missions. They wear heavy iron forearm guards and gloves adorned with claws and barbs, to intimidate their foes, and on their heads they have been modified to have a pair of curved horns similar to a Hercules beetle. As a memento of his friend who had lost his life at the hands of the Killbots, Dr. Halladay also attached a pouch containing three wondrous dice in them to the Killbot found with Cutter's corpse as a sort of living monument to him.

Most likely some small things will be changed.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So you play a Warforged who became the very Warforged who killed him when he was not a Warforged? psyduckw.png

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    haha the very same, tho technically he was killed by the wizard removing his consciousness from his body :)

thats a badass emoticon btw

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can already hear the inter-party conflicts brewing.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The term 'killbot' does not rest easily with me. It just sounds...cliche. Like, 1970s bad sci-fi show cliche.

Murder machine is much cooler.

Also, surprised there hasn't been a 'Dolomite' yet.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I went with 1970s cliche because of the Afros and jive thought it fit in period wise, very mystery sci-fi theater. I don't love it either but Im not feeling super creative today so maybe Ill change it later.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I love this. I will most likely be posting a character tomorrow night. Working on one right now.

daniant on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doh. I just posted my Warforged character concept in the other recruitment thread : /

hippofant on
  • Options
    BeerbabyBeerbaby Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a bit of a concept:

“The General”
    Class: probably hybrid Warlord/Bard

Spent most of the Last War in the service of Lord Jesuie ir’Duich, the owner of numerous sugar fields around the town of Hazzard in southern Cyre. “The General” acted as bodyguard and courier to Lord ir’Duich’s two nephews, Beau and Lucas ir’Duich, responsible for the transport of the region’s famous `Twelve Moons’ spirit to officers on the frontline, and illicitly through neutral territories for sales to discreet parties in other countries.

Special Item: magical mithral plating, sporting the ir’Duich family standard (White stars on a blue cross, red background)

I will be trying to work in as much dodging and charging as possible.

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you want to Dodge and Charge, maybe Barbarian/Monk Hybrid? :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BeerbabyBeerbaby Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Having a justification for being called "The General" and an excuse to toot `Dixieland' during fights ranks higher among my priorities. :D

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This may very well be the first 4e game I've ever seen that goes Leader-heavy.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    IAmUnawareIAmUnaware Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Beerbaby, that's a little eerie. I actually JUST built a hybrid warlord/bard when I saw this post. Unfortunately, I wasn't terribly happy with the way it came out.

I went for a crossbow build because I realized that warforged can do the armbow thing and basically be a walking ballista, which is sweet. He was able to use a shield in the other hand (spiked shield with a songblade enchantment), and I concepted him as a mobile weapons platform and supply wagon (what with the healing and the buffing) that attained sentience during the war. All he had done was kill people and help others kill people, so he assumed that killing is what gives one a soul, and he would go on to use his newfound intelligence to preach the value of murder as a lifestyle.

But then I realized something else that I find incredibly amusing: you can choose warforged as a past life race for a revenant. That's right, zombie death robot! So I'm working on a concept for that right now.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    you can choose Deva for Revenant past-life too which also makes little to no sense. I like your solution for the paragon level warrior who just achieved self awareness problem, seeing how people tackle that is great, lots of variety here, also yea tons of warlord/bards in here.

also when is the deadline for this and can we post multiples?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @DarkPrimus : 5 clerics party ! I was actually expecting a lot of Defenders and Barbarians with a few Runepriests and Warlords. And you guys are submitting... bards...

@Woogity : deadline is when I pick the party. I did not put a date because then I'd have to hold to it and I want to be FREE. Multiples are fine. Warforged have souls. In fact, I believe they actually invented Soul Music. That was during the dark times, when Asmodean went on his great cosmic Tour of the Planes.

@IAmUnaware : I like the idea of it, but the lack of former memories and the Revenant "purpose" will weigh against you, it might not fit the theme which is "highish level characters who just got free will, don't know where they are and must cope with deciding things for themselves".

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ah cool on the deadline I was just curious

I don't believe you, I'm pretty sure halflings don't have souls either...damn dirty little.....anyways I fully expect at least one soul concert in the game now, Sittin' on the Dock of the Plane is always a fan favorite.

I was more referring to how they are kinda suddenly self aware yet already bad-ass, makes for interesting explanations and fun inner conflicts.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @IAmUnaware : I like the idea of it, but the lack of former memories and the Revenant "purpose" will weigh against you, it might not fit the theme which is "highish level characters who just got free will, don't know where they are and must cope with deciding things for themselves".

Well, my favorite revenant characters have always been the ones who don't quite know why they were returned to life, because I don't feel that it makes a ton of sense for non-divine characters to have a goddess whispering in their ears all the time. I was hoping we could leave the "purpose" bit in the dark and only call on it if actually helps the story. After all, who really knows why a warforged would be reanimated? The Raven Queen works in mysterious ways, etc.

I've actually just finished my concept. I'll post in a couple minutes when I finish typing it up and you can tell me if it's too far out there.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    6PK, (Warforged) Revenant Wizard|Artificer
    6PK was imperfectly crafted and suffered from some structural flaws, causing the Cannith artificers to hold him back rather than sell him to the other nations as a soldier. Fortunately, a gift for artifice and the arcane saved him the embarrassment of "early retirement", and he began to work alongside the crafters of Cannith. He was apprenticed to an artificer named Callum, an unpleasant man who did not play well with others. Not being given to the fits of rage and frustration that afflicted the fleshy races, it was expected that the 6PK would be able to put up with Callum's behavior.
    It was even true, for a time. Eventually Callum's demeanor and general cruelty made him the target of a revenge scheme in the form of a small magic bomb placed in his workshop. Fortunately, the bomb was discovered by 6PK before it could detonate. Less fortunately, he had no idea what it was and his attempt to disassemble it set it off. It wasn't a conventional explosive, instead designed to kill a living creature with magical energy, which it did quite efficiently. As his lifeforce drained rapidly, 6PK knew with great certainty that he was dying. It didn't really seem all that bad, and he couldn't understand what all the other races were so afraid of. His last thought before death was What a bunch of cowards.
    6PK didn't experience any visions of the Raven Queen or return to life gasping with a divine mission planted in his mind. He just woke up a few hours later with Callum standing over him, poking him with a length of metal tubing and barking angrily at him: "Lazy bastard. You don't even need sleep, and here you are laying down on the job. And where the hell are my converters? You broke them, didn't you?"
    6PK's memories were hazy and indistinct, but fortunately his habit of obsessive note-taking allowed him to pick things up roughly where he left off. That aside, life after death was much the same as life before, but 6PK felt quite different. He became obsessed with the ideas of life and death and turned his talents toward creating and summoning all sorts of creatures to learn as much as he could. His personality had also changed. He no longer had quite the cool demeanor he had once possessed, and his mind seemed a little addled. He became frustrated easily with his experiments, as his familiar and meager creations did not seem to die in the same sense that he had and he could learn nothing from them. One day, after a particularly frustrating series of failures, Callum returned to the workshop extremely drunk and berated 6PK for nearly an hour. As his frustration grew, the spark of an idea formed in the warforged's mind.
    Disassembling Callum taught 6PK a great deal more than his summoning and conjuration ever had. In hindsight, it seemed obvious. Where 6PK's creations had a spark of life, a fleshbeing had a great roaring fire. His path was clear. To understand what had happened to him and to understand life and death itself, he was going to need a lot more test subjects.

I don't know much about Eberron, unfortunately, so I don't know what would happen to a warforged discovered in that situation, but I figured I could get some opinions here about how he might be "detained" or "rehabilitated". It could even be related to how he ended up in a box. And in the end he has something resembling morality to keep him from flooding the enrichment center with deadly neurotoxin, but he still has the desire to disassemble and observe which he can carry out via combat with whatever the paragon equivalent to goblins and kobolds is.

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Woogity wrote: »
    ah cool on the deadline I was just curious

I don't believe you, I'm pretty sure halflings don't have souls either...damn dirty little.....anyways I fully expect at least one soul concert in the game now, Sittin' on the Dock of the Plane is always a fan favorite.

I was more referring to how they are kinda suddenly self aware yet already bad-ass, makes for interesting explanations and fun inner conflicts.

Well, if I pick Cutter, maybe we'll get this...

Killbot 2000

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    IAmUnaware wrote: »
    6PK, (Warforged) Revenant Wizard|Artificer
    6PK was imperfectly crafted and suffered from some structural flaws, causing the Cannith artificers to hold him back rather than sell him to the other nations as a soldier. Fortunately, a gift for artifice and the arcane saved him the embarrassment of "early retirement", and he began to work alongside the crafters of Cannith. He was apprenticed to an artificer named Callum, an unpleasant man who did not play well with others. Not being given to the fits of rage and frustration that afflicted the fleshy races, it was expected that the 6PK would be able to put up with Callum's behavior.
    It was even true, for a time. Eventually Callum's demeanor and general cruelty made him the target of a revenge scheme in the form of a small magic bomb placed in his workshop. Fortunately, the bomb was discovered by 6PK before it could detonate. Less fortunately, he had no idea what it was and his attempt to disassemble it set it off. It wasn't a conventional explosive, instead designed to kill a living creature with magical energy, which it did quite efficiently. As his lifeforce drained rapidly, 6PK knew with great certainty that he was dying. It didn't really seem all that bad, and he couldn't understand what all the other races were so afraid of. His last thought before death was What a bunch of cowards.
    6PK didn't experience any visions of the Raven Queen or return to life gasping with a divine mission planted in his mind. He just woke up a few hours later with Callum standing over him, poking him with a length of metal tubing and barking angrily at him: "Lazy bastard. You don't even need sleep, and here you are laying down on the job. And where the hell are my converters? You broke them, didn't you?"
    6PK's memories were hazy and indistinct, but fortunately his habit of obsessive note-taking allowed him to pick things up roughly where he left off. That aside, life after death was much the same as life before, but 6PK felt quite different. He became obsessed with the ideas of life and death and turned his talents toward creating and summoning all sorts of creatures to learn as much as he could. His personality had also changed. He no longer had quite the cool demeanor he had once possessed, and his mind seemed a little addled. He became frustrated easily with his experiments, as his familiar and meager creations did not seem to die in the same sense that he had and he could learn nothing from them. One day, after a particularly frustrating series of failures, Callum returned to the workshop extremely drunk and berated 6PK for nearly an hour. As his frustration grew, the spark of an idea formed in the warforged's mind.
    Disassembling Callum taught 6PK a great deal more than his summoning and conjuration ever had. In hindsight, it seemed obvious. Where 6PK's creations had a spark of life, a fleshbeing had a great roaring fire. His path was clear. To understand what had happened to him and to understand life and death itself, he was going to need a lot more test subjects.

I don't know much about Eberron, unfortunately, so I don't know what would happen to a warforged discovered in that situation, but I figured I could get some opinions here about how he might be "detained" or "rehabilitated". It could even be related to how he ended up in a box. And in the end he has something resembling morality to keep him from flooding the enrichment center with deadly neurotoxin, but he still has the desire to disassemble and observe which he can carry out via combat with whatever the paragon equivalent to goblins and kobolds is.

Neither do I !

You are aware that he is not a robot anymore but a creation of the Raven Queen that is obviously an undead ? The artificer had to be blind to not notice that. I gather they probably smell eerie too.

Kobolds are the harbingers of DOOOM !

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You are aware that he is not a robot anymore but a creation of the Raven Queen that is obviously an undead ? The artificer had to be blind to not notice that. I gather they probably smell eerie too.

Actually, I just reread the revenant article and no, I totally misunderstood how their bodies work. (It turns out I was not aware. Who would have guessed?) I was under the impression that the Raven Queen puts their soul back into their body and then alters that body somewhat, but in fact she does just give them a totally new body. I have misplayed that more than a couple of times.

So that's embarrassing. I think I'll just be submitting a different character then!

IAmUnaware on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here's Coda, Warforged Assassin. I'm mostly excited to have been able to take the feat Resolve of the Iron Terminator. Because, c'mon. That's awesome.

warforged.jpg?t=1272920778

Background and whatnot
    The model T-1000 "Eliminator" warforged, codenamed "Coda," was a prototype commissioned for House Thuranni, designed to marry the ruthless temerity of the warforged with the Thuranni assassins' shadow magic. Coda was trained in the Thuranni's Stonespur facility and was an almost unqualified success, able to command the deadly skills of the assassin house without remorse or hesitation. Coda would pursue targets relentlessly, without heed for its own safety.

The one fly in the ointment was that Coda seemed less able to adapt than other warforged. Or rather, as one high-ranking Thuranni heir put it, "It's as dumb as a pile of bricks." Indeed, Coda would not stop until its target was eliminated, but it had to be given extremely specific instructions, as the following Stonespur transcript demonstrates:

TRAINER: Coda, there is a man at the Sign of the Boar who must be... taken care of.
    CODA: Acknowledged. This unit will serve as his caretaker.
    TRAINER: (pause, deep sigh)

Coda's field tests were conducted in Karrnath during the Last War, where it performed with admirable proficiency. It also acquired a Karrnathi accent for some reason; its Thuranni handlers remarked that Coda's voice reminded them of a governer they knew. However, Coda's obtuseness became a problem (in one instance, an imprecise description of a target led to the tragic death of every mime in the city of Karsgaard), and the Thuranni had the warforged shipped back to Sharn for repairs by House Cannith.

During all this time, Coda had been content to follow orders and fulfill the purpose it was constructed for. However, during transit, Coda witnessed a warforged playing music while a miniature warforged faceplate crouched on its shoulder. The song inspired the first sparks of what might be called emotion in Coda--but its lack of free will left it little recourse to act on the confusing sensation.

Somehow, the delivery went awry, and the crate containing Coda ended up in the hands of some disenfranchised Warforged living in Sharn. The treaty that ended the Last War had granted freedom to most Warforged, but the former soldiers found themselves without purpose. What the Warforged did know was that the city of Sharn was corrupting many of their number, who had turned to selling drugs and prostitution:
    WarforgedPimp.jpg?t=1272920780

The concerned warforged citizens who found Coda saw an opportunity, but a troubling one. Coda was clearly a refined instrument of punishment, but could they bring themselves to take advantage of a warforged who had not been given the gift of free will? They ultimately chose to use Coda to clean up the streets while they searched for a way to liberate its mind. Soon, the assassin became the scourge of the criminal elements that troubled warforged society. Coda acquired no small amount of renown as a deliverer of vigilante justice on behalf of the warforged race, breaking up a number of criminal gangs by assassinating their leaders and serving as a positive role model for warforged everywhere (there is some dispute about this last point). Word of Coda's exploits spread, and House Thuranni dispatched agents to reclaim their wayward weapon. Coda soon found itself in a crate again, but things were about to take a strange turn...

Coda hasn't had much opportunity for reflection, but the instability triggered by that music has led it to a few conclusions, which it would share with anyone if it were asked, which it hasn't been.
    1) It is female.
    2) Its favoriate ice cream is licorice.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Amoro Valentine, Warforged Romeo, Rapier, and Rogue.

Flash_and___Friends___by_Montreuil.jpg
    Thistlen Arjen-Comani was a legend among artificers. Her warforged creations were works of art and highly sought after by those who favored aesthetic beauty over combat prowess. Thistlen was legendary for another reason as well. She was, in layman's terms, ugly as the backside of a pitbull. She longed for the life of a fairytale princess and crafted herself a series of "pleasure-bots". Her favorite was Amoro Valentine. Every night after Thistlen's long days in the forge, she would return home to her personal swashbuckling hero.

Amoro was extremely well designed and performed his functions with gusto. He fought other warforged that took Thistlen hostage. He read her poetry in the moonlight. He tested his strength by carrying her large form across the threshold of her room.

Amoro sought to serve his master better and while she was away, began reading her tales of high adventure. He noticed a common theme among all of the heroes. They all had free will. They all CHOSE their beloveds. The idea was revolutionary to Amoro.

When Thistlen returned home (after her clockwork servents applied great force to close her bodice), he unveiled his plan. He told her that he was leaving. She would be so pleased and aroused when he left and then came back to her. She didn't give him a chance though, she panicked and de-activated him, then began working on a replacement.

He only wanted to please his mistress...where had he gone wrong? Now re-awakened, Amoro can use his talents to seek adventures and woo true beauties like his mistress...lovely half-orcs...the ravenous gnoll mistress's he had seen pictures of.

tl;dr

Warforged Lothario, lover of non-traditional beauties. Outrageous French accent.

Ice Cream is Cherry Cordial, the ice cream of true lovers.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    awesome backstory astro:mrgreen:

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sigmas
    Background will come tomorrow.
    Here's Battle Automaton Vanguard Mk. IX, nicknamed "Baracus," or, B. A. Baracus.
    Ehhh screw the name. I'll have him become a member of the A-Team considering the fact that HM Murdock's character sounds like the history I plan on giving him. A giant weapon of war deemed ineffective due to his belief that his creations have emotions and life.

Mad_Scientist_Working on