As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

> Let's Play > Wizards & Warriors (Activision, 2000)

guarguar Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
New thread, here.

guar on

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Elf, male, and rogue.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aw man, so disappointed this isn't the NES game. I came into the thread to be all like, "MORE LIKE LETS PLAY INFINITE CONTINUES FROM WHERE YOU DIED PRECISELY AND A NEWBORN INFANT CAN BEAT THIS." <_<

Henroid on
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So sorry to disappoint.

guar on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How many party members can you have in the game? I'm ready to slap out some recommendations.

Edit - Oh read over it again, 6 characters.

Henroid on
    edited August 2010
    It's possible a few might die along the way, so a few extra wouldn't hurt.

guar on
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lets go a bit, unconventional

Female, Ratling, Wizard

Z0re on
    edited August 2010
    Warriors:
    Female Dwarf
    Male Lizzord

Rogues:
    Male Ratling

Priests:
    Male Gourk

Wizards:
    Male Pixie
    Female Elf

Henroid on
  • LachrymiteLachrymite Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Human, female, warrior.

I really enjoyed this game when I was in college and still have it sitting around somewhere.

Lachrymite on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Aw man, so disappointed this isn't the NES game. I came into the thread to be all like, "MORE LIKE LETS PLAY INFINITE CONTINUES FROM WHERE YOU DIED PRECISELY AND A NEWBORN INFANT CAN BEAT THIS." <_<

Hey man, when I beat Wizards and Warriors as a nine-year-old I felt like a fucking champion.

Also, the music rules. I used to get so hella pumped listening to the intro theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ9xwkMr3e4

and as a fun bonus, this is hands-down the best video game music remix I've ever heard

http://bazooie.com/mp3/bazooie-wizards%20and%20warriors%20theme.mp3

(the default volume's a bit high, be careful before you click)

Since I don't want to actually hijack the thread, and this seems like it will be a cool LP to follow, I'll play along.

Whiskah female rogue. Sounds like a cool character to see in action.

Captain K on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I, too, am disappointed that this isn't the NES game. So many happy memories of dungeon crawling from that game.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Captain K wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Hey man, when I beat Wizards and Warriors as a nine-year-old I felt like a fucking champion.

Also, the music rules. I used to get so hella pumped listening to the intro theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ9xwkMr3e4

and as a fun bonus, this is hands-down the best video game music remix I've ever heard

http://bazooie.com/mp3/bazooie-wizards%20and%20warriors%20theme.mp3

(the default volume's a bit high, be careful before you click)

Since I don't want to actually hijack the thread, and this seems like it will be a cool LP to follow, I'll play along.

Whiskah female rogue. Sounds like a cool character to see in action.

I don't want to hijack this thread either, but on ocremix.org bazooie posts the lyrics to that remix if anyone is interested. It's also a really awesome song, especially at 1:28.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Male, Lizzord, Warrior

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aww, count me in with the Rare game people, too.

Maybe someone should make a separate thread, where we can reminisce and go on about how Rare needs to drag it out of mothballs and give it the Bionic Commando Rearmed treatment or something.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pixie Female Rogue

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pixie Female Wizard

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You really need to change the thread title or something. So disappointed.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Male Human [strike]Wizard[/strike] Priest.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had this game. The only thing I can really remember about it was
    Some female vampire REALLY wanted me to use a banana shaped relic on her.

Vray on
    edited August 2010
    Sorry everyone, it looks like I'm having some compatibility issues. While I work this out, I could use some recommendations for names. Here's the 6 I've selected:

Dwarf, female, Warrior
    Lizzord, male, Warrior
    Pixie, male, Wizard
    Ratling, female, Wizard
    Gourk, male, Priest
    Whiskah, female, Rogue

guar on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Female Dwarf: Agretta
    Male Lizzord: Sobek
    Male Pixie: Fogsoul
    Female Ratling: Scritcha
    Male Gourk: Truskkar
    Female Whiskah: Sharil

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited August 2010
    I guess I should point out that the character limit for names is capped at 14.

guar on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Male Oompha Wizard: Pack E Derm

RubberAC on
    edited September 2010
    I shortened my name suggestions. Also, more people should suggest names.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Brightower
    Cleverlode

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited September 2010
    Hey guar, are you going to be making this screenshots or video (or both)? Asking for the LP Archive thread.

Henroid on
    edited September 2010
    Screenshots.

I've also been working on a few things for this, including a form submission for voting. I'm thinking I'll start a new thread once I get everything in order and we can start this thing proper.

guar on