As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RADlands - Two games in one thread? No one can live at that speed!

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like the snorting of a portly fellow dressed in a ratty $10 trenchcoat and shitty felt fedora.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

100% Core Rules - RADlands Mods - Characters

Seasons now available on Blu-ray: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19]

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL

[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card grants you a +10% bonus to your highest stat for determining when you are RAD Poisoned or Stressed Out; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

[Introducing the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection! Be the envy of your friends! Impress women! Show that dick at work who's boss! You are! If you collect Glossolalia Collectible Card Colelction Cards! Each Card comes with a unique, useful, and occasionally devastating Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Capability! Collect all the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards and be the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Collection Commander! And, thanks to the patented Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Carry-Over, all Cards remains with you through all Glossolalia-Brand Games! Only 50000 Glossolalia Points, ORDER NOW!
[Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards Currently Available]
[Speed Racer]
[Jo'Marli]
[Locth]
[Feli]
[Thieresai]
[The Urson]
[Kih'tan (Planet)]
[Grezzibel]
[Skyaergarigyth]
[Starfish Cove]
[Ol' Stregged]
[Kih'Tan (Species)]
[ICEberg]
[Page 97]
[Loeli]
[Ytlkrek]
[SECommandos]
[Reavens]
[Urson Gateway]
[Benevochlorians]
[Malevochondria]
...and many more coming soon!

---
Deucarta

Magic is science. Golems are robots. Spirit philosophers roam the land. Psychics and Wizards battle over ancient artifacts that defy all natural law and reason. This is Deucarta. Pack your bags and don't forget your sword, 'cause there will be Hell to pay before this journey is over and you don't got the time to stop for lunch.

[vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggNOb2oFn8&feature=related"]Choose your adventure![/vidURL]

[Antheus]

(Coded Message)
"Our time together in the League of Rovers was short, but was beneficial to us both. The ban on privateer organizations has hit our type hard, but I wish to continue to our services to the public underground, away from government scrutiny. With my connections and your skills, we could take advantage of this revolution and gain a great deal of wealth, or even favor from the winning side. These are uncertain times, and at the very least we can save a few lives while making a better living than working at the prisons or on riot control. Meet at the boathouse at the end of Omen street, near the ruined lighthouse. We can work out the details there."

-H

[Sevyn Turs]

(Fliers sent to various wizard academies and mercenary companies)

Wanted!

EXPLORE untamed wilds!
DISCOVER ancient ruins and legendary artifacts!
MINGLE with barbarian warlords!
HUNT rare beasts!
BECOME part of the most important research EVER!

Research assistants needed to conduct retrieval and courier services for acclaimed royal researcher Armades Kinas, currently conducting research in Sevyn Turs, deep within the Dreamwilds. Rooms and supplies provided per diem, payment will be rendered after each job. Inquire at your local arcane college for more details and to schedule an interview. References required.

[The Mediran Plains]

(Backroom of a closed ale house in the city-state of Etlin)

"All right you bastards, the gates of Etlin are closed up tighter than the princess's cunt with Jevin's army at the gate. The city can hold up for a few months, give or take, before supplies are out. After that? We're crushed under the boot heels of those slavering rock gnawers. The council doesn't have a lot of options, and that's were I come in- recruiting you would-be mercenaries to bust out and find a way to end this siege. The other city states aren't keen on getting involved, and that has to change for Etlin to have a chance at living through this. I'm not promising a great deal of wealth, here, but I can guarantee a shit load of action, fame, and- if everything turns out lucky- the gratitude of goddamn civilization. Can you pussies take the blood oath and fight this out to the end? If you can't, turn your ass around, march out that door and get your pale white ass out of my sight."
Raneados wrote:
Squall is the best around, ain't nothing gonna keep him down.

Squall on

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DE?AD YOU SON OF A

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    vis lets talk about korean boys

Shock G on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did DE?AD ever finish the last card pack? Time to put a bee under that ass.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Vis let's talk about k-pop

E: dammit shock

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is the worst looking dance step I've seen in a long time.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Vis let's talk about k-pop

E: dammit shock
    Shock G wrote: »
    vis lets talk about korean boys
    Let's!

How hard would you do this guy?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alright, new thread.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    'bout an 8.5

t: vis

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Coolio.

10 for me.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, one of my fencing classmates walked in wearing a faux fox tail.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    fox tail guy: 85/10

Shock G on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am posting so I have that blue dot thingy on this thread.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Watching Firefly on Netflix while eating my weight in chicken spaghetti. Gooood night!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Did speed ever make a character post?

Fuck it. Silence means consent.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh dammit I didn't

one sec

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Slash Two Thousand][Cobalt Steele][Special 3%][Stress 0%]
    Traits: [Lateral Thinking 42% (in) (sk)][Arrogant 20% (df)][Subneural Hacker 42% (SK)][Subneural Bleeding 30% (sk)][Insecure 20%(wk)]
    Equipment: Speed Racer
    Injuries: [??? 80]

Cobalt gives another look around the room. "Yeah. I guess for now... I guess we really don't have any better options. It's not like we're condemning anyone to anything new. I still don't like it but... let's do what we need to do."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Psh, long-ass ooc posts and this is all I get? Pittance?
    Sweet. I wish Marsh could post more, but he's got some shit going on. Following up soon.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I drained my special meter writing posts nobody but me read

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wait, I got something going on?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wait, I got something going on?

Dusty was soliciting opinions for a final decision on cranking up hell

and also wanted to talk to you about a project to separate the storm of minds back into individual personalities after the war's over

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I thought you were preoccupied with something. You haven't really addressed anything Dusty mentioned to Henry and have been absentee, in certain respects.

edit: thanks, Speed

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Cassandra has things to say in the next update, too.

Also, Dusty's new shell is basically an item that gives him some ability to "see" sunbeural shit like Cobalt and Henry. Obviously, though, there's some lag/inconsistency to it as of yet - like trying to steer your car using only your cell-phone's camera.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It seemed like Dusty had kind of a superior method anyway?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Cassandra has things to say in the next update, too.

Also, Dusty's new shell is basically an item that gives him some ability to "see" sunbeural shit like Cobalt and Henry. Obviously, though, there's some lag/inconsistency to it as of yet - like trying to steer your car using only your cell-phone's camera.

I'm hoping he makes a better bond with it. Very much want to reach Cobalt levels of interaction even though you've been making it very hard to do so. :S

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Nope. Dusty could never really do subneural stuff. Only reason he succeeded with "talking" to hell, is that he wasn't, y'know, talking to hell - he was speaking specifically with the three "lights" (freakers) in Lucifer's shell.

Only reason he could do that is because he gets channeled through carbosilicate like RAD does, due to, y'know, currently being a subneural signature piggy-backing on the local RAD.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [/2][Dusty Bhan] Spirit 4% Stress 25%
    Traits: [Mastermind 36% (SK)] [Resolute 25% (AR)] [Red Sun Artificer 40%(sk)] [RAD Wraith 22% (SK)(df)] [Eccentric 10% (hn)]
    Equipment: i]The Staff[/i [Black Lenses 10% (sk)]
    Injury: [Scattered 25% (hn)]

"Enough agreement to proceed. Will need guidance about interface later, Cobalt. Think it is capable of what you do with your arm. For now, I will need to time to sort through Lucifer's information and reassign the other souls occupying the shell's pathways. Back to base." Dusty starts up the steps, his staff clacking against the carbosillicate tile. Just before reaching the lift, he pauses, sending a tight signal to the walls of Hell.

--> Thanks, Bro. Fighting for you, too. Rest easy for living and dead.

He steps on the platform, staff held in his folded arms. "All aboard."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Nope. Dusty could never really do subneural stuff. Only reason he succeeded with "talking" to hell, is that he wasn't, y'know, talking to hell - he was speaking specifically with the three "lights" (freakers) in Lucifer's shell.

Only reason he could do that is because he gets channeled through carbosilicate like RAD does, due to, y'know, currently being a subneural signature piggy-backing on the local RAD.

so even though two people were gifted with it, randomly, I can't actively work for the same ability?

:|

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    dunno if it's been discussed or covered, but Scarlet might not be coming back, at least for a while?
    Raneados wrote: »
    hey blvd where's sam

He got tired of SE++ being a reflex move when he opened his browser, I think he's just kind of quit
    not sure if he's going to play gloss anymore either, he hasn't told me

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rane, do you ever get tired of SE++? You seem like the guy to ask, with the whole 100k thing and all.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Sort of? I'm trying to keep the three of you from being on each other's toes.

Cobalt has more technical prowess, due largely to his carbosilicate arm interface/natural leanings.

Henry is instinctively using it, making him less... delicate with his maneuvers, but more prone to stumbling upon big shit.

Dusty has the advantage of being reduced to a subneural signature himself. He can interact with incorporated things in ways they can't. He receives most subneural cues as physical effects on himself.

Basically mind/soul/body.

Edit: Well it sure was nice of him to tell us, wasn't it.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane, do you ever get tired of SE++? You seem like the guy to ask, with the whole 100k thing and all.

naw, my posting might slow down occasionally but I like this place too much I think

you're stuck with me

probably forever

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sometimes I feel bad about how much time I spend on here

then I refresh the page and oh boy there's like 5 new blue dots for me to click on

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I get the feeling I'm gimped, somehow. I'm hoping that isn't actually the case! It is amusing that Dusty is the one that interacts with the carbosilicate at an emotive level, if his previous contact was any indication.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Going to PAX really sent home how cool most of the people are in SE++. This is the majority of my social life, and I really don't feel bad saying that.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    You're hardly gimped.

I mean...

You pretty much can't die.

You take less damage from all physical sources.

You can hijack a carbsolicate shell.

Not being quite as good at subneural hacking?

Seems fair.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    I get the feeling I'm gimped, somehow. I'm hoping that isn't actually the case! It is amusing that Dusty is the one that interacts with the carbosilicate at an emotive level, if his previous contact was any indication.

I wouldn't say you're gimped

I mean you're the only one that's actually managed to accomplish anything here

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You're hardly gimped.

I mean...

You pretty much can't die.

You take less damage from all physical sources.

You can hijack a carbsolicate shell.

Not being quite as good at subneural hacking?

Seems fair.

I was referring to being gimped in that specific ability, for no reason other than your personal preference.

Looks like you answered my question!

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    dubh is concerned that he's not a mary sue :P

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    dubh is concerned that he's not a mary sue :P

Rane, if I have to beat you with an ugly stick know that it is out of love. <3

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    dubh that is a roundabout way of calling me pretty

you liiike meeeeee <3<3<3<3<3<3

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.