As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solid Saints Cardboard Tube Challenge

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
image.php?u=166&dateline=1254698117&type=thumb

Do you hate Cardboard Tube? Do you hate him because he took away your precious chat thread? Does he mock you for your fervent love of Hitman 2? Have you ever just wanted to stick it to the man?

Right now, in the Solid Saints auction going on in SE++, Tube has put up the ability to change someone else's account name. It is a 1,000 dollar minimum to change his name. We're putting together a pool to get enough cash to get this done. Once we have the money, we'll set up a voting poll to see what we change his name to. The minimum pledge amount is $10. We have $735 to go!

Go over to the Solid Saints thread and post !PLEDGEKHOO $$$

Pledge because you hate him, but mostly, pledge because he hates you:
you'll never do it. y'all are pussies. you don't have the will.

The total seems like a good deal of money, but if we get enough people, $10 each will be more than enough.

rich_tube_sig.jpg

Langly on

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I reached into the future and got an excerpt from The Forumers Collective Journal: December 2010
    Once again failed to take down Tube. He is too smart and handsome, and we could not raise the money to change his name. We are all to be executed at dawn. No hope.

No hope.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ladies and Gentlemen of G&T,

You don't know me, nor do I know many of you, but here's the thing: We all share a common bond by being a poster on this here little web forum. Different sections of it, sure, but really...there are ties that bind.

My friend, Langly, has made you all aware that we're doing this little charity thing down in SE++. Surely, you've seen the announcement at the top of the various pages, etc. Well, as previously mentioned it's all for Child's Play. A very awesome thing. Look, it is yet another thing that we can agree upon.

Cardboard Tube, the Admin that you all know, has put up that if we collect $1,000 bucks towards this one singular bid, we can change his name on these here forums.

He has also, be mocking us:
    I reached into the future and got an excerpt from The Forumers Collective Journal: December 2010
    Once again failed to take down Tube. He is too smart and handsome, and we could not raise the money to change his name. We are all to be executed at dawn. No hope.

No hope.

We're currently $550 away from making this happen. C'mon, all it takes is for a few of you to donate $10 bucks. This is a thing that we can do. Surely, you see that.

If that's not your cup of tea, cool. But be sure to check out the rest of the stuff being auctioned. So far we're up to $3,804 with a $1,000 company match. So, you know, a lot of money for the kiddies.

Thanks, folks.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is pretty hilarious, and lots of people should donate.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will take a part in this

I may not like you all but I think I can say we can come together in the season of giving to stick it to tube

Rent on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will also take part in this

MrDelish on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    Pfft. G&T forumers clearly aren't manly enough to donate.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It is worth noting that it won't cost you anything if we don't make the goal.

You are simply pledging a small amount of money towards a far greater goal. If, and hopefully when, we break the $1,000 barrier, you'll have to donate your pledge via paypal.

Simple enough, really...and totally worth it.

Danke, gents, your help is appreciated.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's for kids.

Also I never knew that G&Ters actually disliked SE++ers. I guess it's because I don't really come out of SE++ very much.

Anyway there are some cool items up to bid on, as well. Go check it out. It's in a forum announcement.

mully on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shoulda posted in D&D. All those hippies are all about spreading the wealth.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    mully wrote: »
    It's for kids.

Also I never knew that G&Ters actually disliked SE++ers. I guess it's because I don't really come out of SE++ very much.

Anyway there are some cool items up to bid on, as well. Go check it out. It's in the forum announcements thing up there, too. ^^^^

every forum hates every other forum

it's like a thing.

Us cross-forumers are a hated lot, despised by both sides and trusted by neither

Rent on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Really wish I could help, but I've been jobless for over a year now.

I don't know what I'd do if you guys hit the $1000 barrier... It'll be hard to see him as a different name.

urahonky on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have $22 in my chequings account.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    It's for kids.

Anyway there are some cool items up to bid on, as well. Go check it out. It's in the forum announcements thing up there, too. ^^^^

every forum hates every other forum

it's like a thing.

Us cross-forumers are a hated lot, despised by both sides and trusted by neither

I'm pretty sure that's just because you, personally, are a massive douchebag.

Tube on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    you gonna take that

are you going to let him call you a douchebag

Donate Now

Swill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm pretty sure that's just because you, personally, are a massive douchebag.

yeah probably

Rent on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mistah Toob:

I don't think I've ever really run into you in your professional capacity. As in, I don't think you've ever had to smack me for anything.

However, I will gladly put up a $10 pledge towards changing your name to Smurfy McPoofyPants or something similarly inane.

Nothing personal!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Y'know what? Let's do this.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Good lads, the lot of you.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Funnily enough I only came to this thread 'cause I saw it mentioned in the Solid Saint thread. :V

Henroid on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll donate $10

on the condition that the name "Wiggin" be added to the voting pool.

SE++ knows what I'm talking about.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes, yes we do.

Get on down to the thread and make that pledge then!

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can I use Paypal to give a pledge?

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You should all pledge.

I have. If it goes through I will get a fuzzy feeling when I see Tube chastise us with the name we gave him.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Right now the pledge must only be stated in the thread as the following:

!PledgeKhoo $## <- whatever monetary donation you'd like to make.

IF we reach $1,000 you'll be asked to donate that amount through PayPal within 48 hours of the conclusion of the auction.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    assuming 1000 dollars is the winning bid

Tube on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm, $20 for TWO good causes? I'm in :^:

And crap, I didn't get the memo that we're supposed to be actively hating the other forums. I guess I should pay better attention during the secret G&T meetings.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    assuming 1000 dollars is the winning bid

That would be a twist worthy of Shmymalynananan.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'll donate $10

OH MY GOD YES

Henroid on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everyone in SE++ keeps talking smack about our neck beards and animes. Instead of helping them in their quest to change Tube's name to <very clever in-joke I'm sure>, you should go there and outbid them on all their trinkets. It won't be difficult they have only a vague idea of what money even looks like.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Hmmm, $20 for TWO good causes? I'm in :^:

And crap, I didn't get the memo that we're supposed to be actively hating the other forums. I guess I should pay better attention during the secret G&T meetings.

Bid like a champion today.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Everyone in SE++ keeps talking smack about our neck beards and animes. Instead of helping them in their quest to change Tube's name to <very clever in-joke I'm sure>, you should go there and outbid them on all their trinkets. It won't be difficult they have only a vague idea of what money even looks like.

Sadly, some of this is incredibly true.

BlueBlue, you came in like a hurricane early in the bidding and locked down much of the good stuff. You're a peach for your contributions.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'll donate $10

OH MY GOD YES

I'm torn between this and "Hitman 2 Rules"

Either would be funny

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You guys should check out the Solid Saints auction in general, there's awesome stuff up for bidding.

Henroid on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Says the guy dropping mad ducats already. You shame us with your wealth and generosity.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'll donate $10

OH MY GOD YES

I'm torn between this and "Hitman 2 Rules"

Either would be funny

Or "Daggerfall Sucks, Oblivion Rules"?

Henroid on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

it's true, I often try to exchange poop jokes for goods and services

Squall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I liked Oblivion

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man I'm pretty sure I saw you go on a long-winded spiel about Oblivion's leveling being balls compared to Daggerfall.

Edit - But screw it, the Wiggin idea wins out in the end.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Squall wrote: »

it's true, I often try to exchange poop jokes for goods and services

Capitalism, ho!

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I pledged. Get in there and do your part, G&T broheims.

Renzo on