As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Server down. Permanently. Because we killed it. SE++ WoW

Lord DaveLord Dave Grief CauserBitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Social Entropy++
Cataclysmlogo.png

Arthas is dead. Deathwing has shattered Azeroth. But the real threat looms on the horizon.
prince_kaelthas_sunstrider.jpg

Look at this motherfucker. Easily the most diabolical and evil force in Azeroth, Outland, or any colored dream. He not only used the blood elves and Illidan, but Kil'jaeden to his advantage. Check out that ability! He gains control of all ready resources! I don't even know what that means, but I'm sure it's goddamn powerful.

So Shamblers, start gearing up for Undead Fel Elemental Lord Kael'thas Sunstrider due in patch 4.3 and also in patch 5.2

HELLO WE ARE HORDE on Cho'gall!
<Shambler Milk> is the place to come if you'd like to play with SE++ers.

Instructions for joining:

1) Create a character on Cho'gall
2) /who Shambler Milk
3) Ask someone for a guild invite
4) Friends and family are welcome

Get an Authenticator you damn weiners
1161028694_Js7bb-L.jpg

Required Mods:

MilkGlass!

...that's it.

Raid Schedule: TBD

Likely it will remain at 8PM server/9PM EST/6PM PDT
(6PM server weekends)

Suggested Reading:

How to not be that guy in groups. Don't be that guy.

WoW Terminology. If you find yourself confused by the language of WoW, this is a good place to start.
Metacortex wrote: »
How to Shamble in the Clysm

You like raids, yes? Well we got raids. Here are a few things that you need to do if you want to Shamble Raid.
  1. Download and install MilkGlass!
  2. Download and install Ventrilo. You don't need to have a mic, but you do need to be able to, and know how to listen.
  3. Download an up to date version of Deadly Boss Mods.
  4. Know your class. The Elitist Jerks Forums generally have good information for every class, so give some of their information a read through. You can also ask in guild and people will try to help.
  5. Have your gear properly gemmed and enchanted. Yes this costs gold. Tough shit, do it anyway. Don't be a Moopac.
  6. Be able to pay attention and think/act/react on your own.
  7. Have (at least) a rudimentary knowledge of the encounters in which you are about to partake.

Following is a video compilation of the current raid boss encounters. Watch them and learn so you're not a dumb. Most of these are from TankSpot and, while I find the lady's voice a bit annoying and she is apparently incapable of saying "roar", they are generally pretty good at explaining the encounter. It should also be noted that some of the videos are 10 man, and some are 25. This does not change much other than the numbers involved, and either way the videos work as learning tools.

Baradin Hold
Baradin Hold is the new Vault of Archavon type raid and currently contains one boss, and he is easy sauce. Still, if you do not know how to Argaloth, watch the video.

Pit Lord Argaloth

Bastion of Twilight
Halfus Wyrmbreaker
Halfus is accompanied by six additional NPC dragons. The first is his pet Proto Drake that will attack the raid. You can't do anything about him.

The other five, of which only three will be active in a given raid reset, all give Halfus different abilities. The raid needs to activate these dragons and kill them to weaken Halfus in order to kill him. I am including this list as the video that follows was a bit vague on some of them, but it's still informative.
Slate Dragon:
Gives Halfus the "Maleficent Strikes" ability. Stacking mortal strike debuff, forces a tank swap.
Killing Slate Dragon causes the BOSS (not the raid) to be stunned for 12 seconds periodically.

Nether Scion:
Gives Halfus the "Frenzy" ability. Increases attack speed by 100%.
Killing Nether Scion reduces the BOSS: Chance to hit, attack speed, and damage done by 25%.

Time Warden:
Activates the proto-behemoth's "Fireball Barrage" (i think it needs to be dodged, conflicting info still)
Killing the Time Warden slows down the fireballs, making them easier to dodge.

Storm Rider:
Activates Halfus' "Shadow Nova" spell (needs to be interrupted)
Killing the Storm Rider reduces the cast time of Shadow Nova by 100%, making it possible to interrupt.

Orphaned Emerald Whelps:
Activates the Proto-behemoth's "Scorching Breath" ability (causes lots of raid damage, needs to be healed)
Killing the whelps reduces the damage dealt to the raid by the Proto-behemoth (might also reduce boss damage, unsure)

Halfus Wyrmbreaker
Valiona & Theralion
These two dragons will tag team your raid. The video speaks for itself.

Valiona and Theralion
Twilight Ascendant Council
Here we fight guys of Earth, Fire, Wind and Water. But not Heart, fuck that guy. Then those guys turn into Captain Planet and you kill him, too. This fight also features one of the few times when being in fire is a good thing.

Twilight Ascendant Council
Cho'gall
This guy is our server's namesake. He is a big two-headed ogre fuck with tons of abilities and features a unique Corruption mechanic somewhat similar to Yogg-Saron's Insanity.

Cho'gall

Thone of the Four Winds
The Conclave of Wind
The Conclave of Wind features three big Genie bastards, but no Robin Williams. Each has their own abilities. Sometimes you need to use wind jets to change platforms and it's overall a pain in the junk.

The Conclave of Wind
Al'Akir
Al'Akir is the biggest Genie of them all. He does knockbacks and blizzards and adds and tornadoes. The tornadoes constantly move around the platform and have a random place in them that you can get into to let them pass by a la the lava waves on Sartharion. Which is awesome because I know how good you assholes were at avoiding that shit. Also, in phase three it's kind of like Malygos phase three in that you are flying around in three dimensional space which is awesome for the same reason as doing Malygos with you fucks was always fun. Kill me now.

Al'Akir
Blackrock Descent
Omnotron Defense System
This encounter features four elemental golems, of which only two will be active at a time. Each has their own unique abilities as are laid out in the video. For God's sake kill the fucking slimes.

Omnotron Defense System
Magmaw
Magmaw is a big lava worm thing that rapes everyone with fire or something. Then you impale him on a spike and do the damages. Also there are little parasitic worm things that I'm sure we will be awful at dealing with.

Magmaw
Maloriak
There's no TankSpot video for Maloriak yet, so instead you'll get a list of abilities and a crappier video that, while it does point out things about the boss, it does so in text and is accompanied by some metal. Rock on.

Boss stuff:
Boss Abilities:
  • Throughout the fight, Maloriak will cast Arcane Storm which deals damage to the whole raid. Have a designated interrupter for this.
  • He will also cast Release Aberrations periodically which needs to be interrupted or cast depending on your situation. You need to have 9 aberrations for each green phase, so plan accordingly.
    BOTH of these abilities can be slowed by Slow, Curse of Tongues, etc... so do that
  • The last thing he will cast is Remedy which will heal Maloriak. This needs to be dispelled or spell stolen.
Phase 1:
  • Red Vial - When Maloriak throws a red vial into the cauldron, everyone in the raid needs to stack up due to Scorching Blast which deals damage to everyone in a frontal cone. The damage is split amongst everyone in it. Along with this he will cast Consuming Flames. When this happens, that raid member needs to move away from the blast zone of his breath to avoid death, and then back in after the debuff dissipates.
  • Blue Vial - When Maloriak throws a blue vial into the cauldron, everyone in the raid needs to spread out due to Flash Freeze, a Kel'Thuzad mechanic that chains to anyone close by. It has 5,000 health and must be destroyed before the player can be freed.
  • Green Vial - When Maloriak throws a green vial into the cauldron, the vial explodes and everything in the room (Adds, Boss and Raiders) becomes coated in a Debilitating Slime which gets rid of any Growth Catalysts and causes a 100% damage taken increase.
  • Phase one will last for 2 cycles of all 3 vials.
Phase 2:
  • When Maloriak reaches 25% health, he will enter phase 2.
  • During the transition into phase 2, Maloriak will release all of his remaining minions. The two large ones need to be tanked by the off tank.
  • Once he has transitioned into phase 2, he will gain 3 new abilities. (Below)
  • Fire - He will periodically cast Magma Jets on a random raid member. He will face the target beforehand and this can be strafed out of. It also knock the target into the air, causing fall damage.
  • Frost - He will also cast Biting Chill which is an orb summoned below the target and slowly drops to the ground, exploding on impact.
  • Poison - Finally, he will cast Acid Nova which will hit the whole raid and do AoE damage. This must simply just be healed through.
Strategy:
  • Tank Maloriak close to his cauldron.
  • Stack for red, spread out for blue. AoE adds during green.
  • Get 9 adds per phase.
  • Save Bloodlust for phase 2 and burn him ASAP.
  • He has a tight enrage timer so you need to time the second adds to die close to 25% and then burn him.

Maloriak
Atramedes
Atramedes is a blind dreggin and we are the Harry Potters. This encounter relies on a unique sound mechanic. Getting hit by stuff adds sound to your sound bar. If you hit 100 sound the dreggin will kill you. There are gongs around the room that will stun Atramedes and reset everyone's sound, but you can only use each one once.

Atramedes
Chimaeron
Chimaeron is a big ol' three headed Hydra guy. This fight is all about keeping the raid just over 10k health and sounds like a bitch on healers. Then at the end he just starts eating everyone and you can't heal anymore and blurgh.

Chimaeron
Nefarion(and undead Onyxia)
Couldn't find a good video on this one yet, the one posted will give some idea of how the fight works but it's not as precise as one would like. I will update to a better video when I can. Til then here's a summary from wowhead. Sounds like a real pain.
How to: Nefarian (Normal)

Boss is split in to 3 phases, p1 with nefa/ony, p2 with magma/nefa flying/adds and p3 with nefa/fire.

(Note for 10man: You absolutely NEED 3 healers, unless you have extremely good self heals combined with some luck in phase 2, as you can not reach from one platform to another. And the boss does stupid amounts of aoe damage anyways.)

Phase 1

Fight starts with pulling ony, and the idea here is to nuke nefa as close to 71% as possible but not to 70% and then kill ony.
One tank pull ony to one side of the room, bosses side facing the raid (To make this more clear, look at the minimap. For example, tank ony at the east side of the circle, with his head being south and tail at north. Nefarian on the other side, same thing). Ony does tail lash behind him (~40k physical dmg to clothies, ~50y range), breath in front of him and lightning to his sides (can not be outranged). Nefa has same breath/tail lash, but no lightning to sides.
During phase 1, adds spawn which periodically stack a buff on themselves increasing phys dmg and movement speed, simply cc the adds (fear/trap/root/shackle/whatever) but make sure you do not cc them in front of the bosses breath, as the breath frees them from cc and gives them max energy again. Once the mob runs out of energy, itll die until phase 3.

As mentioned above, tank ony with her side facing the raid. When lightning sparks start forming around ony, turn onys tail towards raid to avoid massive aoe damage. When it ends, turn it back again.

As for dps, melee can go straight for nefa when he lands (unless you are very melee heavy), rest of the dps get ony down to around 10-15% (tank can whittle her down) then move to nefa. The thing about dps'ing nefa is that everytime you take 10% of his health off, he does a ridiculous aoe nuke to everyone in the raid, which is unavoidable (hits for ~105k before resists). Make sure you use nature res aura/totem, def cooldowns and be topped off before it hits (the boss will emote as well). After 2 electrocutes and nefa at ~71-74%, kill ony to trigget p2.

Phase 2

Nefa flies to air and the platform sinks in to magma. Split the raid in to 3 evenly and jump on the pillars and IMMEDIATELY start interrupting the adds spawned on the pillars. Melee nuke down the adds on pillars, ranged nuke either nefa or the adds, depending whether you want to nuke nefa down more during p2 and eating another electrocute (remember, ~100k aoe on top of already nefa spamming random aoe). Nefa himself will simply spam random shadow bolt thingies which have a tiny aoe upon landing, so spread on top of the pillar to minimize damage (Needs confirming, not 100% sure about whether they have aoe at all). Phase 2 ends when the last add dies.
(If you didnt nuke nefa during p2, he will still be at ~71% hp, otherwise, you could theoretically even kill him in phase 2 if you can just eat all the aoe thrown at you while keeping at least one add alive. Dont know if theres an enrage timer or anything or if he comes down at some point regardless of adds, but if he does, its a very forgiving timer)

Phase 3

Nefa has the same abilities as in p1 and one additional ability which will resurrect the adds in phase 1 back. The new ability will spread fire on the ground, which will reignite the adds from p1 back. The idea is to have one tank, one dps who can snare (frost mages are the #1 for this) and one heal kite all the adds around while attempting to keep them out of fire to have them deactivate for a little while, resetting their stacks of their self buff (The snaring DPS doesnt have to help the tank 24/7. Warrior tanks can do it by themselves with Piercing Howl). Pay attention to the flying meteors which indicate where the fire will land, move accordingly and reset the mobs as much as possible (Unless your DPS is very good or you took nefa down close to ~50% already during phase 2, you HAVE to reset their stacks or they will mow down your raid at some point.)

The rest of the raid nuke nefa, tank him in the middle of the room, watch out for tail lash/breath (still reignites adds!), move out of fire if needed and remember, for every 10% nuked, 100k aoe to everyone. If/When fire spreads to the middle, move accordingly, but make sure you dont have nefa breathing at the adds.
As long as you have either very good dps or your add group kites successfully, nefa will go down eventually.

Nefarion
Hey dudes I made a little UI guide thing for you bros that keep asking to help with yours. Uis are pretty personal things, no two Uis will be the same but I kinda want this to be like a starting point for you bros to get your Uis going.
Addons I use.

Bagnon
Button Facade
Chatter
Classtimer
Clique
Docsdebugrunes
Dominos
Doom Cooldown Pulse
Elkanos buff bars
Grid
Miks scrolling battle text
Obituary
Omen3
OmniCC
Quartz
Recount
SexyMap
SLData text
Tidy Plates
Tidy Plates: Threat plates
Tooltip on mouse
Xperl
DBM

Addons you better use if you're not a Feeg

Milkglass (its for butts)

Thats a good number off Addons I suppose, if you don't feel comfortable using all those at the same time or don't think you need to uses some of them thats fine. Start slow, Changing your entire UI in a day can take some getting used to so if you just want to ease yourself in then by all means be a babbie.

HOW I MINE FOR ADDON?!?!

Here I'll tell you how I set up my various Addons just as kind of a reference, If you don't like the way I Set my stuff you can change it to your liking or send a complaint to mirren. I'll also put picture I guess.

Bagnon: just Set it and forget it. It also lets you see whats in the bags of all your characters just by selecting the little portrait of yourself in the corner and switching to another toon.
Untitled.png

Button Facade: Add a border to your buttons. Make it so you do have a border. Do what ever you feel is right with your bars. No real set up need, just find the button facade menu in your addons panel and choose which on you want
border.png
bfACE.png

ClassTimer: I love classtimer, not only does it show any buff or debuff you want on your target, it also does the same for you, your pet, and your focus! I set mine to be just above my bars, and make them stack up in stead of down. To add buffs or debuffs to tracking just go into timers-->extra--> then add the spell you want.
classt.png

Clique: lets you easily bind stuff to keys or key combos or mouse buttons or key and mouse button combos. The possibilities are endless! Setting your binds is straight forward and clique even has a little tutorial.

Docsdebugrunes: awesome for Dks compact addon that tell you all you need to know bout DK stuff like rune cooldowns duration of the infusion buff on your ghoul, size of the next blood shield if you choose to deathstrike after a hit. Its awesome

Dominos: I love dominos, perhaps my favorite addon, you can do pretty much anything you can think of with your bars and its easy to use.
Here is my set up You might not like they way I have my bars set but this is just an example.

Action Bar 1
Size: 12
Column: 6
Spacing: 13
Padding: 3
Scale: 122

Action Bar 2
Same as above

Action Bar 3
Size: 6
Columns: 6
Spacing: 30
Padding: 1
Scale: 77

Action Bar 4
Same as 3

Bar: 5
Size: 12
Columns: 12
Spacing:4
Padding: 2
Scale:86

Bars 6-10 are unused for but you can do with them what you will
dominos.jpg
These are numbers are scaled to my monitor so they might be a little different then what you desire but you can fiddle with them till they are right.

Elkanos Buff Bars: My preferred replacement for the blizzard buff icon. Pretty straightforward set up. Just drag it yo where ever you desire, you can add or remove buffs that you want to track through the options menu
ebb.png

Grid: Grid is awesome, I use it as a party/raid frames replacement but its also invaluable for telling who has aggro, who's dying, Who's dead, incoming heals, who has what debuff and a bunch of other junk. Setting up grid is an adventure in and of itself but thats more for healers and I assume they already know what to do. The base version of Grid works just fine as a party/raidframe. Set up can be a bit daunting just because of the sheer number of menus and sub menus but its pretty simple to set up once you get past them.
grfi.png

Omen3: Aggro meter. Useful for tanks and DPS who don't want to pull aggro and die like chumps (Revash). Pretty much set and forget unless you want to tweak the visuals. I personally have it set to transparent along with recount.

Recount: Dps meter to show how bad you are, why are you so bad, do 2k more dps.
rec.png

SexyMap: Map mod lets you put all kinds of pretty borders and shit around your map. Also allows you to move it away from the top corner postion. I use the simple square preset because I don't like a lot of bullshit around my map. Maps are serious goddamn business and anyone who tells you otherwise is a communist sympathizer
map.png

SLData Text: This is a replacement for the regular menu bar, the one that shows your latency and all that other junk you hardly ever look at. To get to the config for this you have to type /sldt.
sldt.png
Tidy Plates and Tidy Plates: Threat Plates: the semicoloning pt 2 race to shoe mountain: Name plate mod that rules. They aren't as useless as the blizzard ones. They show who has aggro on what how much aggro, cast bars and other life saving tips.

ToolTip on mouse: it puts the tool tips on your cursor.

Deadly boss mods: Derp

Xperl: A UnitFrame mod that lets you change and move all the unit frames ever. I have mine set to not show party or raid frames because I use Grid for that. To navigate to the config menu just type /xperl and away you go.
xdr.png

Once you set up all your addons and stuff you might have a cool UI like this or a horrible abomination, Who knows?
WoWScrnShot_010511_155544.jpg

If I missed something let me know, or if you need help or something.

Guild Roster

The Officers:

Lord Dave - Mirren - Mage - Queen of the Guild
EclipsedPlanet - Montina - Paladin - Consort
Ranlin - Alendra - Druid - Weh Wemh
Radius - Kyira - Rogue - Hates you
Metacortex - Nobarg - Warrior - Grabby
Dely Apple - Pipette - Hunter - 106.3, Radio KDLY
Bogey - ******** - Paladin

Master of Feegs:
Nikolai - Higgins - Butt

The Plebeians:

Rhylith - Rhylith - Shaman
Dys - Dystopian - Shaman
captaink - Knut - Shaman
Balefuego - Baledar - Shaman
Lock Robster! - Eits - Druid
Opalcat - Pittpolecat - Warlock
Javen - Javen - Rogue
SA - Revash - Warlock
Bucketman - Skragg - Warrior
Belruel - Belruen - Priest
Laurrie - Aladorn - Death Knight
Gatsby - Jerne - Hunter
Naphtali - Naphtali - Priest
Mitten - Cless - Priest
GRMike - Borrock - Paladin
Sarukun - Kerokoa - Druid
Bytoady - Toadles - Warrior
The Geebs that is a Mod - Vonne - Priest
Slow - Nsfw - Rogue
Langly - Cuthburt - Paladin
Animal Companion - Xenomortis - Rogue
Ruer - Mintaka - Warrior
Cilla Black - Urdahlia - Priest
Zucchini - Zucchini - Druid
Blankspace - Blankasaurus - Hunter
Manifest - Manif - Paladin
Callius - Callius - Paladin
Wubblewoo - Wubblewoo - Paladin
Ranx - Vamrithis - Priest
Shabooty - Ooty - Druid
Aphostile - Ephostile - Druid
Tsplitter - Rasmius - Warrior
Swill - Swills - Paladin
Deaconblues - Normanus - Priest
Shadowthomas - Xangia - Paladin
Scosglen - Barnago - Warlock
Uriel - Rotshank - Rogue

The Babbies:

That Dave Fella - Dafella - Shaman
Vargas Prime - Vhargas - Paladin
Fearghaill - Euryale - Warlock
Andrew Ryan - Dryan - Death Knight
The Stig - Ursine - Druid
Stale - Stizz - Warrior
Asmodei - Fahren - Warlock
Baywatch - Crossbuster - Rogue
Professor Snugglesworth - Jordinand - Druid
Quoth - Lydda - Hunter
End - Kualthala - Paladin
SabreMau - Charvanek - Paladin
SLyM - Davl - Druid
Munkus Beaver - Munkus - Druid
I Win Swordfights! - Korovan - Paladin
??? - Snrub - Druid
Sara Lynn - Odella - Rogue
joshua1numbers - Trollishness - Druid
Isoldae - Isomon - Warlock

Along with all the friends and families of Shamblers.

MISSING:

Derrick - ??? - ???

Shamblers of Yore:

Meissnerd - Stop healing him
makershot - Rubenesque - Shaman
Drool - Remmos - Baby with a beard
WhiskeyBiznass - Gwency - Rogue
Omegasquash - Omegasquash - Paladin
Fallout - TOMCRUISE - DK
Frylockholmes - Valikriss - Warrior
Aburnflags - Vilmon - Paladin
Preachermeat - Krythlynn - Paladin
Joah - Chatturgha - Shaman
Linksville - Franksville - Druid
Kusuguttai - Kusu - Warlock
futility - Shekhina - Hunter
SkankPlaya - Vaklempt - Warlock
Fandyien - Fandyien - Priest
World as Myth - Yosephine - Rogue
Captain Cthulu - Naporeon - Paladin
Neville - Nevga - DK
SithDrummer - Arkjin - Hunter
Hoodie - Avataar - Hunter
Aslan - Pysek - Mage
Owenashi - Kaziel - Warrior
Backwards - Sdraw - Mage
Centipede - Ravkaras - warlock
Roahgnar - Anjin-San - Warrior
Jes is a - jessaissa - Mage

Are you new? Check some of this stuff out so you won't be awful.
Curse Gaming: World of Warcraft mod depository. If it's a WoW mod it's probably here.

Wowhead: The best database for WoW hands-down.

MMO-Champion: The go-to site for patch and PTR news.

WoW Insider: The Kotaku of WoW. Slower news than everyone else, and a lot of crappy articles, but occasionally a rare gem.

Elitist Jerks Forums: Wondering whether haste or crit is better for you? EJ has had their results on that published in scientific journals.

Pet Collectors: Compendium for vanity pets. What pets exist, and how to get them.

Pettopia: Compendium for hunter pets. What pets exist, and how to get them

Mount Up!: Compendium for mounts. What riding pets exist and how to get them.

Wow Wiki: The largest known database of WoW lore outside of Owenashi geocities page.

Goodbye Northrend, we will miss your icy mountains majesty above the zombied plains

mkc.png
Lord Dave on

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    lvl 83. Who wants to babysit me while I tank in 2 levels?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i found a camel

it didnt magic me away to the camel mount guy

worst boxing day ever

ps farming khorium so my flying machine gets flame stickers and a hula doll is unfun

Beasteh on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How to stand in this fire?

I haven't even seen the fire to stand in!

I did hear the fire visited Twilight Highlands yesterday though.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So resurrecting my druid and trying to learn how to boomkin in Vash'jir is a bit daunting. That place is crazy.

Drool on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Vash is the best new zone in cataclysm, and considering how amazing they've made some of the old zones (Hillsbrad, man) that's saying a lot.

Westfall was really neat too, although it was kind of interesting how the most dominating new feature of the landscape gets one quest regarding it and is never mentioned again. (the glowy shit)

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    and if you don't bother going to the lighthouse, it's zero quests

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah it was just intense because I'm trying to figure out the ins and outs of this eclipse bar and how my spells work together, and at the same time dudes can come at me from any where and it's a lot more densely populated then most underwater areas.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    alright, here's boomkin in a nutshell
    (boy this sure is a big nutshell)

starsurge when it's up, unless you're about to hit an eclipse
    wrath/starfire then moonfire
    swarm
    more wrath/sf
    starsurge on procs

dead

for >2 mobs?
    add in starfall and some trees, dot all the mobs, throw some nukes around, typhoon, hurricane

things fall over

granted, i just use boomkin to quest/farm so maybe i suck
    but i chain kill dudes like a boss so i dunno

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ALSO

get the aqua form glyph RIGHT NOW

you're as fast in vash with that as with the mount, but you can now run away in battles, or loot and run, etc
    made the zone a joke as a druid

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    every zone is a joke as druid because you can loot arbitrary quest shit in flight form, which is the biggest hunk of crap ever. (yes I'm jealous)

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks, and yeah I was starting to finally get the hang of it. The starsurge procs are crazy damage. I'm going to have to bug someone to make that glyph, and several others actually, but I have so very little money.

Also I replaced my Nightsong pants with a quest green. It hurt a little inside.

Drool on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was roguin' in a pug with 4 dudes from Dethecus and got called an idiot for sapping something.

Then, one of the paladins rolled need on a mastery and agi trinket and then they called me an ass for pointing out how there is no paladin offspec that uses agi.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What sort of idiot uses CC? I mean seriously.

:rotate:

Speaking of pugs: So far, all my heroic pugs have been successful, but I guess I only did a heroic pug once. Oh, and I guess we pugged a tank last night, but that went pretty smoothly even though the tank did some dumb things (like getting thrown off the ledge by trash, heh).

End on
  • Options
    IrtehmongooseIrtehmongoose Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    every zone is a joke as druid because you can loot arbitrary quest shit in flight form, which is the biggest hunk of crap ever. (yes I'm jealous)

I grumble about that every time I see a druid do it.

Irtehmongoose on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I even have an 80 druid, it's just not a class I ever found very enjoyable to play as. (though I need to give the new moonkin a try)

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    IrtehmongooseIrtehmongoose Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried making a druid a few times, never managed to get one past the mid 20s.

Irtehmongoose on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm kind of excited about resto. I didn't realize all the changes they made, but it's quite different. Tree of life actually does something besides make you look dumb like it used to, plus it looks awesome which is a bonus.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I used to be under the impression that druid leveling as a cat was the easiest thing in the game.

Now I know that belongs to a warrior in heirloom gear. It literally takes about 3 seconds to kill any and all mobs, you never get below maximum health and if you go prot you can get massive groups of enemies together without breaking a sweat.

The only thing they lack is a cat druid's speed and stealth, so you can't bypass stuff as well. But since you can just mow through it all, that hardly matters.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Leveling cat was tons of fun. You can basically handle any situation as a druid. Assassinate/get a thing in cave quests are super easy because you can stealth everywhere and if things go bad you can tank a ton of dudes and heal yourself afterwards.

Drool on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i am basically the archdruid at this point

druids own so hard

Beasteh on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not a plebe mirren

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was roguin' in a pug with 4 dudes from Dethecus and got called an idiot for sapping something.

Then, one of the paladins rolled need on a mastery and agi trinket and then they called me an ass for pointing out how there is no paladin offspec that uses agi.

Dethecus is going for the Illidan title.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tell me about the new fires in 'clysm

also I'm not on any of those lists in the OP >: (

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »

Dethecus is going for the Illidan title.

The way I figured it was that there are now two categories. Illidan still has all the bads. Those guys from Dethecus weren't bad players, they were just assholes.

The guy eventually gave me the trinket but not without being all douchy about it.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    guys it's my birthday give me presents

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    johnny_rockerjohnny_rocker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    where's the cheapest place to get WotLK now? My brother got Cata for christmas but skipped wrath.

johnny_rocker on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Kyira, whenever you get a chance to log on I can make your thing

Javen on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so this heirloom nonsense, how does one go about this?

I see all this "justice point" and "champion seal" moon speak. It's all gibberish.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    so this heirloom nonsense, how does one go about this?

I see all this "justice point" and "champion seal" moon speak. It's all gibberish.

You can buy heirloom items from either the heirloom vendor in dalaran, or from a similar vendor at the argent tournament. Justice points are basically honor points, but instead of getting some everytime you kill a player, it's everytime you kill a boss in an 85 dungeon. Champions seals you get from doing dailies at the argent tournament, or running heroic Trial of the Champion

There's shoulder and chest armor for each kind of playstyle, with the exception of spell plate, which give 10% bonus xp when worn, as well as weapons and trinkets that don't give the bonus xp. The heirlooms level with your character, gradually growing in stats as your character grows in level, up to level 80, so you'll be able to wear them the until you start getting cataclysm gear.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    druid is easily my favorite class now

hell, i made a second druid just to herb farm

redfenix on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5366/ready-for-raiding and getting it on my first try.

I was already ready.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I love http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5366/ready-for-raiding and getting it on my first try.

I was already ready.

This is the only one I have, and I am pretty proud of it.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hey guys, that means we're ready to go do Halion now.

Actually, fuck that, Halion is boring and dumb.

End on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Soooo... I'm 85 on my lock now and bored of my old server. How's Shambler Milk for all of the nerds at 85? Doing rated BGs, 10 man pugs, arenas or anything along those lines? ... Do you guys smell?

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god I started playing this again.

about 1.5 weeks into playing...

/played over 3 days....

Al_wat on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    i got cata for christmas
    installing it now
    my life is over

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the /played time I have on Skragg is truely depressing. I could have done so much more with my life

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For extra fun, multiply your hours /played by your hourly pay rate at whatever job you have or feel you should have.

You might be a Mirren if you could buy a house with it.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    just switch mains every expansion like I do, I have less than 20 days played on my paladin

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    For extra fun, multiply your hours /played by your hourly pay rate at whatever job you have or feel you should have.

You might be a Mirren if you could buy a house with it.

that's not fun at all!

zucchini on
This discussion has been closed.