As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

4E Modern

timejockeytimejockey Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
Hello all,
After spending some time with Essentials and the new Gamma World, I had some thoughts on a modern take on 4E that was loosely based on the old d20 edition. I've been working on this over the past few weeks and my group is currently playtesting it in a sci-fi campaign we are running, so I thought I would post it here for some more opinions and critiques. Please let me know what you think, and any major issues or problems that you see with it.
Thank you!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46261220/4EModern

timejockey on

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a feeling that his thread won't get many replies, unfortunately, as anything outside the 4E Discussion thread tends to get ignored (and things within it that don't have to do with the mechanics of official 4E materials also tends to get ignored).

I promise that I'll look more in-depth at this when I have time.

EDIT: I see you posted this on RPG.net, too. You'll likely get more replies there, but I don't know how good their advice will be.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I appreciate it. I'm new to this forum so I misses the specific 4E discussion thread, and I was just trying to get this out there to see if it worked and what needs work on it. I know its not perfect, far from it, but I think it has potential with some work. And I've gotten some feedback off rpg.net and En World, but not a lot of constructive input. And I tried posting it on WOTC's board, but one of the third party companies that is putting out their own take on a modern game trolls there and posts how awesome their game is if someone starts a discussion about a modern game.

I appreciate the look-see when you have time and any other opinions and input.

timejockey on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd love to see some of the setting for the old d20 Modern updated (Space, Superheroes, Dwarfs and Elves in modern times, ect.) with the new 4E system.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We are currently trying this out in a space campaign and it seems to be working well so far. My initial thoughts were to replace the Core class with a racial class if you were in a setting with non-humans.

timejockey on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think that you should take a look at Star Wars Saga if you want to do this sort of thing.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Isn't the star wars saga more like 3.5. I am playing a game seems like mechanics are like in 3.5

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm familiar with Saga, and I've been watching the progress of e20, but my group likes 4E right now so that is why I was working on this.

timejockey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    More revisions and some changes, equipment section is mostly complete, and I've started on the vehicle rules.
    Opinions and suggestions always appreciated.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46261220/4EModern

timejockey on