As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Sheryl Crow Role-Playing Game IC/OOC] Hard to make a stand

simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a differencetoday, a differenceRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in Critical Failures

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sherylcrow.gif

WHAT IS THIS GAME SIMON

It's the Sheryl Crow Role-Playing Game. Read the information above, it contains all the info you'll ever need. If you don't like the layout, then you can go ahead and download the pdf (it's a freebie) from right here. It's a quick read.

WHAT'S THE PREMISE

Man, can't you read? We'll be going with the base setting - all the player characters are trying to meet Sheryl Crow. One step further - you're all in a band, and Sheryl Crow is your muse. Maybe you're a Sheryl Crow cover band, that's your call! The point is, Sheryl Crow is your objective. Maybe other things will happen. That's the magic of the Sheryl Crow Role-Playing Game, we come up with the story together.

HOW WILL THIS WORK

Like any other play-by-post! We'll be using this as the IC and OOC thread, probably post in a different colour for in-character shenanigans. When the time comes to make a roll, I'll let you know, and then you can describe what you do as you roll. If you succeed or fail, don't worry, I Will Walk With You, and narrate the outcome. Who knows what insanity will occur during the game? Not me, that's for sure.

HOW DO I APPLY

Go over to Orokos or Invisible Castle and roll 3d6, no dupes! Whatever you get, assign one to each of Skill, Stamina, and Sexiness. That's your character. Post your rolls up, along with your character concept - who you are, what you do, why you love Sheryl Crow. Think of cool things your character will say, and what they will do, and what they'll carry with them.

WHEN WILL WE START

I'll give it a few days for people to apply, then I'll pick the people who want to meet Sheryl Crow the most, and they'll be in the band. I'm looking for four people, but if it's really popular, we could do more. Maybe, if you're lucky.

So go on, get applying! You know you want to.

sheryl_crow-post.jpg

simonwolf on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Holy god, simon

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    fuck yes

this may be the best RPG ever

i say god bless this mess

when i finish sleepin' off this hangover

with my beer buzz early in the morning

i'll submit a character

and if it doesn't make me happy

it will be

my favorite mistake

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    well this certainly exists

Shock G on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What is this I don't even

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Simon, if you'd do all my rolling for me (it is a real pain in the ass from my phone) I would play this game.

Roll me some stats and I will make a character to fit them!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Your wish is my command, Ringo!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862601/
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862606/

Your stat numbers are 4, 5, and 1! Assign one to each of Stamina, Sexiness, and Skill. Hooray!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    what the christ, simon q

what the crow

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arivqa that is not a question I can answer, since Sheryl Crow speaks for itself

simonwolf on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    disappointed this is not titled Agents of CROW

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If the players Sheryl their way into the heart and mind of Dear Sheryl, perhaps they will become Agents of CROW

until then, they've just gotta sheryl it to the max

simonwolf on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This...

Is awesome.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    5 Skill
    4 Sexiness
    1 Stamina

Imma be Lady Gaga, in.desperate search for her one true love, Sheryl Crow to teach her how to play guitar. Also gonna ride a polar bear. It will wear leather boots to match my outfit.

I will be the new queen of the tuesday nifht music club!? Just ou watch me!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh my gods. I'll be watching this with great interest/morbid curiosity.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If you're unhappy with my concept, simon, I'll redo it. I was a bit intoxicated when I came up with that.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THE LACK OF INTEREST IN THIS GAME IS A CRIME
    WHY IS THIS GAME NOT HAPPENING

DON'T BULLSHIT ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY

SHERYL CROW IS INTO ME OR PERHAPS I JUST HAVE A VERY COMPELLING THEORY THAT SHERYL CROW IS INTO ME AND I AM GOING TO MAKE LIFE ITSELF WISH IT HAD NEVER EMERGED FROM EXISTENCE IF IT TAKES THAT TO GET YOU PEOPLE TO PLAY THIS GAME

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STARING AT

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: 3#1d6 1 4 1

FUCKING REROLLS: 1d6 6

SEXINESS 1

SKILL 4

STAMINA 6

LOOK AT THOSE STATS YOU IGNORANT SCUMBAGS

THIS GAME IS EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER NEEDED AND INSTEAD OF PLAYING IT YOU'RE GARGLING PROCESSED ANIMAL/VEGETABLE SLURRY WITH ALCOHOL AND DRUGS AND FASCISM AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE WHILE YOU ARE FALLING ASLEEP TO FOX NEWS

I AM FIFTY YEARS OLD NOW SHERYL CROW

I ATTACK MY VERY EXISTENCE CONSTANTLY AND AGGRESSIVELY SO THAT I SHALL NOT FEEL THE DEEP VOID OF THE FUTON I HAVE OWNED FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS AND THAT I HAVE ALSO NAMED SHERYL

THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO NOT WANT THIS

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I AM HENRY ROLLINS

20633130283654ef4352.jpg

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Horseshoe, you are not Henry Rollins.

Rolls:

Chargen: 3#1d6 2 5 2

Reroll a 2:

Reroll a 2: 1d6 4

So, a 2, a 4 and a 5.

Stamina: 4

Skill: 5

Sexiness: 2

I think.

Kim Pine, disillusioned with her role in Sex Bob-omb as the drummer, has decided to become the most awesome country guitarist in the world, after seeing Sheryl Crowe live.

The performance changed her life. Her ambition is now to become as hot and sexy as Sheryl herself, while improving her staying power and fabulous finger fretwork as a kickass guitarist in the Crowe Country Style.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Words do not exist that adequately describe my feelings at seeing this game.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Horseshoe, you are not Henry Rollins.

I ALREADY KNEW THAT

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THIS PERSON IN THIS VIDEO IS NOT SAFE FOR YOU TO WATCH IN THAT BOX YOU GO INTO FOR SEVERAL HOURS A DAY TO GET MONEY OR AN EDUCATION OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE TOLD IS WORK THOUGH SOMETIMES THE PERSON IN THIS VIDEO IS COMPLETELY FINE TO WATCH ANYWHERE AND HE IS A VERY NICE BUT STILL ANGRY MAN NAMED HENRY ROLLINS

AND IF YOU LIKE TO GUT THE CARCASS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE I WILL TRY TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU ON YOUR LEVEL AND ASSEMBLE FOUR LETTERS BECAUSE PERHAPS YOU CAN ONLY PAY ATTENTION FOR THAT LONG AND THE FOUR LETTERS I AM TALKING ABOUT IN THIS CASE ARE

N.S.F.W.

YOU WILL WATCH THIS VIDEO STARTING AT TWO MINUTES SEVEN SECONDS AND NO SOONER

I WILL SUGGEST YOU TURN IT OFF AT 3 MINUTES AND SIX SECONDS BECAUSE I AM NOT HERE SIMPLY TO WASTE AN ADDITIONAL FOUR MINUTES AND FIFTY THREE SECONDS OF YOUR TIME SO WHAT FOLLOWS IS THE REBUS YOU MUST TARGET WITH THE ADDRESS BAR OF YOUR BROWSER INSTEAD OF LAZILY AND PASSIVELY CLICKING UPON IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO

[noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3WuuBuY6Jg&feature=player_detailpage#t=125s[/noparse]

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Didn't I watch you get beaten up in The Crow?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    IF YOU MEAN THE 1994 MOVIE ADAPTATION OF THE COMIC BOOK ENTITLED THE CROW I WAS PRIMARILY INTERESTED IN PERFORMING ON THE SOUNDTRACK BUT I WAS ALSO FILMED IN A SMALL ROLE BUT I HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOVIE BECAUSE I HAD OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH THE ROLLINS BAND AND THE TIME WHICH IS WHY I AM SADLY UNABLE TO ANSWER A YES OR NO QUESTION WITH THE WORD YES OR INSTEAD NO

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, you were driving some really gay looking compact, and a skinny-ass speed-freak that you'd just knocked over beat you up and stole your car.

GHOST. RIDER. GHOST. RIDER.

Those were the lyrics to the song you contributed to the soundtrack.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it's spelled crow

she's not english you bloody limey

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THAT SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR AND UNFORTUNATELY THOSE WERE NOT MY WORDS BUT I LIKE THE SONG AND COMICS ARE QUITE ENJOYABLE AND SOMEWHAT INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGING WHICH I FOUND THE CROW TO BE IN A CERTAIN WAY BUT IT WAS ENJOYABLE TO COVER THE SONG GHOST RIDER AND THERE ARE MANY MORE WORDS INTO THAT SONG THE WORDS WHICH CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH AND WERE VERY GOOD LYRICS BUT MOST LIKELY THOSE THAT BECAME MOST MEMORABLE WERE INDEED THE WORDS GHOST AND RIDER SPOKEN IN THAT ORDER

SOME PEOPLE SAID IT APPARENTLY HAD A QUOTE DANZIG SORT OF VIBE TO IT AND I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE MIGHT THINK THAT BUT IT WAS THE ROLLINS BAND DOING WHAT THE ROLLINS BAND DOES AND OTHER PEOPLE'S COMPARISONS ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT MILEAGE IS BULLSHIT AND WE ROCKED IT HARD EXCITED FOR THE SONG AND THE PERFORMANCE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST US IN ONE OF THOSE BIZARRE LABYRINTHINE MUSIC STUDIOS WHERE YOU ARE ISOLATED INTO A BOX TO SING WITH YOUR BAND

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think we can both agree that the chick singing for Medicine was really hot and we both wanted to give her one, huh Henry?

I've watched all your youtube rants.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THIS IS VERY FLATTERING AND YES BETH THOMPSON IS A BEAUTIFUL PERSON AND IT WOULD BE UNFORTUNATE IF I HAVE EVER CREEPED HER OUT BECAUSE THAT HAPPENS TO ME SOMETIMES

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I... erm...

I guess I'll keep an eye on this.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME

IF YOU ARE POSTING IN THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO SUBSCRIBE OR PASSIVELY EXPRESS INTEREST THERE IS A FORM OF CYNICISM WITHIN YOU WHICH IS AN EXTENSION OF COWARDICE THAT YOU MIGHT WISH TO EXAMINE BY TAKING A DEEP BREATH AND PLAYING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS GAME

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I AM AFRAID!

There, I said it.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, Gregor Hutton wrote the game. it's all clear to me now. Also this looks AWESOME.

Edit: so should the characters be real, known musicians?

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    NOT NECESSARILY BUT IT SO HAPPENS THAT SHERYL CROW IS INTO ME OR AT LEAST I HAVE A THEORY THAT SHE DOES AND IN A PREVIOUS POST THIS IS EXPLAINED

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm getting the idea that Henry here can't wait until Sheryl puts on the special belt and shows the guy just how 'into him' she really is.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fuck yes gonna meet Sheryl crow. Will think of a good character and roll up stats.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm getting the idea that Henry here can't wait until Sheryl puts on the special belt and shows the guy just how 'into him' she really is.

I ADMIT THAT I WOULD CONSIDER IT CAREFULLY THOUGH I FIND SEX SHOPS TO BE KIND OF DEPRESSING AND CREEPY AND THE SPECIAL BELT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE PURCHASED THERE

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I could loan her my drumsticks. Not like I'll be needing them anymore.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I AM NOT AGAINST THINGS GOING INSIDE AREAS OF THE BODY AND PEOPLE ARE FREE TO DO THAT BUT THE INHERENT SAFETY HAZARD PRESENTED BY DRUMSTICKS SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What would be a good combo with a fictional musician gone country and Henry Rollins?
    You need ... Like, a DJ or a black metal drummer or jazz bassist.

Hmm. Rerolled stats roughly a million times to get no dupes: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/777934/
    3, 4, 5.

I'm seeing an adolescent black metal drummer who took 5 hits of blotter acid while staring at a Sheryl Crow poster. A vision of Sheryl begins to speak to him ...

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i like the jazz bassist idea too

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget Ringo's Lady Gaga!

Kay on