As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Harmonix PAX East Schedule - Parties & Fun Times!

HMXhenryHMXhenry Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey gang,

I'm sure a lot of folks have been following our PAX East plans over at RockBand.com and on the Twitterverse and the Facebooks, but we wanted to make sure we had a schedule posted here to capture as much Penny Arcade goodness as possible.

You've always done right by us, especially with all the help we got building our PAX Prime booth last year, and it'd be awesome to see a bunch of you at our booth, at our panels and at our parties.

Here's a link to the main thread over at RockBand.com with all the details:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215731

Seriously, we're stoked for next weekend. We've still got one or two things coming together, and we'll update things here as new parties and plans come together. Hope to see a ton of you there!

- HMXHenry

THURSDAY - PLENTY OF PARTIES

We start partying before PAX East even starts. We've got a Rock Band night at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, maybe a 15 minute train ride from the show. We kick off the night with a showing of Heavy Metal at 7pm, and Rock Band begins at 10pm (but you can do one or the other if you don't want to do both). The gentle jerks at Giant Bomb have agreed to sit in as judges, so hilarity is guaranteed. You can get more info and purchase tickets ($14 for the combo, $6 for RB) in advance here: http://brattlefilm.org/2011/03/10/rock-band-night/

We also have a Harmonix band showcase at Great Scott in Allston on Thursday night, starting at 9pm for the kingly sum of $8. This sucker is 18+ but it'll make you feel like a kid again. Some amazing bands, some awesome DJ / VJ action and a great show to kick off the weekend. You can pre order tickets here: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3474125

We also also have an event that we're semi sponsoring with Swap from 5-8pm in Central Square, right down the street from our office. It's an awesome event set up with the intent of letting people swap games and accessories and meeting other people before the show. Only $5 if you bring a game! Details here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186140881424845

FRIDAY - SOCIAL TIMES

How Your Favorite Game Companies Use Facebook
Manticore Theatre - Friday, 8:00pm - 9:00pm

Mix CD swap at the Harmonix booth! In true DIY spirit, a bunch of HMX folks are making mix CDs and we're hoping that some of you will bring mixes with you as well. Drop off a mix, take a mix and maybe discover some new music in the process. Nothing too formal, just a good old fashioned music exchange. We'll be doing this all day long and maybe on into Saturday if there's enough interest.

Gamers Gone Wild Party - Rock Band free play!
533 Washington St Boston, MA 02111 at FELT - 8pm - 2am - 21+ but no cover, general admission is free with a PAX badge

SATURDAY - PANELS GALORE

There's plenty of details on the panels on the schedule, so if any of these tickle your fancy hopefully we'll see you there!

A Reverse Q&A with the Harmonix Community Team
Manticore Theatre - Saturday, 11:00am - 12:00pm

The Roads to Becoming a Community Manager (East Coast Version!)
Wyvern Theatre - Saturday, 4:30pm - 5:30pm

The "Other" Us: If We're All Gamers, Does Our Gender Matter?
Naga Theatre - Saturday, 6:30pm - 7:30pm

SUNDAY - WE ARE ALL EXHAUSTED

Game Marketing & Community Management Roundtable
IGDA Dev Center - Sunday, 11:00am - 11:45 am

When I Grow Up: It's Never Too Late to Try Something Crazy
Wyvern Theatre - Sunday, 12:00pm - 1:00pm

We Like to Move It Move It! (An Animated Discussion)
Naga Theatre - Sunday, 2:00pm - 3:00pm

HMXhenry on

• Options
    P-DudeP-Dude Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Time to start making a mix cd!! Can't wait to get to this booth!

P-Dude on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Mix CD swap sounds pretty freakin' awesome. You guys always come up with some seriously unique ideas.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mix tape swap? oh, hells yeah i'm up for that. rad idea!

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    woooo, just bought my tickets for rockband night!! just one question, its it an open mic or do you have to sign up to play?

Kiki_lou on
  • Options
    kentakenta Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will start working on my mix tape. Be forewarned: 72 minutes of WEEN.

kenta on
    Twitter: @kentakoga
    3/10 Pre-PAX Meet-up @ The Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH
    Details: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137995
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey henry, you should swing by the jamspace so the magfest crew can show you some real life rock band action! :P

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love a good mix cd swap. I'll be participating.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've got my Mix CD ready!

Pascual on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Updated to add the Gamers Gone Wild party to the schedule on Friday night! We'll be manning an RB free play stage with swag to give out. It's not really our party (we're crashing on the invite of our friends at 2Old2Play) but it should be a rad time.
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    woooo, just bought my tickets for rockband night!! just one question, its it an open mic or do you have to sign up to play?

Still working out the details (Mr. Pope is driving this event) but I'm guessing it'll be similar to how we run our Improv Boston RB nights. If you haven't been to one of those, we usually have a song book set out when the doors open and allow people to form bands, pick a song and a silly band name and sign up then. Once we get everything in order we start one band up while the next band on deck picks out their costumes. Bands will play, the Giant Bomb guys will judge and we'll get the next band set up while the previous band is getting critiqued. At least that's my guess as to how it will work. We'll definitely try to reduce overlap and make sure as many people as possible get to play, but come early so you can sign up to make sure you have a spot!

It's awesome to see that people are so excited about the mix CD swap. You rule.

HMXhenry on
  • Options
    ZappRowzdowerZappRowzdower Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    These events sound great, thanks! Pardon me if this has already been addressed, but will there be a Rock Band Lounge at the convention itself this year as well?

ZappRowzdower on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ummm, Okay. Harmonix may have just asked me to squat at their booth all day on Friday. :P

I still have some blank CD's around here somewhere. That's really cool.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    These events sound great, thanks! Pardon me if this has already been addressed, but will there be a Rock Band Lounge at the convention itself this year as well?

The Lounge was so awesome. I saw the best Final Countdown of the con there on the last day. :D

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    RobiniumRobinium Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I'm ridiculously excited for the mix CD swap! Just such a cool and unique idea and I looovee discovering new music and sharing music. Making my CD right nooow!

Robinium on
  • Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i'm in on the mix cd swap.ears will be assualted

tortured3 on
    grym & kvlt
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I kinda forgot that all I have are DVD-R's so I tried to limit the number of songs I put on the disk. Never fear though, as I am typing this, the burninating of the Data is complete, and it will be readable on all computer systems.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Updated some venue info to make sure no one gets lost heading to any of the evening events.

Can't wait to hang out with folks this weekend! Here's the current status of things:

Brattle RB night is currently sold out but they've been opening up more tickets every day to try to max the space out. Keep checking in and try the combo ticket if RB solo tickets aren't available.

The HMX show at Great Scott still has tickets left! Buy them!

The Swap event doesn't have tickets but you can still show up, swap games and drink things with HMXthrasher.

Booth stuff is still rocking. We're going to pick up our RB and DC shirts today (brand new designs for both!) and folks on the team have been working on mix CDs to swap.

See everyone soon!

HMXhenry on