As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

RichyRichy Registered User regular
Games
On-Going Games:
  • There has been no one ready or willing to host a game in a while. So, whoever wants it, it's theirs.

Phalla Sign-Up:
  1. No one

Mini-Phalla Sign-Up:
These games should be about 15 players large, and run in a week or so.
  1. ]No one

Non-Phalla Games Sign-Up:
  1. No one

Rules
Thread Rules:
  1. This thread is for registering that you want to host a D&D forum game. Basically, you sign up your name, who you're hosting with (if you have co-hosts), and give some info about the game (at least what kind of game it is, number of players would be nice too). Then we'll play them in the order they have been registered. This will give some form of order to the forum games, which will be better than the current system of calling a game and hoping people remember.
  2. This thread is about signing up to host a game ONLY. Please, no other talk whatsoever. Each game has its own thread, there's a [chat] thread, and there are PMs, so take other discussions to one of those.
  3. This thread is for all games, including but not limited to Phallas, Board Games, Debate Competitions, and Masturbation Competitions (God forbid).

Scheduling Rules:
  1. We try to alternate Phalla games and Non-Phalla games, to keep people from being bored.
  2. There's a two-week break after each game. Mini-games (10 to 15 players max) can run during that break.
  3. Concurrent games are not allowed except in exceptional cases approved by Elki, which usually involve non-disruptive and very long games with few active players.
  4. On-Hold Rule: If you sign up but later realize that you can't host, and you contact me (Richy) to let me know ahead of time before your turn comes, you can request to be put on hold and not lose your place in the list. If, however, you simply forget about the game and find yourself not ready when your turn comes up, you get deleted from the list.
  5. We reserve the right to delete people from the sign-up list if they are not ready/AWOL when their turn comes up, or remain on hold for too long.
  6. Be prepared! The list moves faster than it looks. People tend to sign up and forget about it, or to be too busy IRL when their turn comes up. Either way, they can't host, and we go down the list, host after host, until we find one ready to host a game. So even if your name is way down the list, your turn might come pretty soon!
  7. I don't have time to watch every game thread, so please notify me when your game ends so I can schedule the next one.
  8. If you talk the mods into giving you a special exception or talk another host into giving you their place or whatever, that's all cool, but please let me know.

Reviewers
You have an idea for a Phalla, but you're not sure about the details and the balance? You'd like someone to look over it and give you some feedback? We're your men:
  • LaOs
  • Ardor
  • DevoutlyApathetic
  • thorgot
  • Aldo
  • Hylianbunny
  • cj iwakura

Links

For information and clarification regarding Phalla games in general, we recommend reading:

To register to host a game in other forums:
List of old D&D Phalla and mini-Phalla games, as originally compiled by thorgot & maintained by Richy
The updated list for all forums is in the CF thread.
List of old D&D Non-Phalla games:

sig.gif
Richy on

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just had a Phalla idea that is Reign of Terror themed (perhaps with some Napoleonic Revolution thrown in as well, I dunno). But I think Cass is ahead of me, along with Hacksaw. I'm not sure though. The OP can be edited to show order or something.

Fencingsax on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My stock market simulator is planned to start on Wednesday and run for a month, right now.

Jragghen on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've got a Phalla, based on the reality show The Mole. I have a set 40-man limit.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'll take the fourth Phalla game if it's still available . . . that would be what, two months or so away? I'd probably be ready by then/have the free time to work on it a bit.

It's a Cold War espionage setting.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mine and Cass' phalla is about you being trapped in a castle with some assasins and some unknown monster *whooo*.

I probably won't put down any details yet since I'm guessing me and Cass are not even sure what they are yet. However something I would like to do was to let you guys have a hand in your character. Meaning if there is a specific name/some sort of funny background info you wanted to be included in your pm (wanna do specific individual pm roles like Shinto's Rishiri), than you guys can pm it to us during the prep of the game. Nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics really but might be fun so who knows.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I will probably sit out one or two of the upcoming ones, if someone needs me to help cover narrations and such.

VishNub on
    edited February 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    I will probably sit out one or two of the upcoming ones, if someone needs me to help cover narrations and such.
    That's a good idea - I wouldn't mind helping someone out just to get a feel of how much work is involved and what mechanics work best, from a different perspective.

Andrew_Jay on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm considering a Phalla based on one or more of the following themes:
      *the Salem witch trials *
    The Scarlet Letter.
    *Romeo and Juliet

(I'm thinking the first two could possibly be combined)

I should have the details worked out by the time my turn comes around.

BTW, I'm assuming that we can freely drop ourselves back farther on the list (i.e. if my turn is coming up and I get hit with a busy-storm, I can contact the next person on the list and see if they're willing to swap turns with me).

Nerissa on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had a previous idea for a science-fiction themed Phalla. Some of the general concepts were given out in a previous chat thread.

However, it needs to have some thought put into the writing (I would like to have most of the events pre-written before the game starts).

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    That's a good idea - I wouldn't mind helping someone out just to get a feel of how much work is involved and what mechanics work best, from a different perspective.
    A ton is involved.

I have spreadsheets, notebooks, emails, google documents, and sketches. I did not bite off more than I can chew, but man, it was a large bite nonetheless. I need to finish up sending out PMs.

Dynagrip on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to jump in and call the next Debate Competition. I'm writing questions as we speak, and I should have a good list by the time it gets to my turn. Elkamil will be helping manage it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've been thinking about running an EPYC.

basicly like the telephone game thing, but folks alternate drawing and captioning stuff.

if folks are intrested, PM me.

if my box is stuffed by monday, and I haven't been told not to by a mod, I'll make a sign up thread with more info, and will start it in about a 2 weeks.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    A ton is involved.

I have spreadsheets, notebooks, emails, google documents, and sketches. I did not bite off more than I can chew, but man, it was a large bite nonetheless. I need to finish up sending out PMs.

I spent roughly 2-3 hours a day working on it, not counting all the prep work that went on prior to the game, and I was running it with kakos.

A lot of it depends on how much you put into the narration.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    A ton is involved.

I spent roughly 2-3 hours a day working on it, not counting all the prep work that went on prior to the game, and I was running it with kakos.

As a former online reality show host: yes, it is a lot of work. The bulk of the work is the setup. When the game starts, here it looks like mainly keeping track of votes and any specials you have going, as well as staying on schedule.

Oh, yeah, and have a plan for when someone drops out or doesn't show up anymore, because it WILL happen. I don't care if you have a 3-person game, someone will drop out. And you better know what to do when it happens.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    A ton is involved.

There is not enough lime in the world for how true this is.

Gig and I will be hosting a rather unique Phalla, at least from the gameplay point of view. We've yet to work out the full details (mostly my fault, as I'm scrunched between work and academics at the moment, and scarcely have time to breath), but we've got a good idea of where we're going to take things. All that's left is to work out some of the finer points of gameplay and how exactly the narrative will work, and we'll be set. It'll probably be a mega game, the way things are looking.

Hacksaw on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I just make rules up as I go along.

Dynagrip on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have an idea for a Phalla, but at this point it's rather small. I don't know if there are going to be any more "mini-Phallas" in between the regular ones, but mine might be more suited for that (it would have about 20-25 people)

If not, though, I can add a bunch more roles and develop it into a megagame. In any case, I'll officially sign up for the next place on the Phalla list, wherever that puts me.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • player321player321 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I just had a Phalla idea that is Reign of Terror themed (perhaps with some Napoleonic Revolution thrown in as well, I dunno). But I think Cass is ahead of me, along with Hacksaw. I'm not sure though. The OP can be edited to show order or something.

player321 on
    face.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    I'm going to jump in and call the next Debate Competition. I'm writing questions as we speak, and I should have a good list by the time it gets to my turn. Elkamil will be helping manage it.

Will we actually finish it this time?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Feral wrote:
    Richy wrote:

Will we actually finish it this time?
    Shut your cock.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have an idea for a Phalla, but at this point it's rather small. I don't know if there are going to be any more "mini-Phallas" in between the regular ones, but mine might be more suited for that (it would have about 20-25 people)

If not, though, I can add a bunch more roles and develop it into a megagame. In any case, I'll officially sign up for the next place on the Phalla list, wherever that puts me.
    You know, you can run something like that in ODaM.

We haven't had a Mafia-style game there in awhile; we had two going at once at one point, and someone tried to start up a third at the same time, which flopped, and since, no one has tried another in there.

Thanatos on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey Thanatos, are you ever going to run that Diplomacy game?

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I changed my mind.

I've decided to run a Phalla-themed Phalla. Depending on trends in the numerous games before mine, it could end up being massive. May include such roles as "Shinto" and "Aroduc". I'd also probably need someone to help me out.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd like to run a massive Phalla this summer. Mid-Junish.

Massive.

Shinto on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had an idea today for a superhero themed Phalla. I'm still considering the details, but basically

- everyone has some kind of power
    - monsters don't know who the other monsters are

Cantide on
    edited February 2007
    While left with nothing to do at work for part of Friday I tried to work on my game's rules for a bit. I'm dropping the gritty espionage setting for something that I think would be much, much (much) more fun.

Title: Dr. Phalla, Evil Genius

Think James Bond, Austin Powers, Get Smart, etc. etc. etc.

Andrew_Jay on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If anyone out there has plans to run a small-ish Phalla, please contact Giganticus or myself as soon as possible.

Hacksaw on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm biased on the matter, and this would probably be unfair, but maybe those people who already have their phalla games fully planned out should be moved further up the list than those who don't.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I just move down the list, and if someone doesn't have their Phalla game ready I skip them and move to the next one. It has essentially the same results.

Anyway, next Phalla is Cass & Saburbia's, and it should be starting by this weekend.

While I'm here, if someone wants to help me write/review questions for the debate comptetition, PM me.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Go ahead and throw my name on the list there, Richy. I have a few ideas kicking around that need an appropriate theme. I'm sure I'll have one in the year-plus it takes to move through that list.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited February 2007
    cel and I will be running something.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    cel and I will be running something.
    A Phalla game, or something else?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2007
    A phalla(ish) game.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would like to run a largish game (~40), where everybody either has a power, multiple powers, or items. All the roles and items will be named, but what they mean will not be revealed.

(The villains will have diverse powers and will be awesome.)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hrmmm. I have a sort of half baked idea going...

Discworld Phalla. Seems like a bit of a bad idea to base it on a particular series of books, but I was thinking of making it so people who have read the series would only have a slight advantage over those who haven't. There's a lot to work with - heroes, villians, guilds, gods, the supernatural, wizards, auditors, etc.

Casual Eddy on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd like to sign up to run a Phalla. I figure by the time it rolls around for me to run it I'll have everything set up. Right now I'm thinking fantasy themed, with different races, awesome artifacts, stuff like that. I'm thinking it will be rather large as well.

If anyone wants to help run this with me just send me a PM.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You can edit the theme on mine, it'll definitely be witch trials. I've got a few tweaks on the mechanics yet and a LOT of PMs to write, but I think I'll be ready by the time my turn comes around. It's looking like about a 40-person game.

If I can get a good idea for the mechanics of the other ideas, and if I don't get too overwhelmed running the first one, then I'll think about signing up for another.

Nerissa on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    Phalla Game - Voyage to Phalla - Its almost ready and by the time it rolls around I will have had played enough Phallas to put some interesting tweaks on it.

Unknown User on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Phalla Game - Voyage to Phalla - Its almost ready and by the time it rolls around I will have had played enough Phallas to put some interesting tweaks on it.

So the setting will take place on a boat?

I'd like for there to be a Phalla with a setting similar to The Thing. The idea might have een done already. It would probably be hard to do. The game would be large, but there would be only one alien at the beginning. The way I imagine it, the first alien has the option to change one person each day by PMing the leader.

Couscous on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rygar, does it involve being an enormous jackass and ignoring PMs? If not, I'm totally not playing.

VishNub on