As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e PbP] The Scarlet Brigade OOC ("Kindly wait in line to die")

GideonGideon Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Critical Failures
A Dungeons and Dragons Fourth Edition Campaign:

2qssdg4.gif

2qtjo2f.gif2qtjo2f.gif2qtjo2f.gif

acv34l.gif

Dramatis Personæ​:

svtqbd.png

Joseph Rochester:
A low-ranking officer in the Scarlet Brigade. Honourable, loyal, and ever-so-slightly out of his depth.

2qtjo2f.gif

ab70xv.png

Malcolm Blackvein:
Plunderer of dungeons and maidens alike, drunkard and reprobate, the Scarlet Brigade's most powerful and least reliable magician.

2qtjo2f.gif

2yudkq9.png

Gracchus:
Volunteered when most were conscripted and has already built a reputation for brutality and pious devotion in equal measure.

Welcome to the chat thread for The Scarlet Brigade: a D&D campaign that is moving from the meat-world outside to the world of pixels. The party is already formed, so there's no recruitment. Feel free, though, to stop by and welcome the intrepid warriors of the Brigade to the forums.

And prepare to be amazed by their skill and dash.

Gideon on

• Options
    BlakeneyBlakeney Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Good gravy Gideon.

You have been powerful levels of busy. Not that I'm at all complaining.

Blakeney on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good to see you made it. I'll upload the pictures I have for the characters soon. Let me know what you think about Joseph's.

Gideon on
  • Options
    BlackveinBlackvein Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It is done.

Blackvein on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    For your perusal, possible Malcolms that I have found:
    2d8gn0m.png2z6sh9s.pngc8gna.png301nkoo.png

Gideon on
  • Options
    GracchusGracchus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Reporting for duty.

Gracchus on
    “Zeal will do more than knowledge.” - William Hazlitt
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The gang's all here. Nice. Did I get the right Gracchus pic?

Gideon on
  • Options
    BlackveinBlackvein Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the third picture for Malcolm is the most fitting...Or maybe the fourth. He looks drunker in 3 though so let's go with that.

Had a go with the dice rolling, seems pretty fluid. When are we doing this dance?

p.s how do i get a sweet Avatar etc

Blackvein on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The third one it is!

For avatar and sig, head to "user panel" up the top and the options to edit avatar and sig and so forth are down the left-hand side.

Gideon on
  • Options
    BlakeneyBlakeney Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Any chance you could give me a bunch of options for Rochester?

Link me the sites you use and I'll do it myself, just wouldn't know where to begin looking.

Blakeney on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just used the 'CBLoader' character builder. Which I'm pretty sure is on your PC, too. Play around as much as you want, and upload the result to Orokos.

Gotta scoot, lecture now.

LECTURE EDIT: Whoops, you meant picture options. I can do that later today.

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some alternate Joseph tokens (Malcolm #4 might be a good one, too):

33adirs.pngsvtqbd.pnga1ih6b.png

I'm hoping to get the game thread up later tonight, depending on how long choir practise takes.

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm loving the fact that you're doing choir.. Badass

Very happy with the gracchus pic, I was going with a different one before but it wouldn't have worked as well as a bust.

Especially happy with the brief description you gave, perfect for the character :-)

Had a go with the dice as well, got a 20 for the first roll so i'm happy with the system lol.

Very keen to get this ball rolling, can't wait to see how this flows.

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, I had fun with the descriptions.

I've started the game thread but have only got the first post up (which has guidelines for IC/OOC posting and info about formatting combat and things. Not that fun, but please give it a read anyway. It's the second post that will start the Dragonborn Wars, and I'm going to be weak and go to bed instead of making it. I'll make it tomorrow, though, for real. I promise.
    I don't actually promise. But I'll try.
    Also, choir is awesome. Don't be a hater.

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A quick question. What does 'on deck' mean?

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Their turn is next-but-one -- they're up after the guy who is up next.

Does all that stuff seem fair enough?

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thought that might be it but i just wanted to be sure. All sounds good to me though. When we're not in combat are we going to take turns posting or just go with whoever is active and wants to talk at the time?

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Gracchus wrote: »
    When we're not in combat are we going to take turns posting or just go with whoever is active and wants to talk at the time?

Absolutely we'll just go with whoever has something to say and the time to type it up.

In other news: we're ready to go! What I'd like from all of you is a reason for why you're near the back of the column, and a little bit of RP. Let's do this.

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This is possibly the longest that Malcolm and Gracchus have gone without overt animosity. So far so good!

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Can we/do we want to heal the stabbed fellow further? Also I think we've been invited to start movin up the line, and I'm pretty keen to get a look at what's going on there. Anyone particularly keen to initiate movement? Don't want to do it until anyone who wants to heal our bleeding firebug has had the chance.

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow, guys. I kind of liked that dude. And you never even asked him his name...

Also: With the Holy Strike to burn him up, you don't really need to roll to hit an unconscious person, but I don't want you to be able to use that thing as a blowtorch at will. So if you want to repeat that, I'll have you give up one of your "add more damage to this strike" powers. Things like your Ardent Vow or Divine Strength.

Gideon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fair enough man, how about we put it down to 'last rights has a special sacred significance?' Wouldnt get in the way of gameplay that way or let me light braziers.

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Do I keep a record of my used powers or you for the online version of dnd? Divine strength is an encounter power so it doesnt make much sense in this case. Ardent vow probably fits the bill more

Gracchus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My Facebook message system doesn't seem to be working, so I'll post this here:

I made a post, guys! It is combat time.

First: Joseph has a few interesting abilities. The first is that he can both hit and flank from 2 squares away. The second is that when he's next to an enemy, that enemy cannot attack anyone but Joseph. If they either attack someone else or move away, Joseph gets a free Melee Basic Attack.

Second: There are some other ways to get someone out of a grab. You can daze, dominate, or stun the grabber. You can push, pull, or slide the grabber. Or you can push, pull, or slide the person who is being grabbed.

Third: I'd like you to copy the "status" part of my post and put it near the bottom of yours. Make any relevant updates. In terms of formatting with the colours and the boldening, hit "Quote" on my post and then ctrl+c, crtl+v the stuff you need. It's the best.

Gideon on