As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friend in trouble

RichyRichy Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So this friend of mine is in over her head.

Out of the blue, her dad decided to divorse her mom and leave them and and move to Russia. Her mom barely speaks any English and can't work, and these latest events fucked her health. So now she has to take care of her mom and she hasn't been to class in a while. In fact she'll have to leave university and get a minimum-wage job to sustain both her and her mom. And she's feeling horrible, getting random panic attacks and yelling in her sleep (not that her dad cares). Thank God she has a good boyfriend who stands by her side these days.

I want to help her. I need to help her. But there's not a damn thing I can do. I don't have a job or any contacts, I don't have enough money to sustain a family of two... I hate myself for being so damn powerless. Someone find me something to do to help her out, ASAP.

Alternatively, someone with a part-time or full-time minimum-wage (or better) job to give to a 17-year-old girl in Waterloo, Ontario, contact me.

sig.gif
Richy on

• Options
    AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well I'm not sure their situation re: immigration but I'm sure if she is a Canadian citizen the mother would be eligible for social assistance. Especially with health problems etc. That being said that's alot to deal with at 17 and she is in university? If she talks with her faculty counsellor they are awesome about getting stuff deferred with extreme circumstances like hers. If worst came to worst I'm sure they could refund this term for her and she could go back next semester once her mom's in a better situation. I guess she is not able to work due to health problems? Again if this is the case there are definitely places they can turn the best you can do is help her figure all this out as her mom seems incapable of doing any of this. Good luck man

Axim on
  • Options
    KimihiroKimihiro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, she can apply with OSAP to get a student loan if she wants to continue her education, at: http://osap.gov.on.ca/
    They're usually pretty generous with their loans, and she can try to pull through university that way.

Kimihiro on
    FFVIsiggy.jpg
  • Options
    Swimming BirdSwimming Bird __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Alternatively, someone with a part-time or full-time minimum-wage (or better) job to give to a 17-year-old girl in Waterloo, Ontario, contact me.

If you were a year older, I would know of some work you could do.

Swimming Bird on