As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
Narration is up a little early. Remember, the first night doesn't end until Monday at 11:00 EST.

---

Monday, October 1st: A Few Papers

The noblemen of the court of Ivalice broke once again as the sun began to set, on the first day of October. Almost two weeks had passed since the death of King Omdoria, who had collapsed at his son’s birthday celebration. A decision had still not been made as to who the rightful heir would be, Soren mused, and as to who would be appointed Regent. Many of the nobles sided with Prince Goltana of the Black Lion, who was supporting Princess Ovelia with all of the strength he could muster. Just as many, however, were under the impression that Prince Larg of the White Lion was correct, in that Prince Orinas was the true heir to the throne. At the rate things were currently going, they would reach all-out war in a very short matter of time. Soren leaned on the banister leading down to the halls and sighed, nodding to a group of nobles as they passed by. Another noble approached, though Soren wasn’t quite sure of his name. He continued to look over the banister at the departing council below, shaking his head.

“Worried that we won’t reach a result? They’re making a right mess of this…” the approaching man chuckled, stopping just behind Soren. He shrugged, not wishing to commit to any particular point of view. “Have some things here I’ve been passing out to the various members of the council…just some interesting readings from the Glabados church. Take a look, I’ll stop by later tonight to ask what you think.” Pausing for a moment, Soren accepted the book from the man. If nothing else, it would be entertaining for the night.

That very night, Soren pored through the book, about the history of the Zodiac Braves. A king had found a secret way to summon a Magic God from the netherworld, but when he tried to use that power, the God killed the king and tried to destroy the world…the Zodiac Braves were twelve warriors that defeated his devils and banished the Magic God. The Zodiac Braves were said to have holy powers given to them by twelve Holy Stones…He turned the page idly and a few small, folded pieces of paper fell out of the book, and as his eyes scanned the paper, they became wider and wider.

“The Holy Stones aren’t what they seem at all. This is all wrong!” Soren waved the papers in the man’s face after the next council meeting. “Making a contract with them? They’re nothing more than demons!” He paced back and forth quickly, looking over the papers again briefly. “We have to find them. We have to find them and get rid of them.” Soren folded the papers quickly and pocketed them and heard a slight chuckle from behind him. “I’m afraid that’s not an option.” The man smirked, and Soren froze. “What do you mean that…” is all he got out, before he looked down and saw the sword going through his chest. He unconsciously mumbled some words, falling to his knees, as the man leaned forward and whispered in his ear. “I was hoping you would accept our deal, but we will just find another fool. I’m sure you will still prove useful.” Soren laughed one final laugh, thinking that at least he wouldn’t have to watch more useless council drivel.

When Soren’s body was found, sword still though his torso, in the middle of the nearest river, supporters of both Larg and Goltana were quickly at each other’s throats. It must have been one of the forty two present council members that day; at least they had a start to go with. The council simply had to find out who did it before it was too late.

---

Hylianbunny on

• HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Narrations

Night 1 Narration - A Few Papers
    Night 2 Narration - Fisticuffs!
    Night 3 Narration - A String of Deaths
    Night 4 Narration - Blame Yourself...
    Night 5 Narration - To Kill a Chocobo

The Rules
    Every night, noblemen place a vote for one person to be
    executed. Generally, each person gets one vote. If you want someone executed, just put...

I !vote for Hylianbunny to be executed.
    Or
    I !retract my vote for Hylianbunny to be executed.

Should there be a tie, a RNG will decide who kicks the bucket. Only one person will be executed in any round, and should the target be killed via other means then the next person on the list will be executed.

On a death, items are transferred to a random person but skills are lost forever. Apart from that, there is no way to transfer an item.

There are two sides on the conflict about the new prince, those siding with Prince Larg (white lion on a blue background) and those siding with Prince Goltana (black lion on a red background). For either prince to win, their faction must eliminate everyone on the opposing side.

There are also six Holy Stones distributed among the two sides. The posessors of the Holy Stones have a different win condition; they must eliminate everyone else.

No sharing of role PMs, no anonymous contacting. Ability uses, item uses and votes must all be submitted by 11:00 PM EST. Narration will generally be posted around 12:00 EST.

---

Roles
    The Princes

Oracle – Each prince has an Oracle in their service, who can investigate which side of the Lion War a particular person is fighting on and if they possess any special skills. This is a very time consuming process, however, and it takes them a full day to fully check any particular person.

Knight – The knight is sworn to follow the orders of his Prince, and has dedicated his life to protecting those who cannot protect themselves. They may choose any one person and anonymously protect them from any sort of attack other than the vote of execution. Should they protect this person, however, they are unable to protect themselves that round; a danger every knight is well aware of when they take the job.

Ninja - Sometimes a noble needs someone else to do their dirty work, and sometimes they take it into their own hands. A ninja works as a vigilante, killing one target per night. This is the only transferrable role - it will pass on via a death to someone else of that side.

Calculator – The calculators of the count have been assigned to tally all of the votes for execution. There is nothing preventing them from miscounting, however; a Calculator’s vote counts for two rather than one.

Time Mage – In the court, two Time Mages are able to end voting a slight bit early, or to extend it for a little longer. They may shift the end of a vote five minutes either way. Should multiple Time Mages use their ability on one night, neither ability works.

Family – Brothers, whether by blood or not, who are aware of the loyalties of everyone else in their family.

Items – There are four known items distributed among the two sides.

Order of Actions
    Active Item Usage
    Holy Stones
    Ninja
    Vote

Activity Clause
    Rygar wrote:
    ...Two posts a day are enough to qualify as active. While I would ideally like people to post lots, I realize there are legitimate strategies...that involve many posts and little posts. I view my role as to set the rules of the game and then watch it unfold, not force it to unfold in a way I deem appropiate. I did have all the specials PM me back to ensure they are active before the start of the game. Their activity requirements are the same as everyone elses. If they do not post twice a day, they will be removed as well. Obviously PM me if you have external issues. External issues will be announced in thread myself to mitigate their influence of the game.

Frequently Asked Questions
    life3 wrote:
    Quick couple questions on some mechanics:
    What does "four known items mean"? Known to whom? ( did I miss a post saying what they were? )
    The Holy Stones: does this group get a daily kill? Multiple daily kills?

Both'll be revealed as time goes.
    Rygar wrote:
    Are holy stone people supporting either Larg, or Goltana?

I ask, because would it be possible for holy stone people on one side to die with the rest of their faction, and have the other faction win even though they had not eliminated 'stoners' on their own side.

This is correct.
    PM wrote:
    When the ninja of one team dies, how does the role get passed on exactly? Is it random? Could a Zodiac Brave who is supposedly a supporter of that same prince receive the role?

The role will be passed on to someone of the same side. It could potentially go to a stone holder.
    MrBlarney wrote:
    Ah, so stone holders are considered part of a specific faction then? Does that mean oracles see them as being of one of those sides, rather than one who separately owns a Holy Stone?

An oracle will always see what side someone is on, and what role they have. There is a set chance of seeing what items they hold. Holy Stones are treated as items with a higher chance of being seered.
    PM wrote:
    Can I retract my protection order and change the target before the narration, or is it final once I've sent it?

As long as you get your actions and change of actions in to me before the vote closes, that's fine.
    TehSpectre wrote:
    fisticuffs plz?

Maybe later.
    Mazlo wrote:
    Is it possible that a Lucavi would have started the game with an item (other than their holy stone?)

No.

The Players

1. DevoutlyApathetic - killed night 1, Goltana Family Member
    2. Serpent - killed night 4, Larg Noble
    3. tuxkamen - killed night 3, Goltana Brother
    4. frandelgearslip - killed night 6, Goltana Ninja
    5. Frosteey - killed night 1, Larg Family Member
    6. tofu - killed night 6, Larg Noble/Ninja
    7. OtakuD00D - killed night 5, Goltana Noble
    8. life3 - killed night 2, Larg Oracle
    9. Plutonium - killed night 3, Goltana Zodiac Brave
    10. Locus - killed night 2, Larg Noble
    11. robothero
    12. PsychoLarry1
    13. TehSpectre - killed night 3, Larg Zodiac Brave
    14. Lignisse - killed night 5, Goltana Noble
    15. Typhus733 - killed night 3, Goltana Calculator
    16. Balefuego - killed night 6, Larg Noble
    17. Wearingglasses - killed night 1, Goltana Time Mage
    18. jdarksun - killed night 2, Goltana Family Member
    19. cj iwakura
    20. Last Son - killed night 4, Goltana Oracle
    21. Inquisitor
    22. Grundlterror
    23. Senior Fish
    24. thorgot - killed night 1, Goltana Noble
    25. MrBlarney - killed night 3, Larg Brother
    26. Shamus - killed night 4, Goltana Noble
    27. FunkyWaltDogg - killed night 3, Larg Family Member
    28. Bliss 101
    29. Shinto - killed night 6, Larg Noble
    30. B:L - killed night 4, Goltana Knight
    31. Ardor - killed night 3, Larg Noble/Ninja
    32. Anaximander - killed night 1, Larg Noble
    33. Tabasco - killed night 4, Larg Calculator
    34. Cantide
    35. Mazlo
    36. Infidel - killed night 5, Goltana Noble
    37. GrimmyTOA - killed night 3, Larg Family Member
    38. Zerinan - killed night 2, Goltana Zodiac Brave
    39. Rygar - killed night 2, Larg Noble
    40. Hakkekage - killed night 5, Goltana Noble
    41. Gnasty
    42. Buzz Buzz - killed night 2, Larg Time Mage
    43. Soren - Larg noble, killed pre-day 1

Reserve List

1. Munkus Beaver
    2. MechMantis
    3. delroland

Hylianbunny on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Booyah!

I assume the two main factions also have to eliminate the Holy Stones to win?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Surely we only want what is best for Ivalice. Don't we all?

Unknown User on
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This has got me all kinds of excited.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Woo new thread.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited May 2007
    So holy stones...

We probably need to find these people asap.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    I propose we vote for the next person without any FFT flare in their signature or avatar to post. They clearly hate Ivalice and must possess one of the stones.

Unknown User on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Technically, FunkyWaltDogg beat you to the punch there... but he's got Ultros, so we won't hold that against him.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Technically, FunkyWaltDogg beat you to the punch there... but he's got Ultros, so we won't hold that against him.

It is hard to argue with Ultros. So then we wait for someone to post without reading the thread!

Unknown User on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ok guys, I'm here in case we need some pep talks or some debating to solve our problems. Surely we can do this without much violence, right?

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Activity clause quoted from Rygar's Voyage to Phalla. Basically, two posts a day would be ideal, though you can contact me for any external reasons that'd prevent you from making your two posts.

S'in the second post.

Hylianbunny on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Alrighty, this game is now underway. WOO! I'm excited to see if I can play a better part in this one than the others where I died way to soon to even play.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I got my bling on. Dragoon represent!

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think we've got one chocobo too many. One of them needs to be red or purple, er, black.

Frosteey on
    edited May 2007
    Hehe, I had thought that the Chocobos were the same person. I generally look at the avatars and not the names as much. What color was the awesome, hard to get chocobo in FF7? Maybe some one should be that color.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007
    I only see the one chocobo, but then again I didn't really read the sign up thread...

Unknown User on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    I propose we vote for the next person without any FFT flare in their signature or avatar to post. They clearly hate Ivalice and must possess one of the stones.

Clearly this man here is a jingoistic hate monger, do not be swayed by his calls for blood.

Dr Strange changes his avatar for neither man nor chocobo

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Maybe he means one chocobo is one too many.

Wearingglasses on
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Clearly this man here is a jingoistic hate monger, do not be swayed by his calls for blood.

Dr Strange changes his avatar for neither man nor chocobo

For high crimes against the holy land of Ivalice I !vote that Balefuego be sentenced to death!

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    Maybe he means one chocobo is one too many.

He better not. Chocobo are awesome! Why would someone want to get rid of one? Who could hate such a peaceful creature?

...WARK

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

What does "four known items mean"? Known to whom? ( did I miss a post saying what they were? )

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited May 2007
    See? This is what I mean.

I guess I have no choice but to !vote Rygar for death

There's no place on this council for that kind of bloodthirst.

At least not until day or 3 or 4 at least.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »

Both'll be revealed as time goes.

Hylianbunny on
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *nods*

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited May 2007

I ask, because would it be possible for holy stone people on one side to die with the rest of their faction, and have the other faction win even though they had not eliminated 'stoners' on their own side.

Unknown User on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As is customary in these games, it's time for a day 1 role reveal.
    You are the Onmyouji Monk of the Dong Family

Religion is a rather silly thing in the Empire. Everybody knows how to lead a good and servile life. Everybody knows how to pay the proper respects to their ancestors. Everybody knows that the only thing keeping Evil Vampire Ghosts from invading the kingdom is The Wall surrounding it. Consequentially, your life is fairly dull, aside from interacting occasionally with an Evil Vampire Ghost to trade for far away goods or help organize the annual Day of the Dead Festival.

During the Day of the Dead Festival, if you still number among the living, you can use your influence and connections with the Evil Vampire Ghosts from beyond the borders of the kingdom to protect all remaining members of your family for that day only. All attempts on their lives, be it by assassin or public execution will be prevented. It is in your, and your family's, best interest to survive until the day of the festival while simultaneously eliminating the other family as well as their monks so they will not be afforded the same protection as your own.

Fellow Dong members, please contact me immediately. The treacherous Johnsons must be wiped out.
    I don't have a PM for this game yet.

Cantide on
    edited May 2007

This is correct.

Could've sworn I got your PM to you...gimme a sec and I'll do that now.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    So stone people have to make sure there is a balance while they are eliminating everyone or they lose?

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure they need to kill everyone else to win, do it doesn't matter too much who they kill. I'd be surprised if they didn't know each other either as customary for monster groups of sorts.

Ardor on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hello all,

I am not a wraith! No, I am not a special this game, but I would still like to put my special targeting skill to someone's advantage before I am killed off, that is, if they want me.

I am a follower of Larg.

I would like to help start a network for his troops, but will require the use of the Knight and the Oracle. The knight must protect me tonight, while the oracle makes sure that I am who I say I am. Tomorrow, I will be confirmed and the oracle can contact me safely and then if no one else comes forward claiming to be a seer and that I was a liar, then the knight can contact me as well.

We now have a 3 person network on day 2.

I can understand if you guys do not trust me due to things in the past, but I am true to my word.

If you guys have any questions, go for em.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am not a wraith! No, I am not a special this game, but I would still like to put my special targeting skill to someone's advantage before I am killed off, that is, if they want me.

I am a follower of Larg.

I would like to help start a network for his troops, but will require the use of the Knight and the Oracle. The knight must protect me tonight, while the oracle makes sure that I am who I say I am. Tomorrow, I will be confirmed and the oracle can contact me safely and then if no one else comes forward claiming to be a seer and that I was a liar, then the knight can contact me as well.

We now have a 3 person network on day 2.

I can understand if you guys do not trust me due to things in the past, but I am true to my word.

If you guys have any questions, go for em.

I have decided not to negatively or positively comment on this in order to keep my position secret.

Unknown User on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have decided not to negatively or positively comment on this in order to keep my position secret.
    Wraith!

Kidding. That's probably what all of us are thinking right now. If you're Goltana's man, you want to vote to kill him, since he's probably not on your team, but you can't do that, because then Larg's men will know you <3 Goltana, and then they'll vote for you. And if you're Larg's man, you want to support him maybe, but if you do that, then Goltana's men will think you follow Larg, and come after you.

It's a dilemma for everyone. :P

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    I figured this may end up being the case, but I don't really need to convince everyone, I just need to get the oracle and the knight behind me.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Well that was fast.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Wraith!

Kidding. That's probably what all of us are thinking right now. If you're Goltana's man, you want to vote to kill him, since he's probably not on your team, but you can't do that, because then Larg's men will know you <3 Goltana, and then they'll vote for you. And if you're Larg's man, you want to support him maybe, but if you do that, then Goltana's men will think you follow Larg, and come after you.

It's a dilemma for everyone. :P

But seriously, who doesn't <3 Goltana? :winky:

He's so dreamy.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    Question Tehspectre.

Why would the knights do anything other than protect themselves? Other than the vote, they would never die, hence creating quite the dilemna for the holy stone group.

I'm curious.

Sure, networks can help find them, but so can randomly shooting in the dark with votes and ninjas. Plus, the knights only have to worry about the vote at this point.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    True Ardor, but I am just trying to find a way to stay alive past day one. I have shown an...affinity, for being able to find specials/badguys, so I figured someone would want that little skill of mine.

Edit: Also, for all we know, there are people running around with the "break armor" skill or something like that, who could break a knight's ability to block. It -was- an ability in FFT.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2007
    You would think a Goltana man would do the same?

Unknown User on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow. I didn't expect this kind of move this early.

PS: I never played FFT, but I supposed that if it's anything like FFT: A, what you've all got for avatars are classes/jobs...are there different races in FFT?

Can...Can I be a viera? D:

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited May 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't expect this kind of move this early.

PS: I never played FFT, but I supposed that if it's anything like FFT: A, what you've all got for avatars are classes/jobs...are there different races in FFT?

Can...Can I be a viera? D:
    FFT is much different than FFT:A. Different species if you count monsters/chocobos. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg