As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

anxiety

blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm

blue powder on

• Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    well do you ever drink and then drive? It sounds like you're stressing over something you don't even do. If you don't do it then how could you get in trouble for it?

Is it generally a fear of getting in trouble for something, what are some other examples.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's essentially a fear of getting in trouble for something I guess. I mostly get it when I'm alone aswell, not around people, like at nite time.

blue powder on
  • Options
    DynamiteKidDynamiteKid Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Those bumps are probably the kind that a whole lot of guys have on their penis. I have them myself. I can't remember what they were called, but I was worried about them myself until someone on this board posted about them.

As for downloading torrents, if the guilt drives you crazy, STOP DOING IT. I've stopped doing it. I buy DVDs and CDs now and it just means I can appreciate what I do have already all the more and it eases my guilt. I'm slowly purchasing everything I have on my PC illegally.

DynamiteKid on
    NWA01-1.jpg
    www.rockmidgets.com
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's essentially a fear of getting in trouble for something I guess. I mostly get it when I'm alone aswell, not around people, like at nite time.

I stress about how people take me as a person aswell, and I sometimes feel like a bad person. Like for downloading torrents, which i know i shouldn't do.

EDIT: A fair part of this occasional anxiety is the condition of my penis. Bascially I have a tight foreskin. The scarey thing is that when i pull the skin back as far as i can, which is halfway over my head, I have these little little bumps in a turtle shell kind of pattern. The bumps are on the foreskin, not the actual penis.

I keep puting of going to the doctor because I'm scared I guess. But I know I need to and I will, i'm just looking for moral support. What might this be?

If you can't retract the foreskin all the way, you may have phimosis. This is a condition that requires a surgical procedure to repair it, sometimes involving circumcision. Don't hold off going to the doctor any more, that's my advice.

Toldo on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Those bumps are probably the kind that a whole lot of guys have on their penis. I have them myself. I can't remember what they were called, but I was worried about them myself until someone on this board posted about them.
    I believe you may be talking about pearly penile papules (NSFW link).

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Toldo wrote: »

I stress about how people take me as a person aswell, and I sometimes feel like a bad person. Like for downloading torrents, which i know i shouldn't do.

EDIT: A fair part of this occasional anxiety is the condition of my penis. Bascially I have a tight foreskin. The scarey thing is that when i pull the skin back as far as i can, which is halfway over my head, I have these little little bumps in a turtle shell kind of pattern. The bumps are on the foreskin, not the actual penis.

I keep puting of going to the doctor because I'm scared I guess. But I know I need to and I will, i'm just looking for moral support. What might this be?

If you can't retract the foreskin all the way, you may have phimosis. This is a condition that requires a surgical procedure to repair it, sometimes involving circumcision. Don't hold off going to the doctor any more, that's my advice.
    What? No, man. Usually all you need is a special prescription ointment. You only need surgery if it's really bad, and it sounds like the OP just has a mild case.

Azio on
  • Options
    BoredomBoredom Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Toldo wrote: »

What? No, man. Usually all you need is a special prescription ointment. You only need surgery if it's really bad, and it sounds like the OP just has a mild case.

Yea. There's also the... ahem. touching yourself more often and pulling it back a tiiiiny bit more each time. My doctor made me do this; it worked. I stress the "tiiiny," it should take several months and should never be even slightly painful. </embarrassing>

Boredom on
  • Options
    Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i have those things on my balls. It's a ton of fun!

Some got to be the size of a large pearl earing and had to be lanced by a doctor. Now THERE is a fun visit!

Once the big ones are gone, no girl will ever notice. They can come back, but can be lanced just as easily. It doesn't hurt, and barring some slight embarassment by your doctor, isn't penis threatening.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You're probably looking at the base of a hair follicle. They're all over your body but are most visible on the foreskin because the skin there is so thin. It's perfectly normal.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    h... how does the irrational fear of getting into trouble have anything to do with a minor anatomical quirk? Can I explain my reticence in social situations by referring to my double-jointed elbows, now?

t op: some people get nervous around authority figures when they have no or little experience with them. That's not unusual. you just need to remind yourself that you have not, in fact, done anything wrong. Also, knowledge being power, you may feel more secure after reading up on the laws of your jurisdiction, your rights/responsibilities etc.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I blame Siggy Freud.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    He's not going to confiscate it because you didn't take good enough care of it :P just make an appointment. And a sexual health clinic might be a better idea than a GP, just because they'll have had more experience with non-standard-issue wangs. Anyways, if they're not actually painful or oozing, they're probably not a big deal.

booster anecdote: I made an appointment quite a while back because I noticed a little lump on my cervix that had me nervous. Turns out it wasn't a problem, and the peace of mind I got from bracing myself to have the dang thing checked was totally worth the "how did you even notice O_o" from the doc, who was used to most of his female patients barely knowing what was down there, let alone monitoring themselves and going through a pelvic without making a fuss. Dude was really impressed that I was even capable of talking about stuff like that, which was pretty sad...

So do it: it'll be a weight off your mind and your doc will high-five you for being responsible.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg