As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warmachine Tabletop Tournaments!

TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Hey all. Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I haven't seen it so I'll post it.

Privateer Press has been an exhibitor every year at PAX, and this year is no exception. They will have several tournaments for their major games (Warmachine, Hordes) at PAX this year. I've quoted this from the original thread on their boards for your convenience.
Alright, folks! PAX is coming to Seattle late this August, Privateer will be there in force and we've got some killer events planned. Not only will PP be hosting the latest incarnation of their 'Tour of Duty' event (which will last throughout the entire PAX weekend) and the oh-so-traditional 500pt 'Working Man's Tourney' Friday night, we will for the first time be hosting an official HARDCORE event on Saturday and the 750pt Warmachine/Hordes Masters Tourney on Sunday.

For those who don't know, each year we have a series of PAX Master's Tourney Qualifying events - one each per store - and the winner of each event gets a free 3-day pass to PAX and is automatically entered into the PAX Master's Tourney on Sunday. This year we've got 12 locations participating - 8 in Washington, 3 in Oregon and 1 in Idaho (Mosie Agogo held that one yesterday, and he took care of promoting that one quite well!).

I imagine more than a few people are interested in knowing where these events will be held at and when, so here ya go!

Sunday, June 17th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Fantasy Knights, Albany OR
Saturday, June 23rd - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Oroboro Games, Redmond WA

Sunday, July 1st - WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Genesis Games and Gizmos, Redmond WA
Saturday, July 7th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Comics Keep, Bremerton WA
Sunday, July 8th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Eagles Games, Bellingham WA
Sunday, July 8th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Ancient Wonders, Portland OR
Saturday, July 14th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ The Game Matrix, Lakewood WA
Sunday, July 15th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Cascade Comics and Games, North Bend WA
Sunday, July 15th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Rainy Day Games, Aloha OR
Sunday, July 22nd - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Fantastic Games, Edmonds WA

Saturay, Aug 4th - 750 WM/H mixed PAX Master's Qualifier @ Olympic Cards and Comics, Lacey WA

So tell yer friends, point 'em to this thread, have them pm me with their questions!

Thanks!

Smedley

From: http://forums.privateerpress.com/index.php?showtopic=117494

In addition to the master tournament, I got some more details from Mr. Smedley via PM. The schedule for PAX was originally posted in PP's No Quarter Magazine. Here's the skinny.

Friday:
-Tour of Duty 'Opening Salvo' (open all day)
-'Working Man's Tourney' WM/H mixed tourney (7pm with registration at 6:30)

Saturday:
-continuation of the Tour of Duty event (open all day)
-Hardcore tourney (11am)

Sunday:
-continuation of the Tour of Duty event (open most of the day)
-Warmachine/Hordes Master's Invitational tournament (invite only, sort of a regionals thing) (11am)

Plus free play, demos and Privateer will be there all weekend.

Moe, can we get this added to the list of non-electronic events at PAX?

TrainwreckX on

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Done. Also if you can get the times for those tourneys, I'll add them to the schedule.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Done. Also if you can get the times for those tourneys, I'll add them to the schedule.

Added the times that I was able to get from Smed.

Edit: Got the time for the "working man's tourney"

Also, in case it wasn't clear to anyone in my OP, these are all official Privateer Press sanctioned events. I would guess they will have some nice prizes, as they have in past yeras.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Too bad I can't be there the whole weekend, I could just spend most of my time at some tabletop booth painting minis.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Crud! Not enough ti,e for me to drag my Protectorate out of the mire... I'll be stopping by though...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just started a Khador ( MOTHERLAND! ) Army, and won't be doing any tournaments (most likely), but is anyone here gonna do some non-tourney games with WM/Hordes? I'd love to watch/participate, so I'll be visiting the TT area.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
This discussion has been closed.