As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Revolution PHALLA] - The Bastilj

Comte de CalonneComte de Calonne Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Critical Failures
Prise_de_la_Bastille.jpg

The Bastilj

Some attacks will kill you instantly. Others send you to the Bastilj (prison). Nobles and clergymen are privileged even in prison, and will be able to continue private communication with the outside world, but can no longer post in the main thread. People in the main thread cannot post in the Bastilj thread.
  • For the purposes of victory conditions, players in the Bastilj are considered "dead".
  • Special abilities don't work in the Bastilj.
  • Most items won't function in the Bastilj (see item list for exceptions).
  • Players are automatically executed after spending three days in the Bastilj.
  • Every day, the prisoners arrange an "accident" to get rid of one of their fellow prisoners. Vote Hylianbunny.
  • Every day, the prisoners use their remaining influence and new criminal contacts to provide one or more random items to a faction of their choice. They have no control over which item is selected, how many of them, and to which player(s). The random generator may favor some items over others, for balance reasons. Example: Aristocrats!

List of Inmates:

Manaleak34 - execution in 2 nights
DËTHKÖK - execution in 2 nights
Hakkekage - execution in 2 nights
Buzz Buzz - execution in 3 nights
Cj Iwakura - execution in 3 nights
Logan - execution in 3 nights

Comte de Calonne on

• GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Life is tough :(

Vote B:L
    Aristocrats!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Such is the life of someone who kicks the big man's dog (Precisionk).

Aristocrats!

B:L Always gets hate, he needs to not have early accidents so he, you know, has a chance to play a game for once.

Vote Tehspectre

Ardor on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh dear, we must band together to eliminate the traitorous threats!

!Death (vote) to grundlterror!

And I believe these holy relics should be sent to where they belong.

!To the Church (vote) they go

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited August 2007
    So the living can read this thread right? Did we want to offer them advice?

I think the easiest bit of advice I could offer would be to look at the numbers and figure what would work better. At this point, I think a central network consisting of both clergy and aristocrats is the best way to go. After all, if this is anything like Final Fantasy Phalla, those two groups need to keep the main groups from accomplishing their win conditions, one being total rule over the other.

I believe Squashua was correct, as I stated before, in going after the two bad guy groups because the odds are more in favor of an allied victory than a one sided victory. I don't see why people discount him so much, the guy's got a good head on his shoulders, even if you may not think much of the way he delivers things.

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    If he said he was taking out one of his own, then we might've been a bit more receptive of the idea.

At least GLORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR PRECISIONK is taking the lead to offer a truce to nobleman Frosteey. I believe a trustworthy pact is worth much more than blind vengeance.

edited August 2007
    There was no reason for FWD to duel a self outted vigilante, he needs to die.

And I suppose I can !vote tehspectre as well, B:L can live.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I don't see why people discount him so much, the guy's got a good head on his shoulders, even if you may not think much of the way he delivers things.

<3 Ardor <3

Squashua on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It is sad to see such hostility in this day and age.

!Grundlterror needs to be punished for his foul deeds.

Hopefully, the !Church shall receive a divine relic, in which to smite these non-believers.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Grundl, you of all people should agree that the item we send should be a tithe to the church.

With the given deaths, it is much more likely that villians are hiding within the Aristocracy, and therefore a higher chance that an Aristocratic revolutionary would receive our item.

So please think of saintly virtues, and change your item to the Church...

...unless, you follow the philosophies of Hippocrates? ;-)

edited August 2007
    We've got some time. If the living can read this thread, which I think they could, your church has to offer us something in return in order for us to give an item to your followers.

PK is around, as is a decent amount of players. What would they like to offer us in return for an item tonight?

Let us know so we can bargain. Otherwise, tonight's voting down here accomplishes nothing since a tie vote means nothing happens.

EDIT: Thanks Dethkok. I guess while we don't have full control over what happens, if we want to make any deals, we could discuss the switching of our votes of items to the clergy should something be given in return.

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Grundl, you of all people should agree that the item we send should be a tithe to the church.

With the given deaths, it is much more likely that villians are hiding within the Aristocracy, and therefore a higher chance that an Aristocratic revolutionary would receive our item.

I'll change my item to the church (because although I don't agree with it your logic does make a bit of sense) if you change your vote to Tehspectre. This could be our first step in uniting the two factions against the bad guys instead of having an all out civil war.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    B:L wrote: »

I'll change my item to the church (because although I don't agree with it your logic does make a bit of sense) if you change your vote to Tehspectre. This could be our first step in uniting the two factions against the bad guys instead of having an all out civil war.
    Or...Ardor could switch his vote onto you, for the traitorous act of conspiracy to murder a possible seer target for your own chancellor. You're the most suspicious one of all here, with quick unexplained votes and now with trying to kill TehSpectre and going against your chancellor's wishes.

Killing a probable traitor is "preferable".

edited August 2007
    I really think Squashua had it right when he said we should team up against the smaller bad guy groups, I will help us work towards that goal.

The Church could use those relics

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    Eh, I suppose.

I would rather have had it randomized so no one knew which side had an advantage but I suppose the logic is good for giving it to the church... and I, who have been advocating this alliance, shall also reinforce the church with items.

B:L there is still time for you to switch your vote to Tehspectre.... restore balance between the sides. Notice the great Chancellors decree.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Well B:L, here's to hoping you are innocent so you can potentially lead a combined force up top.

Ardor on
  • vagabondmonkvagabondmonk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    well crap. a guy does his best to help out, dodges the bandwagon, and STILL winds up in jail.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Such is life in the green mile here.

So, Frosteey, do we know what Tehspectre is?

While we are down both vigilantes now, or at least one from each side, we should heavily consider having the aristocratic guardian contact PK so they can protect each other, provided they cannot protect themselves. We've had a few games where that would create a near perfect twin protection clause, but never had the chance to use it. I would highly consider doing it and having both sides work together. That may help guarantee two protected individuals.

Another idea, to make sure we don't vote our side guardian in jail, might be to vote for targets in the church, while looking at using items and/or attacks on people in the aristicracy? It's a thought.

However, keep in mind you guys (guardians) do have a very real chance to work together to ensure either a network of common ground against the bohemians and revolutionaries.

Ardor on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    So, Frosteey, do we know what Tehspectre is?
    You you didn't notice, good sir, Frosteey switched his choice for torture to B:L...who was thusly poisoned to death.

I can only imagine a fate such as that coming down upon myself tonight...

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited August 2007
    It's painfully apparent that I need to pay a little more attention to those things, my apologies.

Perhaps MrBlarney should look into freeing people? If someone's not willing to let an innocent be found out down here to where they can be released, the people up top should either free us, or kill us?

In a good sense though, since we are considered 'dead' for all intensive purposes, it's better they waste their kilsl on us down here rather than up top.

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    'My, this dish is delishious! Whatever is it called?'

Mudkipz, a-la Hypnotoad

OoOOOOoooOoOURK!

*spontaneously combusts out of the space-time continuim*

((I was a frog in the pet store phalla, and now I'm killed by one. :lol: ))

edited August 2007
    Alrighty, so no one is here and things are going to hell in a handbasket out in the game proper...

First off, Plutonium is continuing to vote out PK, even after his outing as a guardian...that is a big "?"
    And, of course, there is the mindless bandwagoning by the Church. Why on earth would you vote a Church-sympathetic leader to jail? Unless there are WAY more rebels out there than one would think, the village is slowly consuming itself.

Not a single vote yet in here. Well, logic stands to reason that the Aristocracy should get the item on account of the Church's abject refusal to work as a team. Not so much in the leadership, but in the group at large. It makes it hard to figure out who is a rebel and who not.

As far as the kill vote, honestly, I got nothing. Saburbia is out of town, Ardor was one of the first to adopt the "let's get together" plan, and TehSpectre got two posts in before being jailed. I'm gonna hold off for now. I will get up a little earlier before work and see if there is any change.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    So are the Church and Aristocrats working together? Or is the church still thinking about going after their non-allied win condition?

I'd like to hear this from some aristocrats because I'm not going to screw over my team, even though I'm dead in 2 days.

Aristocrats deserve some items tonight for now.

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    I vote Tehspectre.

Hasn't been too active or helpful down here. Plus, Saburbia's got 3 days yet, the lifespan of Tehspectre and myself grow short.

As for FWD, sure, he took a big risk, but if it wasn't clarified, we should ask if any specific items went only to innocent clergy or aristocrats. If that's unknown, FWD is no cleaner than the rest of us. Right now, PK is the only verified innocent I believe, provided guardians/templars cannot be bohemians or revolutionaries. It makes sense they can't though.

Still, killing the vigilante as he did, FWD doesn't agree with working together and he doesn't want to explain why he's apparently being protected by the use of items per the narration, from joining us down here.

Vigilantes can prove themselves in a single night, 24 hours or less was apparently not fast enough for FWD, he had to jump on that right quick instead of trying to use his item to help the larger factions deal with the smaller ones. I'd call that a very hasty move on day 1 no less.

Ardor on
    edited August 2007
    Yay triple post!

To the Clergy, I'd recommend you work together because the odds are not only better that way with a larger, allied network to take down the smaller groups, but while you guys throw people in prison, the aristocrats can simply start freeing their men and women from behind bars to bolster their numbers. While this continues, I'd imagine the smaller factions want to keep everyone in check, so they will be killing clergy while aristocrats continue to go to jail.

Do you see where this is going? Death gives no second chances Clergy, but jailing can be remedied by the Chancellor. Think long term and don't get caught up on the short term pros you see in front of you, this will lead to your downfall. I'm sure at least some of you have thought about this. If you haven't, then I've done some of the thinking for you.

MrBlarney, you should sit down and really consider if the church is actually going to work with you. PM conversations between PK and myself have proven him to have a rational head, but it hints of him only working with the church and not with the Aristocrats. If he is only working towards his side's win condition, you and the rest of the non-jailed aristocrats need to think about what direction you will take. Will you push for the smaller groups to decide whether or not you can bully the church into giong with you? Or shall you fight them with the same intensity they use to fight you?

There's several ways to go about meeting a win condition, the aristocrats have to decide where they want to go, I'm guessing the church has already decided their path.

Ardor on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmm so I'm in jail?

Yay, now what to do.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited August 2007
    yeah, it seems like there are just too many Churchies that either vote blindly based on what their brethern vote or honestly think that the best way to win is through the aristorcracy and not with them. PK has seemed to be open to cooperation (Seering Skulk yesterday, trying to network all the seers together, the fact that he is a good special). However, nothing has come about from that. I am afraid that this leaves the Aristocrats in a tight place. Either we have to start trying to take the Church out on our own, find and ally with one of the enemy factions, or garner enough support within the Church to immediately cut out the non-Alliance faction. We can't, however, just sit back day after day, confused at the over-aggressive voting of the Church, and get screwed. So, with that in mind, I guess I will Vote TehSpectre to get the carved soap shiv because, if blind agrression ends up having to be combated with our own aggression, the numbers need to swing our way.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Well, as long as MrBlarney himself is going to be doing the torturing, I have no problems with it. :winky:

Ardor on
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jesus H. Christ these clergy men are idiots.

Jester313 on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bliss101 wrote:
    And the Vicomtesse Hakkekage -- do you remember the absolutely outrageous wig she wore last Easter!

That wig was PERFECT!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited August 2007
    Can we look at the "Alive" thread or not?

Jester313 on
  • Comte de CalonneComte de Calonne Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    Can we look at the "Alive" thread or not?

Yes. Just don't post there. You can also send PMs and use any other private communication with other (living) players.

Comte de Calonne on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    More Confidential Letters? What is going on here? Being in the Bastilj won't stop me from publishing my spreadsheets though. Night 3 Spreadsheet (as of posts 533 / 29)

The unjailed living population is slightly in favor of the Church, 14 to 13. Being that the one bad guy found was from the Aristocracy side, the best place to put the next item should still be with the Aristocracy. Down here, the demographics skew toward the Aristocrats, so that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Added in Zerinan to the factors.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited August 2007
    Well then, !Aristocracy for shiny baubles.

Jester313 on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just because we are in jail doesn't mean we need to be so quiet!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'm here for a moment while I eat some lunch.

The only obvious thing right now is to !vote to give Aristocracy another item. As for the execution voting, I'm leaning toward MrBallBaggins. Unfortunately, I can't really provide that much good reasoning for it, as both the Aristocrats and Clergy have been voting primarily in blocks, making analysis difficult.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited August 2007
    Indeed, yay for lunch time/shift breaks...

It is really nice that the votes are starting to spread out a bit up there! Two Chruch votes in a row for seperate people, both backed by personal logic. If the Chancellor is reading this, I think seering Mr.Blarney is the best action for tonight. Unless the Cardinal and you have a previous arrangement, I think he is the best choice of folks down here to have around. I like to think I have a little skill with logic, but he is WAY more seasoned than I am, and I won't be making any pretty spreadsheets for folks :P

As far as suspicious folk go, I am still waiting for Plutonium's explanation as to why he is voting PK...

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'm going to take Vagabond and Blarney's advice. Chancellor, do what you need to do. In the meantime, so will we.

!vote MrBallBaggins

Jester313 on
    edited August 2007
    I can sense that there's a lot of conversation going on in the background, leading to a lack of posting. Networks among the Revolutionaries, Bohemians, Aristocracy, and Church, and attempts to forge mutual play between the Chancellor and Cardinal. I've really got nothing to say at this point myself, so I'm not really much help in forging conversation either, huh?

For now, I will go with my instincts and !vote for MrBallbaggins to be executed.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Holy shit, Grundlterror. Just...Bravo. That's a hell of a way to throw down the gauntlet :D

I have been filled with patriotic fervor as a result. !Give my Aristocratic class an item, please, and may it serve them well.

As for the BallBaggins bandwagon, I'm not getting a reason for it other than Blarney's instinct, so I'll hold off until later.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Would someone care to enlighten me as to why I'm being bandwagoned?

MrBallbaggins on