As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cosplayers @ Pax 2007!! ^_^V

PacificPyroPacificPyro Registered User new member
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Just wondering if any cosplayers are on this forum that went to PAX 07 ^_^V
it was my first year to attend and thank you to the people who got me in for free!!! ^_^V

anyone got pics of me or other cosplayers? please post...
also.. from my point of view.. seems like.. gaming cons are different... not much really many people cosplay at these conventions i guess?? but still seems like people have fun!

and if anyone got pics of me... please send since my camera broke T_T here's a pic of me... the main outfit that people noticed
Fri/Sun: 1st Class SOLDIER: Zack Fair (FFVII Crisis Core)
Sat: WRO Soldier (FFVII: Dirge of Cereberus)

me as Zack:
n506113501_196775_8784.jpg
me as WRO (and my friend as Nero was working at PAX... but not in cosplay):
n506113501_45990_7096.jpg

also, if ANYONE can please help me out, im trying to pre-order TWO of the Special Edition PSP Crisis Core Bundles for reasonable price... but Square Enix wasn't there... and their sites are sold out!! other sites are charging $400+/each!! T_T all help in helping me find a place to get it for less than $300 would be appreciated!!!

thanks to all who made my first year PAX fun!!! ^_^V

PacificPyro on

• Options
    ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am happy to say I did not see many of you people.

Thello on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I don't really see PAX or gaming cons in general as being the place to cosplay. Not that I'll complain or try to stop you, just that I don't think most of us give two shits. There will of course be those who disagree but I suspect they're a vocal minority.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hahah, Hobo Zack was awesome.

I spotted only one pic of you, from goddessofkat's flickr:

http://flickr.com/photos/goddessofkats/1254356903/in/set-72157601707313536/

The Guitar Hero, Guild Wars (minus monk), Faust and Phoenix Wright cosplayers were great as well.

Edit: OH SHI-, can't forget the awe-inspiring Peach as well. ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Phoenix Wright + Edgeworth = best ones I saw.

bombardier on
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friend dressed as pants man. He and the GH cosplayers were definitely my favorite ones this year.

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    HaleHale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    bombardier wrote: »
    paxobjection.png

I was Pantsman, as previously mentioned. Anyone have any good shots?

Hale on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I think I saw the older Skye sister running around with them as well.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    metoolmetool Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth were awesome to see, i personally liked the Gum cosplay.

suc50054.jpg

metool on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hale wrote: »
    paxobjection.png

I was Pantsman, as previously mentioned. Anyone have any good shots?

I liked the Phoenix Wright cosplays the best, myself, though some of the Links were very impressive. The Metroid hat may not be full-out cosplay, but it stands high on my list as well.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That Phoenix Wright cosplay is MAGICAL. Fucking genius. Wish I'd seen you.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    MagicallyStupidMagicallyStupid Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I seriously couldn't get away from the Phoenix Wright cosplayers... it's got me wanting to cosplay next year solely to defeat them in cosplay awesomeness.

...now I need an idea for that... among other things....

MagicallyStupid on
    My sig can beat up your sig!
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    paxpeachtw7.jpg

Peach was definitely my favorite, but Phoenix Wright was awesome as well.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    PlayPlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    By far, this year had the most/best cosplay. I really have to remember to take a camera next time.

Play on
  • Options
    gates_apcogates_apco Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ...thank you to the people who got me in for free!!! ^_^V

Your welcome!

gates_apco on
  • Options
    SeraKittenSeraKitten Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Not to rain on the parade, but I believe that Pheonix Wright and Co. were hired for the Con. Does that count as cosplay?

Can anyone confirm if they were hired or just awesome fans?

SeraKitten on
  • Options
    helmet_okhelmet_ok Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was Zero Suit Samus, if anyone has any pics

helmet_ok on
  • Options
    KaZzuKaZzu Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    SeraKitten wrote: »
    Not to rain on the parade, but I believe that Pheonix Wright and Co. were hired for the Con. Does that count as cosplay?

Can anyone confirm if they were hired or just awesome fans?

I was the Edgeworth on Sat. Phoenix and I are just locals; not paid or anything like that. I paid the 30 bucks to be there for 1 day =_=;

KaZzu on
  • Options
    Fo0dNippl4Fo0dNippl4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Did someone say there were Guitar Hero cosplayers? I want to see pictures of this.

Fo0dNippl4 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NinjAttorneyNinjAttorney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And I was the Phoenix on Friday and Saturday, and then Edgeworth on Sunday. I got a pic of Pacific Pyro from Saturday.

wrops9.jpg

NinjAttorney on
  • Options
    NinjAttorneyNinjAttorney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fo0dNippl4 wrote: »
    Did someone say there were Guitar Hero cosplayers? I want to see pictures of this.

Only one I have:

pax3002zm6.jpg

NinjAttorney on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ahahahahaha.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really see PAX or gaming cons in general as being the place to cosplay. Not that I'll complain or try to stop you, just that I don't think most of us give two shits. There will of course be those who disagree but I suspect they're a vocal minority.
    Of course I have to disagree, I see PAX and gaming cons as gaming based cosplay. :P Which is what most of the cosplay was. O_o Now, not that many people cosplayed as much as other cons that you mostly see cosplayers at but personally, I think it's nice to see gaming based cosplayers even in low numbers. Did you like any of the cosplaying at all Druhim? :P

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I saw a great Faust (Guilty Gear) cosplayer a couple times, but I can't find a picture of him.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Behemoth wrote: »
    I saw a great Faust (Guilty Gear) cosplayer a couple times, but I can't find a picture of him.

http://flickr.com/photos/goddessofkats/1255076822/in/set-72157601707313536/

No mention of the Tifa?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brokenangel78/1259130526/in/set-72157601720683090/
    (I heard she was decent at games too :winky: )

I didn't see this guy around though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/360style/1254813760/in/set-72157601714445123/

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    DeviousPorkinsDeviousPorkins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I can agree. I took some time off enforcing to kick some ass in Tekken 5. I made the one mistake every guy gamer makes in his life. I took my female opponent for granted. One loss later, I hung my head in shame and headed out.

DeviousPorkins on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Buraisu wrote: »
    Of course I have to disagree, I see PAX and gaming cons as gaming based cosplay. :P Which is what most of the cosplay was. O_o Now, not that many people cosplayed as much as other cons that you mostly see cosplayers at but personally, I think it's nice to see gaming based cosplayers even in low numbers. Did you like any of the cosplaying at all Druhim? :P
    I literally don't care as long as it's not too widespread, so that means that if some people cosplay I'll essentially ignore it (unless it's crappy and then I'll be inclined to joke about it behind their backs, just how I am). If for some reason cosplaying became a significant part of PAX and was omnipresent throughout the convention, I might be inclined to just skip PAX and party with friends after hours. The main draw of PAX for me is the people I know that come from out of town. We have great times together at the convention as well as outside of it. So I'm not going to get in an uproar over cosplay, I just don't care for it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    sephirion0sephirion0 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Holy crap that's awesome! Where do you get a full size keyblade like that?

sephirion0 on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Did anybody see any CTSs around? I remember there were at least a couple last year, but I didn't see any this year.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I dressed up as a newsboy from New Arcadia (Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness) but I was told that my costume looked too much like "normal" clothes.

I have no pictures of me in costume at PAX, but here are two of me when I tired my stuff on at home:

img0006mf8.th.jpg

img0004lb0.th.jpg

I saw a girl dressed as Squall Leonhart from FF. That one was very good.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Phoenix/Edgeworth is brilliant!

If I had longer hair I think I would do that for Halloween.

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • Options
    PacificPyroPacificPyro Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    I literally don't care as long as it's not too widespread, so that means that if some people cosplay I'll essentially ignore it (unless it's crappy and then I'll be inclined to joke about it behind their backs, just how I am). If for some reason cosplaying became a significant part of PAX and was omnipresent throughout the convention, I might be inclined to just skip PAX and party with friends after hours. The main draw of PAX for me is the people I know that come from out of town. We have great times together at the convention as well as outside of it. So I'm not going to get in an uproar over cosplay, I just don't care for it.

wow.... flamin already on this topic? seems like you view cosplayers as a bad disease.... oh well...
    one less person to hear their hating if gaming cosplayers raid next PAX (starts letting fellow cosplayers know)
    where's the love seriously? we're all there dressed to have fun and just spend time with fellow gamers in or out of cosplay... nothing wrong with that...

and NO, the Phoenix Wright Cosplayers were NOT paid by PAX to show up and such bcuz i know them a bit.
    I was looking forward to a Square Enix Booth to try and play some games i was looking forwad to by them.. but.. they werent thre T_T

that Ryu from Street Fighter Cosplayer was awesome!! my Guile friend was there too as a regular attendee.

requesitng pics of Ryu!!! ^_^V

PacificPyro on
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

From reading all your posts on these boards, I have to conclude that you, sir, are a negative nancy. Lighten up a little, its all in good fun!

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Foxy_Roxy wrote: »

From reading all your posts on these boards, I have to conclude that you, sir, are a negative nancy. Lighten up a little, its all in good fun!

Well said, I mean the cosplayers are there to have fun just like you. They don't hurt anyone (unless they're dumb with their oversized swords). I don't cosplay, but I certainly can appreciate someone that takes a lot of time and effort on their costume.

Also, I saw you you Friday Mentok and meant to say hello, but was too busy running around and trying to get in line for the keynote.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Flaming? Negative nancy? You people are oversensitive. I shared my opinion without attacking anyone. I'm honestly flabbergasted how you crybabies (and I'm referring only to those of you that think I was flaming) could think "I literally don't care as long as it's not too widespread" equals flaming. Do you just shit on anyone that expresses a contrary opinion? I'm glad you enjoyed the cosplay, it's just not something I care about.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Loved seeing all of the cosplayers. Now everyone who is going next year with me wants to dress up!

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • Options
    DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    metool wrote: »
    Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth were awesome to see, i personally liked the Gum cosplay.
    suc50054.jpg

That same girl dressed up as the Lazytown girl on one of the days

4q7mfig.jpg

sorry for the crappy quality I only had my camera phone.

Also yeah the Phoenix Wright guys were fantastic, props to both of you.

Draknodred on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Phanman wrote: »

Also, I saw you you Friday Mentok and meant to say hello, but was too busy running around and trying to get in line for the keynote.

I was seen! Huzzah!

I was only dressed in the costume for most of Friday. At one point my back became so covered with sweat from wearing the shirt and vest under the backpack that I had to change into a normal shirt and shorts.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    helmet_ok wrote: »
    I was Zero Suit Samus, if anyone has any pics

Assuming you were the one hanging out with Link, I got a crappy picture of you.

paxlinkzssqh1.jpg

I also got a picture of the Guitar Hero girls.

paxghrg6.jpg

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    That girl skulking behind the guitar hero girls was in the Family Feud! ... I think.

bombardier on
  • Options
    artificeartifice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    thats a girl? (comon theme in this thread)

artifice on
This discussion has been closed.