As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX cosplay?

KragNaroKKragNaroK Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
Just wonering what I might see from others. Myself and 3 others are going as red tf2 classes ( my 6 ft 6 fat person will be toting around sasha if I can get it cross the border) just wondering what I'll see

KragNaroK on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Theres been some. Cosplaying as TF2 is win.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    NorthNorth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cosplay at PAX is sparse but it's always there.

North on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Screw cosplay, the mighty monarch is into COSBIZNESS !!!

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going as the BLU engineer, complete with carved-foam wrench.
    Y'all RED team better watch out, 'fore ya git plugged, y'hear?

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm kind of thinking that I should go as one of those fat bad guys in Final Fight.

Trouble is, I'd have to dress fancier than my usual attire. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have...plans. Plans that I shall not reveal yet lest they go the way of all my plans (dropped like a bad habit).

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    On the topic - I'm looking for 8 others to cosplay as the "Red" team from TF2, by wearing identical blue suits and masks while toting cigarette cases and electrosappers. PM me if you're interested.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Last year I dressed up as a guy from the time and place of the Penny Arcade game. Which is to say, I dressed like a paperboy from the 1920's or 30's.

However, not many people realized that I was in fact wearing a costume. I think that the average person saw me and thought that I had a slightly unusual fashion sense.

My old thread from the Precipice forum:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=25878

I will have to re-upload the pics I took of myself in costume.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The only way I would do cosplay would be if I could think of a funny/original costume.

I will post here again if I do.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Last year I dressed up as a guy from the time and place of the Penny Arcade game. Which is to say, I dressed like a paperboy from the 1920's or 30's.

However, not many people realized that I was in fact wearing a costume. I think that the average person saw me and thought that I had a slightly unusual fashion sense.

Dressing up Steampunk style for PAX sounds like fun.

To make room for a custome though, Id have to sacrifice luggage space that is reserved for liquor bottles.....
    Yeah, im not willing to do that :P

Victor15b on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I fully intend on cosplaying all of PAX. I have already completed my Navi costume, which I wore to Sakura Con '08, in case anyone saw me then. As for my other costume, I'll see if I get it done it time. Until then it's top secret~

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh God, you have to tell everyone to "Hey! Listen!"

It will be glorious.

LewieP on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Please excuse the watch and the burly hairy man legs.

img0004ud6.th.jpgimg0006op1.th.jpg

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Fooswashere1Fooswashere1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I might just go as the blue scout so I can have an outfit that matches my messenger bag.

http://www.roosterteethstore.com/bag0002.html

I know it is not the right color for the costume but it is still awesome.

Fooswashere1 on
  • Options
    ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I made plans for an amazing costume. All I want to say is that I've googled it, and all I've seen is crap compared to what mine is going to be.

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    AltDelete wrote: »
    On the topic - I'm looking for 8 others to cosplay as the "Red" team from TF2, by wearing identical blue suits and masks while toting cigarette cases and electrosappers. PM me if you're interested.

SAPPIN MAH SENTRY!

I'm actually seriously considering making a cardboard sentry and set it up somewhere, with my cell number on it, so if anyone sees a sapper on it, they can text me and I'll have to yell SPY SAPPIN MAH SENTRY and run off xDD
    I'll be watching you, altdelete 8|

oh and in light of the RED spyspam if we could get a BLU pyro that's be great =P
    And what's with everyone on RED? PAX needs an autobalance.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    KragNaroK wrote: »
    PAX cosplay?

No.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »
    PAX cosplay?

No.

Seconded.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm actually seriously considering making a cardboard sentry and set it up somewhere, with my cell number on it, so if anyone sees a sapper on it, they can text me and I'll have to yell SPY SAPPIN MAH SENTRY and run off xDD
    I'll be watching you, altdelete 8|

I suggest taking the blades off an old oscillating table or floor fan and building your sentry around it. That'll make it move as well, which would be the tits.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ArcticXC wrote: »
    PAX cosplay?

No.

Seconded.

If its game related... why not?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    ArcticXC wrote: »
    PAX cosplay?

No.

Seconded.

If its game related... why not?

Seriously, I loved some of the costumes I saw last year. Well done costumes are always fun.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I love the idea of cosplay (I'll spend hours looking at costumes from any recent cons when I have time), and if I were going to AWA, DragonCon, etc, I'd almost definitely put something together. However, considering that I'm having to fly from a minor airport on the East coast, there is no room for costumes of any kind in my budget. I do plan on taking pictures of any cosplayer that allows me to do so, however.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'll dress up in a video game character costume (God knows I did to win my Gamecube =) ), but I won't call it Cosplay. I think there's some kind of negative perception associated with that particular term. I cringe when I hear it. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I love the idea of cosplay (I'll spend hours looking at costumes from any recent cons when I have time), and if I were going to AWA, DragonCon, etc, I'd almost definitely put something together. However, considering that I'm having to fly from a minor airport on the East coast, there is no room for costumes of any kind in my budget. I do plan on taking pictures of any cosplayer that allows me to do so, however.

My friend asked every cosplayer we came across if he could take their picture, and all of them were totally cool with it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »

My friend asked every cosplayer we came across if he could take their picture, and all of them were totally cool with it.
    Yeah, I never had a problem with it. If you go to a convention wearing a costume, you're pretty much saying "LOOK AT ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

Except for Prince Peach last year. What a surly fellow.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    Sequential_ComboSequential_Combo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would like to cosplay, but I'm way too shy. I also can't sew.
    Considering I wanted to go as Telma from Twilight Princess, this may present a problem.
    Ah well, there's always next year.

Sequential_Combo on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    I think man-peach lost a bet last year, which is reason enough to be surly, I suppose, but on top of that he ended up getting hundreds of pictures taken of him and spread all over the internet.

Let this be a lesson to you all, never agree to a bet that involves drawing attention to yourself at pax

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, but he could have run with it and been awesome. You gotta own up to that kind of thing. Embrace it.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

It will be glorious.

hehe yeah ^^ a major part of the costume is a sign that I have that says "Hey! Listen!" all over it :3 and also, I am very prepared for threats of violence from angry Zelda players (I don't think anyone would actualy hurt me for being Navi. I hope...)

Lyanth on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hehe yeah ^^ a major part of the costume is a sign that I have that says "Hey! Listen!" all over it :3 and also, I am very prepared for threats of violence from angry Zelda players (I don't think anyone would actualy hurt me for being Navi. I hope...)

Nah, we love Navi.
    I swear.

SWAT THAT PEST!!
    (Nah, just kiddin'...Navi's kinda cute, in a way... ;P )

About the cosplay thingie...I guess I could give it a try, got a couple somewhere :3

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nah, we love Navi.
    I swear.

Ahh, the sarcasm~

but yeah, I find cosplay to be pretty easy, if you do it right.

Baseball cap + striped shirt + shorts + baseball bat = NESS!

tada! see? cosplay can be a totaly sinch if you ask me.

Lyanth on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, guess you're right...I could work out a Seraph cosplay (the Guardian of the Oracle...Matrix, anyone?)
    Also got a Gackt cosplay somewhere aaaaand maybe a little something starting with "Ja" and ending with "ffa" :P

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    ctishman wrote: »
    I suggest taking the blades off an old oscillating table or floor fan and building your sentry around it. That'll make it move as well, which would be the tits.

I have no idea what an oscillating table or a floor fan is, but thanks for the advice.
    *google*

Edit: wow I'm a dumbass. I thought you meant a table that oscillated.
    Yes that would be epic as hell. Except I would need a place to plug it in, or else find one that runs on batteries.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »

It will be glorious.

So all your going to be wearing are wings and a soft glow?:winky:

Shade on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    ctishman wrote: »

I have no idea what an oscillating table or a floor fan is, but thanks for the advice.
    *google*

Edit: wow I'm a dumbass. I thought you meant a table that oscillated.
    Yes that would be epic as hell. Except I would need a place to plug it in, or else find one that runs on batteries.

Hmm... if you jury rigged it a bit, I bet you could rewire it to pull its energy from a battery. That could be really cool too, as you could incorporate the (possibly bulky, depending on size needed) battery into the appearance and design of the turret itself.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Shade wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »

It will be glorious.

So all your going to be wearing are wings and a soft glow?:winky:

If I were able to pull that off, I don't think I would wear anything else, ever ;-)

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    get a room.

LewieP on
  • Options
    KragNaroKKragNaroK Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    to all zelda fans, i win no matter what
    www.myspace.com/kragnarok (yeah i know i just use it to host pics)
    it is real, inch thick oak,3ft by 3 ft, and if i can get it accross the border i am win

KragNaroK on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    it is real, inch thick oak,3ft by 3 ft, and if i can get it accross the border i am win

You, my friend, are made of WIN.

Is it metal on the front (to make it all shiny and metal-looking), or is it a metallic paint? Very cool!

EDIT: Would they hassle you at the border for a shield? I mean, a shield is primarily a defensive device. If it was a sword, I could see some trouble. But if they hassle you for taking a home-made shield, they might as well hassle you for bringing your car (as it could theoretically be used to injure or kill someone) =)

I can see them hassling someone for it... but I think that sucks if they do.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

lol awesome! Just attach it to the hood of your car before you hit the border, it'll look like an awesomely oversized hood ornament...

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
This discussion has been closed.