As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post PAX Vancouver (New Event!)

tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in PAX Archive
Sumi's Birthday Extravaganza on the 11th of October! It's a Saturday, should be good times. Will update if we have any more firm details, look for that closer to the date. Respond if you're going to be coming, and I'll keep a list of people who should be there.

For Sure Attendees (6):
Sumi
Eric
tr0tsky
AbsintheMinded
degreesplatinum
ACC3SS

Maybe Attendees (0):

But okay, the 11th it is! Trotsky, can you please put this in the Op along with a list of people who are definite/maybe.

Eric and I will for sure be there, And possibly a few of my other gamer friends. I think we should go to the Laserdome at 9 pm for their flat rate. -> "PLAY ALL NIGHT for 19.95 (Friday and Saturday 9 – midnight)" or I'm sure you could just pay for a couple hours if you wanted to but this is the one I'm aiming for. Does anyone know of any good food joints in the area? It's located on the Dollarton Hwy in north van. I could possibly give a few rides between locations but that's not for sure.

Also, I need to call this the Sumi Birthday Extravaganza since I'm turning 21 on the 15th.... Horay!

Here's a googlemap with the location of the Lasertag place: Laserdome Plus

tr0tsky on

• Options
    RyosenRyosen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll go if Haterot goes.

Ryosen on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Me and my friends are from further east, like kelowna and beyond, with a few guys from van. We have a lan party every so often at once of their places, I'll talk with him and see if we might invite other people from the area.

Just an idea to go over, would anyone be interested?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I might be, depending on where it is...lans are fun

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    I like tea biscuitsI like tea biscuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    leaf wrote: »
    Me and my friends are from further east, like kelowna and beyond, with a few guys from van. We have a lan party every so often at once of their places, I'll talk with him and see if we might invite other people from the area.

Just an idea to go over, would anyone be interested?

Yes, I would be interested

I won't be able to go to Darby's this Friday, but I would love to hang out with all of you some other time

I like tea biscuits on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Uhhh I believe it's near the brentwood station in burnaby. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I was at his place, but it's a few stations past metrotown, and the station is within walking distance of his place (a long walk, but yeah).

Anyways, I'll have to talk to him, I don't want to be offering up his place without even asking, you know?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sorry, trots i gotta no show for this friday. party down in agassi that i gotta show up at.
    but you know youve got a stage singer for your crew for that charity drive night

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    alright, i'll see if I can find 2 more. Hopefully my friends work team is a no-go, then we'll have a drummer :D

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well I'm quite horrible at Rock Band as I rarely have the opportunity to play it. However I'm certainly still interested in attending on Friday. Count me in as a Roadie .... lol.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If you need a 4th for the charity event I'm in, that is, if you don't already have a group together.

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    gates_apcogates_apco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This sounds like fun but I'm not available this friday. Ummm, thinking about the Charity event.

gates_apco on
  • Options
    makostrifemakostrife Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've love to go if I wasn't working until close that night.

If anyone's in Richmond and by the Rogers Plus at Ironwood, bring the party to Boston Pizza and lets down a few drinks!!

makostrife on
  • Options
    Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't make it this Friday and I don't think I can make the tournament either, but another Friday definitely sounds cool.

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm booked this Friday, too :(

Definitely down for some Vancouver events, though! I'd love to do a LAN party or a Rock Band night (perhaps next week?)...
    ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Speaking of which, does anyone here know of any good LAN centres in the GVRD? Richmond has a couple of them but they don't suit me too well (one is outdated with the games, the other has too many smokers and looks more rundowned).

I managed to come across a few people who ran some LAN events around here. I met them the weekend before PAX at an anime convention (don't think anyone here is interested) and it was the first time I witnessed a LAN party/event. It was also the first time I tasted BAWLS and felt the power of it. I wonder if anyone knows of Fratch.

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Generals wrote: »
    Speaking of which, does anyone here know of any good LAN centres in the GVRD? Richmond has a couple of them but they don't suit me too well (one is outdated with the games, the other has too many smokers and looks more rundowned).

Gone are the days where there was a good LAN joint.

Rush and the one up the street from it on #3 Road are the only two I like, and I haven't been at either one of them in over a year.

When we do LAN games, we just unload at my place or somewhere else. I'd love to do a LAN party but I won't be available to do such for a little while as I am tired of hauling my rig all over the place. Maybe in the middle of the fall when I invest in a newer and more powerful laptop.

Richmond used to be the LAN gaming capitol of British Columbia. Now it has the eye sore known as #3 road....

If anyone wants to do a LAN group or get together let me know! Have Skyline, will travel (within reason =p )

makostrife on
  • Options
    Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I managed to come across a few people who ran some LAN events around here. I met them the weekend before PAX at an anime convention (don't think anyone here is interested) and it was the first time I witnessed a LAN party/event. It was also the first time I tasted BAWLS and felt the power of it. I wonder if anyone knows of Fratch.

There's some new place that just opened on Broadway & Main. I havent tried it, but it looks new and clean though.

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm definitely down for more Vancouver meet ups... Just not today.

Also I am still probably the only person on earth that has never played Rock Band.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Alright, since everyone is not available today (and my friend who original wanted me to go is sick and not going), I'm just gonna ditch Darby's tonight I think. I have another bbq to go to and playing rock band by myself on a stage doesn't seem like as much fun :P

We'll do it again though!

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    you mean like tonight?

[Edit] .. duh look up.

If i had more notice i would soo be in.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, I think they do it every week, so we could probably set something up over the next couple weeks. Worst case scenario, we could have a Rock Band party at my place or something. Maybe after RB2 comes out?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Well, I think they do it every week, so we could probably set something up over the next couple weeks. Worst case scenario, we could have a Rock Band party at my place or something. Maybe after RB2 comes out?

Oh noes! I'll have to learn the new songs!
    ^.^

PS. I'm honestly still liking the idea of a Rock Band night, regardless of location. I've been absolutely swamped this week starting at BCIT, so pardon me for being a dick and not helping to organize anything... Besides, Trotsky's got the reigns! :D

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I vote we aim for either the end of October or Mid November =p

With school starting the lot of us have our heads in books, or other things.

Besides, it'll give me some time to get my new Laptop.

makostrife on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    How often is everyone on the forums? Because for those of you that don't check in that often, I could set up a phone list and if we do end up planning an event, I could just send an announcement via text.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm usually online...but I have been reading less and less unless it's a thread I'm interested in (like this one :P)

I'll PM you my cell #

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm on and off.... I'll give you my cell # too...

parabola on
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm on a couple times a day.... but I'll also send you my cell # .... so either or.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'll PM you my number too.

But, wouldn't it be easier if we had each other on Facebook or even MSN? At least we can keep each other in a list. Not all of us may get the text.

I'll give you my other contacts as well.

makostrife on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Late Reply.

There's some new place that just opened on Broadway & Main. I havent tried it, but it looks new and clean though.

I've heard of the place. Apparently the place is called VS gaming arena and has PC gaming and Xboxes and wiis as well. I was introduced this by Fratch's team a week before PAX when I told them I couldn't search for any decent LAN places except for in Richmond or any LAN events in the GVRD.

For anyone who is interested, there is a website for LAN events in Vancouver called LAN Party Eh. Here it is:

http://www.lanpartyeh.com/

Generals on
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's an amazing URL.
    I'm usually on the forums every day. I'll keep an eye on this thread. ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay for you facebookers I am making a group.

Any ideas for a snappy name?

..okay too late. No Snappy name. Its called Pre/Post-PAX Vancouver.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

Hey I might have suggested something.

Couldn't you have called it Vancouver Paxites or PAXcouver?

Generals on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

Hey I might have suggested something.

Couldn't you have called it Vancouver Paxites or PAXcouver?

LOL those both sound like terrible terrible diseases!

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pretty fun at Darby's last night :)

And they gave out a free ticket for a pint of Keith's later for those who participated, which our table really appreciated.

I like tea biscuits on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait...who were you at Darby's? I was there too :D

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I saw you, but you were with your friends and I didn't want to impose.

Hubby and I got there around 9ish and our friends came a bit later. I was the girl in the pink shirt. My friends played ballroom blitz, and I played for Don't Fear the Reaper, and sang Buddy Holly (but I'm not sure if you were gone by then).

I like tea biscuits on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    hrm...I think I know who you are then. You should've come over, we don't bite (hard) :D We did take off pretty early though.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Noted, next time I'll wander over and introduce myself. That was my (and my husbands) first time playing with a group (we tried it in best buy once), it was super-fun!

I like tea biscuits on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I saw you, but you were with your friends and I didn't want to impose.

Hubby and I got there around 9ish and our friends came a bit later. I was the girl in the pink shirt. My friends played ballroom blitz, and I played for Don't Fear the Reaper, and sang Buddy Holly (but I'm not sure if you were gone by then).

OH SHIT. TROTSKY, i totally remember them from that night!
    they were sitting at the far table away from us. i think it was nearest to the window

delphinus on
  • Options
    BadlcukBadlcuk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WHO HAS MY BRA

;_;

Badlcuk on
    xox

Badlcuk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    you so silly.

p.s. - you're not getting it back, it's hanging from the ceiling in that bar in Victoria.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.