Options

A smelly problem.

skyboxskybox Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, to be brief, the last time my girlfriend and I fooled around, she had a bit of a smell coming from her nether regions. I feel I should tell her, as I would expect her to do the same if I had a bit of an odor. However, I'm not sure how to do it. I'm sure it's a delicate matter, but I can't even tell a woman when she has bad breath, let alone stinky cheese. How should I go about this without embarrassing her?

skybox on

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's not going to smell like candy, man. Was it seriously that bad, or are you just not used to a little girl-funk?

TL DR on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Take a shower together before you romp around. It builds foreplay, intimacy, and you're both nice and clean for the afterward activities in bed.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's not going to smell like candy, man. Was it seriously that bad, or are you just not used to a little girl-funk?

This wasn't my first rodeo, my friend. I'm fully aware of what it's supposed to smell like. This wasn't it.

skybox on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well if it was seriously overwhelming, there could be a problem. Of course, your issue is then "Baby, do you have a vaginal infection?" which is probably worse to deal with then what you came here with.

I'll just be going.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Was this your first time with her, or have you done this before and generally found things to be more pleasant?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Was this your first time with her, or have you done this before and generally found things to be more pleasant?

Oh no, first time with her. Everyone else has been fantastic.

skybox on
  • Options
    Desert_Eagle25Desert_Eagle25 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tell her to baby powder it down there. In fact, you should do so too.

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Don't tell her to do anything, is my advice. Just bring it up without making it sound like a big deal, and I'm sure she'll figure out something on her own.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Bad advice. Any kind of baby powder or talc powder can cause extra bacteria growth which can increase the smell and even cause a yeast and/or bladder infection.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Desert_Eagle25Desert_Eagle25 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »

Bad advice. Any kind of baby powder or talc powder can cause extra bacteria growth which can increase the smell and even cause a yeast and/or bladder infection.

Really? me and my girlfriend baby powder right after every shower and it keeps up fresh. Practice vs theories? Dunno, this is my advice from experience.

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008
    Well.. could be a yeast infection or worse, BUT.

Not all women small the same down there, and not all women have the same ... potency, either. A strong smell is not necessarily indicative of a problem.

I will also say that when a girl has an infection, you can definitely tell by the smell, and it's not mistakable for anything else. If you think this could be the case, her discharge will tell a tale as well. If it has an almost solid-seeming consistency, that's one sign of a potential problem. And uh, just so you know, if she has a yeast infection it is not impossible for you to get one as well, so be aware of that and consult a doctor or pharmacist if you need to.

If she does not shower every day, this could also cause a stronger smell.

edit: Also, truth: You should never put anything down there that isn't soap and water, and even then you should be careful of what soap you use and how much. Ph balance is a tricky business, and that region needs to maintain a very specific one, so anything that messes with it at all (talc included) should be avoided at all costs. Messing with that is a really good way to cause infections of various types.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yep. Basically, vagoos regulated themselves throughout our evolution without lye and brimstone, so let them be.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Hobbit0815Hobbit0815 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not all women smell the same, and some are smellier than others if they shower less often (say, every other day or so)... But if it's a PUNGENT smell, you should ask her about it and consult a doctor.

But, if it's just a little smell, something you're not used to, just have her clean down there beforehand.. Not a biggie. If it doesn't change, you'll just have to get used to it, and you have frequent sexual romps with her, it's bound to be unnoticable eventually.

Hobbit0815 on
  • Options
    Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    is she really hairy?

I seem to notice an increase in odor with the same increase in hair (not saying shaved chicks can't smell too just my field experience seems to link hair with stinkyness)

The shower idea sounds like the best. But yeah If im about to go downtown and its cheese/fish city I pull a wave off and inform them of the problem. It's nothing a fast shower cant fix. Just dont be a dick about it. I mean you would def want them to tell you right?

Limp moose on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Limp moose wrote: »
    is she really hairy?

I seem to notice an increase in odor with the same increase in hair

This.

Also, about confronting her about the problem, don't make a biggie. It's as simple as 'Hey sweety, do you think you could wash up before we make love? I will too, so we're both nice and fresh for it.. Maybe we can together?" Now that's sweet talkin. ;)

Hobbit0815 on
  • Options
    TokyoRaverTokyoRaver Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    skybox wrote: »

This wasn't my first rodeo, my friend. I'm fully aware of what it's supposed to smell like. This wasn't it.

2 things.

1. If it's strong but without a "punch" of pungency, it's probably normal, girls are different (and the oils from hair tend to exacerbate, like BO)

2. Barring a yeast infection, I'd say:

Bacterial Vaginosis. Girls can have it for a long-ass time, there's really not much in the way of symptoms, except FISHY BADNESS NO NO NO

TokyoRaver on
    logo_phpBB.gif
  • Options
    ThylacineThylacine Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, not sure where you live/how hot it is, but I've noticed things get a little more potent smelling if it's hotter or she's been exercising, etc. There's just not that much air down there :-P. Then again, that's a good reason for a shower.

Thylacine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, it certainly didn't smell fishy, so I think we can safely throw infection out of the window. Perhaps I just caught her at a bad time and she needed a shower. Not sure. It was a pretty huge turnoff, though.

Limp moose, you're absolutely right. If my wang was a little ripe, I'd certainly want her to tell me. It's just the fact that I would be responsible for bringing on a potentially awkward situation for her that I don't like. Oh well, I'll get over it and tell her.

Note: she does trim, but doesn't shave. I'm sure that had a role to play in it.

skybox on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If she does have just garden variety stinky-ness you might want to consider some of the fine Vaginal Cleansing Films manufactured by Apothecus Pharms.

http://www.apothecus.com/consumer.html

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This has happened to me many a time. I've learned that some girls just have a strong odor and some dont. I believe it mostly has to do with their cleaning habits. Some girls just take care of themselves down there better than others. My last gf had this problem and I just told her one day and she kind of took offense to it. My suggestion: if you really want to put your face in it just encourage a shower together w/o telling her your actual reasons behind it. That way shes clean and good to go, hell go down on her in the shower. It's a great experience my friend =].

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This has happened to me many a time. I've learned that some girls just have a strong odor and some dont. I believe it mostly has to do with their cleaning habits. Some girls just take care of themselves down there better than others. My last gf had this problem and I just told her one day and she kind of took offense to it. My suggestion: if you really want to put your face in it just encourage a shower together w/o telling her your actual reasons behind it. That way shes clean and good to go, hell go down on her in the shower. It's a great experience my friend =].

I did that once and embarrassed myself because I took in a good bit of water through my nose and coughed up a storm. What sucks is something like this is such a huge turn off. I mean, to be honest, I'm not sure I want to give it another try hoping it was just a one-time thing. I feel dumb to admit that, but it's true.

skybox on
  • Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh I dont blame you man because thats exactly what went through my head. Hell I even have a problem with girls who have too much hair. It'll come down to a point where you may just have to tell her that it is a problem for you. Theres nothin wrong with that.

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Smell and taste can vary a LOT from person to person. Hair and cleanliness has a sizable impact- I've found a decent solution is to be proactive- I keep myself neat, trimmed and clean at all times, so its no big deal to offer the same service to the girlfriend. A set of clippers (electric beard trimmers are amazing) and one sexy shower later, et voila, the perfect patch to picnic at ones leisure.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've shaved girls myself. They are surprisingly apt to let you trim down there if you offer to go down on them for a half hour afterward.

Limp moose on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've shaved girls myself. They are surprisingly apt to let you trim down there if you offer to go down on them for a half hour afterward.

It's all economic. But the going rate for a shave/trim is at most twenty minutes. Really, it's about value. Check back with her on Black Friday for deals.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I would be creeped out if a guy wanted to shave me.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I would be creeped out if a guy wanted to shave me.

Me too.. And scared. O.o

Hobbit0815 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »

Really? me and my girlfriend baby powder right after every shower and it keeps up fresh. Practice vs theories? Dunno, this is my advice from experience.

Then you're one of the lucky ones. Neither I nor any of the ladies I've been with have ever had a good experience with baby powder/talc. As well, my OB/GYNs over the years have told me to not use it, rather to use breathable cotton underoos.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Spacehog85Spacehog85 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Best thread ever.

Spacehog85 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    well it was me doing it or some stranger at a salon doing it. Go figure they picked the person that would do it for free in the comfort of their own home that they were already sleeping with...

really not a big deal. like letting a gf cut your hair.

Limp moose on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Like letting someone drag a razor over your genitals.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, some people pay for that.

Anyhow, hope you can figure this out, guy.

Magus` on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I dunno about you guys... but I shave my own genitals, and don't need anyone else to do it... lol... <__<

Hobbit0815 on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I remember way back hearing some great advice for this on some radio talk show.

The idea was to basically bring it up as a "I wonder if something is wrong that you should get checked out". That way you're telling her about the odour issue as well as giving her the heads up that something might be wrong and you don't have to worry about her taking offense to it as much.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nothing wrong with letting a significant other shave you, its all preference.

also something that i did not see brought up in here is diet. a female's ejaculate and odor can very greatly depending on their diet, just like a male's.

also if you bring it up, be very very gentle about it; it is embarrassing, she'll be horrified. i would follow the 'let's take a sexy shower time' suggestion.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO! NOT THIS!

Went down on a girl who had baby powdered down there, and yeah...no...

Jokerman on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »

D:

This thread is going places

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ilmmadilmmad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »

D:

This thread is going places

This requires the mix between D: and :winky: someone made.

ilmmad on
    Ilmmad.gif
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yup my gf has this problem I think. I almost certainly blame the hair, trouble is there is literally no way I can think of to raise the subject in a tactful way that wouldn't offend. She isnt really very open to the idea of shaving the hair off either, apparently guys who want that are "paedophiles". :P

Casual on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hahaha what the hell. i cannot stand having a big ole bush, it feels gross, it retains smell, and it looks angry.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png