As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey. Hey. Stop posting in here.

freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jonesand his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Well, you morons have managed to fill up an entire thread in four days, so we need a new one. Carry on.

So Fallout 3 is out now. People have a lot of questions about it. In fact, people keep asking the same questions over and over again. I figure I might as well answer them here, and direct people to this post.

But this thread isn't just about Fallout 3, even though it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. We also cater to the retro crowd of Fallout and Fallout 2. I'll split this into two parts, then.

Fallout Classic!
What is a Fallout, you ask? Only the best turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG released in the 1990s!

Fallout 1 follows the exploits of the Vault Dweller as he journeys through the wastes in search of a water chip for his Vault. Without it, everyone in the Vault will surely die. On the way, he encounters radscorpions, deathclaws, gigantic rats, hideously mutated mutants, ghouls, super mutants and, arguably the most horrible of all, the dreaded Iguana on a Stick. Hint: It's not made out of Iguana.

Fallout 2 begins 80 years after the end of the original Fallout, and a direct descendant of the original Vault Dweller heads out into the wastes to save his village once again.

"But how do I get this wonderful game?" you ask.

There are a couple of ways. First, you can probably find a box verson on Amazon or eBay or something. Second, www.gog.com has 1 & 2 for the low, low price of $6 each. GameTap has Fallout 1 on its free list, and Fallout 2 is on the paid subscription plan. Fallout Tactics is also coming soon. The caveat with GameTap is that you can't install mods, no matter how hard you might want to. If you prefer to play an unmodded experience, then by all means go get it today. *Note: only in North America. Sorry Euroguys.

The Fallout Tutorial!
If you're brand new to Fallout, check here first. This will get you on your feet.
First, you can right-click on your "weapon" button to change modes. The one with a little target on it means you are now in "called shot" mode. You can aim for specific body parts, and if you knock them hard enough it'll cripple the enemy. Aim for the eyes, and their PE goes down as well as their chance of hitting you. The arms, they'll drop their weapons. Legs, they can't move as fast (like, one or two tiles per turn). If you make a critical shot to the groin, they'll fall over and lie prone for a turn, giving you a 95% hit chance on the entire body (except maybe eyes, depending on your skill). If you nail them in the head, human enemies will get knocked unconscious, but creatures (such as radscorpions) just get mad. Burst mode, available on some weapon models, means you fire a bunch of ammo at once. Use it at close range and it will decimate enemies. Longer range means more bullets will miss and it's not as effective. Also, your NPCs can and will do this while you're close and kill you or your friends, so be wary of giving NPCs SMGs. Third mode is reload, pretty self-explanatory.

The buttons that control turn-based combat are on the right side of the interface. "Turn" ends your turn, and "CMBT" ends combat. Pretty simple, right? You can speed this up by using hotkeys, spacebar for Turn and Enter for combat.

There are a couple of different cursor modes you can cycle through by right-clicking. The red hexagon moves your character to that location. In combat, the number inside the red shape is how many AP you spend moving there. The crosshair is to attack enemies, and the number is your hit chance %. The arrow lets you interact with things and people, and if you click on something and hold the button and then move your mouse, you get additional options. The Pip-Boy icon lets you use skills, like Steal or Repair. The bag lets you use an inventory item on or with the selected item. I think there's an eye icon to examine the person or thing. There might be one or two more that are self-explanatory. In Fallout 2, there's a hand icon when you're next to an NPC to push them out of the way. Additionally, if you get stuck by a non-moving member of your party in Fallout 1, try talking to them about changing tactics and then change the follow distance to close and move around a little.

After you get an NPC, you're going to want to manage their inventory, changing weapons and giving them ammo. This is easy in Fallout 2, but not in Fallout 1. To put stuff in, just barter with them, but to take stuff out you have to steal it. Don't worry about your steal skill, they won't catch you no matter how bad you are at it and there's no other way to get equipment out. You can also plant stuff on them from this screen, but it's not as good as barter because I don't think they take weight into consideration when you barter things to them. Some of these problems might be addressed by the Fallout companion mod, but I haven't used it so I can't comment.

There are two little red buttons on your interface. One of them opens the Skilldex, where you can use your various skills like sneak, first aid, doctor, etc., and the other one is less obvious. This switches between your active hands. There are two places in your inventory where you can equip items, your left and your right hand. Put a weapon in one and a tool or something harmless in the other, and when someone asks you to holster your weapon (in town, for example), just hit that little red button and nobody's angry anymore. What's useful about this feature is that you can use it in battle without using AP, so if you want to use a sniper rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range, just put them in different hands and switch back and forth as needed.

Every action in battle per turn takes a certain number of Action Points (referenced above). Moving, firing, accessing your inventory, only so much can be done per turn, and this is determined by your AP. Certain perks and traits can change the amount used, but the number you start with is determined by your AGI. The number of action points remaining in your turn is denoted by the green lights above your weapon button. Ten lights, ten AP left. Note that it is possible to go over 10 AP, the lights just won't decrease until you're under 10.

If you find yourself stuck somewhere and everything is closed, it's dark and you just need time to pass, hit Z. It'll bring up your alarm clock and you can rest for however long you want.

That's all I can think of. If anybody has any more questions I'll answer them and put them in here for future reference. Hope it helps.

Fallout Patches

Even though a lot of us might not like the NMA guys, they know their Fallout mods and their patches fix bugs and things that should have been in the game in the first place. Some people like their games buggy, I like my game fixed. If you prefer the classic experience, you can skip these. I recommend it, personally.
  1. Fallout Children Patch (for GOG users / 1.2 European version)
  2. Fallout 1.2 Patch (optional if you have GOG, I think)
  3. Fallout 1.3.4 Patch
  4. Fallout Resolution Patch
  5. Fallout companion patch
  6. Fallout engine tweaks

Here's all of the mods in a single, easy pack: Fallout Patches Download *Note, this pack doesn't include the children patch. Installing all of these together shouldn't cause issues, but if you have some, I'll investigate a fix and put a warning in here.

Fallout 2 list:
  1. Children Patch (1.2/GOG versions)
  2. Unofficial Patch w/Installer
  3. Resolution Patch
  4. Fallout 2 Restoration Project (with installer)

Fallout 3: The New Fallout. Same great Fallout taste, brand new formula!

So, wait, what is Fallout 3?
Okay, you've obviously been living under a rock for the past couple of years.

Fallout 3 is a post-apocalyptic hybrid of a turn-based RPG and an FPS. Your character grows up in one of the last unopened Vaults - which are basically big underground self-sustaining fallout shelters - living peacefully with your father. One day, he up and leaves the Vault (which is unheard-of, as nobody leaves the Vault, ever, period). Forced out by the maniacal Overseer, who is convinced that both you and your father want to destroy the Vault's stability, you get thrust into the harsh, unforgiving reality of the Capital Wasteland. This is basically the area in and around Washington, D.C. (which is not the same place as Washington state, the latter being on the west coast and the former being on the east coast, for you eurotrash out there reading this) and includes some real-life places such as Olney, Bethesda, Maryland, Fairfax, VA, Falls Church, etc, etc. Of course, the scale has been compressed and the landscape is unrecognizable, but it's still neat seeing all these places in-game that you can also see on a map.

I'll let wiki handle the basics of gameplay and whatnot.
Gameplay

The game features both first-person and third-person perspectives and the player can change to either perspective during gameplay. Main character creation occurs as the player experiences the character's childhood. As a child in the Vault, the character receives a book titled "You're SPECIAL," whereupon the player can set the character's seven primary aptitudes. The character receives weapons training and a PIP-Boy 3000 later on during childhood, and the player's performance in various tests determines the rest of the attributes. Additionally, several quests inside the Vault influence the player character's relationship with his or her father. Skills and Perks are similar to those in previous games: the player chooses three Tag Skills out of a total of 14 to be the character's specialties. The maximum level the player can achieve is level 20. The Traits from the previous Fallout installments, slightly modified, were combined with Perks in Fallout 3, and the player can choose a new Perk each time after gaining a level.
An example of VATS in action

The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or VATS, play an important part in the fighting phases of the game. While using VATS, real-time combat is paused creating a combat system that the Bethesda developers have described as a hybrid between turn-based and real-time combat. Various actions cost action points, limiting the actions of each combatant during a turn, and both the player and enemies can target specific body areas for attacks to inflict specific injuries. The game features a new health and radiation system as well. The player can measure an object's radioactivity and gauge the effect it will have on the character.

Another game mechanic is that firearms wear out over time: as a weapon degenerates, its rate of fire slows and it loses accuracy. However, worn out firearms can be used to repair a similar weapon, or to make more reliable and powerful weapons. Weapon schematics can also be found and used to create various devices such as the Rock-it Launcher, created by combining a leaf blower and a wood chipper, that can fire various items such as lunchboxes and stuffed animals, or the Clever Shrapnel Bomb, made out of a Vault-Tec lunchbox and bottlecaps. Along with equipping various weapons, the player can also utilize different armors and clothing that may have effects that can alter various skills. For example, a pair of mechanic's coveralls may boost the player's repair skill while it is worn. Armor and clothing come in two main parts for the head and body, allowing a player to wear different combinations of hats and armor. Also, a player's inventory has a specified weight limit, preventing a player from carrying too many items. Some items like weapon ammo have no weight, due to the developer not wishing to bog down inventory management.

The player can have a maximum party of three, consisting of himself/herself, Dogmeat, and a single NPC. Dogmeat can be killed during the game if the player misuses him or places him in a severely dangerous situation and he cannot be replaced. It is possible to not encounter Dogmeat depending on how the game is played. Only one NPC can travel with the player at any time, and in order to get another NPC to travel, the first one must be dismissed by the player.

The karma system is an important feature in the gameplay. The player's actions, including conversation and combat choices affect the player's status in the game world; a player who makes good choices will be received more positively by NPCs, and a player that makes bad choices will have the opposite reaction. Extremes of karma also have other effects: a high karma leads to the player being attacked by bounty hunters, and for random NPCs to give the player gifts in thanks of their service. Crimes can also be committed by a player, and whichever faction or group that is harmed by a crime will be fully aware of the player's action. Other factions that were not affected by the crime will not be aware of it, and since a town is usually its own faction, news of a crime committed in one town will not spread to another. Factions can range in size and boundaries, however, and may not be restricted to a single area. The game world itself is similar in size to that of Oblivion, which has a 16 square mile game world.
Hacking!
When you enter the Hacking minigame, you'll get a screen filled with words and random characters. The goal is to guess the correct word, and it plays out like a game of Mastermind. Pick a word, and the system will tell you how many letters in that word are in the same place as the target word. For instance, if you pick "Meaning" and the word is "Fucking" (for example), you would get 3/7 correct for the "ing" part. There are hidden character sets, delinated by {} <> () on a single line in that order, but there may be characters in between them like {$#$#&%}. Click on one of these when the whole sequence is highlighted and you'll get more password guesses or a dud will be removed from the screen. If you get down to one attempt left and there are no hidden character sequences, and you're not sure you can guess correctly, just cancel out with B and try again. You get a fresh puzzle, but you also get all your guesses back.

Holstering and the Pip-Boy Light!
To holster your weapon, hold down reload (X on 360, R on PC, [] on PS3). To turn on the light on your Pip-Boy 3000, hold down the Pip-Boy button (B on 360, Tab on PC, probably O on PS3).

Hotkeys and You!
To set a hotkey for an item in your inventory, on PC press a number key and then click on the item. On console, hold down RB or R1 and hit a direction on your d-pad while the item is selected. Whoever told me you don't need to hold down RB, you're a dirty liar.

In-Game frequently asked questions

Housing
There is a very easy way to get a house early in the game. Just go to Megaton, and either defuse or detonate the bomb. You'll need an Explosives skill of at least 25 to disarm the bomb, and you don't need anything (I think) to blow it up. The Sheriff in Megaton will give you a key and a deed to a house there, or Burke will give you an apartment in Tenpenny Tower. If the Sheriff is dead, his son will give you the key and deed. If Burke is dead, there's no way to get a reward for blowing up Megaton. The game tells you this with a pop-up dialog box.
Where the Fuck is the Family?!
Go to the metro station that Evan sends you to. Talk to the ghoul, and he tells you they're somewhere east, or you can take the tunnel to get farther into their compound. If you go overland, you can save a hostage and fight some super mutants near a burned-out church. If you go underground, there are two Mirelurks (crab people) waiting for you. I prefer the Mirelurks, as you can just drop a bottlecap mine in front of each one and they go down in one hit. There are a couple sitting around in the Super-Duper Mart. After you get through the underground tunnels, you'll come up in another part of the subway. This place is FULL of traps, proximity mines and pressure plates and tripwires galore. Take it slow, save before you attempt it, and you'll be OK. Just pay attention.
Where's Dogmeat?
First, talk to one of the caravans that passes through Megaton, and get them to talk about the Canterbury Commons. Head up to the Meresti train station, directly east of the Metro station with the ghouls that want Sugar Bombs, and put your marker on Canterbury Commons. Go there in a straight line, and you'll stumble across the Scrapyard. Dogmeat is here, defending himself against three raiders. Kill them and he's yours.
How do I get into Rivet City? There's no bridge!

Okay, this isn't so frequently asked and it's not a spoiler, but I had trouble with it the first time I went. Climb up that building with the stairs on it that appear to lead nowhere, and at the top (next to the poor guy who needs water) there's an intercom. Click it, and Harkness will send the bridge over for you.

How do I get into the broken-off bow in Rivet City?
There's an entrance underwater to the left of that locked door. Go through it, through a couple more underwater rooms, and you should come up into air. Don't forget to hit the switch to unlock the door, and go see Pinkerton. WARNING: He does not want to be found. His place is booby-trapped to hell and back. Move slow and pay attention.
List of Bobbleheads, via Vault wiki
SPECIAL - increases each stat by one
* Strength - Megaton - Lucas Simms' House. On desk in the second most bedroom on the second floor.
* Perception - Republic of Dave - Museum of Dave
* Endurance - Deathclaw Sanctuary - Deathclaw Sanctuary Entrance
* Charisma - Vault 108 - Cloning Lab
* Intelligence - Rivet City - Science Lab. On one of the desks in the center of the lab.
* Agility - Greener Pastures Disposal - Office
* Luck - Arlington Cemetery North - Arlington House

Skills

will increase skill stat by 10 points.

* Barter - Evergreen Mills - Market Bazaar - In a dark cave-nook, in the corner of the room to the right of Smiling Jack (trader). Jump over the work bench, it's on the right-most shelves.
* Big Guns - Fort Constantine - CO Quarters
* Energy Weapons - Raven Rock - Sector 2B
* Explosives - WKML Broadcast Station - Sealed Cistern
* Lockpick - Bethesda Ruins - Bethesda Offices East on a desk with an active lamp.
* Medicine - Vault 101 - Dad's desk. It can be obtained before you take your G.O.A.T., during your escape from the vault or during your brief (optional) return to Vault 101.
* Melee Weapons - Dunwich Building - Virulent Underchamber
* Repair - Arefu - Evan King's House
* Science - Vault 106 - Living Quarters
* Small Guns - National Guard Depot - National Guard Armory: sitting on a shelf in the sealed storage room in the basement.
* Sneak - Yao Guai Tunnels - Yao Guai Den
* Speech - Paradise Falls - Eulogy's pad
* Unarmed - Rockopolis

Huge gigantic awesome map with lots and lots of locations - if not all of them - filled in. Spoilers, obviously, for people who like to explore on their own.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//d/d6/Wastelandmap.png

I'll update this with other questions I see getting asked a whole lot, at least the ones I know the answers to. ;)

freakish light on

• Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hoorah! After the brand new formula put, side effects include pee glowing.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    New thread, same content.

Spoilers for mid-game
    MY FATHER! THOSE BASTARDS! THAT'S LIKE KILLING 10 DOGMEATS!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    da newbda newb New York, New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Instead of trying to do as much with one character, I think I will try to finish the main quest and come back with a different character. That way, I can maximize play styles without getting sick of the game. I am considering a run in which I behave as peacefully as possible. I wonder how many enemies I can run past without dying?

da newb on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    New thread, same content.

Spoilers for mid-game
    MY FATHER! THOSE BASTARDS! THAT'S LIKE KILLING 10 DOGMEATS!

You won't be disappointed with how the whole President thing works out.

freakish light on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn we just seem to burn through these thread don't we?

So I'm at level 9 right now I haven't gone for GNR and the main story and instead mostly been exploring the wastes. Is it time to grow some balls and head into downtown or mess around more in order to steamroll the opposition?

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    How the fuck do I get into the
    GNR Building Plaza?

I can't figure it out.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, the Rock-it Launcher...

Killing guys by decapitating them with dictionaries? Fucking awesome!

s3rial one on
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just beat the game this morning before class (okay, so I was a few minutes late, but hell if I was going to quit during the final portions)...
    I would have liked to see a more detailed "Megaton went on to blah, blah, blah" kind of thing like the old games had, but other than that, not too bad. I chose to go down like my father before me, so that was actually a pretty cool ending and wrapped everything up nicely for the character. But really, they were far too vague about the fate of the Wasteland. That's alright - just gives me more reason to stick around in the world and collect fingers for the Regulators.

Galielmus on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How the fuck do I get into the
    GNR Building Plaza?

I can't figure it out.

I think turn left out of the subway exit. You should see a burned-out building with super mutants in it, and then
    some Brotherhood of Steel soldiers come out. Talk to Lyons and she'll escort you to GNR.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    manaleak34 wrote: »
    Damn we just seem to burn through these thread don't we?

So I'm at level 9 right now I haven't gone for GNR and the main story and instead mostly been exploring the wastes. Is it time to grow some balls and head into downtown or mess around more in order to steamroll the opposition?

Downtown isn't really that hard if you go through the subways it tells you tell. There was one point where I ran into like 10 supermutants and stood no chance fighting them. Thankfully, there are a lot of Sneakboys in one area. You can use those or just run past them. At level 9 you could probably take them out though. GO FOR IT!

On a different note, I find it funny that some enemies will follow you to the ends of the earth on land, but if you pass through a door that requires a load, you are safe. I understand why this is. Also, another AI related thing: why is everything so hell bent on killing you? There are no options for hostiles between fight you or limp away severely wounded. I wish I could talk to more raiders, but sadly I need to tear them limp from limp with my bullets.

da newb on
  • Options
    JimpyJimpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Since I finished the storyline, I think for the next play throughs I will just...
    (Story Spoilers)
    ...stop right when I find my father, that way he doesn't die and I don't have to deal with too much of the Enclave.

Jimpy on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, Fallout 3 is all kinds of fantastic.

LewieP on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    To Kita, I find melee is pretty bad in this game, although in saying that things like the ripper are really insane. That thing is like a head exploding monster in VATS for some reason.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RoxxersboxxersRoxxersboxxers Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sorry if this is a repeat question, but (spoilered just in case)
    Is there a way to join the Brotherhood of Steel or Outcasts?

Roxxersboxxers on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just found lincoln's rifle, I'm in love with this thing, and I've been buying .44 ammo everytime I see it for sale since the start of the game, so I got over 200 rounds, mmmmmm

also; anyone seen a crutch lying around anywhere? I found everything else for the rail spike gun, but can't locate a damned crutch

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't believe you guys covered 40 pages since last night, that's gross, shame on you.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jimpy wrote: »
    Since I finished the storyline, I think for the next play throughs I will just...
    (Story Spoilers)
    ...stop right when I find my father, that way he doesn't die and I don't have to deal with too much of the Enclave.
    No power armor training then, unless there's a way to get it that I'm unaware of. Not too big of a loss, though, as once you have Power Armor you kind of win.

Edit: Foomy, check out empty vaults and anywhere with a "classroom" type setting. Crutches litter classrooms I've noticed, for some reason. Bethesda must have gotten hurt a lot as school children.

Galielmus on
  • Options
    frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh no, I think I'm close to the end.
    I just saved my Dad and started working on Project Purity.

How close am I?

frank as fuck on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There are crutches in the medical facilities (if you feel like stealing them) or from the hospital (which is somewhere downtown, I forget precisely where).

Aegeri on
  • Options
    RoxxersboxxersRoxxersboxxers Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Foomy wrote: »
    Just found lincoln's rifle, I'm in love with this thing, and I've been buying .44 ammo everytime I see it for sale since the start of the game, so I got over 200 rounds, mmmmmm

also; anyone seen a crutch lying around anywhere? I found everything else for the rail spike gun, but can't locate a damned crutch
    I cannot find that thing for the life of me. Isn't it in the Museum of History?

Check raider bases and such. I found few in the
    RobCo Facility down near Tenpenny Tower
    , if that helps

Roxxersboxxers on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

How close am I?

There are still a couple of twists and turns left.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So this is, what, the fifth thread?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Now I really want to go buy Fallout 1 and 2. I think I will do that soon. Not yet though. I need to play this game before buying other ones.

da newb on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would just like to remind people how absurdly good the Scrounger perk is.

The amount of ammo you come across is god damn ridiculous. You'll have ammo in every orifice of your being. Even if you think you don't have ammo issues, you can sell this shit easily.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You have ridiculous amounts of ammunition anyway. I'm carrying 530lbs of it.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

How close am I?

There are still a couple of twists and turns left.

You have brought me such joy.

frank as fuck on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

I always felt like I had ammo issues when I was playing.

But what do you mean by 530lbs of ammo? None of it has any weight.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    KungFu wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

I always felt like I had ammo issues when I was playing.

But what do you mean by 530lbs of ammo? None of it has any weight.

He's got so much weightless ammo, it weighs 530lbs.... that's a LOT of ammo.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I worked it out using the weight from the previous games and then doing some rough maths.

And yes, I'm toting around about 530lbs worth of ammunition alone.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm not even sure how you'd sell it. I don't sell ammo at all and Moira and the caravans are often tapped (at which point I convert my spare stuff into repairs). I don't know how selling ammo would make that any better.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    da newb wrote: »
    Now I really want to go buy Fallout 1 and 2. I think I will do that soon. Not yet though. I need to play this game before buying other ones.

Played em before?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Info for fellow powergamers:

(no plot spoilers, just game mechanics)
    There are 24-26 skill books per each skill giving an average of 50 skill points for free if you take comprehension, which you most definitely should. You also get another 10 points for free in every skill via bobbleheads, which means you can gain a minimum of +58 in every skill, making skill gains from perks superfluous. So take perks with awesome abilities, like animal friend and mysterious stranger.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone know what the satcomm arrays are for?

Also, I launched an ICBM, but I don't know what it did :P

MrIamMe on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wish I had the abundant ammo problem you guys do.

I made it up to about level 6, mostly doing sidequests. I was always out of ammo. My character had nothing for combat skills, either, so I started over, using the [strike]trash cannon[/strike] Rock-it Launcher instead, and I'm doing a fair bit better this time.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the satcomm arrays are for?

Also, I launched an ICBM, but I don't know what it did :P

Took out some unfortunate Chinese vault dweller.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Played em before?

Nope. I was but a youngster when they came out. I've been playing all kinds of old stuff. Working my way through Deus Ex at the moment.

da newb on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE
    God I <3 Liberty Prime. It was literally the epitome of video game history. If video gaming died tomarrow I'd be happy knowing it atleast achieved liberty prime before it died

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Speaking about radio:
    I activavted a broadcast tower and got a new station - which I don't listen to because it's a goddamn terrifying zombie-babbling station. Any explanation for that?

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Played em before?

Nope. I was but a youngster when they came out. I've been playing all kinds of old stuff. Working my way through Deus Ex at the moment.

Cool stuff. Play em in order and remember to save in multiple slots.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Speaking about radio:
    I activavted a broadcast tower and got a new station - which I don't listen to because it's a goddamn terrifying zombie-babbling station. Any explanation for that?
    yeah is there any point to those broadcast stations across the wastes that you activate?

Buttcleft on
This discussion has been closed.