As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

POKESHIRE DAY 7: Pale Guardians (The End!)

LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Critical Failures
POKEMON - Pokéshire version!

The story begins in the humble town of Pokéshire, a small town hidden away in the wilds of Kanto, unknown and un-noticed to kanto's human denizens. This utopia of Pokémon welcomes wild creatures far and wide, giving them a safe haven from trainers and poachers. It is a peaceful town and has seen no false conflict other than the yearly pokefestival, where pokemon can test there mettle in a variety of challenges.

But this pokéfestival went horribly wrong, it's gentle leader, Mew was found dead in his abode - a gash running across his side and the wall smeared with his blood into the letter, "R".

Team Rocket had struck! Well more specifically, Team Rocket's forward scout pokémon had discovered the small abode and wished to bring down the infastructure from the inside, causing chaos in the town to send the pokémon fleeing in all directions, right into the trap set by their human trainers. They found the town and infiltrated their ranks, acting as kind denizens and unsuspecting strangers who had become such a great part of their society that they were held with the same respect as some of the elders.

With Pokéshire's leader struck dead, it has fallen to it's denizens to find the evil spy Pokémon among their ranks and put a stop to them - through any means necessary. A council was taken amongst some of the pokémon of the village, the fully evolved and the wisened. It is a hastily assembled council, and between them they must decide who must live, and who must die to put a stop to the madness.

Roles:

Team Rocket Pokémon:
Out to spread destruction to send the mass populous fleeing into their masters waiting pokéballs, they are the devious evil side in this game.

Team Rocket Convert:
A Pokémon who discovers the killing of Mew and the perpetrator (one of the rocketeers), he/she through some reason decides to keep this information secret and cause chaos, in hopes of becoming one of Giovanni's prized and spoiled Pokémon, free to live out his/her days in relative comfort. He knows the identity of one of the Rocketeer's -THE ROCKETEER'S DON'T KNOW WHO THE CONVERT IS-. He/she can make him/herself known to the rocketeers, but any villager can do this in an attempt to infiltrate the evil ones' ranks.

Inheritor of Mew's pendant:
On the day of the festival, Mew suspected something ill was afoot and trusted his prized pendant to one of the villagers, endowing that Pokémon with subtle supernatural abilities. This Pokémon is torn between tapping into the pendant's power to peer into the cosmose and decipher whether a Pokémon is good or evil, or use that power to kill someone of his/her choosing.

Friend of Blissey:
This Pokémon is quite well respected in the village, and can enlist the aid of the village's doctor - Blissey and her team of Chanseys, to be on standby to protect a Pokémon from being killed through the medium of healing, he/she does this in secret in order to protect his/her identity from the killers.

The mechanics are such (and largely stolen from Aroduc - thanks go to him for the template):

The first night, the team rocket pokemon chooses two other players to be the fellow Team Rocketeers. Then from the second night onwards, the three pokemon choose together whom to kill each night (the person they choose dies, and is branded with an 'R' across their chest).

Every night the inheritor of Mew's pendant can pick one of the following each night:
a) Picks one pokémon to use the pendant on - They are then told whether the Pokémon is a normal villager or not. There is no way to prove that you are definatively the holder of the pendant, but you can make your knowledge known to the village if you wish.
b) Tap into the pendants power - The Pokémon can alternatively tap into the supernatural to kill one of the villagers of his/her choosing. He/she can use this on someone he/she suspects (or merely cause chaos if your into that kind of drama).

Every night the friend of Blissey can choose to enlist the aid of the medic Pokémon to watch over the house of a Pokémon of his or her choosing, they hold the egg of life which canbe used to revive the victim if used in time. Only one Pokémon can be watched over per night and once the egg is used it runs out and no further protective action be done by the friend of Blissey. This vial can be used to protect from both a killing by the villagers or by the Rocketeers. If the death is caused by the villagers, they witness Blissey's healing arts to revive the Pokémon. If the death is by the Rocketeers then they witness the revival and kill another random bystander out of spite (randomly generated by myself).

Divinations and infections, as well as kill decision are communicated via PM with the moderator.

At dawn, the village will awake to find that one villager has been murdered by the Rocketeers. You are all told who this is.

The Village then votes on a player to kill. This may be anyone - pendant holder, rocketeer, innocent villager - indeed, the game hinges on the players not being certain who is who. Voting works via absolute majority. The village must stake one player each day. If voting is deadlocked in some way, players are encouraged to break the deadlock somehow. The village will then be told if this person is a villager or a rocketeer (a red light will engulf the Pokémon as the corpse is returned to it's pokéball far far away). The pendant holder's death is reported as a villager.

The Villagers and Pendant holder win if they kill the Rocketeers.

The Rocketeers win if they kill enough of the council - players (through direct murder and misdirecting the lynch mob) to reduce their numbers to equal with the Rocketeers.

Additional notes:

If you are playing, you may post any discussion in the thread. There are no restrictions on speech for the living - anyone and everyone may freely claim to be the pendant holder, the friend of Blissey, a Villager, or even a Rocketeer (if you want), make predictions, threats, accusations, tell blatant lies, subtle lies, half-truths, misleading truths and even unvarnished honest truths.

You may also communicate over PM, backtalking and such are encouraged!

Votes are down by liming the name of the person you wish to vote to kill. If you wish to change your vote, don't edit the existing post, make a new one salmoning the previous choice and liming the new choice. The final choice is counted.

When you are voting, you can only vote one person, no multiple posts over various pages, I will find and kill you. You may also not vote for yourself, nor can you make contingency votes.

Once you are dead, you become a Ghost pokémon (gastly, actually) with no memory of your previous life, you may not take any further part in the game and are asked not to reveal any information you may have divined.

This is not a chat thread! Banter is encouraged but nothing offtopic, people who aren't participating may make comments from the sidelines, but nothing serious please.

MORTAL KOMBATANTS:

Furu, Lucario, dpmfb448.png
SeafoodSoup, Charmeleon, dpmfa005.png
SirToons, Vaporeon, vaporeon.png
DarkPrimus, Machamp, 068.png
Diablo Fett, Grovyle, 253.png
FierceDiety666, Snorlax, 143.png
Scrumtrulescent, Houndoom, emespr229.png
Shanba, Dragonair, Dragonair1.png
Jdarksun, Entei, dpmfa244.png

DEAD POKEMON INNOCENT:
FarseerBaradas, Darkrai, 491.png
Eliot Dubois, Hitmontop, anime237-1.jpg
SirToasty, Magneton, dpmfa082.png
Thorgot, Mr. Mime, image092.gif
Project37, Dusclops, 148.gif
<3, Lapras, 131-m.png
blankspace247, Tyranittar, 248-m.png
Zephos, Whiscash, pkrs128.gif

DEAD ROCKETEERS:
Shamus, Slowking, dpmfa080.png3rdrocket, Wobbuffet, wangbuffet-1.jpg (note: convert)
Neofly, Meowth, cuteMeowth.gif

DAY 1:

It was all quite in Pokeshire, the villagers were in the neighbouring forest at the carnival, celebrating that years festival, Mew had given a speech and was retiring to his quarters, as he wandered the windswept streets he reflected on the peaceful state of being that they lived. No discrimination, no conflict, just a relaxing lifestyle and a place to stay.

He rounded the corner and went down a sidestreet to hasten his trip to his house, he felt something was odd - things were too quiet. He was trying to think about it when the answer hit him in the face, literally, several times with a skullbash. Mews skull cracked as it gave way to the pressure and he was left barely conscious on the floor, the walls of the alley now splattered with his blood. The last thing he thought of was how the peaceful harmony had been broken as the second attack claimed his life.

Later that afternoon, the Pokemon return and stumble upon the body.

(A sidenote, SORRY I'M LATE D:)

NOW ROLEPLAY ON!

LightReaper on

• FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    491.pngDear god!

Now who here can play chess at my level?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    dpmfa229.pngOh shits! Mew is dead.

I can breath fire too. And bite you. And apparently I'm from hell.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • NeoflyNeofly Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    cuteMeowth.gifOh my.

Mew...

Neofly on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    dpmfb448.pngThis is bad. Very, very bad. What are we going to do without Mew?

Furu on
  • 3rdrocket3rdrocket Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    wangbuffet-1.jpgIm a psychic type but... I didnt see this coming...

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

dpmfa229.pngNothing. This festival is a celebration of this town. How can we celebrate when mew is dead?

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    491.pngYou're all getting off topic, sure, this is a tragedy, but I need a new chess partner.

Think how much this has harmed ME.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

dpmfa229.pngNothing. This festival is a celebration of this town. How can we celebrate when mew is dead?

cuteMeowth.gifMew wouldn't want us to cancel the celebration.

I guess we have to carry on.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    491.pngYou're all getting off topic, sure, this is a tragedy, but I need a new chess partner.

Think how much this has harmed ME.

dpmfa229.png

Houndour launches a flamethrower in Darkrai's direction.

How can you think about chess at a time like this?

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:
    Furu wrote:

wangbuffet-1.jpgHow the hell am I suppossed to enjoy a candy apple with Mew's corpse 10 feet away?

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:
    Neofly wrote:
    Furu wrote:

wangbuffet-1.jpgHow the hell am I suppossed to enjoy a candy apple with Mew's corpse 10 feet away?

491.pngLike this!

Bites candied apple.

By the way, shouldn't one of you peasants start cleaning up the body?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:
    Neofly wrote:
    Furu wrote:

dpmfa229.pngWE'd obviously have to burn the body or something. I can't bear the thought of his corpse rotting in the ground.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:
    Neofly wrote:
    Furu wrote:

cuteMeowth.gifThen my second guess is that the first thing should be the burial...

We already have all the celebration prepared. Let's make it a burial. We all can give speeches and all.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    491.pngExcellent idea!

Now, one of you serfs move the body.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    491.pngExcellent idea!

dpmfa229.pngWhy don't you do it?

Oh. right. The ghost thing.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    491.pngExcellent idea!

wangbuffet-1.jpgSomeone oughta surf you.

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    jumpingMeowth.gifI will do it. You should be ashamed, pokeguys.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    cuteMeowth.gifUh, so does somebody here have Dig TM?

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    3rdrocket wrote:
    491.pngExcellent idea!

wangbuffet-1.jpgSomeone oughta surf you.

dpmfa229.pngWell, our water pokemon seems to have been captured.

What will we do about the festival? We can't turn something so joyful into something so sad. Mew should be buried AFTER the festival.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:
    jumpingMeowth.gifI will do it. You should be ashamed, pokeguys.
    wangbuffet-1.jpgIll help. Umm. Which half of the skull do you want?

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngMew did.

But maybe I can scare the ground into forming a hole, should I give it a shot?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngMew did.
    wangbuffet-1.jpg:(

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngMew did.

dpmfa229.pngDoes uh...Does anyone know confusion? We could just move him like that. Or I could cremate him.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    cuteMeowth.gifOh my.

His head is...oh god.

We don't have any professional undertaker here. We cannot have Mew lying around like this. We will have to bury him immediatly, or at least put him into a closed coffin as soon as possible.

It breaks my heart to see him like that. Snif.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    491.pngSo, is that a "no" on scaring the ground into making a hole?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    dpmfa005.pngFriends, I think we should be asking who has done this crime.

Soup on
    edited October 2006

cuteMeowth.gifWill it be a coffin sized hole, sweetie?

Give it a try on the main plaza.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    wangbuffet-1.jpgIt couldnt have been humans could it?

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    dpmfa080.pngMew..why Mew not moving? Why head broken?

Shamus on
    edited October 2006
    dpmfa229.png

I think we should give mew a proper burial first. Show some respect.

Come on, let me burn him.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngHmm, I'm not seeing any change, are you?

Maybe I should just hypnotise you all so you think I made the hole.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngHmm, I'm not seeing any change, are you?

Maybe I should just hypnotise you all so you think I made the hole.

cuteMeowth.gifCan...can you do that?

D:

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    Shamus wrote:

dpmfa229.png

Ah! Slowbro. Use confusion and move mew's body somewhere that's not right in front of me. Like into a fire.[/img]

Scrumtrulescent on
  • LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((Oh god Shamus, you have no fucking idea how hard I laughed at that))

LightReaper on
    edited October 2006
    cuteMeowth.gifDoes anybody know how Mew wanted hisbody to be disposed of?

I mean, if we just burn him, and he wanted to be buried, well, it would be disrepectful.

Neofly on
    edited October 2006
    Shamus wrote:
    wangbuffet-1.jpgI know this is tragic and everything but I really wanted to try this out sometime. Hey Slowbro! What time is it?

3rdrocket on
    civilwarTR.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

I mean, if we just burn him, and he wanted to be buried, well, it would be disrepectful.

491.pngIt's not like he'll know anyway

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

dpmfa229.pngYeah, seriously.

Let me light him on fire.

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngI tire of all this fire talk, fine, do it

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
    edited October 2006
    Neofly wrote:

491.pngI tire of all this fire talk, fine, do it

dpmfa229.png

Houndoom launches a beautiful fire spin towards Mew. It envelopes him, and he slowly burns.

Scrumtrulescent on