As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] RAW DANGER! Update 04/13: set17: At long last..

KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
zzt2k.jpgrawdanger.jpg

RAW DANGER

This game is pure, undiluted hilarity. From the low budget production to the amazingly wonderful voice acting, you really can not go wrong with this. Basically, the game is about an artificial city. A river.. or something in the city breaks, and it starts flooding and everything goes WAY BAD. You gotta escape.
The year is 2010. The underground city, Geo City, is a project put together to design the safest and most advanced city ever built in the world. The newly-opened city is working great and the Mayor's Conference to commemorate the opening is going well, aside from a bit of rain outside. Joshua and Stephanie are just two of the waiters helping make the conference go as smoothly as possible. But, when the nearby Levee breaks and the Hudson River begins to flood the city from above, the building the conference is being held in begins to be pummeled and destroyed by the raging rapids. The city and everyone in it are in total panic and turmoil.

This is a survival game, almost survival horror if it wasn't so hilarious. There is only one enemy: THE RAGING, RELENTLESS MOTHER EARTH. You are but a PATHETIC HUMAN AT HER MERCY. You must escape a city. Exciting!

You get to interact with a lot of characters, and there are different ways you can choose to respond to them. It gets awesome sometimes. You can be a huge jerk to EVERY PERSON YOU'LL EVER MEET! You can't go wrong with it. Also, the people who brought the game to our shores changed the hair textures and now everybody is blonde! They also drew hilarious bad cover art. Here are what the two main characters from our first story looked like originally:

japanesed.jpg

Let's Play!

Set 01: RAW DANGERRrrr
Set02: Oh no! That's electricity!
Set03: Soup Eater
Set04: You're small time.
Set05: Curse you B:L
Set06: Uncooked Emergency
Set07: One Winged Tsunami
Set08: She's so moé♡
Set09: He deserves that.
Set10: DRTOTGPD
Set11: What is right and what is wrong?
Set12: Raw NRG Bazooka
Set13: Bazooka the Boss
Set14: Giga Bazooka Breaker
Set15: Bazooka Girl is a PSYCHO
Set16: You serious right now?

Set17: At long last...

LIVE LET'S PLAY

Silent Hill 2 pt1 and pt2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3X32GRFW

subscribehp5.jpg via YouTube! This is for you baby lurkers out there. Let me know you're watching and give me some feedback!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
Kaseius on

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Samurai Western would be a good choice.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Clearly the choice is Samurai Western.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Interesting, so the more action-based stuff is preferred so far. Thanks, folks! And so the scale tips in the samurai's favor..

Kaseius on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Part of me wants to say FFXII just to see someone do it. In video format, no less. Ha ha.

But I'm gonna say that Raw Danger!!!!! game because it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Adus on
  • Options
    DougTheRipperDougTheRipper Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    Samurai Western

DougTheRipper on
    sig.jpg
    I'm from the Past.
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Samurai Western is an awesome game.

But I feel that Raw Danger will make for a better LP.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    Part of me wants to say FFXII just to see someone do it. In video format, no less. Ha ha.

D:

Noooooo, haha, that would be such a nightmare.
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Samurai Western is an awesome game.

But I feel that Raw Danger will make for a better LP.

I kind of feel the same way, although I hear that SW is pretty short though, although that'd probably be ignoring extra characters or whatever you unlock along the way.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    ygrellaygrella Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Raw Danger.

ygrella on
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Corpsicle

"Even though a lady is beautiful, certain things about her are always ugly"
    --Ray Smuckles
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I saw the GIF at the top of the OP I thought Noby Noby Boy was going to be one of the choices. Imagine a let's play of that? Endless

But yeah RAW DANGER, just because unintentional humor is the best kind.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    Fashionist PigFashionist Pig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hard choice. I'm going with Raw Danger. :whistle:

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Do you even need to ask me?
    No.
    Samurai Western, of course. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fiziks wrote: »
    When I saw the GIF at the top of the OP I thought Noby Noby Boy was going to be one of the choices. Imagine a let's play of that? Endless

But yeah RAW DANGER, just because unintentional humor is the best kind.

Haha, I was actually thinking about it, but it would just be a few episodes showing off just how awesome it can be. Unless I did "today we're going to stretch some more.. streeeeeetch.. unstretch.. streeeeetch.. report.." exciting!

More RAW DANGER examples:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h42HwuzDyc

takehishat.jpg
    CHEF'S HAT IN THE MOST DIRE OF SITUATIONS
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Do you even need to ask me?
    No.

No, I don't, because I bought that game on your recommendation, you punk. Such a troublemaker, cj!

Kaseius on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I mean Samurai Western sounds awesome, but Raw Danger is something I'd probably never play or find.

RAW DANGERRRRRRR

donhonk on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You're the first person I think I managed to sell on the game, so I'm glad my shilling finally accomplished something. :P

The extra stuff isn't really necessary, but the levels become a lot more fun on the higher difficulties. (Which you unlock on a second run.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You're the first person I think I managed to sell on the game, so I'm glad my shilling finally accomplished something. :P

The extra stuff isn't really necessary, but the levels become a lot more fun on the higher difficulties. (Which you unlock on a second run.)

I'm a sucker for games I have never seen before. And games I've seen. Well, mostly I'm just a sucker for games.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I have to say, Raw Danger also looks pretty interesting, so I'd love to see that done sometime in the future.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait are you telling me you can steal people's hat's and wear them?

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I.. I think so. I know you find a top hat pretty early, and obviously that's the number one choice of head wear.. assuming you don't get the chef's hat.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcgLd8153g

Also, I suggest someone tackle LSD....

That game is SCARYYYYYYYYYYY.

donhonk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    donhonk wrote: »
    [ url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcgLd8153g[/url]

Do you know about a game called ゆめにっき (yume nikki)?

I played it before I saw LSD, and it's really amazing.

It can also be extremely scary. A (now) friend of mine did an LP of it and showed off a lot of the stuff you can find. You should definitely check it out.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hm, it doesnt quite have that off putting, disturbing 3d stuff going on. But I'll check it out, thank you.

donhonk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hm, it doesnt quite have that off putting, disturbing 3d stuff going on. But I'll check it out, thank you.

It's got the fantastic semi-music in the back, though. I want to try LSD because it looks like a 3d version of this game. Possibly. I most likely will never have the opportunity to, though.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can LSD even be let's played?

I mean it has no ending, no story, no real game play.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcgLd8153g

Wha...?

I... I don't... er... hmmm...

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »

It can also be extremely scary. A (now) friend of mine did an LP of it and showed off a lot of the stuff you can find. You should definitely check it out.
    JamTeaUboa.png

I lov- hated that game. I'm not sure I have enough LSD for an LSD LP, though. D:

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Go with Raw Danger.

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I.. I think so. I know you find a top hat pretty early, and obviously that's the number one choice of head wear.. assuming you don't get the chef's hat.

You don't steal them, you basically earn new gear after completing stages and/or beating the predefined 'high scores'.

(Which I still haven't done all of)

It ranges from samurai gear to cowboy gear to random stuff like cat ears and BS loco content like locomotive engines and boxing gear.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

JamTeaUboa.png

I lov- hated that game. I'm not sure I have enough LSD for an LSD LP, though. D:

How could you hate it?! Uboa loves you.
    uboa2.gif

You don't steal them, you basically earn new gear after completing stages and/or beating the predefined 'high scores'.

(Which I still haven't done all of)

It ranges from samurai gear to cowboy gear to random stuff like cat ears and BS loco content like locomotive engines and boxing gear.

I think he might have been talking about Raw Danger, or we're both just confused here. Hahaha.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Someday, I will do an LP of the Way of the Samurai games so that other people can appreciate them

If I ever have so much cash to burn that I can buy recording and editing software

And be assed to set it up and learn how it works

Which will probably be never

But it helps to have a dream

Also casting my vote for RAW DANGER!!! because that shit sounds hilarious and Samurai Western is still pretty easy to find if anyone wants to get it for cheap

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Someday, I will do an LP of the Way of the Samurai games so that other people can appreciate them

If I ever have so much cash to burn that I can buy recording and editing software

Also casting my vote for RAW DANGER!!! because that shit sounds hilarious and Samurai Western is still pretty easy to find if anyone wants to get it for cheap

You could get a capture device for like 40-100 bucks, 100 buck version also getting you decent software. Not too terribly expensive!

I've been wanting to play WotS1 really bad but just never found a copy and never ordered it online for some reason, and now that I have no money.. well, I should've ordered it before, haha.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    uboa2.gif

:!!:Lies and slander :(

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

You could get a capture device for like 40-100 bucks, 100 buck version also getting you decent software. Not too terribly expensive!

I've been wanting to play WotS1 really bad but just never found a copy and never ordered it online for some reason, and now that I have no money.. well, I should've ordered it before, haha.

It's so much better than the sequel

So much

Really hoping they bring over the third game though, it sounds like it improves upon the first two in every way

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    uboa2.gif

:!!:Lies and slander :(

I have so many Yume Nikki/Uboa/Madotsuki pictures, and it's still not enough. I love, love, love that game. So much.
    It's so much better than the sequel

So much

That's what I heard. Didn't WotS3 also come out in Japan a while back ago? I wonder if that turned out any good..

Looks like rawdanger.jpg is winning so far.. I think it's about 8 to 4. Samurai Western will be the LP afterwards if rawdanger.jpg wins.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm gonna have to throw my vote in for Raw Danger, too. Samurai Western looks pretty awesome, but I can't pass up the opportunity to watch a game where you wear a top hat during a disaster and push old ladies.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh scared of Silent Hill 2 eh?

I'd suggest it but the game is pretty slow and not good LP material during all the running (well, more like fast walking) parts.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh scared of Silent Hill 2 eh?

I'd suggest it but the game is pretty slow and not good LP material during all the running (well, more like fast walking) parts.

I'm scared of just about any scary game, haha. Hell, Resident Evil 4 scared me the first time I played it, and couldn't play it at night. I don't even remember how I managed to get past the regen-you-know-whats. D:

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Adus wrote: »

But I'm gonna say that Raw Danger!!!!! game because it looks absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know about an LP, but there was definitely a full video playthrough of FFXII done by some guy shortly before the US release (and IIRC, he did the entire thing on active at the fastest speed with only Vaan).

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The LP is unconscious.

(Sniffing... )

[tiny]Raw Danger[/tiny]

Woggle on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I vote Beyond Good & Evil.

But that's mainly just because I haven't heard of your top 2.

But also, because BG&E is one of my all time favorite games.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I saw silent hill 2, someone terrified of it will make for laughs :)

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png