As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Game Store in Seattle: Wants opinions...

DrainDrain [E] Tabletop ManagerSeattleRegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in Critical Failures
My Tabletop brothers and sisters,

One of my closest friends is opening a brand new independent game store up on Capitol Hill (400 block of E. Pine St.) in Seattle. Gamma Ray Games is scheduled to open up its doors this June... and I cannot tell you all how excited I am for him.

This guy is a gamers’ gamer as well as a big comic and movie buff. He personally owns more out of print tabletop and RP games than anyone I know. He's an excellent GM and game teacher. Though despite my sincerest efforts, I have yet to drag him to a PAX. I'll get him this year.

I believe his goal is to make manifest what we all think of when we think of "game shop." In other words, he wants it to be awesome. To help with this he is looking for people's opinions here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=K9ofKhCt0vzc0Un1VgGL4A_3d_3d.

It's a short survey and he didn't ask me to send it to a massive community like you, but I honestly can't think of better people to poll on this topic. Feel free to pass it along... the more the merrier.

Sincerely,

Drain

N9pjfAk.png
"I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
Drain on

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thank you jseattle, you are awesome!

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    will check it out.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just took the survey - takes maybe a minute. Independent game stores are good people.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    WesSchneiderWesSchneider Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just checked 'em out. Real nice, knowledgeable guys. Even had some great vintage stuff. I'm interested in seeing if they get some weekly gaming events going. While there was a 4E game going upstairs while I was there, I'm tempted to see if they have a crowd interested in getting a Pathfinder RPG group together.

WesSchneider on
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think he's got a LFG List going. I was in there last week and someone was looking for D&D 3-3.5. I know they also have MtG Booster Drafts every other Saturday.

I think they also have a website now.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png