Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Indie Games Thread: March 9th - See OP for massive updating

HenroidHenroid NobodyNowhere fastRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
The PA Community
Recommended Indie Games Thread

Brought to you by cold placenta sandwiches!
Forumer Sueve is deserving of credit for providing the previous iterations of this thread. Kudos sir, but now I'm taking charge! Not trying to steal your thunder, just improve on it.
The Roguelike Thread
Our sister thread, for more detailed and focused discussion on the roguelike genre!

March 9th, 2010 Update:
I'm changing the rules to this thread slightly. The basics apply - this thread is a compilation of the community's input. It's all recommendations for games that may not necessarily be big enough to warrant a thread over. There is more to this thread than just free indie / notable flash games now though. First, pay-for games are okay (but will be marked as such). The bigger change though...

We have people on this forum who actually take the time to make games, and they can't necessarily go and make threads about their stuff because that's site whoring (others can do that though if the product is worth it). But I think they deserve some sort of shot, so as far as I'm concerned with this thread feel free to tell us about your work!

!!!HOWEVER!!!

To stem people from registering just to site-whore via this thread, I'm going to declare an arbitrary rule for the thread - before you pimp your game, be an active or long-standing member of the community (no specifics on what that means, otherwise people will game that system). I'm doing this for the thread to promote stuff from / by this community, not just anyone who wants to jump in and get their shit recognized (believe it or not, this has happened in the LP Archive thread). Those who violate this will be reported for site / product whoring. If you're unsure about posting it yourself, feel free to send me a PM.

In other thread update news, a lot of things unless explicitly said so, have gone into the unsorted category. As always, I rely on you guys to direct me on where things go. Also, the "Clicky!" word for links is going to change in the near future to indicate browser games from download games. I don't know why I didn't do this before as it would've saved immense amounts of thread-doings.

Tips for success for this thread
  • First and foremost, when providing links to games here make sure they don't resolve to sites with content that breaks our forum rules.
  • A sort of addendum to the above, rom hacks aren't going to be included here and I don't think they really count anyway.
  • When linking to a game, provide me the genre.
  • When you link a game, make a case for it. Saves people asking questions.
    • I used to include this in the OP, but it made things messy and was hard to keep up with.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
List of Indie Games By Category
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Action
Everyone Loves Active 2 - Clicky!
Flywrench - Clicky!
Left 4k Dead - Clicky!
Rom Check Fail - Clicky!
Torus Trooper - Clicky!


Adventure
Bars of Black and White - Clicky!
Legend of the Princess - Clicky!
Little Wheel - Clicky!


FPS
Black Shades - Clicky!
Tag: The Power of Paint - Clicky!
Voxelstein 3D - Click!


Platformer
Banana Nababa - Clicky!
BEACON - Clicky!
Cave Story - Click! - Coming to WiiWare!
Destructivator - Clicky!
Eternal Daughter - Clicky!

Eversion - Clicky!
Facewound - Clicky!
Holdover - Clicky!
Iji - Clicky!
I Wanna Be The Guy - Click! - Does not actually make you the guy.

Jumpman - Clicky!
Knytt Stories - Clicky!
La Mulana - Clicky! - Coming to WiiWare!
MoneySeize - Clicky!
N - Click!

Noitu Love - Clicky!
Rescue: The Beagles - Download here!
Spelunky - Click! - Coming to XBox Live Arcade!
Spewer - Clicky!
Tetroid - Download here!

Tower of Heaven - Clicky!
Treasure Hunter Man - Clicky!
Twin Shot 2 - Clicky!
The Underside - Clicky!
Use Boxmen - Clicky!


Puzzle
Aether - Clicky!
Cursor*10 - Click!
Evacuation - Clicky!
Eversion - Clicky!
Fantastic Contraption - Click!

Mystery of Time and Space - Clicky!


Roguelike
3059 - Clicky!
Angband - Clicky!
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup - Clicky!
Dwarf Fortress - Click!
Incursion - Clicky!

Lost Legends - Clicky!
Nethack - Clicky!
Powder - Clicky!
SoulFu - Clicky!
Spelunky - Click!

Transcendence - Clicky!
Triangle Wizard - Clicky!


RPG
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden - Click!
Castle of Winds - Clicky!
Elona - Click!
Level Up - Clicky!


Shmup
Cho Ren Sha 68k - Clicky!
Fraxy - Clicky!
G-Type - Clicky!
Warning Forever - Clicky!


Strategy
Dyson - Clicky!
People's Tactics - Clicky!
The Space Game - Clicky!
War and Peace - Clicky!
Warfare 1917 - Clicky!


Other / Unsorted
ADOM - Clicky!
AI War - Clicky!
Armor Wars - Clicky!
Autumn Dynasty - Clicky!

The Battle for Wesnorth - Clicky!
Battleships Forever - Clicky!
Bloody Zombies - Clicky!
Bunni - Clicky!
Captain Forever - Clicky!

Cactus Arcade - Clicky!
Canabalt - Clicky!
Chalk - Clicky!
Crunchball 3000 - Clicky!
CycloManiacs - Clicky!

Dino Run - Clicky!
Drift-Runners - Clicky!
Egg Worm Generator - Clicky!
Gravity Bone - Clicky!
The Great White Destroyer - Download here! - Made by dumbmanex! Not free.

Heavy Weapons - Clicky!
IndieBrawl - Clicky!
Little Wheel - Clicky!
Lugaru - Clicky!
Minecraft - Clicky!

Minotaur China Shop - Clicky!
Morningstar - Clicky!
Off Road Raptor Safari - Clicky!
RunMan: Race Around the World - Clicky!
Seven - Clicky!

Snowball's Chance - Download here! - Made by dumbmanex!
Steambirds - Clicky! - Tycho approved!
Stranded 2 - Clicky!
Street Fighter 2 - Clicky!
Tasty Static - Clicky!

Toribash - Clicky!
Trine - Clicky! - Not free.
ZafeHouse - Clicky!

Henroid on
"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
- @Ludious
PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
«1345

Posts

  • Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not free, but FYI that Amazon buying Reflexive is paying off for consumers at last. Some popular games like Crimsonland and Mexican Motor Mafia are finally down to $10. And I have to support good ol' James Silva with his River City Ransom clone, Zombie Smashers X2, for only $7.

    sig.gif
  • WheezerWheezer Registered User
    edited June 2009
    For La Mulana, it's based on graphics and music from the MSX (not MMX) home computer. Perhaps you should also mention that the game is unforgiving in its difficulty. Oh, and there's a great Let's Play on Youtube starting here:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=25D2DC18FBD81577

    For Warning Forever, you could go along the lines of saying it's a shoot 'em up where you only fight the bosses (thus the name,) where the next boss always improves on the weaknesses of the previous one. Say you fly behind one enemy and destroy its core from the back, the next boss will have extra armor and turrets in the rear. The graphics are neat if minimal, but the game shouldn't require a monster PC either. No weapon powerups, but you can control the facing of your ship and the spread of your gun.

    Oh, and if Tumiki Fighers is still free (it used to be, right?) it's well worth adding to the list.

    megamansig.jpg
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    some random games I think would be worthy of OP addition
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    06-sherlock.jpg
    Steam LoL: Lost Remix
  • Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone know of any free tradtional western rpgs?

    Like a TES kind of thing where you pick your race and class, ect?

    Also, in battle for wesnoth, is there a method of leveling units for the later levels?


    If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free tradtional western rpgs?

    Like a TES kind of thing where you pick your race and class, ect?

    You're more or less screwed if that's what you're looking for.

    In any case, I've got a couple games to suggest (I'll be editing in more stuff as I get/locate screencaps for them):

    Tetroid
    Spoiler:

    Castle of the Winds
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:
  • Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Skulkraken wrote: »
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free tradtional western rpgs?

    Like a TES kind of thing where you pick your race and class, ect?

    You're more or less screwed if that's what you're looking for.



    Really? I seem to remember seeing a top down one with terrible graphics once.


    If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The last hour and a half was NOT FUN. But rewarding I think.

    At the top of the OP I added a list for the latest updates so that people can keep up with the thread that way (games listed, and the genre I stuck them under). Considering how fucking huge the thread is getting image previews may be out, aside from linking to them.

    I got the stuff you guys recommended in this new thread and a bunch of things my best friend recommended (she's something of my gateway to indie games in general). I still need to get some links straightened out for games listed that have threads on the forum as is, just to sort of note the community adores those games. And I still need to go through the old thread for missed games.

    I'm also going to prune a genre or two if they don't get anything else listed, and just stick them in other. We can fit the oddball genres there and describe them in the, uh, description thing... Fuck I'm tired. D:

    Edit - I'm outraged at the youtube link doing what it did, I fucking forgot about that.

    Edit Edit - And I'll fix the formatting in general later today, sleep now.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, I went through half of the old thread so far and brought up whatever I could. May have missed something here or there or purposely left 'em out. Feel free to double check my work. It's been tedius and I'm tired and cranky (I pick an awesome time of day to work on this thread). :P

    Anything I have to say is in the update section.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User
    edited June 2009
    This is fantastic news, everyone (from the IndieGames blog):
    Mastertronic Starts 'Great Indie Games' Label

    UK publisher Mastertronic, who you may know as the owners of the Sold Out software range, have launched a new publishing label called 'Great Indie Games'.

    Designed specifically to bring indie titles to a games store near you, Mastertronic's Andy Payne explained that they want to try to give the best indie games a wider retail audience. He explained:

    “We have always wanted to work more closely with developers and we believe we can add real value to indie games by getting them in front of a mainstream retail audience and shouting from the rooftops about the fruits of their considerable labour.
    “With the many and varied PC games offerings out there, casual or otherwise, there is a place for great games that have been produced on a lower budget than normal by small development teams. Every other creative art has indies, indeed the games industry grew out of indie pioneers, so it is about time we helped them get back to where they belong."

    He added that Mastertronic are "on the look out for more indie developed games" and that any developers who are looking to get their games sold at retail should get in touch with them. For any developers interested, please note that the service is aimed at the UK, Ireland, Australia and the Nordic region with no word on any North American releases yet.

    World of Goo has been confirmed as the first game to kickstart their campaign and will be released early July for £14.99.

    Bioptic wrote: »
    Lemmings was pro-Communist propeganda. All are created equal, sorted into specific jobs and roles that they will hold for the rest of their lives by a higher authority, and must sacrifice continuously for the good of the group. Success is measured by meeting quotas and nothing else. Also, nuclear holocaust.
  • Dr.TongueDr.Tongue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Skulkraken wrote: »
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free tradtional western rpgs?

    Like a TES kind of thing where you pick your race and class, ect?

    You're more or less screwed if that's what you're looking for.



    Really? I seem to remember seeing a top down one with terrible graphics once.

    Dungeon crawl kind of fits what you are talking about. The skill system is fairly similar to the TES games and you pick your race+class. Of course outside of those two things they are nothing alike at all with it being a roguelike and all. :P Linked to the tiles version if you want to give it a shot

  • RucioRucio Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Guys I just downloaded Barkley:Shut up and Jam Gaiden and it is amazing. You all need to play it.

  • LlyLly Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Anyone played stranded 2? It should be in the op really. It's a survival robinson crusoe style game, and is fantastic. Basically, stranded on an island. Have to forage for food, harvest wood/rocks/lots of other stuff, build structures for various purposes (storage, shelter, lamps for light at night, gardens to attract wildlife etc etc). You can grow crops and berries, cook a whole range of recipes. There is a story mode but to be honest it's the free play which I adore.

    MORE importantly, does anyone know of any other games of the same ilk? I have searched and searched and there seems to be nothing. I'm amazed.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lly wrote: »
    Anyone played stranded 2? It should be in the op really. It's a survival robinson crusoe style game, and is fantastic. Basically, stranded on an island. Have to forage for food, harvest wood/rocks/lots of other stuff, build structures for various purposes (storage, shelter, lamps for light at night, gardens to attract wildlife etc etc). You can grow crops and berries, cook a whole range of recipes. There is a story mode but to be honest it's the free play which I adore.

    MORE importantly, does anyone know of any other games of the same ilk? I have searched and searched and there seems to be nothing. I'm amazed.

    In the non-free indie game area, there are the Survival Kids games for Gameboy Color and their 'sequals' Lost in Blue

    Survival Kids had a 1 & 2 IIRC and it looks like Lost in Blue is up to its 3rd iteration.

  • LlyLly Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah i played survival kids 1 last weekend. I may have to get 2 and the lost in blue series. My main problem with at least survival kids 1 was that you really had little impact on your environment. You don't choose what buildings to build and where. It's more of an rpg than a sandbox survival game (which is what i crave). Still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

  • XtarathXtarath Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Just want to say that Dwarf Fortress and Elona both are rougelikes as well.

    I'll have a couple more roguelikes soon as well.

    Triangle Wizard A geometry based wizard real time roguelike. Buy spells, shatter walls, and choose from a variety of races and disciplines of magic.

    3059 A very deep, real time, futuristic roguelike. Form parties, fight aliens, or kill the townsfolk as you make your way as a colonist on a strange planet.

    Nethack A classic, journey with your dog(or cat) through various levels of dungeons in your quest for the amulet of Yendor.

    Powder A tradtional roguelike through and through, players will try for the goal to get to the 25th level of the dungeon, retrieve the Heart of Baezl'bub, and then return to the surface world. What makes this difficult is the requirement to not die on the way.

    Angband A Tolkien inspired rogue like choose from many races and classes to try and help them defeat the evil Sauron and Morgoth.

    Lost LegendsA very poor graphics roguelike that is none the less in the First Person Perspective. Soon to have random terrain generation, it will prove well to keep an eye on it.

    Here are also some free ones from WolfFire games.

    Lugaru A bunny fighting game with a helping of complexity.

    Black Shades Psychic body guard FPS. Need I say more?

  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Everyone should play Little Wheel right now. It's a really neat browser-based point and click adventure. Well, it's really more of an interactive story than a game, but it's got a really cool style and only takes 5 minutes.

    Also you're not escaping from anywhere so that's a plus.

    919UOwT.png
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dr.Tongue wrote: »
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Skulkraken wrote: »
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free tradtional western rpgs?

    Like a TES kind of thing where you pick your race and class, ect?

    You're more or less screwed if that's what you're looking for.

    Really? I seem to remember seeing a top down one with terrible graphics once.

    Dungeon crawl kind of fits what you are talking about. The skill system is fairly similar to the TES games and you pick your race+class. Of course outside of those two things they are nothing alike at all with it being a roguelike and all. :P Linked to the tiles version if you want to give it a shot
    I was about to say roguelikes as well - there's one that uses a D&D style system, I'll dig it up once I'm at home if Xtarath doesn't post it.


    And yes, Barkley is one of the greatest games I've played.

    GxewS.png
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Gooey wrote: »
    Everyone should play Little Wheel right now. It's a really neat browser-based point and click adventure. Well, it's really more of an interactive story than a game, but it's got a really cool style and only takes 5 minutes.

    Also you're not escaping from anywhere so that's a plus.

    Bioptic wrote: »
    Lemmings was pro-Communist propeganda. All are created equal, sorted into specific jobs and roles that they will hold for the rest of their lives by a higher authority, and must sacrifice continuously for the good of the group. Success is measured by meeting quotas and nothing else. Also, nuclear holocaust.
  • LlyLly Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Gooey wrote: »
    Everyone should play Little Wheel right now. It's a really neat browser-based point and click adventure. Well, it's really more of an interactive story than a game, but it's got a really cool style and only takes 5 minutes.

    Also you're not escaping from anywhere so that's a plus.

    Wow. The effort that went into that is insane. Kudos to them. More of a demo of their skills than a game, but awesome nonetheless.

  • SpindriftSpindrift Registered User
    edited June 2009
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    I was about to say roguelikes as well - there's one that uses a D&D style system, I'll dig it up once I'm at home if Xtarath doesn't post it.

    Incursion

  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I never got the impression that Dwarf Fortress was a roguelike really. But if you guys insist I'll fix that up tonight when I update the thread again.

    Xtarath, for the love of god tel us a bit about each of those games. It'd make things easier for me. :P

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spindrift wrote: »
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    I was about to say roguelikes as well - there's one that uses a D&D style system, I'll dig it up once I'm at home if Xtarath doesn't post it.

    Incursion
    Exactly the one I was thinking of. A lot of fun as well.

    GxewS.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    THATS THE BEST FUCKING GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED WOW!

    Edit - It's gone yay.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    I never got the impression that Dwarf Fortress was a roguelike really. But if you guys insist I'll fix that up tonight when I update the thread again.

    Xtarath, for the love of god tel us a bit about each of those games. It'd make things easier for me. :P

    It's ascii, completly unforgiving, and almost completly freeform. Pretty roguelike.

    Not to mention it comes with a second gamemode which is a roguelike, in your old worlds/fortresses. :P

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, so I really want to play Dungeon Crawl. I downloaded the version that has the optional tileset thing, because apparently the game is ascii based like Dwarf Fortress (blarg!).

    Only, when I run the exe for the tileset version, the son of a bitch window opens and then closes immediately.

    HALP!

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Okay, so I really want to play Dungeon Crawl. I downloaded the version that has the optional tileset thing, because apparently the game is ascii based like Dwarf Fortress (blarg!).

    Only, when I run the exe for the tileset version, the son of a bitch window opens and then closes immediately.

    HALP!

    Tiles version I always used for dwarf fortress.

    http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/index.php

    The guy who made it was either one of the PA community, or started hanging out here afterward.

    e:
    Are you running the 32 bit version? Are you running a 32bit OS?
    It loaded up fine for me, running XP, I accidently ran the non-tile version first, so try that. Maybe it needs the non-tile version to make files before the tile version can run.

    Also of note, this actually lets you use the mouse, awesome.

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Uh, I wasn't asking for help with Dwarf Fortress there man. And I personally already play it with the tileset thing. :P

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sorry, I was just providing a link to the tiles version of DF for the op.

    The help instructions were for DC:Soup.

    Sorry that was a confusing post, I blame it being 2am.

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When you download the tile version it has the non-tiled version with it. I can run non-tiled DC just fine. But the tileset one will open the window sorta (like I can see the borders of it and the mouse pointer) and then just close right away.

    I'm running Windows XP.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    running as admin?

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Of course. :P

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    heh you would be suprised.

    I dunno, it is working fine for me, try running it in compat mode for win2k maybe? Or try updating your graphics drivers if you haven't. Try switching off AV, usual stuff.

    assuming this is the same version you got? stone_soup-0.5-tiles-win32.zip

    If nothing else try redownloading it, maybe it got corrupted during download.

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In one of the more awkward things to happen on my compy, I did have to update my video drivers. That was really weird but whatever, now to crawl my dungeons!

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    fffffffff
    keep running into sigmund on the second level, who turns invisible and kills me.

    hobbessig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm really liking Dungeon Crawler so far. I've seen my roomie playing it ever since I got to Portland but didn't know what it was 'til now.

    My tutorial run as a minotaur berserker ended in tragedy - I died to two Kobolds who felt that netting me and throwing shit at me was nice. Then I made a hill orc fighter just to kinda grasp things a bit more, and left the dungeon (which ends the game, d'oh!).

    I've gotta say, while the mouse interface is convenient for plenty of things, using it to move around in the dungeon really takes away from the game because it fast forwards movement. Taking it a step at a time isn't too bad, and gives you a chance to stop a trap from activating.

    Good game though, I'm glad it was recommended. :D

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • SpindriftSpindrift Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    In one of the more awkward things to happen on my compy, I did have to update my video drivers. That was really weird but whatever, now to crawl my dungeons!

    The latest tiles version uses SDL for rendering, so this isn't all that strange. Not that I'd ever expect you'd have to do it :P

  • KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Your description of Eversion is hilarious. Not because it isn't cute, but because it gets really dark as it goes on. I'd recommend it to anyone here. Think Mario meets Lovecraft.

    Iji is a fantastic platformer/adventure game and you should be ashamed for not playing it. Ignore the anime styled cutscenes and the programmer-art graphics and enjoy the excellent gameplay and unusually compelling story. It has multiple endings based on your actions during the game (and whether or not you choose to play the game as a pacifist - It's possible to beat with only 1 kill if I remember correctly) and lots of secrets.

  • XtarathXtarath Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, Eversion really isn't as cute as everyone first thinks.

  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Klorgnum wrote: »
    Iji is a fantastic platformer/adventure game and you should be ashamed for not playing it. Ignore the anime styled cutscenes and the programmer-art graphics and enjoy the excellent gameplay and unusually compelling story. It has multiple endings based on your actions during the game (and whether or not you choose to play the game as a pacifist - It's possible to beat with only 1 kill if I remember correctly) and lots of secrets.

    The most recent versions allow you clear the game with 0 kills.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kupi wrote: »
    Klorgnum wrote: »
    Iji is a fantastic platformer/adventure game and you should be ashamed for not playing it. Ignore the anime styled cutscenes and the programmer-art graphics and enjoy the excellent gameplay and unusually compelling story. It has multiple endings based on your actions during the game (and whether or not you choose to play the game as a pacifist - It's possible to beat with only 1 kill if I remember correctly) and lots of secrets.

    The most recent versions allow you clear the game with 0 kills.

    Are you allowed to move while kicking yet? Or whatever was the asstarded combo you can't use in the game. Maybe it was jump and kick. Something that made me hate it and never want to play it because it controls worse than all the RE's.

«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.