Options

Your stories of complete assholes in the entertainment industry

1246712

Posts

  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is your wife a giant? Jean is supposed to be around 5'9

    Katholic on
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Katholic wrote: »
    Is your wife a giant? Jean is supposed to be around 5'9
    He might claim to be that tall, but it sounds like an exaggeration. My wife is about 5'9", around 6' with heels. She was pretty specific that the guy was pretty short.

    Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Isn't Tom Cruise supposedly only about 5'4'' or something like that? I've seen pictures of him next to Katie Holmes and he looks like a dwarf. I think she's supposed to be pretty tall herself, but not like 6' or anything like that.

    It's pretty easy to manipulate height through simple camera tricks. Look at the hobbits in the LOTR movies - the actors were just as tall as the human characters, of course, but they made them look about half that.

    Duffel on
  • Options
    SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I used to deliver food to Micheal Vicks place in Suffolk, Va. His mother lived there with his two sisters but I met him more then a few times. Really nice guy and tipped something awesome.

    I showed up for a delivery one day and noone was home. I gave him a few minutes because honestly, his younger sister blows at getting to the door in any timely manner. An SUV pulled up and he hopped out. He apologized and went to pay. Afterwards he serched his pockets for any loose bills as tips. Guy would get a $7 sub and give me a $15 tip.

    Now for a negative story. His younger sister was pretty damned ghetto and didnt tip for shit. Always looked like I just killed her puppy. His mom and older sister were awesome though. Helped the mom with groceries a few times and the older sis was always chatty.

    Also a related story. My buddy, who also delivered for our shop, took a delivery of pizzas. This was after Marcus Vicks deal with screwing around with a minor. My buddy is getting the money from Vick and straight tells him "Yo man, I KNOW your brother didnt fuck that chick". He was gifted with a "Thanks" and a $100 tip.

    SkannerJAT on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Grew up in Palm Springs and quite a long time ago (musta still been in middle school) was at the weekly downtown fair and round the corner to see an extremely nice Lamborghini parked at the curb. My buddy and I are gawking at it until my friend's aunt calls him over from the outside bar right next to the car. Turns out she's been hanging out with Dexter Holland - the lead singer of Offspring, and he owns the Lambo.

    We get to meet him and he lets us sit in the car, eventually giving my friend a ride in it back to the place they were going to hang out with his aunt after I was dropped off. Dexter was apparently selling the car for some charity very soon after. His aunt and the guy have sporadically been in contact ever since.

    This part I can't really confirm 100%, but I heard through my friend through his aunt that he wrecked the Lamborghini very soon after that night. =/ Sucks, but still a very cool guy.

    UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    After a quick search Van Damme claims 5'10" but estimates from people who have supposedly met him range from 5'5" to 5'8" so who knows :P

    HappylilElf on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    People talking about the Dudley Brothers

    Spike spoke to one of my classes back in school concerning performance and ritual. He made it a big deal to show off his wedding ring, and ensure that all the girls knew he was "taken".

    The next day in class our professor zeros in on a girl sitting in the back: "So, did you have fun last night?"

    Her blush coated the room. Apparently Little Spike enjoys showing off his wedding ring so that the girls he sexes up on the road know there's no chance for anything more. Jerk.
    Sounds like that professor is a complete asshole worthy of the thread title

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seriously, what kind of professor brings up a student's sex life in front of the whole fucking class (or at all)?

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as sexual harassment, as well as "dickheaded as all hell"

    Duffel on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When I played little league, I played with Jack Robert's kid (local celebrity used to do a bunch of commercials for his shitty appliance store). Guy was a grade A asshole, would shout at his kid after every game for every little mistake.

    I met Jerry and Mike at the prior to PAX lanwerks events even got a compliment from Jerry after he watched me and another dude slug it out in tanks and hopped out to go mano eh mano I killed him and jacked his ride and Jerry said it was the coolest thing he'd seen.

    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zach Braff did an early vote rally at CU and this wasn't really that assholish but he was cracking jokes back stage about the opening band's baby. I've come to the conclusion he doesn't really act on scrubs he just plays himself.

    some pictures I got of him before/at the event:
    2973699936_4912ef69b2_o.jpg

    2973699946_e12fd8e109_o.jpg

    paraphrase "Ok if you want to make your own obama shirt I've got a really easy way to do it. Take one of these stickers and then place it equidistant from your nipples. Now if you've got big nipples you'll only need a inch or so on each side"

    I also met Ben Harper and Laura Dern at that event and they were pretty cool.

    CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When I was like six I was vacationing in Oklahoma with my parents (Oklahoma, seriously.) We were going to the pool, because at the age of six the hotel pool was the coolest place in the world, and we took the elevator. A black man with a scantily-clad woman on each arm walks out wearing gold chains and big sunglasses. They're all laughing and having a grand ol' time as they exit and as he passes me he smiles all big and goes, "Hey, what's up?" He then keeps walking.

    We found out later that MC Hammer was staying at the hotel.

    Also, I don't know if any of you fellas are as big a fan of Renaissance Festivals as I am, and I don't know which cities they tour in, but the Puke and Snot show have been part of my summer for many years here in Colorado (I'm almost 27 now.) So it was very sad to hear that last year Snot passed away last year. I went to his last show, actually, the last one of the day on the last day of the season.

    So this year, Puke has a replacement, one of his close friends, and it's funny but he's no Snot. After the show, I buy Puke's book, his autobiography and come up to the booth to meet him, and he's genuinely friendly and warm.

    I tell him that his show has been a staple of my summer for many years now.
    He replies with, "Ah, I think you need a better summer hobby."
    I come back with, "Yeah yeah, the beer helps." Cue me holding up my enormous pirate-skull stein.
    "Well you've found a good way to medicate yourself I see."

    He signs my book, poses for pictures with me and my sister, and even though he's not some huge celebrity or anything, it was one of the coolest moments of my life. To meet this comedian and performer that I've laughed at for years. I was glad I got to tell him how much I enjoyed his work.

    His book was pretty interesting, too. He pretty much launched Penn and Teller's career.

    Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the only "celebrities" i've met were racers for moto gp (kind of like the F1 of motorcycles). a lot of the dudes are kind of douchey, but nicky hayden and his brothers are pretty cool. me and my brother caught john hopkins at a chilis and wished him luck during the race. he was pretty cool.

    on our way to cannery row, we saw valentino rossi pull up next to us in his escalade at a red light. my brother was on the ball and tossed his hard card and a sharpie to him and got his autograph. i was too slow and the light tunred green :(

    i met phil lamarr at an anime convention in tampa. he was pretty nice, got my picture taken with him. i also peed next to billy west (voices fry and stimpy) which i thought was hilarious. also, that chick that was on dead like me was at another convention i went to in orlando. she was just lounging on a chair outside and i stopped and said 'hey, i liked your show. bummer about it being canceled." she was just like "haha yeah"

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to manipulate height through simple camera tricks. Look at the hobbits in the LOTR movies - the actors were just as tall as the human characters, of course, but they made them look about half that.

    They did that with CG.

    DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    the only "celebrities" i've met were racers for moto gp (kind of like the F1 of motorcycles). a lot of the dudes are kind of douchey, but nicky hayden and his brothers are pretty cool. me and my brother caught john hopkins at a chilis and wished him luck during the race. he was pretty cool.

    on our way to cannery row, we saw valentino rossi pull up next to us in his escalade at a red light. my brother was on the ball and tossed his hard card and a sharpie to him and got his autograph. i was too slow and the light tunred green :(

    i met phil lamarr at an anime convention in tampa. he was pretty nice, got my picture taken with him. i also peed next to billy west (voices fry and stimpy) which i thought was hilarious. also, that chick that was on dead like me was at another convention i went to in orlando. she was just lounging on a chair outside and i stopped and said 'hey, i liked your show. bummer about it being canceled." she was just like "haha yeah"

    Rossi always seems to come over as a really top guy. I'd love to shake his hand.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to manipulate height through simple camera tricks. Look at the hobbits in the LOTR movies - the actors were just as tall as the human characters, of course, but they made them look about half that.

    They did that with CG.

    Uhh.. for the shots where you see tiny-looking hobbits alongside normal-heighted guys? They used either children or dwarves.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SkannerJAT wrote: »
    I used to deliver food to Micheal Vicks place in Suffolk, Va. His mother lived there with his two sisters but I met him more then a few times. Really nice guy and tipped something awesome.

    I showed up for a delivery one day and noone was home. I gave him a few minutes because honestly, his younger sister blows at getting to the door in any timely manner. An SUV pulled up and he hopped out. He apologized and went to pay. Afterwards he serched his pockets for any loose bills as tips. Guy would get a $7 sub and give me a $15 tip.

    Now for a negative story. His younger sister was pretty damned ghetto and didnt tip for shit. Always looked like I just killed her puppy. His mom and older sister were awesome though. Helped the mom with groceries a few times and the older sis was always chatty.

    Also a related story. My buddy, who also delivered for our shop, took a delivery of pizzas. This was after Marcus Vicks deal with screwing around with a minor. My buddy is getting the money from Vick and straight tells him "Yo man, I KNOW your brother didnt fuck that chick". He was gifted with a "Thanks" and a $100 tip.


    Odds are somebody HAD just killed her puppy.

    Brian888 on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    the only "celebrities" i've met were racers for moto gp (kind of like the F1 of motorcycles). a lot of the dudes are kind of douchey, but nicky hayden and his brothers are pretty cool. me and my brother caught john hopkins at a chilis and wished him luck during the race. he was pretty cool.

    on our way to cannery row, we saw valentino rossi pull up next to us in his escalade at a red light. my brother was on the ball and tossed his hard card and a sharpie to him and got his autograph. i was too slow and the light tunred green :(

    i met phil lamarr at an anime convention in tampa. he was pretty nice, got my picture taken with him. i also peed next to billy west (voices fry and stimpy) which i thought was hilarious. also, that chick that was on dead like me was at another convention i went to in orlando. she was just lounging on a chair outside and i stopped and said 'hey, i liked your show. bummer about it being canceled." she was just like "haha yeah"

    Rossi always seems to come over as a really top guy. I'd love to shake his hand.

    yeah he seems like a nice guy but he's so unreachable that it'd be hard to find out! i snuck in a picture with him a couple of years ago, which i thought was hilarious cause i'm sure i'm in at least two different people's pictures being 'that guy"

    oh shit i forgot fabio was at a moto gp event i went to once. he was cool, took my picture with him. also, michael jordan owns a motorcyle team and for the first american moto gp event he was sitting in the bed of a truck talking to one of the mechanics or something. obviously there's a huge crowd just outside taking pictures and whatnot. my brother just yells out "michael! michael! i loved you in space jam!" it was a good day.

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to manipulate height through simple camera tricks. Look at the hobbits in the LOTR movies - the actors were just as tall as the human characters, of course, but they made them look about half that.

    They did that with CG.

    Uhh.. for the shots where you see tiny-looking hobbits alongside normal-heighted guys? They used either children or dwarves.


    They also used perspective tricks, as in the scene near the beginning of Fellowship when Frodo and Gandalf are riding on the wagon together.

    Brian888 on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Brian888 wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to manipulate height through simple camera tricks. Look at the hobbits in the LOTR movies - the actors were just as tall as the human characters, of course, but they made them look about half that.

    They did that with CG.

    Uhh.. for the shots where you see tiny-looking hobbits alongside normal-heighted guys? They used either children or dwarves.


    They also used perspective tricks, as in the scene near the beginning of Fellowship when Frodo and Gandalf are riding on the wagon together.

    Or had the Hobbits on their knees. They don't show the hobbits from the waste down in alot of those types of scenes.

    There's tons of camera tricks one can use for this sort of shit. Just look at any Tom Cruise movie ever.

    shryke on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    she seemed less stuck up when she was still on computer duty on the screen savers

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    I don't think anyone ever gets used to be creepily stalked and ogled.

    shryke on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've done book signings with a couple of authors. They range from dicks to nice guys:

    Tom Clancy: Massive dick. Didn't even look up during the signing. Simply signed the pile of books.

    R.A. Salvatore: Really, really nice guy. Extremely friendly, he talked with everyone but kept the line moving. Extremely friendly with the staff. He even DM'ed a D&D game with a bunch of our staff and some TSR staff. He let me use him for a practical joke. I had a friend who was the world's biggest Drizzit fan. So I was talking to Bob and my friend wandered over and joined in the conversation. I let it go on for a few minutes before I introduced them. My friend sputtered.

    Neil Stephenson: Cold fish. Only author I've ever seen drive down sales during a holiday rush and that includes the local self-published woman with an accordion. He didn't want to be there and didn't care who knew it.

    Armistead Maupin: Classy guy and he patted my bottom. :winky:

    Emeril Lagasse: The man has an insane amount of energy. He signed over five hundred books, including two hundred after the signing was actually over. He was extremely low maintenance. All he asked for was some bottled water and he didn't care what brand. And he brought fresh crawfish with him.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Between working in background acting, growing up in Newport Beach and having several family members who either work at or are members of the Bohemian Club, there have been a number of encounters with close friends and family...

    Assholes:

    Steven Seagal - Couple of my dad's friends were riding their horses down a public right-of-way crossing Seagal's ranch. Apparently he refused recognize the right-of-way and forced them off the land at gunpoint.

    Richard Dean Anderson - My sister was on a set with him, and apparently he has (or had) a very "Do you know who I am" sort of superiority complex.

    Dennis Rodman - My sister and her friend were at a bar down on Balboa Peninsula where Rodman was a regular. When he walked by where they were sitting, Rodman grabbed her friends ass in passing. He also used to have the cops called on his house regularly for noise complaints (sound travels very well up and down the bay, so this wasn't just his neighbors calling).

    Harry Shearer - While entertaining as a guest at the Bohemian Grove, he started telling racist jokes (which he had been warned against). He was booed offstage (only time that had happened in my father's memory) and left the Grove immediately. And now you know just why Shearer wrote Teddy Bears' Picnic.


    Cool People:

    Angela Lansbury - During a 16 hour shoot, she forced the producer to provide cots for the extras and brought her personal chef in to cook for them.

    John Ritter - My sister ran into him in Deer Valley, Utah when we were very young. He was quite friendly and willing to joke around with a couple kids where were playing in the lodge's elevator.

    Jennifer Love Hewitt - We had a long shoot with several hundred extras that wrapped up between 2 and 3 in the morning. As everyone was sitting in line to get their vouchers, she passed by on the way to her trailer. Could have just ignored us all, but instead she thanked everyone for the work we did and apologized that we had to be there so late.


    Not really an assholish or cool story, but I also had to remove a Denver boot From Carson Palmer's car after it was put there for about a dozen parking tickets at USC. The next day, the Transportation department changed the rules for that lot so he wouldn't be ticketed again.

    Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

    - John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I took a class from Douglas Hofstadter once. He would answer his phone in the middle of class and have longish conversations in Italian. And usually it was just his kids calling. He also managed to not learn anyone's name over the course of a semester when the class size was around 20.

    He's also a terrible lecturer. The days he just told random stories were awesome. The days he actually tried to teach were murderous.

    Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    all the people who met bill murray in this thread
    i hate you
    let me smell your hair

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On the topic of wrestlers, I was once in line for an RVD signing at E3, and the guy was just a really friendly, cool guy. He was taking the time to not only sign the picture they were handing out, but doing the RVD pose with you, and just talking to you for a couple of minutes. Really cool guy.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    People talking about the Dudley Brothers

    Spike spoke to one of my classes back in school concerning performance and ritual. He made it a big deal to show off his wedding ring, and ensure that all the girls knew he was "taken".

    The next day in class our professor zeros in on a girl sitting in the back: "So, did you have fun last night?"

    Her blush coated the room. Apparently Little Spike enjoys showing off his wedding ring so that the girls he sexes up on the road know there's no chance for anything more. Jerk.
    Sounds like that professor is a complete asshole worthy of the thread title
    Duffel wrote: »
    Seriously, what kind of professor brings up a student's sex life in front of the whole fucking class (or at all)?

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as sexual harassment, as well as "dickheaded as all hell"

    Absolutely not. This professor was awesome. She convinced the school to let her teach "RE 324: Religion and Science Fiction" in which we watched Stargate and read Ender's Game. For credit. We pretty much gave up on actually trying to tie it back to Religious Studies around when we read Dune.

    The part I forgot to mention in my rush to finish the story before my staff meeting this morning was that post-Dudley talk, but before we all (professor included) went out drinking, she specifically warned the girls that "some men like to show their rings to let women know that they're taken, some like to make sure that women know he's taken."

    The we all went out for drinks. I begged out early for one reason or another, and apparently the professor and everyone in the class who went out to the bars watched him hit on her in almost slow-motion.

    No one was taken advantage of, and the classmate in question knew exactly what she was getting herself into.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    shryke wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    I don't think anyone ever gets used to be creepily stalked and ogled.

    Yea, I might give her the benefit of the doubt on some things.

    Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My ex girlfriend was on extra in Cheaper By The Dozen 2 and got to meet Steve Martin and Eugene Levy. Apparently they were both huge assholes who made it very clear they didn't want anyone to talk to them. She also met Piper Perabo, who was extremely nice and they had a picture together.

    My mom once met Don Cherry and got him to sign one of his DVDs.

    SirUltimos on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    shryke wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    I don't think anyone ever gets used to be creepily stalked and ogled.

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I met Jeff Corwin and crew in Florida while playing pool at a pub. After me and my friends kept elbowing each other and looking over he introduced himself and his crew. They were all very cool.

    Cabezone on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    shryke wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    I don't think anyone ever gets used to be creepily stalked and ogled.

    When the fuck did I say anything remotely to do with stalking?

    She's a female celebrity that works on a show that talks about a subject aimed at a demographic of mainly male individuals. You think she was chosen merely on merit of journalistic integrity and quality of stories? I'm not saying she should put up with crap but I would think it's known that there are going to be some socially-challenged individuals that she would have to deal with as part of the job.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I also went on a study abroad trip to Europe a few years ago with Ricky Skagg's daughter (he's a really big name in bluegrass music for those who haven't heard of him). I didn't even realize she was his daughter until we'd already been over there for a good while, since she apparently didn't want anybody to know. She was pretty nice/friendly, but I kind of got the feeling she had a hard time interacting with other people, probably from being on the road all the time (the whole family does shows together sometimes and I guess they have for her whole life).

    It was pretty weird a year or two later seeing her on TV when they were doing their Christmas concert, since I'd never really even heard of her before that trip.

    Duffel on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Neil Stephenson: Cold fish. Only author I've ever seen drive down sales during a holiday rush and that includes the local self-published woman with an accordion. He didn't want to be there and didn't care who knew it.

    Yep, that was my impression, too. Met him on the book signing tour for Anathem. Did some perfunctory chats with people in line getting their book signed, but he really didn't look like he wanted to be there. The Q&A was decent, though. I guess he prefers to be writing than out meeting people who read his stuff.

    galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

    When the fuck did I say anything remotely to do with stalking?

    She's a female celebrity that works on a show that talks about a subject aimed at a demographic of mainly male individuals. You think she was chosen merely on merit of journalistic integrity and quality of stories? I'm not saying she should put up with crap but I would think it's known that there are going to be some socially-challenged individuals that she would have to deal with as part of the job.

    Honestly she wasn't even the only eye candy at Pax a lot more slutty dressed women. I just never saw her prior to her segment or after it. Where as Sessler was outside in the smoking area chatting up dudes, talking with people on his way to the segment and after it. I doubt it was a fear of stalking more of just she's a personality first and foremost and probably doesn't even game or could care less of the gamers.

    PAX is not some drooling tard factory most men were polite and respectful and its insulting to imply they were "drooling after her" most probably couldn't pick her out of a lineup.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ran into Adam Sessler at Pax this year, he was a nice dude talking it up with the crowd, Morgan Webb did her flashy interview and dissapeared which I heard is par for the course for her.

    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I always got this vibe from her watching tv that she was a bit stuck up. Mind you, being oogled by a few nerds might have chased her away as well but still, you'd think she'd be used to it being in the business she's in.

    I don't think anyone ever gets used to be creepily stalked and ogled.

    When the fuck did I say anything remotely to do with stalking?

    She's a female celebrity that works on a show that talks about a subject aimed at a demographic of mainly male individuals. You think she was chosen merely on merit of journalistic integrity and quality of stories? I'm not saying she should put up with crap but I would think it's known that there are going to be some socially-challenged individuals that she would have to deal with as part of the job.
    It seems to me that she gets more undesirable attention than a lot of other females in the industry, and as such I don't agree with calling her "stuck up" just because she wants to avoid that sort of attention.

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It seems to me that she gets more undesirable attention than a lot of other females in the industry, and as such I don't agree with calling her "stuck up" just because she wants to avoid that sort of attention.

    I dunno it just seems rude to me to assume all gamers are the people you get obscene comments from the internet. There were a lot of women at PAX showing a lot of skin, I don't think she would have stood out anymore then they did and I didn't hear them complaining.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Chuck Palahniuk is a really cool writer type guy. I saw him on the book tour for Haunted. He showed up super early to his reading to chat with people, sign books, and have his picture taken. From what I understand, he's also usually the last person to leave, because he wants to make sure everyone who wants to gets a chance to talk with him and get their books signed. Also, a few people passed out, which seems to be a common thing at his readings. He didn't discourage it as he gave everyone meat scented air fresheners to pass around before he read a story about someone being boiled alive.

    LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I always heard he was a fun guy to run into. Well as long as he isn't writing fight club 2 as he got into a lot of fights when he wrote the first one. I don't want to know what he did when he wrote the short story about the pool...

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
Sign In or Register to comment.