As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SAMCRO Season: The last one... I guess? Wait this is still on the air?

• Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tig's been slowly falling apart all season long. Once he and Gemma started he finally hit rock bottom and realized he had no idea of who he was anymore. Tig thinks of himself as a dashing outlaw not as a murderer of women and betrayer of friends.

He dealt with his guilt by seeking out punishment. He had a pretty clear idea of what Opie would do when he said what he said and Tig did absolutely nothing to defend himself.
    The thing is that Tig is not a strong man. He's the muscle, a task man, the Sergeant at Arms, a follower, even a yes man. But he's not strong. When he's faced with something that is actually morally troubling, he doesn't know how to handle it, and can get very confused. He'll still carry out the action, but can be left conflicted and unsure, and with something as big as accidentally killing a club member's wife it will eat away at him. As Bobby said, Tig is blind action, but it doesn't mean it doesn't affect him. It just means that he doesn't think about it before hand but it can really eat at him otherwise. Tig is probably the most immature of the characters on the show.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    On the bullet thing, bullets also have markings now on who made them etc. as was mentioned earlier, they leave quite the paper trail buying thousands of rounds for AK's, being a motorcycle club and repair shop.

Having unmarked ammo in large quantities in what is relatively a short time is much preferred to buying rounds at gun shows and stores.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dalboz wrote: »
    Tig's been slowly falling apart all season long. Once he and Gemma started he finally hit rock bottom and realized he had no idea of who he was anymore. Tig thinks of himself as a dashing outlaw not as a murderer of women and betrayer of friends.

He dealt with his guilt by seeking out punishment. He had a pretty clear idea of what Opie would do when he said what he said and Tig did absolutely nothing to defend himself.
    The thing is that Tig is not a strong man. He's the muscle, a task man, the Sergeant at Arms, a follower, even a yes man. But he's not strong. When he's faced with something that is actually morally troubling, he doesn't know how to handle it, and can get very confused. He'll still carry out the action, but can be left conflicted and unsure, and with something as big as accidentally killing a club member's wife it will eat away at him. As Bobby said, Tig is blind action, but it doesn't mean it doesn't affect him. It just means that he doesn't think about it before hand but it can really eat at him otherwise. Tig is probably the most immature of the characters on the show.
    I view Tig as taking his morality directly from the club. The club clearly has ways you should act and ways you shouldn't and he throws himself into it wholeheartedly. Now he's clearly done this and clearly fucked up (the club doesn't screw with women, doesn't screw with it's own members and sure as fuck doesn't gun down innocents.) So where he'd normally just put down any feelings of guilt with justifications like "He was a cop" or "They threatened the club" he doesn't any of those options available to him with the Donna thing. Add in that Opie is acting like how Tig thinks it's right to act....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dalboz wrote: »

I view Tig as taking his morality directly from the club. The club clearly has ways you should act and ways you shouldn't and he throws himself into it wholeheartedly. Now he's clearly done this and clearly fucked up (the club doesn't screw with women, doesn't screw with it's own members and sure as fuck doesn't gun down innocents.) So where he'd normally just put down any feelings of guilt with justifications like "He was a cop" or "They threatened the club" he doesn't any of those options available to him with the Donna thing. Add in that Opie is acting like how Tig thinks it's right to act....
    Additionally it was pointed out in season one that Tig always gets the dirty work and it has an effect on him.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Just rewatched this weeks ep with the housemate who missed it, reminded me of something which was said almost in passing which made me wonder, how big do you guy's think the Sons are?
    I've always thought of them as being a stand-in for the Hell's Angels but this weeks meeting with the Irish really drove it home. When Clay says something about pulling the Son's support in Ireland and homeboy (who's name escapes me at the moment) immediately backed down and said he was out of line, it reminded me how much of an international organization the Hell's Angels (and the Son's as their proxy) actually are.

I don't know that the SoA is supposed to be a proxy for the Hell's Angels, as much as they're just meant to be a mid- to large-sized outlaw motorcycle club. Most of the larger ones are at least somewhat international (into Canada and the UK, and some into mainland Europe) so it wouldn't surprise me if the SoA were as well.

In general though I get the feeling that they're actually on the smaller side of that "mid to large" scale...they just don't feel as "big" as I imagine the Hell's Angels or any of the other really large clubs. So rather than a few thousand members, you're probably looking at more like several hundred members (up to a thousand or so), spread across a handful of states in the west with a few token charters back east and overseas.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    viciousdogatakviciousdogatak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I read somewhere that the Sons of Anarchy are based on the Sons of Silence MC. After watching the Gangland episode on History Channel about them, it made sense in that the founder was more anti organized crime but the club just went that way as time went on.

viciousdogatak on
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I don't know that the SoA is supposed to be a proxy for the Hell's Angels, as much as they're just meant to be a mid- to large-sized outlaw motorcycle club. Most of the larger ones are at least somewhat international (into Canada and the UK, and some into mainland Europe) so it wouldn't surprise me if the SoA were as well.

I know in the first episode, Happy, who's in town, tells Clay that no charter has any stock of AKs, and he says "No one has stock. Oregon, Las Vegas, Tahoma, Vancouver," so they do have at least one Canadian charter.

And according to the official site They have a couple in the UK and Europe.

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm trying to decide what Clay's omission of the "to color" in his recounting of the story means.
    It means that he realized that Zobell's threat was never about race - it was about keeping guns in his crew's hands for protecting the heroin trade. I could be remembering it wrong, though - maybe Clay said that before the SoA pieced it together.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lem!

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright, I'm leaving my first line there, I was typing the below in notepad while I watched since I didn't want to spoil myself....
    LEM! Not so good that he seems to be at odds with Tig, things don't tend to look good for people like that.

HOLY SHIT WESTON. Fuck fuck fuck. That was harsh. Shooting the random women in the room too?

Jax/Weston face off....fucking awesome.

Ok, this is the episode of people being bad asses. Just watched the doctor beat the shit out of administrative director. Crap.

So the club was frustrated in achieving their goals but it probably worked out better for them in the end that way. I have trouble seeing how Zoebell doesn't get shanked in prison though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "You hit like a girl."

tofu on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They really need to release a SAMCRO soundtrack.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright, I'm leaving my first line there, I was typing the below in notepad while I watched since I didn't want to spoil myself....
    LEM! Not so good that he seems to be at odds with Tig, things don't tend to look good for people like that.

HOLY SHIT WESTON. Fuck fuck fuck. That was harsh. Shooting the random women in the room too?

Ok, this is the episode of people being bad asses. Just watched the doctor beat the shit out of administrative director. Crap.

So the club was frustrated in achieving their goals but it probably worked out better for them in the end that way. I have trouble seeing how Zoebell doesn't get shanked in prison though.
    I'm not entirely sure that Zoebell getting shanked in prison isn't the objective. "There are no laws being broken, and there *will be* no laws broken." Then BAM, Zoebell starts squealing about posessing enough heroin to supply a prison bloc. The 10v10 was deliberately planned to be within Charming city limits, and the sherriff was very careful to tell his deputy that their business was Charming, and nowhere else. Probably the only unsubtle and conniving event in the episode was Tara putting the admin in her place.

Which, by the way, was hawt.

Solandra on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Solandra wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure that Zoebell getting shanked in prison isn't the objective. "There are no laws being broken, and there *will be* no laws broken." Then BAM, Zoebell starts squealing about posessing enough heroin to supply a prison bloc. The 10v10 was deliberately planned to be within Charming city limits, and the sherriff was very careful to tell his deputy that their business was Charming, and nowhere else. Probably the only unsubtle and conniving event in the episode was Tara putting the admin in her place.

Completely possible though I thought Jax and Clay looked disappointed when Zoebell was taken into custody. They want much worse for him and Weston and they both want it to come from Sam Crow. I'll have to rewatch.

I'm not positive that Zoebell is really going to get shanked, it'll depend upon how Alveress and the Mayans react to what's coming next. Nevermind what it would do to his "street cred" to be guarded by Brown.

Though if this whole thing ends up with Otto shanking Zoebell and watching him bleed out then I think it'll be alright with everybody...

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh, and I thought it was cool they answered my internal question regarding half-sack before I even asked it. He'd been hanging around for quite some time and done quite a bit of pretty stupid shit for the club, was wondering when he'd earn his patch.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well,
    Otto can't really watch anyone do anything anymore :(

I'm not 100% on Jax/Clay looking disappointed. I remember Jax smiling for a second although maybe it was more of an "aw damnit" grimace rather than a smile can't remember.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty certain Otto can see out of his one (non-recently injured) eye, just not well. His little talk with Jax has him looking at him.

Still, he's pretty well screwed over. So sad.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Zobell controls the heroin trade in the prisons now, I doubt he'd run into much trouble being inside with people he supplies. Though to be honest I don't think he'll be showing up in prison at all, either via lawyer intervention or SAMCRO.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

"You're not just some Croweater, you're Jax Teller's old lady. People need to show you respect."

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, and I thought it was cool they answered my internal question regarding half-sack before I even asked it. He'd been hanging around for quite some time and done quite a bit of pretty stupid shit for the club, was wondering when he'd earn his patch.

I'd been wondering that since he put his ass on the line for Clay (while Tig cowered) when they were stealing the guns from Henry Rollins back at the beginning of the season.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »

"You're not just some Croweater, you're Jax Teller's old lady. People need to show you respect."

"No, THIS is assault."

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh God, so far we've had Dutch-boy and Lem show up. I think David Rees Snell needs to be a part of this show. So does Goggins.

And if Chiklis shows up in any capacity...

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Baldy really needs to show up as a cop busting some hard ass punks.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Was that really Lem? I swore it was the same actor, but wikipedia isn't showing an update to the actor's page.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's him.
    Interviewer: You had Jay Karnes in the first season. Has there been any other talk of recruiting other “Shield” alumni?

Kurt Sutter: You know what? I actually have. I have brought back Kenny Johnson; he’s in episode twelve. And I love Kenny. I would get emails from Kenny, like, constantly saying, “Please put me on a show with balls, please put me on show with balls.” (Laughs) So he plays this little cameo in twelve, and we’ll see if we can make some kind of deal with him. But I would love to bring him back for at least a three or four episode arc in season three.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/television/interviews/2009/kurt_sutter.htm

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's him.
    Interviewer: You had Jay Karnes in the first season. Has there been any other talk of recruiting other “Shield” alumni?

Kurt Sutter: You know what? I actually have. I have brought back Kenny Johnson; he’s in episode twelve. And I love Kenny. I would get emails from Kenny, like, constantly saying, “Please put me on a show with balls, please put me on show with balls.” (Laughs) So he plays this little cameo in twelve, and we’ll see if we can make some kind of deal with him. But I would love to bring him back for at least a three or four episode arc in season three.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/television/interviews/2009/kurt_sutter.htm

Hell yes

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That explains the little thing going between him and Tig.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe they're planning on having Otto stab zoebell somehow since he wants revenge the most. Everybody is rooting for him especially since he's been screwed the worst probably.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Gemma beats him by a mile I'd say.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm.... since they had Lem's evil twin do a cameo, I would love to see Ronnie show up next season. Maybe set up as an antagonist struggling to set up a life in charming and generally fucking shit up for the sons.

Ronnie was smart. I could see him getting off on all counts because they had nothing on him other than Vic's sworn statement. I was really sad he went down the way he did. :(

Deebaser on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

oh wait, did we ever resolve who killed otto's wife? Was it tom arnold for sure. I can't remember right now.

Losing an eye and having your wife beat to death is pretty fucked up, but if those are two different people then I agree Gemma probably should get the honor.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    musanman wrote: »

oh wait, did we ever resolve who killed otto's wife? Was it tom arnold for sure. I can't remember right now.

Losing an eye and having your wife beat to death is pretty fucked up, but if those are two different people then I agree Gemma probably should get the honor.

Yeah, they made a point of letting us know he'd left the country the day after she died.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rape is a big deal, but losing your one good eye?

Tough call I'd say...

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Personally I'd take rape over blindness.

I'd actually probably take rape once a week for a year over blindness since being able to see is required for pretty much everything I enjoy doing :P

This is a very strange topic.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Personally I'd take rape over blindness.

I'd actually probably take rape once a week for a year over blindness since being able to see is required for pretty much everything I enjoy doing :P

This is a very strange post.

Fixed that for you. Let us get back to our Bromance now.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I would normally agree but it wasn't exactly "just rape". Not saying getting your eye stabbed till it no longer exists and your wife killed isn't bad, just think that there's a large difference in the two actions.

Though both involved a rather large group of sweaty guys beating someone badly and then doing horrible things to said person. Also he apparently can see somewhat out of his other eye as noted by his looking towards Jax while talking with him.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    viciousdogatakviciousdogatak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You can get a prosthetic eye, and soon enough you may even be able to get one that "sees" for you, but you can't get a prosthetic not-rape.

viciousdogatak on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You can get a prosthetic eye, and soon enough you may even be able to get one that "sees" for you, but you can't get a prosthetic not-rape.

Dude we are years/decades from the average joe getting a working artificial eye that does anything more than see light/dark. We are a hell of a long way from some poor blind slob in prison getting a working artificial eye.

I'll take gang rape over gang beating/blinding every time.

He can see somewhat out of the already damaged eye.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Finally got around to watching the most recent episode. I was getting so pumped throughout the whole thing with Tara keeping her hand strong and the music, but fuck me what a let down.

The idea that it could be part of a larger plan is plausible, but what I wanted to see was gross bodily harm.

voodoospork on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You just have a few hours left to get your bets in! Who dies? Who lives? Who goes to jail? Who loses a ball and/or an eye?

Tomanta on