As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Facebook problem.

Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey dudes!

This problem is driving me to drink... My wife and I share a pc and i can upload photos to facebook and she can't... We go through the same motions but after all is said and done she has a blank album and i don't... She get's a blank sqaure for an album cover that says ther are x amount of pictures but they are all blank... You can view them when you go to edit but that is it. We have tried uploading the same pic and it works on my account but not hers.. Any ideas?

PSN: Canadian_llama
Disco11 on

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Have you tried uploading from a different computer?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We have and same thing... Exact same steps: works for me and not her... Have tried changing her settings for the photos application and they are identical to mine.

Disco11 on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You might want to report the issue to facebook... do the photos *ever* show up? If you log out of her account and log back into hers can you see them?

Often times very large sites like Facebook will have very complicated database setups to distribute load between their servers. It's not rare for a certain user to be directed toward a particular database server and some other user to be directed at some other server, based on any number of criteria.

This could cause data discrepancies if they did something wrong and could lead to data being missing entirely, such as your photos. I could see this being somewhat likely since you have unique browser sessions but identical IP addresses.

It's also not rare for data to be posted to a database correctly but take time to show up (on the order of seconds, even minutes on a busy day) because the DB server that data is posted to is different from the one that is being read from, and the copy may have not been written yet. This usually manifests itself on Facebook by the mysterious blank square for images, or status updates being in a particular order at one point, and then different after a page refresh.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    She can see pictures and untill recently could post pictures with no problem... Will give it some time and see what happens.

Disco11 on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a similar problem. It fixed itself in a few days.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ya took 3 hours but the pics posted... Wife is happy she can post our hicking pictures! Thanks guys!

Disco11 on